Linker

As a OBT player who came back after 5 years of not touching APB

I'm sorry, Little Orbit, but you probably made the worst investment in your company's life so far.

The core problems of this game (that, in the beginning made me love it, but now I can't simply stand it) are still here. Threat segregation for NA/SA players is ridiculous at this point in time. I can't play whenever I want, wether with friends or solo, because there are simply no people playing the game at all in gold servers. Threat, to begin with, shouldn't exist considering how low the population is at the moment. I know most problems were not caused by you, but you still did inherit them, and the ones who could still prossibly play this game have been waiting for almost 10 years with no content addition whatsoever.

I've managed to play a single mission in a Financial district after some hours trying, and that was it. I was done with the game again (for maybe 2 years or so or until the engine upgrade finally comes).

I've sink more than 10k hours on this game, I've been one of those who were banned to Hoplon (when G1 sold the publishing rights to a brazilian company for SA players), that after then came back and I, after years without touching it, I'm really sad to see the game is, pretty much, the same it was back when I left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Not even CBT. XXXXXDDDD

I was some months late, I guess? Haha.

But I remember you, for example. We were part of Sovereign together, me, you, Tiberious and a lot more old people I don't remember really well. We were fellow Colbians. I remember you and your Blue/Pink outfit. 🙂

Edited by Linker

There is still hard to believe in APB's success, but... nobody believed in PUBG as well. Less points for APB is it already 10 years old. But nothing is impossible...

Welcome back anyway, you may stay and see how it dies/arises. Choice is on you.

2 hours ago, Linker said:

I'm really sad to see the game is, pretty much, the same it was back when I left.

You expected APB to finally change? This game's foundation as a whole has become a case study in the industry, a cautionary tale for many.

Thinking that this glorified abandonware changed was naive.

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Not even CBT. XXXXXDDDD

Well I barely catched into OBT bracket so...

Nothing wrong with not being RTW/CBT/OBT Veteran. This game got such bad and small marketing that it just reached my eyes on OBT when some Youtuber I watched at the time played it.

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Well I barely catched into OBT bracket so...

Nothing wrong with not being RTW/CBT/OBT Veteran. This game got such bad and small marketing that it just reached my eyes on OBT when some Youtuber I watched at the time played it.

Without CBT title it means you're lesser.

• Thanks 2

If you are gold you should play on silver district.

That's how it works nowadays.

OG Acct flex 💪

Some games have scaling to boost nooby players.  I remember farming kills prior to the segregated districts.  Should add it back and offer some sort of buff to players with absurd amount of losses.  Maybe move them faster or more dmg per shot, buffed weapon gifted in mailbox. Something.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:36 AM, Gothina said:

If you are gold you have to play on silver district.

That's how it works nowadays.

Fixed. Been this way long time now.

For CBT topic people need to realize the game was only CBT back in 2009 before it's release which was in 2010 in a awful state even tho EA called it a product which soon failed rightfully so then after that till this day the game is in a state of OBT = Open Beta. Since the game is unfinished and barely anything was worked on and brought to the state that it can be called a finished product. Adding clothing items and a car kit or two isn't considered a improvement. So don't get confused with that too. And for those who wonder how did this game survive. Well there are tons of kids with parents credit cards that spent thousands of euros or dollars in this game. Some of them don't even play the damn thing just support it to keep it alive in hope something happens. And so far the only actual movement of making this game relevant again was made with Little Orbit. And seeing their other games I believe APB is their only remaining profitable project. I still say like I said back in 2010 this game should've sold as a IP and then someone who actually can make games should've made it from scratch in a different and better game engine. These 10 years just proved my point. Making the game look a bit fancier with better lighting and slitghly higher rendering wont make this game anything called a finished product. To be honest seeing these engine ports etc as impressive as they are after all they still look like the game from 2009 until they nerfed it for performance reasons. Granted even back then I doubt anyone could run this on 1080p like today but maxed on 720p at best or some square resoultions. Since back then widescreen was still a luxury for most people.

I still give it a chance and few others I know after a full port but I don't really see it holding the flame for too long. New generations will like it since they wont know any better and it's "free to play" so it always have a certain number of following.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:31 PM, Linker said:

I'm sorry, Little Orbit, but you probably made the worst investment in your company's life so far.

The core problems of this game (that, in the beginning made me love it, but now I can't simply stand it) are still here. Threat segregation for NA/SA players is ridiculous at this point in time. I can't play whenever I want, wether with friends or solo, because there are simply no people playing the game at all in gold servers. Threat, to begin with, shouldn't exist considering how low the population is at the moment. I know most problems were not caused by you, but you still did inherit them, and the ones who could still prossibly play this game have been waiting for almost 10 years with no content addition whatsoever.

I've managed to play a single mission in a Financial district after some hours trying, and that was it. I was done with the game again (for maybe 2 years or so or until the engine upgrade finally comes).

I've sink more than 10k hours on this game, I've been one of those who were banned to Hoplon (when G1 sold the publishing rights to a brazilian company for SA players), that after then came back and I, after years without touching it, I'm really sad to see the game is, pretty much, the same it was back when I left.

Linker, my old friend, nice to see you were still lurking around somehow. Thought you were gone from this community =/

Ainda estou esperando também alguma mudança, infelizmente esse jogo vai seguir em desenvolvimento pro resto da eternidade. Arrumam um bug no desenvolvimento, criam mais 10 pra arrumar. It's a rabbit hole. Vê se não some hein!!

On 7/26/2020 at 5:34 AM, Nasty said:

Some games have scaling to boost nooby players.  I remember farming kills prior to the segregated districts.  Should add it back and offer some sort of buff to players with absurd amount of losses.  Maybe move them faster or more dmg per shot, buffed weapon gifted in mailbox. Something.

No.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:01 AM, hm3000 said:

Well there are tons of kids with parents credit cards that spent thousands of euros or dollars in this game.

literally APB's community.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 3

On 7/23/2020 at 5:31 AM, Linker said:

As a OBT player who came back after 5 years of not touching APB

You, my friend, after all these years, have unique chance to take part in APB's OBT once more!

On 7/26/2020 at 10:30 AM, Poperon said:

Linker, my old friend, nice to see you were still lurking around somehow. Thought you were gone from this community =/

Ainda estou esperando também alguma mudança, infelizmente esse jogo vai seguir em desenvolvimento pro resto da eternidade. Arrumam um bug no desenvolvimento, criam mais 10 pra arrumar. It's a rabbit hole. Vê se não some hein!!

Wooooooooooooooa, you're still alive? Nice to see you around aswell, man!

Yeah, I doubt I'll come back for the next two years, but still nice to see some old faces around. ❤️

• Thanks 1

I don't think anyone looking at an abandoned video game that cost over 100 million to produce is going to have an easy time sifting through the code and getting it to work properly. The amount of knotted spaghetti in that codebase, I don't even want to know. I admire LO for at least trying, but I am not optimistic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Decimator714 said:

I don't think anyone looking at an abandoned video game that cost over 100 million to produce is going to have an easy time sifting through the code and getting it to work properly. The amount of knotted spaghetti in that codebase, I don't even want to know. I admire LO for at least trying, but I am not optimistic. 

Got some news for you. APB wasn't 100 mil. That 100mil was for RTW of which were working on roughly 4 projects.

They burned so many money on this project back in a day no one knows the specific ammount. 100 mil was only a budget from EA next to that few investors gave them more money and even had a public donation pools from all over before kickstarter was even a thing. All that money burned and maybe ended in wrong person's pocket. This whole game project was a burner from the very start. I mean look at the story of the game and how much was written in it and what was written. Whoever came up with all this when you read in between the lines indirectly same corruption was present in the actual game project. Everything speaks to me crook that just took the money and ran and we are left with a game that is not even 10% of it's original concept. Later people just took whatever they could of this mess and kept it alive. Seems like LO is the only bright future for APB. I still do believe this game was suppose to be built again from ground up instead of messing with the core of it which is insanely outdated and pretty much crap I dont say for today's standards but even when it came out.

I love the effort some people want to make this game good as possible but equally would like to see it in it's full potential. I do wish I have the funds and ability to take this game under my wing and make it what is suppose to be but sadly I am not a game dev nor a company nor really took a life path of the same nor willing to change in that direction. I do have an complete understanding in the matter but fail to see myself in it as is but still find it questinably odd how no one else could manage this, the obvious things.