florian325

1 year later account still Trade-locked for no reason

It's been nearly a year since my main account: HenkTheTank/Rambi got trade-locked.

After a couple of months of waiting on the response on my support ticket Gamersfirst/LO claims there is an open payment on my account.

I offer to pay whatever amount is open, but they say they can't do that and refer me to Steam cause according to them it's in Steam's system.

I contact Steam and Steam officially explains they don't even have access to these databases of Gamersfirst/LO and after some research from them they explain no open payment of any sorts or and kind of account limitation is applicable on my account.

I refer this back to Gamersfirst/LO and they point back to Steam, this goes on for a few months.

In the end I'm even in contact with the had of support from LO but nevertheless nothing happened.

NOW NEARLY 1 YEAR LATER: my account is still trade-locked for no explainable reason, I am unable to play the game properly with limitations setup for no reason.

Anything I can do besides suing? It's been a year and I'm beyond waiting...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, florian325 said:

Anything I can do besides suing?

lmao

20 minutes ago, 404 said:

lmao

dude don't laugh, litigation is a serious process.

would this be the first time g1/LO has been sued?

41 minutes ago, florian325 said:

my account is still trade-locked for no explainable reason

It sounds like the reason is an open payment.
LO can't help with whatever Steam told you.

At least you can still play.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It sounds like the reason is an open payment.
LO can't help with whatever Steam told you.

At least you can still play.

True I can and am still playing.

Steam explained they do not have any access to payment servers or such databases from Gamersfirst/LO.

I already offered both parties to pay whatever the amount is... but "that was not possible"

14 minutes ago, florian325 said:

I already offered both parties to pay whatever the amount is... but "that was not possible"

that's so weird

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

that's so weird

You understand my frustration... Especially after nearly 1 year of this going on...

Edited by florian325
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, florian325 said:

You understand my frustration... Especially after nearly 1 year of this going on...

I don't think you should sue. It's not worth it.

We can't really help you, but I hope LO sees it and tries to fix it. I'm just thankful you can still play the game at least.

How does a trade lock work? Can you send mail? Buy/sell auctions? Is it just the trading between players that's disabled? I've never really asked or had it happen to me. 😮

My friend and I were also banned from trading. I counted at least 7 people. Hope they fix this problem as soon as possible.

13 hours ago, JellyBOY said:

My friend and I were also banned from trading. I counted at least 7 people. Hope they fix this problem as soon as possible.

What did you do?
Before this thread the only person I knew that had a permanent trade lock is a remarkably  toxic friend of mine. (so it came as no surprise).

Edited by CookiePuss

22 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

How does a trade lock work?
Can you send mail?
Buy/sell auctions? Is it just the trading between players that's disabled?
I've never really asked or had it happen to me. 😮

I can send e-mails, but no attachments.

I can not buy/sell auctions nor can I do trading with other players.

I can only receive e-mails with attachments.

Meaning there is no trading possible of any sorts so I can not buy anything from the Marketplace either.

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What did you do?
Before this thread the only person I knew that had a permanent trade lock is a remarkably  toxic friend of mine. (so it came as no surprise).

I haven't done anything, which makes this trade-lock infuriating. According to LO there has been a payment on my APB-account that was cancelled but never paid (they are very vague about this part).

I do not know about any payment like this, nevertheless after three months of back and forth I even offered to pay whatever amount is open. As I have spent over 2000 euros on my APB account I like to keep it...

They then referred me back to Steam multiple times, even the head of customer support from Steam confirmed that there is no such lock on my Steam account. However if there is such a lock or open payment on my APB-account it is the responsibility of LO not Steam. Infact Steam explains they don't even have access to these payment databases of LO so they can't fix it even if they wanted to as it is part of LO.

I have sent this reply back to LO, they referred me back to Steam....

Unfortunately I am not allowed (forum rules) to post any of the Support tickets here, otherwise I would already. (I tried, not knowing this and got an official warning, I don't want to test the rules again).

Edited by florian325

13 minutes ago, florian325 said:

~snip~

What about the other people you mentioned? (just curious)

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What about the other people you mentioned? (just curious)

"The help request you are trying to view is no longer accessible because it was closed more than 60 days ago."

I will make a new Steam Support right now to let them reconfirm of what they said before.

Just now, florian325 said:

"The help request you are trying to view is no longer accessible because it was closed more than 60 days ago."

I will make a new Steam Support right now to let them reconfirm of what they said before.

I wish you luck.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:01 PM, CookiePuss said:

What did you do?

We are players in the Asian region, we want to get lower ping to use VPN.
When we use VPN, we are banned from trading.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:05 AM, florian325 said:

I can send e-mails, but no attachments.

I can not buy/sell auctions nor can I do trading with other players.

I can only receive e-mails with attachments.

Meaning there is no trading possible of any sorts so I can not buy anything from the Marketplace either.

I haven't done anything, which makes this trade-lock infuriating. According to LO there has been a payment on my APB-account that was cancelled but never paid (they are very vague about this part).

I do not know about any payment like this, nevertheless after three months of back and forth I even offered to pay whatever amount is open. As I have spent over 2000 euros on my APB account I like to keep it...

(I tried, not knowing this and got an official warning, I don't want to test the rules again).

That's really lame. I bet they f***ed something up and are too incompetent to figure it out or fix it themselves.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, CookiePuss said:

I wish you luck.

Hereby the response of Steam, updated and well today at 29 July 2020 Steam states the following:

Hey, 

Unfortunately we are unable to provide access to tickets that are no longer listed within the Help request section of your account. That said, I was able to see that you had previously mentioned the games team stated that your account was trade locked for being IP associated with another account that had a reversal. Unfortunately we are unable to see what account that might be. Since this game uses a separate system that we have no access to, that information is not something we can see. 

At this time I can only confirm that we do not have any types of blocks on your Steam Account. There is also no record of any reversal of a payment on your Steam account or of a possible dispute of having occurred. 

If your in-game account is restricted for being associated by IP to another account that had a reversal, only the games support team would be able to determine what account that might have been. 

Hopefully this information helps confirm that there is nothing on your Steam account that should have triggered any such ban within your APB reloaded account.

Steam Support
Nick

Sounds like a pretty typical case of account selling to me, in which case you deserve a ban rather than a trade lock.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Sounds like a pretty typical case of account selling to me, in which case you deserve a ban rather than a trade lock.

I'm not sure we're reading the same thing here, where can you read that there was account selling going on?

I've been an APB player since the Beta of APB from RTW back in 2011, never have I put my account up for auction, cheated or used profanity of sorts.

Not sure where you got that information from since LO and Steam themselves (as can be read above) stated nothing has been done with my account.

Tradelock has been removed for unknown reason, no official statement has been made.

Thread/topic can be locked/closed.

Thank you