Sakebee

8/1 Beta Bug Reports

Posted (edited)

Unsure if already posted, but, posting anyway.

so far have noticed several things.

1. Login no longer linked to Steam account
  2. BLOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM GO AWAY!!!!
  3. Chat buggery
  4. BOLD FONTS
  5. BAD advanced district selection
  6. too strict L|R split in Stereo audio (with or without High Quality Audio)

1: I spent 30 minutes waiting for servers to come online repeatedly clicking "Steam Login" every 5 minutes, then spent another 30 minutes going out for 10 minute at a time waiting for the server to come online... my first hour was spent waiting for something that could have easily been stated in the announcement in news.  "Steam Login" does not work, log in using your login and password.  I wouldn't have been so upset if i knew that starting out.  20 characters later in the password box and FINALLY i'm logged in.  Wish i knew this before hand... hint hint...

2: The biggest thing that bothers me currently is the incessant reliance on Bloom to even SEE the game at all.  The fact you have gone through and made an effort to brighten the game up with other sources has REALLY appealed to me a lot, however i can't help but wonder why the option for Bloom is even there if it doesn't do anything when you tick it on or off now.  I look forward to more Graphical features.

3: Currently in live, when you die and hit enter, you get to keep the cursor in the chat box and you can type your message and hit enter no worries.  For some reason in Beta, when you hit enter to chat after being killed, the cursor fucks off somewhere else and now you're opening up every hot keyed window, this wouldn't be an issue if it didn't make my FPS Shatner with every window opening like a dramatic scene in Star Trek TOS!!  This to me is severely game breaky, cuz if i can't get my few words of defeat out quickly before spawning in again, i'm not chatting in downtime during missions, which means i'm chatting while teammates could have me shooting with them, which makes me even worse of a person.  I'm already a ragey lil thorn in just about every high ping players side (not calling everyone cheaters) but if this happens and i need to take valuable active time to complete a line of chat, then that's trying to force me to be something else, and i can only be me.

4: Welcome to Social district, we have a wonderful selection of various services and resources available for you to customize your character.  Just look in the Inventory window and there you will see what you can...  Ok, so my point is, i only noticed this in Social, ALL THE FONT IS BOLD where it doesn't need to be bold, and NOT bold where it should be.  For instance, /FPS is hard to see because it has no background, and isn't bold, in Live it has a background, and isn't as skinny font (maybe bold too?)  The font we have already is fine, don't make it CRT friendly, if players are still playing on OLD CRT screens, then they need to upgrade to at least 720p and get out of 480 CRT (and possibly moms basement)  The only reason you use bold font, is to make a game (usually on console) CRT compatible.  Since this isn't a thing in today's era, this really needs to be sorted... this is something that shouldn't take more than an hour to choose a formal looking font like Times New Roman or Console to then make the entire game use.  I have no problems with that what so ever.  But styles should be left alone unless its something that needs it for visibility reasons like /FPS, or [System]:Messages.

5: One of the greatest things i praise APB for currently is its advanced district selection method, it is GREAT, i love the list, quick and easy details line by line, sort by enforcer population and if you click on a district it highlights and shows you with even greater accuracy the population!  This new pile... LITERALLY a pile of boxes with no way to organize by population, name, threat (please dear god remove threat entirely), i hate it.  I was impressed by the first display of districts to choose, but then noticed a cog wheel, oh no... looking around i see no advanced tab/button/icon... oh nooooo they didn't... i click.. NOO WHAT IS THEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yes that bad.  I would even go so far as to say, if you can, make it so after you pick your character you immediately dropped into social where FROM THERE you choose a district, which to me would make sense.  you get more flow through Social, and it would be a great place to stage a group before then clicking on the [Insert transportation object here] to then load into the district you choose, and without a dumb list of districts split by threat, you can just click and know that whatever district you going to, you'll be able to play and have opponents.  Just like the Anarchy districts that didn't have threat, good times.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying new players should have to face off against 10 year veterans like me... they should have their own based on time played, i think up to 48 hours should be enough time for them to get an idea of the gameplay before being fed feet first through the meat grinders.  BUT... this is a rant about the garbage "advanced" district select... did you guys even use it any?  if so, how is what you made any progress towards being better?  This is regression (degression?) in case you didn't know.

6: The audio isn't something i ever expect to have an issue, but here we are... what a surprise lmao.  I use GX-Gaming HS-G700V surround sound headset, sure its not true surround sound, but it does a really good job.  If you haven't heard of the headset before (unless you're from England, no surprise), i bought it cuz it had rumble packs in it which worked until dog got tangled in wire and panic ran off, taking headset with it, it still makes sound, but doesn't rumble, so i keep it.  Moving on... with the emulated surround on or off, the new "high quality audio" on or off, the effect is the same.  L and R are heavily restricted from each other... like the engine sound can only come from L or R, not both... there is no center.  That being said, i could forgive it, if it weren't also flipped backwards in some cases...  A picture is worth a thousand words, but how many words is gameplay worth?... OK... *cracks knuckles* lets do this...  Driving down a straight in Asylum, moving the camera around to view the scenery and suddenly i feel like something in me isn't quite right, i'm starting to get motion sickness... but how? why?  paying more attention to what is causing the internal distress, i discover my balance is being thrown off by the sounds... well that can't be right, right? investigating further reveals that the sounds are split nearly down the middle.  Pretense: imagine the camera is offset to the left by 30 to 45 degrees from the car.  We'll call front and back Y axis, X is left and Right, and Z is up and down... using your basic graphing from High School... front left is -X +Y any Z make sense? good, now, the sound happens just fine for any sound in that space, it is given to the Left side of the audio device. HOWEVER... +X -Y quadrant is reversed audio... almost as if the camera were turned around and looking that way, it puts the audio that way.  So, when you reverse and bump into a wall with the driver side of the bumper you hear it on passenger side.  This effect is especially obnoxious when looking at a 90 degree angle to the direction your car is rolling... all the sounds are a mixed jumble of L and R when all the effects are happening on the leading edge of your car's roll... say if you're rolling to the Right, though a majority of the sound is coming from the Left, and in my headset, sounds like its kinda behind me too.

I hope this is helpful to whoever needs it.  I can upload a video to my youtube if it'll help, but i'm more than certain you can recreate these effects on your own machines.

Edited by Nafryti
  • Thanks 1

Summary: Reproducable spawn select screen disappearing issue

Game Version: 8/1 2.1 Beta

Description: When you've died and are able to select spawns, hitting the home key to open chat causes the spawn selection screen to disappear altogether

Steps to Reproduce: Die in mission, allow the spawn select screen to completely load, hit the home key to open up chat while still dead.

Reproduceability: 100% so far

Results: It reliably causes the spawn select screen to disappear! To my surprise, as i've noticed ONCE (the only time i noticed it happen just as the live version of this issue happens) that it's different than the non-reproducable version that currently afflicts Live, as the small 'delay' where the spawn select screen is still loading seemed to force it to update and appear, instead of never appearing.

Expected Results: Just reliably open the complete chat window, just like what happens when alive.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

bug O-PGL 

Edited by Greiig
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Summary:  Main Menu bug.

Game Version: 8/1 2.1 Beta

Description: Brought up the menu when the Asylum district, it looked like this:

MlkYAaO.png

Steps to Reproduce: N/A. I'm sorry but I don't know what exactly triggered it. I was playing Asylum as normal for approx 30 minutes and it occurred when I brought up the Menu as normal by pressing ESC. It happened late in the test, so I didn't have time to try different combinations of key strokes etc. to reproduce.

Reproducability: N/A

Results: All menu options appear as "textField" and don't do anything when clicked. The exit game icon still worked.

Edited by MrChan
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Summary: spawning cars seem to fly 
(added note to this, i also wish they spin)

pc-spec:
27" 1920x1080 144hrz monitor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Oc
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-core Processor

note:
was having problems even keeping normal frame at 150fps  spiking to 20fps to 150fps 
but weirdly i was more stable on fps when i turn on Nvidia recorder stable 140fps to 150fps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: Display glitches with bigger screen at native res

Pc-Spec: my main rig 
55" 4k tv 60hrz 3840x2160
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER also Swapped the 2080 with the 1070ti  still same problem 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-core Processor

P.S: i hope this will provide some insight, and keep up the good work 
don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work you guys have done so far (cheers)

Summary: Seam in the cloud 
https://imgur.com/a87je7C
#flatclouds2020

Edited by demonshinta

There was something on the servers that created a consistent lag spike. Net code and ping felt fairly good overall, but there were recurring moments where there'd be a spike every other minute or so for a quarter or half a second, completely voiding all action, creating "hitches" and ruining engagements (character actions would be delayed/halted). It very much resembled the feeling of the good old garbage collection bug that was present in the game previously, but seemed to be server-based this time, since my teammates had the issue at the same time as I did.

On the first server I picked (20vs20) my framerate and performance was much better than during the last beta, but on the second (also 20vs20) the performance degraded back to unplayable as during the previous beta. I was actually able to play somewhat this time around until we switched server. There seems to be something about performance degrading with time and/or each server. My friends who switched together with me from server 1 to server 2 complained of similar performance degradation, but since my computer is the oldest, I suffered much more from the server change.

Posted (edited)

just can t login ...

tested with steam :::>error code 9

and password :::::::::::>error code 11004  (and yes ^^ i know my password)

okok...i missed some informations ... my bad

Edited by SK4LP

1 minute ago, SK4LP said:

just can t login ...

tested with steam :::>error code 9

and password :::::::::::>error code 11004  (and yes ^^ i know my password)

It was only a short window for the test, which has closed a fair few hours ago.

I should post an update of events... I was going to post it to my original post, but i felt this needed a new notification entirely.

I noticed a HUGE problem shortly after the Beta ended and i was playing around on live.... mainly, 2 HUGE issues that i cannot fathom how even happened.

1: In all the years playing APB i have NEVER had the "ran out of memory" but got the crash, "ran out of memory" i have 8GB gpu memory, and 32GB system, you wot m8??  Now it didn't dawn on me that this is a graphics related bug until reading someone writing about constant hitching that they speculated was due to the trash collection bug... which then leads me to...

2: How is it, that AFTER i play some epic FC Beta matches, go to Social Beta and basque in 80fps surrounded by hoards of players online, that i then go to LIVE and experience the same issues players say were in the Beta? could it be... there is a memory leak in the Beta client that lingered into my LIVE gameplay? could there be a VRAM leak?  I have not loaded into APB today yet to verify if it is still happening but these god awful spikes of 0fps for 1 second completely ruin the game for me when they only happen in firefights, but when a player spawns nearby kinda makes me feel like a cheater getting a 6th sense notification:

Lag: "hey, someones near"

Me: "Thanks lag, you were always there for me."

Lag: "I've written you a poem."

Me: ;O.O;

So yeah, i was less than thrilled having to deal with that AFTER the pleasantries of Beta's HUGE FPS gains, but then, maybe that's a burden in its own right, at least... to the hardware?  I guess the VRAM didn't get properly terminated?  is System Memory what was affected? I have no clue why it is the way it is.

However, i'm not saying i DIDN'T have this before Beta, though no where near as severe, i am saying it has gotten far worse after participation of Beta.  It would lock me up a few frames at 80fps before which looked like the player just happened to teleport out of my crosshairs right when i clicked to fire on them, but now its like pause was hit.

Logging in now, so fingers crossed it's not lingering, even if this issue is not recurring for me, i feel this needs a serious investigation.  These sorts of things going unchecked are what i expect from Autodesk, Intel, and Huawei.. not videogames.

Posted (edited)

1) I had a bunch of client crashes and I submitted the info from the popup.

2) Cant activate music player in Social.

3) No explanation needed see pic below.

AFA11A2D394B204CE508A809C302C6C26212EBB0

Edited by CAVEGRAFFITTl