Sakebee

Second Open Beta this Weekend

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

It is not like it is a brand new game either and the graphics still looks like 💩 even with the update. 

I haven't even seen a modern game that requires this AVX thing so why even use it especially when knowing the playerbase consist mostly veterans? I am totally going to buy a new PC just to be able to play APB with 20 fps.

On the bright side, I don't think it is coming officially anytime soon anyway. Not this year for sure.

What weird times we live in. From waiting for engine update to not wanting it at all. 

I just want more people to play against and fair matchmaking. I hope EU comes but I don’t believe in it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Do you offer refunds once when the new engine comes out? If this is what I was waiting for the past years, I am better without it.

Your refusal to upgrade your PC from the hardware of a decade ago isn't the fault of Little Orbit (or any other game dev/publisher). They owe you nothing, get out of here with that nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Your refusal to upgrade your PC from the hardware of a decade ago isn't the fault of Little Orbit (or any other game dev/publisher). They owe you nothing, get out of here with that nonsense.

Nice logic there. Tomorrow they might decide to add ray-tracing without option to disable it. Then what?  Are people supposed to get RTX card? Really first gen i7 ain't that bad for APB, if someone is just going to play that.

Lots of modern software utilizes AVX when available but DOESN'T ENFORCE IT.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Nice logic there. Tomorrow they might decide to add ray-tracing without option to disable it. Then what?  Are people supposed to get RTX card? Really first gen i7 ain't that bad for APB, if someone is just going to play that.

Lots of modern software utilizes AVX when available but DOESN'T ENFORCE IT.

RTX is something that was made available (not even in the full array of GPU's) in the last 2 years.

AVX has been on nearly every single CPU since 2011

I think there's quite a big difference there

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

RTX is something that was made available (not even in the full array of GPU's) in the last 2 years. AVX has been on nearly every single CPU since 2011. I think there's quite a big difference there

Shh, you can't just go bringing logic to the table like that. It might break their already over-stressed brain processing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

RTX is something that was made available (not even in the full array of GPU's) in the last 2 years.

AVX has been on nearly every single CPU since 2011

I think there's quite a big difference there

What? The thing is that you can turn RTX on and off. And even in 8 years when technology is matured you would still be able to turn toggle it.

Just a guess based on Steam's hardware stats and the clock speeds... probably 10% don't have avx .

APB doesn't need neither can afford  to lose 10% of the playerbase. Very lazy solution from LO. Can't think  of another game(let alone 10 years old game) that just drops AVX mandatory requirement on its players, even most consumer software takes advantage on it depending on your CPU. Sure in finances/big data that might not be the case but it's understandable. And like said earlier this could be completely useless depending no their migration approach.

16 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How to miss the point completely.

You have a game that not many people play and then you put accessibility restriction without having a good reason for it. 

May as well just shut the game down when we are on it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

How to miss the point completely.

You have a game that not many people play and then you put accessibility restriction without having a good reason for it. 

May as well just shut the game down when we are on it.

If you need to remain playable on ancient machines in order to survive, you've got bigger problems.

• Thanks 1

can someone please direct me to a link where I can download the beta? thx

4 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

can someone please direct me to a link where I can download the beta? thx

45 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

https://kevkof.be/betazip or https://kevkof.be/betazip2 

That's a download for a clean zipped copy of the most recent beta client patch

Or the link to the launcher: http://apb.patch.beta.gamersfirst.com/APB_Beta_Installerprogram

Edited by Kevkof
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SuperConker said:

Wasn't the beta supposed to be up by now? Can't log in.

45 minutes iirc

56 minutes ago, 404 said:

45 minutes iirc

Still not working for me, idk about anyone else.

Edited by EvaPooh
  • Like 1

Just now, EvaPooh said:

Still not working for me, idk about anyone else.

yeah i was just able to log in fine, altho i crashed within a few minutes

1 minute ago, 404 said:

yeah i was just able to log in fine, altho i crashed within a few minutes

That sucks.

I'm just getting: "Error Code 9: game may be down for maintenance blah, blah..."

It says servers are unavailable right now to me, error code 10007

Edited by VladIasi

@VladIasi @Leefekyn - I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the beta. Can you confirm for me that you have updated the client fully? If you have any other information, the more we have the better we can troubleshoot the issue.

I can play but the game wont run over 110 fps. no difference no matter settings or resolution
Getting massive fps drops every 3-4 s and i lose about 40 fps everytime i open the scoreboard.
Not sure if anything of this helps. but i felt like posting it anyways.
I5-8600k @ 5ghz
1060 6gb
2666 mhz 16g ram.

5 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

@VladIasi @Leefekyn - I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the beta. Can you confirm for me that you have updated the client fully? If you have any other information, the more we have the better we can troubleshoot the issue.

I have started the game with the launcher so it had to be updated. An hour ago it downloaded ~40 mbs of data. I used it during the previous Beta, when I also downloaded it. So, is there any chance that I've downloaded the wrong OTW? The installer was also downloaded from the forum. My internet works perfectly fine. Although, for some reason in the Log In Screen I can see the old graphics.

Edited by VladIasi

2 minutes ago, VladIasi said:

I have started the game with the launcher so it had to be updated. An hour ago it downloaded ~40 mbs of data. I used it during the previous Beta, when I also downloaded it. So, is there any chance that I've downloaded the wrong OTW? The installer was also downloaded from the forum. My internet works perfectly fine.

If you can manage it, our engineers recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the beta client. There is some kind of auth error that is preventing you from showing up in the beta database. Reinstalling would help rule out a client mismatch. 

• Like 1

I mean, its looks OKAY.  Its not game changing or game  breaking.  I dont feel this is going to save the game at all.  Same game with some makeup on.  meh.  

I was max settings 100fps no  hitching or lag.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

32 gig dd3r3 2400 ram

OS is on SSD, game installed and launched on SSD

Edited by Shimmer

after 50 minutes of gameplay;

pros:

+looks much better.

+detailed options menu in-game.

+hit registration is on point.

+time cycles are a sweet touch.

+movements are much more responsive.

+tracers!!!!

cons:

-low performance at this point. the live game runs much better for me. needs tons more optimization obviously.

-lots of bugs in the game menus. can barely change any options and some options don't affect the game after changing.

-low component utilization at around 50% cpu and 30% gpu.

-runs very glitchy and stuttery.

-for some reason I couldn't disable vsync in fullscreen mode but it got disabled when I switched to windowed mode.

-no borderless windowed option.

my specs:

i7 9700k

rtx 2070 super gaming 8gb

16gb ddr4 ram

game installed on hdd, os running on ssd.

2 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

after 50 minutes of gameplay;

pros:

+looks much better.

+detailed options menu in-game.

+hit registration is on point.

+time cycles are a sweet touch.

+movements are much more responsive.

+tracers!!!!

cons:

-low performance at this point. the live game runs much better for me. needs tons more optimization obviously.

-lots of bugs in the game menus. can barely change any options and some options don't affect the game after changing.

-low component utilization at around 50% cpu and 30% gpu.

-runs very glitchy and stuttery.

-for some reason I couldn't disable vsync in fullscreen mode but it got disabled when I switched to windowed mode.

-no borderless windowed option.

my specs:

i7 9700k

rtx 2070 super gaming 8gb

16gb ddr4 ram

game installed on hdd, os running on ssd.

You would have less performance issues if you installed and ran the game on the SSD.

Edited by Shimmer