Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

I didn't go through all the pages in this thread so forgive me if I'm just repeating.

while we're at the topic of modifications,

can we get a use for the display banner?

my suggestion:
it may be put down somewhere and when an enemy gets too close (smaller radius than mobile radar tower, maybe like 5m), it would "spot" the enemy. either flash them on the minimap for a second, or maybe the flag could make a "ping" sound (and / or flash a light ontop of the flag, which had to be added to the model)

7 hours ago, Shui said:

Nice, how about you revert the nice HVR, Ntec and Shotgun changes and put them real quick into this patch too?

Its a 5min edit 🙂

Nah.

12 hours ago, Sakebee said:

We mentioned a few additions to the patch notes for this Wed. As promised, here are the specifics on those additions:

• Increased the Cooldown for Remote Detonator from 0s -> 90s
  • The new Mobile Cover Orange mod will be available from the Joker Store for 100 JT.

The OP will be updated to reflect these changes as well.

Im starting to see something.. but you guys really need to push and work hard to bring much more.

We need changes for the car spawner, bug fixes and maybe an anti-griefing method.

Update Approved. ✅

PS Even the spawn itself need a touch, i hate spawning behind or in front of an enemy, no sense.

Edited by AlishaHutt
  • Like 1

Hello. I'm one of those dumb a-holes who repeatedly spawns and detonates my car near a spawner.

Typically this is only worth one kill before I die, usually to my own vehicle.

In my opinion, the cooldown is unnecessary, but it really only stops me from doing the above tactic.

Then again, I usually run it with brick, and launch the car at whatever area I want to blow up. This was very fun but usually not very successful as the other team would catch on very quickly. Car spawners are not exactly plastered with cover as it's a place that an entire vehicle needs to exist at; and they remember my vehicle design, bait it, and dodge, then kill me.

I personally think 90 is far too high. Maybe 45 would be a better timer. If anything.

If it was a good tactic, then you would see more players doing it. Non-meta tactics don't need to be nerfed. You should really focus on the things that people abuse on the regular such as swapping from a low damage pistol (damage is not noticed) to a high damage sniper to "one shot" people without them being aware. That gets me more than any detonator ever has.

The only reason people are mad at this tactic is because they got tricked into following me to my car. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Just remember what my vehicle looks like.

Oh and just a quick addition, ALIG and mobile spawner are both ridiculously effective. Far more than remote detonator ever could be. RD is just a meme. ALIG and MS are S-tier meta.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Reminder that in real life, vehicles don't violently explode. Gasoline is highly flammable, but not explosive.

Thx for supporting my side

• Like 1

Anyone wanna say goodbye to something that was in the game for, i dunno, 8 years? 😄 

Feel free to cry here, i'll be near by. :3

All this if it is a pleasure to read it, finally an update with good purposes, I hope you get it right the first time! thanks for the work and your own time you spend 🙂 cookie are you there?

25539.jpg

I have the milk ready and I lack cookies ..... xdnnnnnnn

Edited by SirVilla

A new bug:

Activating Mobile Cover while Satchel Charge is deployed will cause Satchel Charge to dissapear.

And vice versa, activating the Satchel Charge while Mobile Cover is deployed will cause Mobile Cover to dissapear.

10 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Because no one shoots under cars at all, right?

We do, but one set of feet moves fast and the other glacially slow. (standing/crouching)

10 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Because no one shoots under cars at all, right?

Almost everyone does, but it's way harder to hide behind a flat vegas, which requires you to crouch and basically stand still.

The espacio and pioneer allow you to sprint all over the place which makes shooting under cars quite troublesome.

i was updating the apb client (launcher) and it gave me an error.

tried to repair and still gives me error.

what do I do now?

edit: I can still enter districts anyways..

Edited by Uhtdred

15 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

i was updating the apb client (launcher) and it gave me an error.

tried to repair and still gives me error.

what do I do now?

edit: I can still enter districts anyways..

... Complains about an error but doesn't show the error ...

Guess we'll all just magically know which error it is.

• Like 1

Weapon idea: Scoped Joker CR5 with 3 open slots, just like the VAS Scepter. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gro said:

A L I G

L

I

G

No one uses anti vehicle weapons... if you can have concussion grenade, that can the same and dont need a primary weapon slot!

25 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

No one uses anti vehicle weapons... if you can have concussion grenade, that can the same and dont need a primary weapon slot!

kevlar

5 hours ago, Somepony said:

A new bug:

Activating Mobile Cover while Satchel Charge is deployed will cause Satchel Charge to dissapear.

And vice versa, activating the Satchel Charge while Mobile Cover is deployed will cause Mobile Cover to dissapear.

Technically that's not a bug, it's to prevent multiple deployables being deployed at once from a given player. That being said, with Mobile Cover being an orange mod now, it's a question if LO still wants it tied into the deployment check with the yellow consumables.

56 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

I use that, bought SWAMP recently, jezus its cool weapon 

4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

... Complains about an error but doesn't show the error ...

Guess we'll all just magically know which error it is.

instead of the button "play" i got a button with "ERROR".

that's all.

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

instead of the button "play" i got a button with "ERROR".

There's some text under the loading bar, what's that?

It's most likely just that a file is still in use by a process somewhere, so usually restarting fixes that.

If that doesn't you will want to have a look at your AV/AM tools

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

There's some text under the loading bar, what's that?

It's most likely just that a file is still in use by a process somewhere, so usually restarting fixes that.

If that doesn't you will want to have a look at your AV/AM tools

I opened the game using binaries and it worked..

The only thing that will save this game is rethinking mission types altogether. Not adjusted mission timers and not flashy new graphics. 

35 minutes ago, Iosono said:

The only thing that will save this game is rethinking mission types altogether.

I was thinkin about this things long ago.All this missions with theyr objectives,campin spots and just slow paced gameplay may not seem very atractive to many players in future.LO better think of plan B about mission districts like new mode similar to Riot but well maded.Maybe some team deathmatch on entire map with groups of 4(able to see the other players)or groups of 4 elemination match(1 life each member)LO must think how to progress the npcs with the new modes.Also not bad idea to think about some deathmatch in Asylum(FFA)-would be great.Idk this missions feel super dated and frustratin especially for older players like me.Just the pace of the game is too slow..every mission is at least 10-15 min. can go even above 20 min.Too much wasted time

Edited by TheMessiah

58 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

This game isn't like [insert other game here]! Change the game to be like that game!

How about no? Go play that other game if you want that kind of gameplay.

A new bug with Satchel Charge:

If you die right after using it, then, when you respawn, another INVISIBLE Satchel Charge will spawn at your position and detonate when countdown comes to zero.

Example: https://youtu.be/n2vhnxPj9Q4?t=9870

Possible reason: countdown to detonation doesn't stop if Satchel Charge exploded earlier because of taken damage.

Edited by Somepony
  • Like 1

Okay... the patch has been live for a few hours, and I played for most of those.
Here my thoughts especially on the car changes (cause I dont really use mobile cover anyways and the orange supplybox upgrade is still implemented and works normally? (Did I missread that part?)
On the weapons, consumable, and mission changes I cant really comment too much on as of rn.

What I do want to comment on however, is the car changes.

So essentially, cars were brought in line. But lets look at the Details.
The highest HP cars went from 1600HP to 1300HP, meanwhile middle class cars, that used to be at 1350 HP, were brought down to 1150 HP, with several fast cars, that had their HP brought up to 1150HP, from 950HP.

So, what this means is, we do not have any useful Cars to work as mobile cover. On paper these 300 HP, do not sound much, but, you have to add 30% to it, to account for Steel plating III.
This means, the total nerf of effective HP, for those cars is not 1600->1300 (which is an almost 20% decrease in HP) but its actually 2080->1690 Which means, with Armor plating III you now essentially have barely more HP, than those cars had as base HP beforehand.

So... what is the issue with this? In the hours I played today, cars felt like they were made out of paper. No matter which one, you could easily destroy everything A normal Grenade can deal up to 1200 Damage, and Steel plating does not reduce that damage. That means, that you can literally destroy all Cars, except for the Pioneer, the Vegas RWD, the Espacio, and the Ceresco (and possibly other cars you cant get anymore + ofc some world spawn cars) with a single grenade. (which to put this bluntly, still means, you have certain cars, that are just flatout better than others, which now is those 4 (although the Ceresco barely belongs on this list at only 1250 HP and barely enough engine power to move itself)
And you can destroy absolutely all player cars with 2 grenades. Not to mention, that a grenade, plus a single mag of pretty much every gun in the game, can destroy every single car, Even, if that car has Steel plating III, because 30% of 100 HP is only 30 HP, which just doesnt matter.

This is a huge issue, because you just at times need to go in hot with your car into the enemy team, to even stand a chance, especially, if you are running a shotgun or SMG build. Not to mention, that you cant even use your car as mobile cover anymore, if you need it for certain chokehold positions. As even 1300 HP is not a lot in those scenarios. A single well placed grenade, plus 2-3 Shots from a sniper, can even take out an Espacio with Steel plating III.
The reason that is necessary, is because still, most missions dont give you the time, to try an organized approach. If I only have 1:30 minutes to try and get into a chokehold, that I can barely get into if I have 5 minutes and the larger team, then I just need some way to do anything. And mobile cover is great, unless you have to attack a position above you, or you are more than one person at a position.
That then means, that you are massively dependent on the cars that spawn around you, if you can get an armored truck, you have a chance, if not, its GG from there.

So my point is, we need high HP player vehicles. I have been for adding the armored truck and the heavy duty truck as player vehicles for ages (even without slots, if that would be the only way to balance it, but ofc with slots would be nicer) Now we kinda lost the only options, that kinda went towards that direction... And really, all we would need, to make Espacio and Pioneer work at their 1600HP would be a beginner car with 1500-1550 HP (which the Ceresco would be the perfect choice for) And maybe a tiny reduction in their engine power.

And after playing for several hours today, my initial impression is, you could just add 200 HP to absolutely all cars, cause as it stands, the only cars that dont blow up immediately are the world spawn trucks.

So conclusion, I like that in general cars are brought more closely together in terms of HP, they just are all too low now. And it would be good, to have the option for reliable, slow, big, high HP vehicles as you just need them in some missions, that should ofc have an option newer players can quickly get into.

20 hours ago, Gro said:

A L I G

L

I

G

new players are proven to not play enough to get that every week nor know about it to begin with.

players who have been here a while or can speak the language to communicate with people can ask but not everyone can do that because of multiple countries that play.

and contrary to some peoples belief alig doesn't kill fast enough if there's armor 3 and no clear path to shoot the target vehicle in question.

for a new player it is a balance issue so they are making adjustments to see what they  would like for apb.

Edited by Fortune Runner