Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

The things you said aren't fault of the detonator.

The only change remote detonator needs is a cooldown so you can't spam it as much.

Now Explosives 3 however, that is a little problematic seeing how the effect of the explosion ends way sooner than the damage radius.

//Edit: Add a reverse gear to the Moirai, then it might see some use.

What I have in mind is to add something similar of the grenades, or better adding the same mechanic for damaging depending from radius players or vehicles.

Their damage is due of how much you are far from center of where the grenade explode.

I dont see it too applicate with detonator+ Explosive 3, also predicting it if the opponent is decent, very rarely I survive at the edge of the presumed blast radious if I dont have a excellent cover, and especially  a lot of times you arent enough so fast to espace cause of the big blast radious.

35 minutes ago, greenfield said:

How about removing the damn DETONATOR ??????

Nope 🥺

28 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

What I have in mind is to add something similar of the grenades, or better adding the same mechanic for damaging depending from radius players or vehicles.

Their damage is due of how much you are far from center of where the grenade explode.

I dont see it too applicate with detonator+ Explosive 3, also predicting it if the opponent is decent, very rarely I survive at the edge of the presumed blast radious if I dont have a excellent cover, and especially  a lot of times you arent enough so fast to espace cause of the big blast radious.

Cars have the same explosion drop off range as grenades, just further away.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, Sakebee said:
    • Vegas: 1,350 -> 1300 (HBF 1,105)
    • Pioneer: 1,600 -> 1,350 (HBF 1,147)
    • Espacio: 1,600 -> 1,350 (HBF 1,147)

Amazing, the fastest car has only 50 less HP than the "Tank" ones. #Balanced.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Suggest some numbers then.

5 hours ago, SinistraDelMassa said:

I'd love to see the Moirai get a minor HP buff to go with the other cars!

That's my thoughts on the patch for now 😄

5 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Disagree just make it 4wd or something to stop it taking 3 decades to reverse.

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

Add a reverse gear to the Moirai, then it might see some use.

moirai needs a weight/mass buff as well

its knocked around far too easily for a vehicle that's based on two different full sized sedans and it has pathetic ramming power, increased weight would probably make it a little less flighty around corners

2 hours ago, 404 said:

moirai needs a weight/mass buff as well

its knocked around far too easily for a vehicle that's based on two different full sized sedans and it has pathetic ramming power, increased weight would probably make it a little less flighty around corners

While I agree, there's additionally something to the maneuverability of the car right now, it's very different from all the other cars to drive - I wouldn't want to lose the specialty, but again, it does need a bit of help.

7 minutes ago, SinistraDelMassa said:

While I agree, there's additionally something to the maneuverability of the car right now, it's very different from all the other cars to drive - I wouldn't want to lose the specialty, but again, it does need a bit of help.

I'd rather it was worth driving at all.

Handles like poop it does.

3 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

With the tanky one having full standing height cover. The vegas requires you to crouch and be less mobile.

9 hours ago, Frosi said:

The Mikro was buffed to the Vaquero's health so they are equal at 950 now.

I see, i thought the Vaquero and Mikro had the same amount of health points before.

Interesting to see that some people see an issue with 4x4 being 1,150 and the RWD Vegas being 1,300. Yes it does have the max top speed along with the other cars, but driving a RWD Vegas often I've been caught "spinning" my tires when any other fast 2-door car would have gotten out of there in plenty of time. The RWD should be at least at 1,250 unless they remove that annoying downside when accelerating from a full stop (if wheelies stay out of 2.1 however Nitro III can negate that easier so we'll see)

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

But big matches are still a fun way to break things up even if they are chaotic unbalanced clusterfucks. I just would never want more than one or two a play session.

Yup. I remember when the backup was broken and we could end up with 16vs16 matches. I loved those. The defending side was a guranteed win BUT it was so much fun. It was an actual street modern warefare. Like a turf war or the two faction war. It looked amazing. I remember spawning and trying to go for the objective and on the street there was 1 group fighting and in the hallways there was another group fighting and on the roof was the package where people were trying to snipe the defending campers. It was amazing. It looked like the screenshots where they show a big group vs big group fights. Broken but very fun.

Edited by killerskull
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Please look into Moirai and cisco aswell. Give them some love. 

Cisco feels like a paper car. Due to it being such a weak car that can't carry an heavy item, there is no reason to use it.

Perhaps boosting it's speed would help. 

Moirai definitely needs some love too. The handeling is pretty bad. Making a 4x 4 Moirai with better handeling would be sweet. 

Just now, killerskull said:

Yup. I remember when the backup was broken and we could end up with 16vs16 matches. I loved those. The defending side was a guranteed win BUT it was so much fun. It was an actual street modern warefare. Like a turf war or the two faction war. It looked amazing. I remember spawning and trying to go for the objective and on the street there was 1 group fighting and in the hallways there was another ground fighting and on the roof was the package where people were trying to snipe the defending campers. It was amazing. Broken but very fun.

Making >4vs>4 death match  by default would be cool 

On 8/1/2020 at 2:41 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Everyone: Screams bloody murder about the PMG

You guys:

Think that dogear killed cars a liiiiil too fast

nah PMG was too OP so LO nerfed the OCA, big brained

Merged.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Suggest some numbers then.

solution is to let players shoot through car windows and windscreens

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Infinito said:

Cisco feels like a paper car. Due to it being such a weak car that can't carry an heavy item, there is no reason to use it. Perhaps boosting it's speed would help.

The Cisco's speed is perfectly fine, the issue with the car is that it has no weight. The slightest tap from another car sends it careening out of control, which usually ends up with it impacting several other vehicles and/or the environment causing massive damage that you can do nothing to stop once it starts happening.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The Cisco's speed is perfectly fine, the issue with the car is that it has no weight. The slightest tap from another car sends it careening out of control, which usually ends up with it impacting several other vehicles and/or the environment causing massive damage that you can do nothing to stop once it starts happening.

Agreed. They could just make it an "electric" car making it weight more from the battery 😛

On 7/31/2020 at 7:26 PM, LilyRain said:

unknown.png

Half the vehicles in this game come with explosion-stats on the left, and some others (for whatever reason) have the stats on the right.. which sadly include the Pioneer and Espacio.

It is very clear that a Pioneer/Espacio exploding will result in death EVEN with the mighty Flak Jacket equipped, add to that their heightened explosion range and you get an obvious new meta: Ditch High-Burn-Fuel, slap in Explosives 3..

Kindly consider changing these stats as well for the patch as combining these with remote-detonator is comically busted & will render your changes 40% useless. Changing these numbers won't take time, ninja them in with the patch pls ❤️

Why should flak make you impervious to explosive death if Valisparsms won't make you impervious to being run over?

On note of the changes:

Looks pretty f#$@#n great! I'm looking forward to the updates.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Why should flak make you impervious to explosive death if Valisparsms won't make you impervious to being run over?

This comparison goes deeper

With flak jacket, one would be 1 step away from death, whereas one can walk UNSCRATCHED with Valziprams when they function. Even with flak jacket protecting against all explosions, Valzipram is still more illogical and busted. Plus, tanks such as the Pioneer should never have had those busted stats to begin with.. I don't see why won't we bring things to where they should've been, flak included

Slightly irrelevant but honest opinion: Amongst all R195 mods, Valzipram makes the least if not no logic at all... While it is one of the best blue mods to use, it makes APB look stupid. This mod should never have existed. I'd even argue that Spotter makes more sense despite its exaggerated-benefit of real-time-tracking & that it is my most hated R195 mod. There is no merit in a straight-forward comparison of different-colour-mods that are not the same in nature

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

This comparison goes deeper

With flak jacket, one would be 1 step away from death, whereas one can walk UNSCRATCHED with Valziprams when they function. Even with flak jacket protecting against all explosions, Valzipram is still more illogical and busted. Plus, tanks such as the Pioneer should never have had those busted stats to begin with.. I don't see why won't we bring things to where they should've been, flak included

Slightly irrelevant but honest opinion: Amongst all R195 mods, Valzipram makes the least if not no logic at all... While it is one of the best blue mods to use, it makes APB look stupid. This mod should never have existed. I'd even argue that Spotter makes more sense despite its exaggerated-benefit of real-time-tracking & that it is my most hated R195 mod. There is no merit in a straight-forward comparison of different-colour-mods that are not the same in nature

"when" and they don't stop death from vehicles at full speed depending on the vehicle, and while there are ways to help circumvent it, flak is still more useful. Flak will reduce damage from ALL explosions, however, there are "some" that deal 2000 damage, and thus you still die. Just as valisparsms do not protect from many vehicles going at max speed but will at most other speeds.

This means you HAVE to play around that  mods weakness.

Valisparsms you must run "away" from the vegas at full speed, to not die for example (least it used to). But it sets you up to be a lame duck death if you stop for a moment, or they hop out and fire at you as you stop to fire and die. Useful only when going car destroyer as a primary role imo, or if you're going to be sitting on the road all day with a sniper lel.

Flak sets you up with fewer grenades, however you no longer have to fear about getting hit with frags or conc nearly as much. But, you still have "specific" situations with both where you WILL die.

Flak shouldn't be an end all be all tank all explosions mod, quite frankly if you die a lot with flak from vehicles, common sense literally says to be careful around those vehicles, if valisparsms make APB look "stupid" imagine tanking literally every explosion in game with flak. Now imagine people charging a pio into you or your team with flak and just standing near the vehicle, and blowing it up, or getting out on the other side, and blowing it up and firing at you without worry knowing you're running the other way lol. Flak will be much dirtier than it is already. 2 Flaks? May the best guy fire first I guess, still doesn't negate the fact that the whole point of remote det is to get a kill, even if it means suiciding yourself for it. So the guy will still probably succeed regardless.

I think I've only seen Valisparsms like... once in mission districts, in over a year, and considering there's "3" blue mods to pick from (HL 3, Car Surf, and Valis) it's not very used. It's still rather situational as well, and some people may prefer it as it does shut down carplay to an extent if used right. We know how much people hate being charged with vehicles at spawn for example. I don't really consider it a problem mod, weird situational one sure, but I also don't generally "try" run people over to begin with, shooting them tends to be more reliable, so that's probably part of it.

p.s. Big cars have big explosions, it's pretty logical for that imo.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

"when" and they don't stop death from vehicles at full speed depending on the vehicle, and while there are ways to help circumvent it, flak is still more useful. Flak will reduce damage from ALL explosions, however, there are "some" that deal 2000 damage, and thus you still die. Just as valisparsms do not protect from many vehicles going at max speed but will at most other speeds.

This means you HAVE to play around that  mods weakness.

Valisparsms you must run "away" from the vegas at full speed, to not die for example (least it used to). But it sets you up to be a lame duck death if you stop for a moment, or they hop out and fire at you as you stop to fire and die. Useful only when going car destroyer as a primary role imo, or if you're going to be sitting on the road all day with a sniper lel.

Flak sets you up with fewer grenades, however you no longer have to fear about getting hit with frags or conc nearly as much. But, you still have "specific" situations with both where you WILL die.

Flak shouldn't be an end all be all tank all explosions mod, quite frankly if you die a lot with flak from vehicles, common sense literally says to be careful around those vehicles, if valisparsms make APB look "stupid" imagine tanking literally every explosion in game with flak. Now imagine people charging a pio into you or your team with flak and just standing near the vehicle, and blowing it up, or getting out on the other side, and blowing it up and firing at you without worry knowing you're running the other way lol. Flak will be much dirtier than it is already. 2 Flaks? May the best guy fire first I guess, still doesn't negate the fact that the whole point of remote det is to get a kill, even if it means suiciding yourself for it. So the guy will still probably succeed regardless.

I think I've only seen Valisparsms like... once in mission districts, in over a year, and considering there's "3" blue mods to pick from (HL 3, Car Surf, and Valis) it's not very used. It's still rather situational as well, and some people may prefer it as it does shut down carplay to an extent if used right. We know how much people hate being charged with vehicles at spawn for example. I don't really consider it a problem mod, weird situational one sure, but I also don't generally "try" run people over to begin with, shooting them tends to be more reliable, so that's probably part of it.

p.s. Big cars have big explosions, it's pretty logical for that imo.

You are still forgetting a lot of factors..

By using flak jacket, the player gives up a grenade as well as the health regeneration of not equipping Clotting Agent, which sadly the game revolves around & mostly gets balanced around. There is a lot to give up here just to walk away from explosions with a tiny bit of health that can be taken away by anything in the game.

What do players give up from not using Valziprams however? Either Happy Landings, Car Surfer or Hard Landings since that's all the blue character modifications in the game... I am sorry, but telling me that "it's not very used" is a flat out lie... press tab to check what mods players equip more often.. Happy Landings, Car Surfer and Hard Landings are well-considered to be far from competitive.. What is the drawback from using Valziprams then? Virtually NOTHING.

Not only those tanks have stronger explosions but also a bigger radius, which gets amplified by explosives 3, which more people will use now because their beloved high-burn-fuel is getting a nerf. It is also statistically impossible to run away from a well-placed brick-remote-det on these tanks with explosives 3..

P.S reply: Big cars having bigger explosions is not logical because gas tanks are gas tanks. They're still consumer-sized vehicles.

Edited by LilyRain

58 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

It is also statistically impossible to run away from a well-placed brick-remote-det on these tanks with explosives 3..

Now, why should one be able to evade a "well-placed" anything?

This game is about teamplay, not about being fair to 1v1 in every possible situation.

You lose strategy: you lose the match.

Getting jihad-mobile'd often? Get one of your guys a rocket/alig/conc and let him deal with it.

4 hours ago, Gro said:

Now, why should one be able to evade a "well-placed" anything?

This game is about teamplay, not about being fair to 1v1 in every possible situation.

You lose strategy: you lose the match.

Getting jihad-mobile'd often? Get one of your guys a rocket/alig/conc and let him deal with it.

Completely irrelevant, but teamplay always triumphs, regardless of how the game is in 1v1 scenarios.

And it isn't "evasion" when flak lets you survive with literally 1 HP while sacrificing a lot in return..

Valzipram however (which for whatever reason is being compared to green mods) is the one that lets players "evade" a good hit.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:39 AM, wHisHi said:

You want pmg buff or frag grenade able to 1 shot any vehicle?

YES YES I WANT A PMG THAT CAN FIRE WITH THE RANGE OF AN HVR THE POWER OF AN HVR AND THE FIRE RATE OF SHAW IM SO GLAD YOU CAN READ MY MIND! no seiously im saying stop nerfing all the god dam gusn that dont need it and leaving the ones that need it alone, and nades should kill players quicker not cars. im tired of using 2 mags of ammo most hitting and two frags and dying to an fbw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LilyRain said:

S reply: Big cars having bigger explosions is not logical because gas tanks are gas tanks. They're still consumer-sized vehicles.

larger vehicles generally have larger fuel tanks

• Like 1

I am glad to hear that you improving the balance of missions, but I didn’t like the changes on weapons and health of cars