Sign in to follow this  
bruh321312

why gold servers are exist in this game whats the point of it

3 hours ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

Witnessing also works there. BTW, there are also gold threat enforcers on trainee or bronze accounts.

Cause is the only activity for Enforcer after the absurd,stupid,gamekiller removing of P5N5 to hunt...
I prefer witness a 120apb$ and play than run in car waiting oppo for ages.

suggestion fast about threat: remove threat segregations in districts:

Pro: no dethreating around
best MM so a strong and official gold can go in both team 

p5 n5 will be more present and balanced. (too strong? donT worry to fight entire district and have just a death more with more benefit than damage)
Cons: everybody will fill all districts, no more free ram rainding maps.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, illgot said:

NA has maybe 100 people total during peak

Peak NA is still 200+ daily.

Still really bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

remove threat segregations in districts

Just thanks! 

Thats what i'm talking about since ages....

If LO would realise that segregation causes more problems and doesn't do anything good. @Sakebee @MattScott

It doesn't even "help" new or low skilled players cuz i also can make hundreds of new accounts to be able to play at all and to be able to play in bronce districts... 

Than i'll face the same players who think it's helping them in any way...

It just blocks me to play my main account.

We also had a vote about that and it was 52 vs 16 to remove segregation.

Edited by HighSociety

4 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Cause is the only activity for Enforcer after the absurd,stupid,gamekiller removing of P5N5 to hunt...
I prefer witness a 120apb$ and play than run in car waiting oppo for ages.

suggestion fast about threat: remove threat segregations in districts:

Pro: no dethreating around
best MM so a strong and official gold can go in both team 

p5 n5 will be more present and balanced. (too strong? donT worry to fight entire district and have just a death more with more benefit than damage)
Cons: everybody will fill all districts, no more free ram rainding maps.

I support that idea but keep the bronze and trainees in the trainee districts by default.  This should keep them away from higher skilled players and let them enjoy the game and build up their skill level.

• Like 1

Everyone saying just remove threat districts all together sure has a ton of faith in matchmaking that it won't do this 9 out of 10 times
26046d92ec.png
You know that's what it would be like, don't deny it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Everyone saying just remove threat districts all together sure has a ton of faith in matchmaking that it won't do this 9 out of 10 times
26046d92ec.png

I'm sure u had this match with segregation... so it wouldn't change anything... 

May i ask... How did u play this game from 2012 to the point where they added the segregation? 

I guess u just took it and played the game without crying hard as "gamers" do nowadays? 

Edited by HighSociety

13 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

I'm sure u had this match with segregation... so it wouldn't change anything... 

May i ask... How did u play this game from 2012 to the point where they added the segregation? 

I guess u just took it and played the game without crying hard as "gamers" do nowadays? 

It wouldn't change from this example I provided, but it would happen exponentially more often than it does currently because it would be have even more low threats to throw against gold premades. This game is hardly like it was in 2012, in more ways than having a fraction of the population. The game has been bleeding players for years, we need a much better solution than throwing everyone together with our current matchmaking; this game has an insane skill gap, the thought that people need to toughen up and just deal with unfair and subsequently unfun missions is not logical to me, because those people will continue to leave like they have been for the last 8 years and no one will be left, why stick to playing a game that's more rage than fun when they can go find something else

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Acornie said:

~snip~

for me and also others it always was the challengin part what made and makes APB fun...

If i get carried hard i'd leave a game even faster.

I simply don't like the new style of gaming where ppl don't want and don't need to get better or improove... thats boring af

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

for me and also others it always was the challengin part what made and makes APB fun...

I simply don't like the new style of gaming where ppl don't want and don't need to get better or improove... thats boring af

I'm with you. The whole point of playing a competitive game is to play competitively. Learning the mechanics and mastering them is part of the fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

7 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

I'm with you. The whole point of playing a competitive game is to play competitively. Learning the mechanics and mastering them is part of the fun.

Go ahead I guess. Maybe what APB needs isnt bronzies fighting dethreaters, it needs bronzies fighting the gold 10 crowd.  That should fix things.

I should add that was sarcasm, because there are people in the thread who wouldn't realize it.

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Go ahead I guess. Maybe what APB needs isnt bronzies fighting dethreaters, it needs bronzies fighting the gold 10 crowd.  That should fix things.

I should add that was sarcasm, because there are people in the thread who wouldn't realize it.

Yea if u know what APB needs just tell us...

Everyone knows the matchmaking and threat needs a rework yes.

I'm just asking myself how did i start, how can i still be here?

I just always was here...

I was here when CSG really was p2w (what is good to be gone!) 

I was here when scout jumpshooting was a thing (no problem bring it back i can take it)...

I was here when HVR quickswitching was a thing (also no problem i can take that too)...

I was here when i saw the "Gold 10 big guys" with the golden skull on the map (missing that one tbh)...

But yea maybe i got to agree...

Give the free2play gamers the feeling that threat segregation is a good thing, as we can't make new accounts and bash them with STAR. It's okay maybe that is what APB needs.

Sorry Cookie no offend but if u really think it helps to segregate the low playerbase anymore than i'd call it bullshoot 😉

good question. too bad you won't get a satisfying answer to it. we never have.

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

I was here when scout jumpshooting was a thing (no problem bring it back i can take it)...

#bringbackjumpscouting

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, illgot said:

If you can get into the trainee district, I think you can ram raid there without fear of being witnessed (I think it is turned off).

Create a new account, ram raid as a trainee at N5.  You'll make a lot more money than trying to ram raid in the gold district since you won't be disturbed, then you can just trade the money directly to your main character (even my years old laptop can run APB long enough to do a trade in social).

17 hours ago, illgot said:

Long long time ago you couldn't witness in the trainee districts.  Guess that's changed

16 hours ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

Yes, that changed sometime in mid 2013.

i think its worth pointing out that there is no "trainee"  district anymore, the little pop up that you get on fresh accounts (or new characters) asking about a tutorial district will put you into a normal district whether you select 'yes' or 'no'

13 hours ago, Acornie said:

26046d92ec.png

This happens Now.

Will be different if both faction have strongs available 

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

#bringbackjumpscouting

Piss off.

Jump scouting can die in a fire, along with HVRs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Piss off.

#toosoftforthisgame

5 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Piss off.

Lol... I dont see it ever coming back. Still fun to think about tho.

14 hours ago, 404 said:

i think its worth pointing out that there is no "trainee"  district anymore, the little pop up that you get on fresh accounts (or new characters) asking about a tutorial district will put you into a normal district whether you select 'yes' or 'no'

lol really?  That's kind of a rude intro to the game. 

Welcome to APB Reloaded, here you go, face some rank 255s with rocket launchers.  Enjoy!

Edited by illgot

27 minutes ago, illgot said:

lol really?  That's kind of a rude intro to the game. 

Welcome to APB Reloaded, here you go, face some rank 255s with rocket launchers.  Enjoy!

imo it was removed because trainees that had completed the tutorial district still had no idea how to actually change districts, so they were stuck in an empty district doing unopposed missions until they logged off and quit

and also probably because the tutorial district could be abused by ramraiders like you suggested earlier

On 7/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, CookiePuss said:

Lol... I dont see it ever coming back. Still fun to think about tho.

Whoa cookie wanting something fun in APB? You're in the wrong neighborhood my friend. Here on the APB forums we're about anti fun everythng. We only like our PMGs and Percs. No jumpshots of any kind (ntec or scouts). Weapon diversity? Nope. Shame on you for even having such an idea.

In regards to the OP, because there was a time when the game was populated enough that it made sense to have them. Now the game is so dead it requires you to go to the lower level districts. Along with other factors such as:

-Dethreaters

-How the game recommends servers in district select (if you have recommended selected. On by default.)

-What servers are full when people log on

Removing threat would get rid of the threat aspect of the game which is good and bad. Good because people wouldn't freak out when they saw gold players. Bad because people actually like having their rank displayed in games to show what they've achieved. Sure its not huge in APB but its still bragging rights to a degree. Adding penalties to districts wouldn't change a thing. People don't care about the reward reduction if they can actually play the game. Also shouldn't penalize people for wanting to play the game?

As I've said before and I know I'm already going to get bashed for it but, people need to man up actually fight people of their threat level. Dethreating ONLY hurts the game. People lose to people and instantly refuse to show up to mission or will sandbag to go down to districts to harass (not play against) newer players so they feel better about themselves. Its a pvp game and that alone makes it competitive whether you want to believe it or not. 

Once people stop dethreating maybe you'll see an increase in the gold servers and an increase in the game over all imo.

Edited by RespectThis

On 7/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, CookiePuss said:

#bringbackjumpscouting

Bring back and add movement mechanics*

11 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Here on the APB forums we're about anti fun everythng. We only like our PMGs and Percs. No jumpshots of any kind (ntec or scouts). Weapon diversity? Nope. Shame on you for even having such an idea.

Hahahahahahahaha... Lol what?

Facing 4 people jump scouting was actually not fun and was annoying. I have no idea what else you're blathering about.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Hahahahahahahaha... Lol what?

Facing 4 people jump scouting was actually not fun and was annoying. I have no idea what else you're blathering about.

I was being sarcastic towards Cookie. Since he can actually handle it and seems to have a pretty good understanding of where people stand in terms of likes and dislikes (actual dislikes not just baby rage). Because people on the forums and in game just whine whine whine about Ntec, Low Yields, Frag explosive range, etc etc.

Sorry that jumpshots with the scout was such an issue for you? But I think you're exaggerating how annoying it actually was. You have zero control once your feet leave the ground. All you as a player has to do is capitalize on that. Its not that difficult to do. You do "fancy yourself as a fairly strong player". 🙂

If you don't understand what I'm "blathering about" i'll simplify it for you. Dethreating reduces gold district pop. Golds go to silver district to find opposition. Gold districts are empty. The Gold servers serve no purpose because of dethreaters and lack of population in general. 

Edited by RespectThis

6 hours ago, RespectThis said:

If you don't understand what I'm "blathering about" i'll simplify it for you.

Gee, you really scolded those dethreaters into playing in their proper bracket, they'll listen for sure! You quoted my thread and sniped at me, so I'm going to presume you have the common courtesy to have actually read it, in which I explain why you verbally spanking their butts isn't going to solve it. You can't tell them to "man up" and have it happen; the game has no intrinsic value for playing-to-win other than satisfaction, which doesn't mean a whole lot if the cost of victory is a sweatband and a broken keyboard.

Removing visible threat is meaningless. It doesn't solve anything. The community is so small and the districts sizes are so limited that I know 90% of the people I play against, their play style, and how good they are. It won't take someone long to figure it out and more importantly, they're still going to hate themselves and the game when they go 0 - 12. They don't care what color of threat the guy or gal has that did it to them, all they know is that APB is garbage and uninstall it. I've gotten a few whispers already from people asking for advice and venting their frustration. Threat colours don't even play into it.

The issue wasn't complexity... It was the textual medium itself and you using it to try and convey nasty looking 'sarcasm' about something we were talking about between us out of nowhere. Then basically ranted about how people don't like having to try so hard to win in a PvP game with other players.

I don't care if you think I'm exaggerating, it was absolutely annoying - that's my view. I used to solo queue a lot (I have a few max level characters) and premades using scouts obliterated my random teams. Getting tagged as soon as we spawn and them being able to jump around a corner at 60m and do the damage that a scout does with such precision and mobility isn't good for the game. I had my jump scouting phase too, but it was removed for a reason. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad it's gone.

Sign in to follow this