R3ACT3M

Give me only 1 thing

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

Let me play my NA account on EU and let EU accounts play on NA... just open up all the servers and let people from all around the world join whatever server they want. I know this is going to be a thing in the future, just wish it was already a thing since NA server is really dead.

Thats called phasing

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Thats called phasing

That's not what phasing is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Thats called phasing

That's not phasing, that's connecting to regional servers or cross-regional matchmaking.

Phasing or instancing is when a zone/district/map/etc. has different "shards" or "layers" to it that players are divided up into depending on desire.

This is a technique commonly employed by MMOs.

For example, the Financial-NA West 2 server could have 200 players on it, but with phasing it might only render 40 of them per shard, but still be able to maximize matchmaking accuracy by still allowing you to draw opponents from the entire 200 player population. When matched, it would then put you and your opponents into the same shard or layer.

Or another example, Financial-NA West 2's city could look as it does today by default, but maybe the devs want the city to look grungy or war-torn for max level players or those who reach certain milestones in the story and so they use a modified shard for those players. This could allow immersive changes without compromising the experience of everyone else who isn't on the same page or progression in the story.

But yeah, sorry if I over explained it, that's the general gist of it.

Edited by EvaPooh

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's not what phasing is.

8 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

That's not phasing, that's connecting to regional servers or cross-regional matchmaking.

Phasing or instancing is when a zone/district/map/etc. has different "shards" or "layers" to it that players are divided up into depending on desire.

This is a technique commonly employed by MMOs.

For example, the Financial-NA West 2 server could have 200 players on it, but with phasing it might only render 40 of them per shard, but still be able to maximize matchmaking accuracy by still allowing you to draw opponents from the entire 200 player population. When matched, it would then put you and your opponents into the same shard or layer.

Or another example, Financial-NA West 2's city could look as it does today by default, but maybe the devs want the city to look grungy or war-torn for max level players or those who reach certain milestones in the story and so they use a modified shard for those players. This could allow immersive changes without compromising the experience of everyone else who isn't on the same page or progression in the story.

But yeah, sorry if I over explained it, that's the general gist of it.

with ping phasing allows matchmaking through districts , and Matt Scott said before he has intentions of seeing about servers as well with ping allowing ( one of the  Q&A )

So yeah if it goes as well as hoped for , then it is.

17 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

with ping phasing allows matchmaking through districts , and Matt Scott said before he has intentions of seeing about servers as well with ping allowing ( one of the  Q&A )

He was asking for character to be playable on EU/NA like the current server setup. Not proper phasing.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

He was asking for character to be playable on EU/NA like the current server setup. Not proper phasing.

ph so im remembering wrong? if thats the case  never mind then

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

what is ping phase

Sell the IP to a capable company who will build this game from scratch into what it suppose to be 10 years ago. I bet I will read APB engine ports even when I will be on my death bed in elder days and maybe even the future generations will see the same thing. If we will still have a planet to live on, that is.

1 hour ago, hm3000 said:

Sell the IP to a capable company who will build this game from scratch into what it suppose to be 10 years ago. I bet I will read APB engine ports even when I will be on my death bed in elder days and maybe even the future generations will see the same thing. If we will still have a planet to live on, that is.

They already sold the IP.

32 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

They already sold the IP.

Yup, and to some Chinese company that's going to butcher it into yet another shitty mobile garbage fire. APB literally has no future thanks to that.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Yup, and to some Chinese company that's going to butcher it into yet another shitty mobile garbage fire. APB literally has no future thanks to that.

I for one am looking forward to the APB contact gacha dating game on mobile filled with loot boxes. 🙂

Gimme a leash I can put on my clan member so they can't go farther than 100m away from me

4 hours ago, Sophiel said:

Gimme a leash I can put on my clan member so they can't go farther than 100m away from me

Sounds like you need more clan members!

I hope you have an invite thread lurking around! 😆

EDIT: Oh you do have one! Well, find me a solution to the problem here and I might join!

Edited by Saxtus