Sakebee

Second Open Beta this Weekend

2 minutes ago, yJung said:

Could Open Beta testers get a title tho.. for swagness

So people would just join to get the title and then never actually test/post feedback... Yea I'll skip on that one 

• Like 2

i can bring the plates and cups

yeah ill be that guy

hope east/west servers are stable by Saturday.

can you imagine "a lot" of players trying the new engine while teleporting/spiking around the map due to increased latency??

Contacting Login Server . . .

Retriving Characters . . .

Retrieving characters is taking longer than normal.

You have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly.

The game may be down for maintenance, please check the APB forums for more details.

Can we get an Armas Sale? Maybe 50% discount on all to celebrate the second test? 😉

9 minutes ago, AlishaHutt said:

Contacting Login Server . . .

Retriving Characters . . .

Retrieving characters is taking longer than normal.

You have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly.

The game may be down for maintenance, please check the APB forums for more details.

Is it the first of August? 

No, so that makes perfect sense to not work

i hope that this time i can log in

last time i loged in after 2 hours i uninstalled the beta

and the day after i didn't even felt like playing apb anymore from the demotivation of the test day.

i hope this time i wil get more motivated again in apb. and not leave the game for a good 3-4 weeks

Another stress test, nice. Hit me up when the actual open beta starts.

If anyone wants to cry about it being a stress test, don't bother trying to log in and leave it to people who actually want to get in and give grown up feedback.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrChan said:

If anyone wants to cry about it being a stress test, don't bother trying to log in and leave it to people who actually want to get in and give grown up feedback.

What feedback are you going to give from a few hours of testing that the SPCT didn't already give in months? Think for a second.

• Like 1

Just now, swft said:

What feedback are you going to give from a few hours of testing that the SPCT didn't already give in months? Think for a second.

Wait, so you're telling me that no more bugs or issues will crop up opening up the Beta to more players than are available for SPCT? Sure why does anyone bother with an Open Beta then? Just go straight to release from Closed Beta. Shouldn't be any problems, clearly.

Think for more than a second.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Wait, so you're telling me that no more bugs or issues will crop up opening up the Beta to more players than are available for SPCT? Sure why does anyone bother with an Open Beta then? Just go straight to release from Closed Beta. Shouldn't be any problems, clearly.

Think for more than a second.

No, buddy, I'm just saying it's literally a stress test. There's no such thing as an open beta that only lasts a few hours. You won't find that many bugs that aren't related to stress testing that the SPCT didn't already report. Sure, it's still a valid testing method but my point still stands, hit me up once I can properly play the game for more than a few hours.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, swft said:

No, buddy, I'm just saying it's literally a stress test. There's no such thing as an open beta that only lasts a few hours. You won't find that many bugs that aren't related to stress testing that the SPCT didn't already report. Sure, it's still a valid testing method but my point still stands, hit me up once I can properly play the game for more than a few hours.

Facts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you don't want to take part in the beta you don't have to.

For those that do, Its going to be fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

nice, hopefully it goes smoothly

won't be joining though, it'll be like 2 am here in asia

What is the point of any of these betas, when all we are playing in is a boring unfinished Asylum map?

Its almost 2021 and the engine upgrade still hasn't shown up yet, not only that, Xbox console has the engine upgrade for the two main districts, why not the PC?

Release the beta with the two main districts already. 

• Like 1

Alright. I give it a chance.

Although this time if you guys really don't feel ready, don't fire it up - you saw what happened last time.

Less disappointment that way than firing it up and crashing and burning.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

Do you offer refunds once when the new engine comes out?

If this is what I was waiting for the past years, I am better without it.

DcKxSQp.jpg

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 2

yup ill run it on my potato tomorrow still have it installed from previous beta anyway

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Do you offer refunds once when the new engine comes out?

If this is what I was waiting for the past years, I am better without it.

DcKxSQp.jpg

Almost as if I didn't say some people won't be pleased when they find out they can't play because AVX or game MAY* run even worse because AVX-SSE transition penalties.  Although from what I've seen performance is definitely not impressive considering the high end hardware it was tested on. And mind you, this was only Asylum. It's yet to be seen on full 40/40 action district.

Congratulations I guess.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/avoiding-avx-sse-transition-penalties.html

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sayori said:

Almost as if I didn't say some people won't be pleased when they find out they can't play because AVX or game MAY* run even worse because AVX-SSE transition penalties.  Although from what I've seen performance is definitely not impressive considering the high end hardware it was tested on. And mind you, this was only Asylum. It's yet to be seen on full 40/40 action district.

Congratulations I guess.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/avoiding-avx-sse-transition-penalties.html

It is not like it is a brand new game either and the graphics still looks like 💩 even with the update. 

I haven't even seen a modern game that requires this AVX thing so why even use it especially when knowing the playerbase consist mostly veterans? I am totally going to buy a new PC just to be able to play APB with 20 fps.

On the bright side, I don't think it is coming officially anytime soon anyway. Not this year for sure.

What weird times we live in. From waiting for engine update to not wanting it at all.