Sign in to follow this  
bruh321312

why gold servers are exist in this game whats the point of it

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Gee, you really scolded those dethreaters into playing in their proper bracket, they'll listen for sure! You quoted my thread and sniped at me, so I'm going to presume you have the common courtesy to have actually read it, in which I explain why you verbally spanking their butts isn't going to solve it. You can't tell them to "man up" and have it happen; the game has no intrinsic value for playing-to-win other than satisfaction, which doesn't mean a whole lot if the cost of victory is a sweatband and a broken keyboard.

Removing visible threat is meaningless. It doesn't solve anything. The community is so small and the districts sizes are so limited that I know 90% of the people I play against, their play style, and how good they are. It won't take someone long to figure it out and more importantly, they're still going to hate themselves and the game when they go 0 - 12. They don't care what color of threat the guy or gal has that did it to them, all they know is that APB is garbage and uninstall it. I've gotten a few whispers already from people asking for advice and venting their frustration. Threat colours don't even play into it.

The issue wasn't complexity... It was the textual medium itself and you using it to try and convey nasty looking 'sarcasm' about something we were talking about between us out of nowhere. Then basically ranted about how people don't like having to try so hard to win in a PvP game with other players.

I don't care if you think I'm exaggerating, it was absolutely annoying - that's my view. I used to solo queue a lot (I have a few max level characters) and premades using scouts obliterated my random teams. Getting tagged as soon as we spawn and them being able to jump around a corner at 60m and do the damage that a scout does with such precision and mobility isn't good for the game. I had my jump scouting phase too, but it was removed for a reason. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad it's gone.

Gee, you really think I made that post to scold dethreaters? No... I was making a point to the OP as to the reason the gold servers are dead. Because people dethreat and go to bronze districts. Therefore golds HAVE to go to silver districts to actually get any sort of opposition at all.

Also winning is the satisfaction in every pvp game like apb? League of Legends what do you get out of winning the game? There is no trophy or prize pool. Its the satisfaction of winning. So not sure what you think people who play pvp games are playing for.

Never said removing threat would solve anything. Ya no one likes going 0-12. You know what else people don't like? Joining a game and getting curb stopped by people who dethreat to avoid vets in gold district by fleeing to bronze districts.

Oh sorry didn't realize this was a private forum my mistake lol... I wasn't ranting either bud. I was stating that dethreaters is one of the issues/reasons we have empty districts and low population. 

I don't care if you care or not I was just making a observational statement based off my extensive apb experience. It was removed because it was "bugged" as they claimed. That's the reason. As I said, I really dont think its as bad as you're making out to be. 

Edited by RespectThis

6 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Gee, you really think I made that post to scold dethreaters? No... I was making a point to the OP as to the reason the gold servers are dead. Because people dethreat and go to bronze districts. Therefore golds HAVE to go to silver districts to actually get any sort of opposition at all.

Also winning is the satisfaction in every pvp game like apb? League of Legends what do you get out of winning the game? There is no trophy or prize pool. Its the satisfaction of winning. So not sure what you think people who play pvp games are playing for.

Uhm, the satisfaction of playing a balanced game against a wide variety of players? Also, you get a ranked skin for doing well at the end of a season and there's objectives with rewards (orbs, skins, etc.) You don't get anything in APB except 3 tickets and a fistful of APB dollars, yet I feel APB is a more fatiguing game to play.

6 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Never said removing threat would solve anything. Ya no one likes going 0-12. You know what else people don't like? Joining a game and getting curb stopped by people who dethreat to avoid vets in gold district by fleeing to bronze districts.

Oh sorry didn't realize this was a private forum my mistake lol... I wasn't ranting either bud. I was stating that dethreaters is one of the issues/reasons we have empty districts and low population. 

I don't care if you care or not I was just making a observational statement based off my extensive apb experience. It was removed because it was "bugged" as they claimed. That's the reason. As I said, I really dont think its as bad as you're making out to be. 

Ya, you did. You said it would be a good thing for the game and then talked about dethreating. I said it wouldn't do anything.

Wasn't that it was a private convo, it was that you came in and just wrote a snide and facetious comment that could've easily been applied to any of us, not sure why you can't see that.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, RespectThis said:

Removing threat would get rid of the threat aspect of the game which is good and bad. Good because people wouldn't freak out when they saw gold players. Bad because people actually like having their rank displayed in games to show what they've achieved. Sure its not huge in APB but its still bragging rights to a degree. Adding penalties to districts wouldn't change a thing. People don't care about the reward reduction if they can actually play the game. Also shouldn't penalize people for wanting to play the game?

15 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Ya, you did. You said it would be a good thing for the game and then talked about dethreating. I said it wouldn't do anything.

Actually, he said it'd be both good and bad, or a double edged sword. People used to look at being a high level gold as an achievement, way before the current threat system. Now it really doesn't mean much. But since it also doesn't mean much now, it means less and would not truly matter that much to remove it. I'm not an expert on balancing, so I can't say I know what would happen, but at least read the man's message fully. You single in on one thing and ignore the next 2 words after. 

23 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Uhm, the satisfaction of playing a balanced game against a wide variety of players? Also, you get a ranked skin for doing well at the end of a season and there's objectives with rewards (orbs, skins, etc.) You don't get anything in APB except 3 tickets and a fistful of APB dollars, yet I feel APB is a more fatiguing game to play.

Yes because everyone in the world who plays league of legends only plays ranked in league of legends for a skin they know nothing about until the season gets close to ending. What about Draft, Normals, whatever the party mode is, and Arams? People are playing to win? No one is playing for orbs, skins, and w.e else that pops up ever month or so? A orb that generally has a skin shard which isn't actually a skin which you have to grind out more for a "fistful" of orange essence. A majority of people are playing to win in any game mode. If people generally want skins they'll just buy it.

Also you do realize the Joker tickets have been reworked and allows you to buy a wide variety of armas weapons? Also they aren't just going to give you a million joker tickets. Its suppose to be a grind. They aren't just handing out skins or orbs in league of legends. 

Wasn't that it was a private convo, it was that you came in and just wrote a snide and facetious comment that could've easily been applied to any of us, not sure why you can't see that.

I said it would be Good AND Bad. Go back and read it. I even highlighted it for you.

I quoted cookie with that comment then specifically said "In regards to the op". So no it wasn't to "any of us" it was specifically Cookie for the sarcastic comment and the OP for the second part.

Edited by RespectThis

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Yes because everyone in the world who plays league of legends only plays ranked in league of legends for a skin they know nothing about until the season gets close to ending. What about Draft, Normals, whatever the party mode is, and Arams? People are playing to win? No one is playing for orbs, skins, and w.e else that pops up ever month or so? A orb that generally has a skin shard which isn't actually a skin which you have to grind out more for a "fistful" of orange essence. A majority of people are playing to win in any game mode. If people generally want skins they'll just buy it.

Also you do realize the Joker tickets have been reworked and allows you to buy a wide variety of armas weapons? Also they aren't just going to give you a million joker tickets. Its suppose to be a grind. They aren't just handing out skins or orbs in league of legends.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Everyone in the entire world is doing it for a skin. Sigh.

I was stating that there's actual rewards you can work towards unlike APB so the pain can be worth it if the satisfaction of winning isn't cutting it in ranked. I'm talking about strictly the competitive side of things here. Normals, ARAMs, those are for fun too. Ranked can be fun, but if the game is kind of a mess balance-wise then there needs to be other incentives for trying to win. There's literally no reason to want to be high gold. Just makes the opp harder and more frustrating for the EXACT same amount of 'rewards' that they get when they dethreat. That is why they dethreat, cause the game doesn't feel rewarding enough to work at it.

In the mission districts? Not really. Those require tickets which you only get in a meaningful amount from FC and that caps out really fast.

1 hour ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Actually, he said it'd be both good and bad, or a double edged sword.

I didn't misread or overlook what he wrote. I'm saying it flat out doesn't matter. He's saying it would make an impact. >.>

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

I quoted cookie with that comment then specifically said "In regards to the op".

On 7/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, RespectThis said:

Whoa cookie wanting something fun in APB? You're in the wrong neighborhood my friend. Here on the APB forums we're about anti fun everythng. We only like our PMGs and Percs. No jumpshots of any kind (ntec or scouts). Weapon diversity? Nope. Shame on you for even having such an idea.

No, you didn't:

I said jump scouting was stupid.

Cookie said he doesn't expect it to make a return, but still likes to think about it.

Then you said, "Here on the APB forums we're about anti fun everythng, blah blah blah"

In what universe is that not directed at me? You're both agreeing and I'm the one disagreeing and you're saying my position is anti-fun. I'm not sure if you're being intentionally dense or just think your super snide and sarcastic comment somehow wasn't applying to what I was saying.

It was an entire paragraph dedicated to sniping me and others who hated jump scouting.

Edited by EvaPooh
These forums are so dumb sometimes.

31 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Everyone in the entire world is doing it for a skin. Sigh.

I was stating that there's actual rewards you can work towards unlike APB so the pain can be worth it if the satisfaction of winning isn't cutting it in ranked. I'm talking about strictly the competitive side of things here. Normals, ARAMs, those are for fun too. Ranked can be fun, but if the game is kind of a mess balance-wise then there needs to be other incentives for trying to win. There's literally no reason to want to be high gold. Just makes the opp harder and more frustrating for the EXACT same amount of 'rewards' that they get when they dethreat. That is why they dethreat, cause the game doesn't feel rewarding enough to work at it.

In the mission districts? Not really. Those require tickets which you only get in a meaningful amount from FC and that caps out really fast.

I didn't misread or overlook what he wrote. I'm saying it flat out doesn't matter. He's saying it would make an impact. >.>

No, you didn't:

Cookie said he doesn't expect it to make a return, but still likes to think about it.

Then you said, "Here on the APB forums we're about anti fun everythng, blah blah blah"

In what universe is that not directed at me? You're both agreeing and I'm the one disagreeing and you're saying my position is anti-fun. I'm not sure if you're being intentionally dense or just think your super snide and sarcastic comment somehow wasn't applying to what I was saying.

It was an entire paragraph dedicated to sniping me and others who hated jump scouting.

Respect was being sarcastic with that comment to cookie. and If you didn't misread what he said, then you ignored it and singled out on the other part, because it didn't help your argument. 

You're also feeling targeted, maybe that's a you problem?

1 minute ago, Abduct / Devote said:

You're also feeling targeted, maybe that's a you problem?

My position.

My position is being targeted as anti-fun and bad for the game. Maybe reading comprehension is your problem.

Ignored? Singled out? By saying what, it's good? That's not even what my argument was about - one side is better or worse... Just forget it.

1 minute ago, EvaPooh said:

My position.

My position is being targeted as anti-fun and bad for the game. Maybe reading comprehension is your problem.

Ignored? Singled out? By saying what, it's good? That's not even what my argument was about - one side is better or worse... Just forget it.

Ok, I kinda knew what I was getting into when I started responding to posts by you of all people, but yeah you're really delusional. Must be fun living in your own world where you're always a victim. 

Don't bother continuing this conversation, you've proven my point already and your "rebuttal" was saying reading comprehension is MY issue. You're unaware of what that statement means I guess, because the only one who's proven they haven't read this conversation properly was YOU. Goodbye, keep playing victim. You want fun but you cry when things are fun like with the jumpshotting scout. Makes a lot of sense. 

You want fun but you cry when things are fun like with the jumpshotting scout. Makes a lot of sense. 

Playing the victim?? Lol.

Dude I'm saying jump scouting is LAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

10 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

I used to solo queue a lot (I have a few max level characters) and premades using scouts obliterated my random teams. Getting tagged as soon as we spawn and them being able to jump around a corner at 60m and do the damage that a scout does with such precision and mobility isn't good for the game. I had my jump scouting phase too, but it was removed for a reason. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad it's gone.

I rest my case victim card. "it was a lot of fun.

Edited by Abduct / Devote

34 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

I'm aware not everyone only plays ranked. There are actual rewards you can work towards in APB as well. Like i stated the joker ticket store has and is still being revamped. Also saving up money to buy that legendary weapon you really want. Normals and Arams are competitive by the way. PvP games are competitive by nature. Hence why people play to win. You can have fun and still be competitive.  Using "for fun" as your reasoning to not be competitive is already an issue. Not even going to go into that non-sense. 

Its not a matter of being high gold or not its being good at the game. People don't dethreat because the game isn't rewarding. Its because they DON'T want to go against people who play well or people they think cheat. Then they can go to the bronze district and spam rockets and other tactics they can't use against ACTUAL gold players. When they beat up new players/low level players they get that rush of feeling good.

34 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

I literally stated both sides...

On 8/1/2020 at 10:12 PM, Abduct / Devote said:

I rest my case victim card. "it was a lot of fun.

Because it's not fun when it's a squad of 4 all doing it. Even 2-3 people doing it can be very annoying. I'm saying jump scouting could be fun solo, but when it's used by multiple people the balance of the gun is out of whack and suddenly it's hurting the game and making it not enjoyable for other players.

"Rest my case"? Cringe.

Merged.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, RespectThis said:

There are actual rewards you can work towards in APB as well. Like i stated the joker ticket store has and is still being revamped. Also saving up money to buy that legendary weapon you really want.

Its not a matter of being high gold or not its being good at the game. People don't dethreat because the game isn't rewarding.

Those aren't rewards for striving to be the best you can be. They're working towards those right now as they pulverize new players while we're talkin'.

Yes, it is, but you know my stance on the subject as you've read my mentality thread.

23 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Those aren't rewards for striving to be the best you can be. They're working towards those right now as they pulverize new players while we're talkin'.

Yes, it is, but you know my stance on the subject as you've read my mentality thread.

Then why do people compete in the Olympics? Its a show case of the best in the world. Just how in your other thread you said how you were grinding to diamond. For what reward? To show that you as a player are good enough to climb to that rank. Just because there is no MMR system doesn't mean players aren't know for being good. The community is pretty vocal about it when there are players that are really good.

Also why aren't they good rewards? A skin doesn't change any sort of gameplay in league. Atleast in APB weapons you can buy with ingame money and joker tickets change your gameplay.

If that was the reason why doesn't everyone dethreat? You're blind if you actually think people dethreat because of rewards. People don't intentionally dethreat due to "lack of rewards".

Edited by RespectThis

the biggest reason players dethreat is for easier matches, regardless of the form of the excuse - too many cheaters, bad matchmaking, tryhards, "playing for fun", etc

while adding rewards for playing better might encourage some players not to dethreat (as well as reward players who play as intended), we've already seen a similar system where taking away rewards for playing in the wrong threat district had no real effect on the majority of people trying to join bronze instances to curbstomp - rewards alone are not going to meaningfully impact the dethreating issue

Edited by 404
typo

15 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Then why do people compete in the Olympics? Its a show case of the best in the world.

If that was the reason why doesn't everyone dethreat? You're blind if you actually think people dethreat because of rewards. People don't intentionally dethreat due to "lack of rewards".

It's both. Also, they compete in Olympics because it's their passion AND they get paid for it. AKA they are rewarded for working at it. Kind of a weak example.

Because most people are decent and honorable human beings. It's the rewards and lack of recognition combined. Their only recognition and reward for aiming so high is a gold threat symbol. If there was some ranked seasonal rewards or, well, anything beyond that? You'd see fewer dethreaters.

You can keep calling me blind and wrong, but humans aim to profit from their work and get rewarded for a job well done, à la reaping what you sow. I truly believe that if the game had some kind of prestigious rewards for people who are really good and work hard to be good, you'd see less dethreating all around.

3 minutes ago, 404 said:

the biggest reason players dethreat is for easier matches, regardless of the form that takes - too many cheaters, bad matchmaking, tryhards, "playing for fun", etc

while adding rewards for playing better might encourage some players not to dethreat (as well as reward players who play as intended), we've already seen a similar system where taking away rewards for playing in the wrong threat district had no real effect on the majority of people trying to join bronze instances to curbstomp - rewards alone are not going to meaningfully impact the dethreating issue

You're not wrong, but I don't believe you can eliminate smurfs/dethreaters completely. We have to wait until the engine upgrade for them to try and address the DT plague by implementing mechanics which make it a lot harder to do.

In my thread I talk about making it so you can't drop down from a threat once you reach it. Could be a decent band-aid while segregation is still active? I'm not sure.

Edited by EvaPooh
Didn't see 404's reply.

4 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

You're not wrong, but I don't believe you can eliminate smurfs/dethreaters completely. We have to wait until the engine upgrade for them to try and address the DT plague by implementing mechanics which make it a lot harder to do.

In my thread I talk about making it so you can't drop down from a threat once you reach it. Could be a decent band-aid while segregation is still active? I'm not sure.

the "simplest" ways to fix the dethreating problem would be:

• fix the surrounding issues - players no longer getting screwed over by rng, players getting fairer matches, players perceiving less cheaters, refining the elo calculations, etc, all contribute to making players feel more comfortable where they are placed
  • consistent policing - proving someone is dethreating can be almost impossible, but people not satisfied by the above changes will continue to dethreat as long as it appears there's no widespread punishment

obviously neither option is a quick or easy fix

i don't think any kind of threat lock is a good idea, its just going to lead to massive threat inflation which will increase dethreating

4 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

It's both. Also, they compete in Olympics because it's their passion AND they get paid for it. AKA they are rewarded for working at it. Kind of a weak example.

Because most people are decent and honorable human beings. It's the rewards and lack of recognition combined. Their only recognition and reward for aiming so high is a gold threat symbol. If there was some ranked seasonal rewards or, well, anything beyond that? You'd see fewer dethreaters.

You can keep calling me blind and wrong, but humans aim to profit from their work and get rewarded for a job well done, à la reaping what you sow. I truly believe that if the game had some kind of prestigious rewards for people who are really good and work hard to be good, you'd see less dethreating all around.

As you said, they do it for the passion. Hence why I used it as an example. What makes you think people don't play PvP games to win because they're passionate about them? The reward is being a good player and winning matches. There doesn't have to be a cash intensive.

There is plenty of recognition of players within the community. Maybe you just don't notice it.

Ya humans aim to profit. You think playing a game and winning isn't a reward? That is the reward. You put in the effort and come out with a victory against another group of players. Just because there are prestigious rewards won't change people's incentive. People who are intentionally dethreating now aren't going to have a change of heart just because they add some rewards. They will continue to dethreat and play in bronze districts and slowly obtain the rewards while avoiding players who are better.

3 minutes ago, 404 said:
  • ... players getting fairer matches,

More specifically, drawing from the entire region instead of 40 players. I don't think fair matches for everyone is even possible with only 40 to choose from. Once the game has proper instancing I'll be dancing.

3 minutes ago, 404 said:
  • i don't think any kind of threat lock is a good idea, its just going to lead to massive threat inflation which will increase dethreatin

I just mean as a temporary way to stop them as LO does it's thang. But yeah, it would be really bad over time, lol.

Just now, EvaPooh said:

I just mean as a temporary way to stop them as LO does it's thang. But yeah, it would be really bad over time, lol.

seeing the state of the engine upgrade we're looking at months still and threat inflation would start immediately, by the time we got the engine upgrade/phasing/matchmaking reworks the game would be an awful mess

well, more than it already is

1 minute ago, 404 said:

seeing the state of the engine upgrade we're looking at months still

Pls no.

Honestly tho, the beta was really smooth for me and I didn't crash at all. I know a few did, but I hope it doesn't take too much longer. Impatient, I know, but I'm just excited. Least their balancing those abominable missions!

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

No, you didn't:

I didn't even read a lick of what you said prior to that post (Cookie's post). I saw cookie was reminiscing about jumpshot scouts so I replied to him with a sarcastic comment because I really enjoyed jumpshots with the scout. I didn't mention your name or quote you. You shouldn't take comments on the forums as attacks when there is no reason for you to. You seem to think you're a victim like abduct said. When in actuality I was just saying what a good amount of people think over all about the game and the forums. There are alot of people who are unhappy with the direction of the game because things that are fun and not game breaking are being changed. There was no shot at you at all.

There is only one person on this forum that is going to get my pharagraph's undivided attention. They know who they are 🙂.

Edited by RespectThis

Just now, RespectThis said:

You shouldn't take comments on the forums as attacks when there is no reason for you to.

You guys keep claiming I took it personally, but what I'm saying you were "attacking" my position. "Attacking" sounds so silly btw, but that's literally what an argument is. Honestly, I still don't even know what Abduct was trying to goad me into thinking. Just seemed like he was sh!tposting, idk.

Regardless of how you meant it and that you didn't read the full thread before butting into our conversation, what you said directly conflicted to what I was talking to Cookie about, whether you realized it or not. That's on you, dude.

You guys keep claiming I took it personally, but what I'm saying you were "attacking" my position. "Attacking" sounds so silly btw, but that's literally what an argument is. Honestly, I still don't even know what Abduct was trying to goad me into thinking. Just seemed like he was sh!tposting, idk.

Regardless of how you meant it and that you didn't read the full thread before butting into our conversation, what you said directly conflicted to what I was talking to Cookie about, whether you realized it or not. That's on you, dude.

I haven't been talking here responding, but I was still reading. You're still hung up on me quoting you and saying that you misread what Respect said? Jeez man, this is what I meant by victim card. Everyone's "after" you, trying to "goad" you into things. Phew, that's a yikes from me dawg.

Phew, that's a yikes from me dawg.

I know you're still here. You're at the bottom of the page, goofball.

A yikers from ol' Abduct. Heck yeah, I'm rich!

You obviously took it personally if you said "the entire pharagraph is dedicated to sniping me...". Because you're under the impression I was attacking you. Let me remind you again you're commenting on a public forum. I'm allowed to comment on a post you know. I enjoyed jumpshotting with the scout. Clearly cookie did as well. That's enough for me to quote him and reply to him. There was no butting in at all. If you want to have a private convo with him take it to PM's? Just because I happened to say something that conflicted with your idea's doesn't mean I'm calling you out by name or anything along though lines. You're taking it upon yourself to make yourself fall under that category. Thats on you dude.

Sign in to follow this