Sign in to follow this  
HelloPie

Eastern European Servers (EU server)

Hello my dear community and the devs! I'm creating this topic only because I'm actually frustrated for the first time of my 9 years of playing APB since OBT. Going straight to the point.
When are the Eastern European servers coming?
I count 3 (three) times when Little Orbit and Matt Scott personally gave promises that the Eastern European servers (EU server) are being worked on and are coming very soon ("weeks not months"). We were also promised to be kept informed as "they learn more". Since these news started appearing, I began to read every News Post. But since March 22nd there were no info at all. Only once I got an answer from Matt on the Reddit AMA thread. But beside that I don't think that I am being kept informed.
It may be that I'm missing something, because I really don't have that much time to play the game and learn all the news and check every forum post. Also I'm not a native English speaker, so it may cause some misunderstanding from my side.
Anyway, recently I noticed that my ping became a little better (was 160, now 140). But idk if that's because there're new servers or because I reinstalled the game to SSD?

The promises from LO and Matt Scott:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2020/3/30/into-the-hopper-beta-info
NEW SERVERS

We also wanted to let you know that we are adding some new servers in Warsaw to better serve our Eastern European players. We don’t have an exact ETA as to when they will be live given the state of the world right now, but they have been ordered and are on their way. We will keep you guys informed as we learn more.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/13373-working-from-home-week-1-recap-thank-you/?tab=comments#comment-170880

With that in mind, we have started the process to open more servers in Warsaw, Poland so our Eastern Europe and Russian players can get better latency.

https://www.reddit.com/r/APB/comments/gme8ri/open_beta_ama/

actually mattscott2 points · 2 months ago

I just spoke with our provider on these. Apparently there was a delay getting circuits into the new facility. All the hardware is racked and ready. Unfortunately I don't have a firm ETA from them. I'm guessing weeks not months.
2020-07-30-211139.jpg

TL;DR When are the EU servers coming?

😄 same as asking when EU happens

• Like 2

"I'm guessing weeks not months"-MattScott, we already heard that somewhere else, he really likes the ''weeks''.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, HelloPie said:

But since March 22nd there were no info at all.

Excuse me, my mistake. I meant since 2 months ago, Open Beta AMA on Reddit.

8 hours ago, HelloPie said:

Hey @HelloPie, this is a good question. Thanks for checking in, and we apologize for the delays so far. Long story short, covid has been interrupting supply chains and making everything take longer than it might otherwise. We paid for the servers in April, but the service we are using has had multiple issues with their vendors preventing things from coming online. I don't feel comfortable giving an ETA at this time given the state of things, but we are working as hard as we can to get these up as soon as possible. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Hey @HelloPie, this is a good question. Thanks for checking in, and we apologize for the delays so far. Long story short, covid has been interrupting supply chains and making everything take longer than it might otherwise. We paid for the servers in April, but the service we are using has had multiple issues with their vendors preventing things from coming online. I don't feel comfortable giving an ETA at this time given the state of things, but we are working as hard as we can to get these up as soon as possible. 

I'm very pleased to receive the response so fast. Thank you for that. But see, it's exactly what I'm talking about. The lack of the servers is not exactly the problem. The problem is that I have to ask directly about you keeping promises. I'd very much like to actually stay informed in one way or another, as was told. Otherwise, I ask you not to give such promises as to keep people informed.

I don't ask to create servers from the air, just keep us updated as you promise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HelloPie said:

7 hours ago, Sakebee said:

shouldnt we get a higher population first?

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

shouldnt we get a higher population first?

I agree on this. No reason to divide already poor population atm.

Not gonna go deep in "if this, if that", just gonna say: Let the devs work on numero uno objective: APB 2.1. Hopefully, this work is going well, as we make sure tomorrow. 😉

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Let the devs work on numero uno objective: APB 2.1.

This.

APB's engine upgrade has taken so damn long it's a joke and point of contention for just about everyone who is familiar with the game. Full speed ahead on that as it has been a prelude of biblical proportions to an absolute mountain of suggested changes and constructive feedback for and by the community. I can't imagine any other change taking precedence over it, if it costs time on its development.

• Like 1

When the game has population to make it worthwhile.

So never.

11 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

This.

APB's engine upgrade has taken so damn long it's a joke and point of contention for just about everyone who is familiar with the game. Full speed ahead on that as it has been a prelude of biblical proportions to an absolute mountain of suggested changes and constructive feedback for and by the community. I can't imagine any other change taking precedence over it, if it costs time on its development.

Damn true, I kinda believe APB either be sold again either be shut down

• Like 2

Bruh, this game is literally dying in front of our eyes. With a population of less than 1000 people they're probably not going to open more EU servers lol. They don't have the money to invest in this game, if they did we would have had more than a short preview of the new 'engine update'. The reality is that APB is barely surviving somehow, very interesting since it's a game from 2010 with no major updates.

Hey guys! Thank you to everyone who responded. Honestly speaking, I didn't think that new servers means totally new region. I expected that new server would just improve (decrease) EU region's latency.
Anyway, for those who say that Little Orbit should focus only on the New Engine Update 2.1 Beta etc, I'd like to point out that I'm not the one who makes such promises. But I'm definitely an interested party. So if the developers say they focus solely on the Engine, let it be so. But if they say other things as well, they should be held responsible.

The APB's playerbase is one of the most loyal and patient of all. We won't go anywhere, if you need time take it. Just be respectful to those who put their money, time and belief in you.

19 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Damn true, I kinda believe APB either be sold again either be shut down

Engine update will come out.

Population surges a little bit as people try it.

Everyone will finally realise how much of a joke it is.

Population dies again.

APB finally shuts down and we can move on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Population dies again.

I know
Words we didnt ask for, but needed

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Population dies again.

Or:

>EU comes out.

>Pop. surges a lot.

>People like the new changes LO has made.

>Pop. doesn't die cause LO keeps making changes based off amazing feedback from the reinvigorated community.

>APB thrives as it was always meant to.

I'm a glass half-full kind of person... Sometimes... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Or:

>EU comes out.

>Pop. surges a lot.

>People like the new changes LO has made.

>Pop. doesn't die cause LO keeps making changes based off amazing feedback from the reinvigorated community.

>APB thrives as it was always meant to.

I'm a glass half-full kind of person... Sometimes... 🙂

Hey, it's your dream, make it as big as you want.

Sign in to follow this