Sakebee

Mission Impossible Patch Announcement

I wonder if it would be too much of a buff to Satchel Charge if we were able to detonate it on command by re-pressing the consumable hotkey. Would make it significantly more useful against moving vehicles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only words...

H O L Y   S H I T   M 8

This is nice, thank you! I CAN FINALLY USE MY JERICHO - YEAAAAY

6 hours ago, Kiida said:

Remote det slipped through the cracks again. Needs a proper cooldown on par with the 4x4 Firebomb so it can't be spammed. 

All I have to say. Otherwise great patch. 🙂

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So this confirms that we aren't changing the yellow consumables into proper mods then. That's a shame.

What's the logic on reducing the hard damage at max ramp for the AAEPD? If anything, it should have its health damage reduced to move it away from anti-personnel.

Why is Remote Detonator still not heavily nerfed (or better yet, removed from the game)?

Really good update though, fucking hell. It's nice to see the game actually being developed again.

Also, did LO miss the existence of Resupply (Medium) in the JT shop? Cause that's literally what they just changed Resupply (Large) into.

This was primarily aimed at vehicle balance and deployable reworks, so remdet was left out for now.

AAEPD was too strong with the new values, being able to kill two chunky vehicles without reloading.

Resupply Box is one item now, no more large/medium.

Really excited to see how the community will react and adapt to these changes, it's about time to make APB fun again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Resupply Box is one item now, no more large/medium.

Are you sure about that? There's no mention about (Medium) in the notes.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Are you sure about that? There's no mention about (Medium) in the notes.

Yea, we didn't get to test that, but removing the (large) in the name and making it a medium item wouldn't make sense otherwise, especially with seeing how all the consumables were added to Joker Store, which previously sold the medium box.

6 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Car Changes

WHY?

9 minutes ago, Gro said:

WHY?

Boring meta of only 3 cars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yea, we didn't get to test that, but removing the (large) in the name and making it a medium item wouldn't make sense otherwise, especially with seeing how all the consumables were added to Joker Store, which previously sold the medium box.

I mean, 99% of the playerbase isn't even aware (Medium) exists. I wouldn't be surprised if LO didn't either.

16 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Boring meta of only 3 cars.

Whats wrong with meta?

You won't change the meta making it 5 cars instead of 3.

1 minute ago, Gro said:

Whats wrong with meta?

You won't change the meta making it 5 cars instead of 3.

the point is not to remove the meta (mostly because that's impossoble), the point is to even things out so the meta isnt head and shoulders above everything else

• Like 1

Thease changes seem awesome. Great job LO =D

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How about no. If you're jumping, you shouldn't have any accuracy whatsoever. That's literally the drawback to jumping. The fact that some weapons still maintain accuracy while jumping (high-velocity rifles are the prime example here, mostly the Scout/Pathfinder) is absurd.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with the shotguns keeping accuracy while jumping. That's one of the perks they should have for being unusable past arm's reach.

APB is an arcade tps. Mobility while fighting is what makes arcade shooters fun. Every gun in the game should be pretty accurate while jump shooting. Mobility should be rewarded, not punished. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Senodus said:

APB is an arcade tps.

Once upon a time it was, but they forfeited the right to call themselves that when they brought the average TTK down below one second.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Once upon a time it was, but they forfeited the right to call themselves that when they brought the average TTK down below one second.

What? Look at all other arcade shooters like good cod's like bo2 or mw3, ironsight, warface, they all have decently fast ttk. Imo apb's ttk is actually insanely long and making it any longer would make it simply feel awful and not fun to play. 

Just now, Senodus said:

What? Look at all other arcade shooters like good cod's like bo2 or mw3, ironsight, warface, they all have decently fast ttk. Imo apb's ttk is actually insanely long and making it any longer would make it simply feel awful and not fun to play. 

bf1 has a long ttk so this is like bf1 

10 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

bf1 has a long ttk so this is like bf1 

Not really, it's still much faster than apb. + it's more of a slightly arcadey mill-sim mix thingy than a real arcade shooter 

Edited by Senodus

This is probably biggest balance, update patch apb has ever receive? Really looking forward to this.

This is so amazing. 50 extra missions for extra variation. And balance updates, that's so awesome! 

Vegas finally reduced in HP. Awesome! Maybe it'll finally be possible to properly stop them again with AV weapons. 

There's literally nothing in this patch that concerns me. 

Additionally, I think the whole idea of the engine upgrade is so heavily loaded because literally every game changing update was waiting for the new engine to be released. Updates like this now and then give me good hopes. 

Edited by Infinito
  • Thanks 1

• High Burn Fuel will now reduce Vehicle HP by 15%, in addition to its current effect. - Overkill

Consumable Changes

• Mobile Cover (orange mod)
    • Cooldown: 120s - Why not a short cooldown that starts when you cancel the shield?
    • Duration: 60s -  Unnecessarily short
    • Resupply Box - Should give all types of ammo & include inventory access
      • Cooldown: 180s
      • Duration: 90s
    • Boombox - I'm sorry, but this is the solid proof that whoever is doing the balance has no idea what APB is, who even uses this thing? it was useless before you put any timers on it, was only used for music, it needed a strong buff, but you think it's more useful than Resupply Box & Shield..
      • Cooldown: 60s
      • Duration: 45s

Weapon Changes

• Reduced Blowtorch healing rate by 46% - Overkill
  • Reduced AAEPD 'Volcano JC' max hard damage from 1227 -> 800 - Overkill for a weapon that already needed a slight buff.
  • Reduced ISSR-B hard damage from 72.9 -> 45 - Completely unnecessary, the gun is already surpassed by other snipers, it's role balance is that you can do hard damage with it
  • Reduced SWARM hard damage from 50.7 -> 40.95 - - Same as ISSR-B

Car Changes

• Modified the HP values for cars in the following way:
    • Bishada: 900 -> 1,150 (HBF 977) - This is now better than Jericho, due to better grip & suspension
    • Jericho: 1,100 -> 1,150 (HBF 977) - Slightly better ramming power compared to Bishada doesn't justify the other differences
    • Vegas 4x4: 1,350 -> 1,150 (HBF 977) - There is no reason regular Vegas should have significantly higher HP
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Among the old missions being brought back, are any of them the crim vs crim missions?

Would be cool to see those, as well as enforcer vs enforcer missions. Just general "faction infighting" type missions.

Extremely happy with most changes and excited to try out all these old missions which will be new to me.

Two complaints however.

Remote detonator is still super OP i think a longer cooldown or a bigger reaction time would help.

And the supply cost is way too high considering we only get around 1 to 2k per mission and that's with premium.

On a side note really good stuff thank you Little Orbit for your work on this game ❤️

P.s. id hope to see percussions not 85 you anymore someday and pmg to not be so OP (this is coming from someone who has used them and been on the receiving end as well)