Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

22 minutes ago, 404 said:

larger vehicles generally have larger fuel tanks

Fair, but that won't overshadow the reduction in outward explosive-pressure from the extra armor on the vehicle.

If anything, the armor on Pioneer would dampen the explosion, therefore it should actually deal less damage than non-armored vehicles.

On 8/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, FakeBungo said:

solution is to let players shoot through car windows and windscreens

car model sprite does not allow.

needs new model

We mentioned a few additions to the patch notes for this Wed. As promised, here are the specifics on those additions:

• Increased the Cooldown for Remote Detonator from 0s -> 90s
  • The new Mobile Cover Orange mod will be available from the Joker Store for 100 JT.

The OP will be updated to reflect these changes as well.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Nice!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

We mentioned a few additions to the patch notes for this Wed. As promised, here are the specifics on those additions:

• The new Mobile Cover Orange mod will be available from the Joker Store for 100 JT.

giphy.gif

I can hear the toxic tryhards just screaming their lungs out.

11 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

dope

22 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Thanks

On 7/31/2020 at 7:09 PM, Sakebee said:

Car Changes

• Modified the HP values for cars in the following way:
    • Bishada: 900 -> 1,150 (HBF 977)
    • Jericho: 1,100 -> 1,150 (HBF 977)
    • Vegas 4x4: 1,350 -> 1,150 (HBF 977)
    • Vegas: 1,350 -> 1300 (HBF 1,105)
    • Pioneer: 1,600 -> 1,350 (HBF 1,147)
    • Espacio: 1,600 -> 1,350 (HBF 1,147)
    • Growl: 950 -> 1150 (HBF 977)
    • Mikro 900 -> 950 (HBF 807)
    • Varzuga variants 900 -> 950 (HBF 807)

I really dont agree with the HP drop on the pio and espacio. These are the only 2 cars that can actually take team fire with any chance of survival. Lets not start with OSMAW shots. I see the volcano nerf but I dont see an OSMAW nerf here and that would be ideal for survival not only in cars but on foot. ALIG will still tear a car up like paper as well and if you have more then one of any of these no car will survive even with the increased hp on most of them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I really dont agree with the HP drop on the pio and espacio. These are the only 2 cars that can actually take team fire with any chance of survival. Lets not start with OSMAW shots. I see the volcano nerf but I dont see an OSMAW nerf here and that would be ideal for survival not only in cars but on foot. ALIG will still tear a car up like paper as well and if you have more then one of any of these no car will survive even with the increased hp on most of them.

most new players cant cope with how defensively strong those two cars are compared to the players who either unlocked those or bought them , who by then have  weapons unlocked that can kill those vehicles while  new players cant.

its a balance issue so they are adjusting to see if this works out or not.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:15 PM, Machine659 said:

50 unreleased missions is all? or there few that they are not tested yet 

50 new missions ontop of what we got is a lot though, the question should be, which contacts are they tied to

Merged.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:21 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

osmaw does like 1k vehicle damage off the bat. Volcano does more, that's why volcano is nerfed. Why would you nerf osmaw? It's fine as is honestly.

G1 had buffed half the vehicles including the pio/espacio ages ago just after the Alig buff, a handful were unnecessary, including the pio/espacio.

You're really worried about aligs? When almost noone runs them? Not only that, but if you're running face first into 2-3 aligs, you're either on the blue steel mission and going to lose because of car surfer exists, or a car mission where the measly mission vehicle has low hp.

You're NOT meant to "get away" or have the vehicle "survive" when faced off against anti-vehicular weapons. The AV weapons suffer against players in general (aside from like DMR), and only do well against vehicles. Most times you pop out and kill the alig, because he sure as heck isn't able to kill you most of the time, sure you lost the vehicle but there's generally more around.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, Sakebee said:

ew @det changes.... I can understand 60s, but making it exactly the same as an ammo box or mobile cover is extremely meh. It's already a situational mod.

3 hours ago, Sakebee said:

lol nice!

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

ew @det changes.... I can understand 60s, but making it exactly the same as an ammo box or mobile cover is extremely meh. It's already a situational mod.

its the same cd that meteor has, glad to see some consistency from orbit

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Nice, how about you revert the nice HVR, Ntec and Shotgun changes and put them real quick into this patch too?

Its a 5min edit 🙂

9 hours ago, Sakebee said:

lol uninstalled - messing around with explosives was the only thing entertaining about this game.  along with the volcano nerf definitely cements the game squarely into masochism territory.  why not do something useful and nerf the "lag shield" one gets rewarded for playing with bad internet?

Edited by dr0zone
sp

1 hour ago, 404 said:

its the same cd that meteor has, glad to see some consistency from orbit

And meteor is in generally considered trash to begin with sooo...

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:55 PM, GhosT said:

With the tanky one having full standing height cover. The vegas requires you to crouch and be less mobile.

Because no one shoots under cars at all, right?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

And meteor is in generally considered trash to begin with sooo...

judging from this thread plenty of people think det is trash too, but idk what that has to do with similar vehicle mods having similar cooldowns

unless youre implying meteor is trash because it has a 90s cd, when its really just that it has more downsides and less versatility than remote det, as well as only being available ona a single 10k jt vehicle 

27 minutes ago, 404 said:

judging from this thread plenty of people think det is trash too, but idk what that has to do with similar vehicle mods having similar cooldowns

unless youre implying meteor is trash because it has a 90s cd, when its really just that it has more downsides and less versatility than remote det, as well as only being available ona a single 10k jt vehicle 

It's "trash" imo because the really high cooldown, mixed with increased vehicle damage, and being interruptible with civilian vehicles and other downsides. I wasn't even counting the 10k JT, but honestly it's a waste of JT. Having a high timer cooldown on it is imo unnecessary and will only prevent the most extreme cases that can be seen in fightclub.

Otherwise mission districts will for the most part remain "un changed", because on average, i only see 4-6 dets a mission if that to begin with, and that's still well within the bounds of a 1:30 timer limit. It severely hinders the usability as well in cases such as last stage car chases where you may "have" to blow up the enemies that are running without having an osmaw or alig equipped if you did it "recently".

Now, does this fix some of the most spammable uses of det? absolutely, however that could have easily been done by doing a 1 minute timer, which would still allow an enemy to die, and respawn, and get to objective and be "safe" for a short time. 1:30 sounds like an unncessary length of time, only done because "meteor" which is already considered trash, had one that length, without much consideration of other factors.

People will still whine about det regardless, because people like to run on the road in the open all the time, and charge into enemy spawn vehicles KNOWING they're being lured for a det death. Most of the problem with remote det, is easily fixed by adjusting playstyle to NOT be road fodder. I almost never die to det, even with enemies using it. IF I do die, its once, MAYBE twice a game out of 6-12 deaths. Annoying? somewhat, but considering it's not often that I die to it, I always have to ask what people are doing wrong to make them complain so badly about it. (I haven't really used det much in over a year either, i used to main it on a broadwing.) So /shrug

9 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

changed", because on average, i only see 4-6 dets a mission if that to begin with, and that's still well within the bounds of a 1:30 timer limit. It severely hinders the usability as well in cases such as last stage car chases where you may "have" to blow up the enemies that are running without having an osmaw or alig equipped if you did it "recently".

its likely the intent was to discourage fringe abuse (repeatedly parking det vehicles on objectives, repeatedly spawning det cars while camping near a vehicle spawner, etc), wothout overly affecting gameplay

the mod itself is balanced just fine, but the lack of a cd timer allowed for undesirable behavior

a player being forced to consider where and when they use an item to get max effectiveness sounds like a pretty basic apb building block to me, not a negative 

• Thanks 1

nerf car spawner pls...

Idc about car det noobs , but car spawner is cancer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

most new players cant cope with how defensively strong those two cars are compared to the players who either unlocked those or bought them , who by then have  weapons unlocked that can kill those vehicles while  new players cant.

its a balance issue so they are adjusting to see if this works out or not.

A L I G

L

I

G

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dett2 said:

nerf car spawner pls...

Yes, but they need to be careful about it. Mobile Spawn Point was originally added to help alleviate the problems with the vanilla spawn system (specifically, that it's complete shit). The problem is that in an effort to make it highly usable, they tuned it a bit too strongly. To fix it, they should start by:

• Invalid if within 20m of death location
    • Increase to 40m
      • Snipers should need to actually move back into position after a death
  • Invalid if enemy within 35m
    • Increase to 40m
      • For the sake of consistency with the previous
  • Add: "Invalid if mission objective within 100m"
    • This is so that defending teams can no longer put cars inside the objective area

This would be a good set of initial changes. After being life for a bit of time and the quirks have been shaken out, further tweaks may or may not be needed.

22 hours ago, LilyRain said:

P.S reply: Big cars having bigger explosions is not logical because gas tanks are gas tanks. They're still consumer-sized vehicles.

Reminder that in real life, vehicles don't violently explode. Gasoline is highly flammable, but not explosive.

• Like 2