Sign in to follow this  
wHisHi

Short range weapon choice

VAS C2 Entente

VAS C2 Trouble Maker

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

Please share your opinion, which weapon is most usable and worth getting? Thank you.

Blowtorch.

Don't be a fuzzy bunny.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

I'd normally choose the Whisper, however the Trouble Maker is quite strong as well. I'd suggest trialling them if you can to get a feel for their playstyle and in what situations they're weak/strong.

• Like 1

----------------

VAS C2 Entente

----------------

This weapon has the potential to guarantee victories up close. It kills almost as fast as the nfas. JGs and PMGs won't stand a chance against you in a hug-distance fight. Its Extended Magazine 3 is a double edged sword however.. It gives a magazine capacity of 41 rounds. Since the weapon requires 7 shots to kill, that's enough to kill 5 players comfortably without reloading once (5.85, but rounding always goes down in this case). You have the potential to wipe an entire team, but its horrible reload time of 3.84 seconds can also guarantee your death if you don't have a reliable cover or secondary ready. The weapon is also sub-par at longer ranges, so you should only use it when going for generally close fights. To visualize, when marksmanned at full-fire, the Entente is 7% more accurate than a stock-STAR at full fire OUTSIDE marksman, this can help you decide if its accuracy is good enough for your current mission area or if you'll like to have the weapon in your collection.

-----------------------

VAS C2 Trouble Maker

-----------------------

Think of this as an Entente that is better at slightly longer ranges than pre-hugging distance. It is 20% more accurate than a marksman-aimed stock-STAR at full-fire. It still kills at a respectable 0.63 seconds and isn't pulled down by Extended Mag 3's reload time. In most situations (or if you don't change weapons often), this variant is more reliable than the Entente.

------------------------

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

------------------------

Don't consider this. It equips just as fast as the Trouble Maker, kills incredibly slower and is far less accurate. Easily the worst option out of the three as it has nothing going for it nor a strong point to be incorporated in any meaningful play-style.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wHisHi said:

VAS C2 Entente

VAS C2 Trouble Maker

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

Please share your opinion, which weapon is most usable and worth getting? Thank you.

The first one, I would just say no. Entente is not that great.

Trouble Maker - Very efficient weapon, requires a bit more precision and aim than a regular OCA Whisper. It has decent jumpshot accuracy. Can also kinda "tap" the weapon upto 25-35 meter range and get some good damage in.

You use this weapon more or less like a mix of "Manic" and "ATAC".

OCA Whisper PR1 - Probably one of the easiest weapons to use right now. It has barely any recoil, the spread is good on it. It's also worth to mention that this gun has a crouch modifier which makes it quite accurate while crouched. On top of all this, the gun has a 50m effective range. You could get some "long range" kills or just "tag" someone up on range.

Personally I enjoy the Trouble Maker alot more.

Edited by ExoticZ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LilyRain said:

----------------

VAS C2 Entente

----------------

This weapon has the potential to guarantee victories up close. It kills almost as fast as the nfas. JGs and PMGs won't stand a change against you in a hug-distance fight. Its Extended Magazine 3 is a double edged sword however.. It gives a magazine capacity of 41 rounds. Since the weapon requires 7 shots to kill, that's enough to kill 5 players comfortably without reloading once (5.85, but rounding always goes down in this case). You have the potential to wipe an entire team, but its horrible reload time of 3.84 seconds can also guarantee your death if you don't have a reliable cover or secondary ready. The weapon is also sub-par at longer ranges, so you should only use it when going for generally close fights. To visualize, when marksmanned at full-fire, the Entente is 7% more accurate than a stock-STAR at full fire OUTSIDE marksman, this can help you decide if its accuracy is good enough for your current mission area or if you'll like to have the weapon in your collection.

-----------------------

VAS C2 Trouble Maker

-----------------------

Think of this as an Entente that is better at slightly longer ranges than pre-hugging distance. It is 20% more accurate than a marksman-aimed stock-STAR at full-fire. It still kills at a respectable 0.63 seconds and isn't pulled down by Extended Mag 3's reload time. In most situations (or if you don't change weapons often), this variant is more reliable than the Entente.

------------------------

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

------------------------

Don't consider this. It equips just as fast as the Trouble Maker, kills incredibly slower and is far less accurate. Easily the worst option out of the three as it has nothing going for it nor a strong point to be incorporated in any meaningful play-style.

Thank you, good information to consider.

2 hours ago, ExoticZ said:

The first one, I would just say no. Entente is not that great.

Trouble Maker - Very efficient weapon, requires a bit more precision and aim than a regular OCA Whisper. It has decent jumpshot accuracy. Can also kinda "tap" the weapon upto 25-35 meter range and get some good damage in.

You use this weapon more or less like a mix of "Manic" and "ATAC".

OCA Whisper PR1 - Probably one of the easiest weapons to use right now. It has barely any recoil, the spread is good on it. It's also worth to mention that this gun has a crouch modifier which makes it quite accurate while crouched. On top of all this, the gun has a 50m effective range. You could get some "long range" kills or just "tag" someone up on range.

Personally I enjoy the Trouble Maker alot more.

Thanks, didn’t know about that crouch modifier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LilyRain said:

------------------------

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

------------------------

You completely ignored the fact that both guns have completely different playstyles

VAS C2 while okay in hip fire, is meant to be aimed

OCA, is accurate in hip fire (more than C2's hip fire), and the spread will be more consistent in full auto, note that it also has higher range, so even if someone is far but low health, you can spray him and hit the bullets and deal full damage up to 50M.

OCA will give you much more mobility compared to C2 knowing that you don't have to be into marksman to use it to it's fullest potential.

Edited by Ketog

My Favorite is the C2 Entent too.

Mobility sling + hunting sight + shoting speed = awesome.

But you need to make more single shots, same like with an assault rifle.

If the C2 becomes 3 open slot its better.

But the "Maniac" looks like good too!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ketog said:

You completely ignored the fact that both guns have completely different playstyles

VAS C2 while okay in hip fire, is meant to be aimed

OCA, is accurate in hip fire (more than C2's hip fire), and the spread will be more consistent in full auto, note that it also has higher range, so even if someone is far but low health, you can spray him and hit the bullets and deal full damage up to 50M.

OCA will give you much more mobility compared to C2 knowing that you don't have to be into marksman to use it to it's fullest potential.

- Where did I say VAS C2 is best used from the hip? It can be inferred that my highest recommendation to invest in out of the three weapons was the Trouble Maker, which comes with Hunting Sight 3.. I don't see why you have made such an assumption..

- I won't advise getting the OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1 simply because it is a bad investment. It is an OCA with only 1 mod that can not be changed. PR1's mod only offers a reduction in recoil, which isn't even a problem in the OCA to begin with (recoil != accuracy in APB), plus a 10% reduction in damage against vehicles, which arguably makes the mod more of a downside in some cases. PR1's mod is currently meaningless. Leasing a 1-slot OCA can be much more useful and to make things more practical, OCA is completely overshadowed by the PMG, which most players run around with these days..

To further put things into perspective, the PR2 BARELY matches stock-PMG's accuracy, while having everything else equal (ttk, run, sprint, jump modifier, etc). Obviously even the PR2 is at a disadvantage against every day APB-PMGers let alone the PR1.. Wait till modded-PMG gets added to the equation. I would recommend any of the 2 VAS options over the PR1 any day as they have more of a meaningful existence.

Anyone who guides players towards the PR1 in the current state of balance is a Criminal.

9 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

- Where did I say VAS C2 is best used from the hip? It can be inferred that my highest recommendation to invest in out of the three weapons was the Trouble Maker, which comes with Hunting Sight 3.. I don't see why you have made such an assumption..

- I won't advise getting the OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1 simply because it is a bad investment. It is an OCA with only 1 mod that can not be changed. PR1's mod only offers a reduction in recoil, which isn't even a problem in the OCA to begin with (recoil != accuracy in APB), plus a 10% reduction in damage against vehicles, which arguably makes the mod more of a downside in some cases. PR1's mod is currently meaningless. Leasing a 1-slot OCA can be much more useful and to make things more practical, OCA is completely overshadowed by the PMG, which most players run around with these days..

To further put things into perspective, the PR2 BARELY matches stock-PMG's accuracy, while having everything else equal (ttk, run, sprint, jump modifier, etc). Obviously even the PR2 is at a disadvantage against every day APB-PMGers let alone the PR1.. Wait till modded-PMG gets added to the equation. I would recommend any of the 2 VAS options over the PR1 any day as they have more of a meaningful existence.

Anyone who guides players towards the PR1 in the current state of balance is a Criminal.

I didn’t add PMG to the list simply because it is too easy to play with? So I wanted something that requires at least some effort. 
Maybe you have other suggestion besides these 3 options?

Just now, wHisHi said:

I didn’t add PMG to the list simply because it is too easy to play with? So I wanted something that requires at least some effort. 
Maybe you have other suggestion besides these 3 options?

emote254.png

You have made the first-step towards greatness

Arresting is the definitive, effort-indulged way to play APB

#LTLMasterRace

------------------------------------------------------------

If you aren't in the master-faction though, it would help to know if you are better at tracking or making integer semi-auto shots, but the Carbine for instance requires a bit more effort for most people without being a death sentence. It helps train and sustain both timing and aim under the psychological pressure of battle. It also fairly requires not being too far from the target, so it also helps with proper distancing.

Getting good with that weapon develops the ability of tapping into the calm-state that helps increase consistency, which means messing-up less in general. I'm not saying it is the best weapon to practice with, but it has a fair bit of benefits (exception being accuracy bloom control the N-tec requires for example).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

emote254.png

You have made the first-step towards greatness

Arresting is the definitive, effort-indulged way to play APB

#LTLMasterRace

------------------------------------------------------------

If you aren't in the master-faction though, it would help to know if you are better at tracking or making integer semi-auto shots, but the Carbine for instance requires a bit more effort for most people without being a death sentence. It helps train and sustain both timing and aim under the psychological pressure of battle. It also fairly requires not being too far from the target, so it also helps with proper distancing.

Getting good with that weapon develops the ability of tapping into the calm-state that helps increase consistency, which means messing-up less in general. I'm not saying it is the best weapon to practice with, but it has a fair bit of benefits (exception being accuracy bloom control the N-tec requires for example).

I totally forgot about Carbine. For semi-auto I already took OSCAR, but after playing for a while I realised that tracking is my thing (I like JG a lot, all that mouse movement to aim to the target). 
Criminal faction here, so suggestion for tracking type weapon would be nice

• Like 1

Best choice would be the Manic over the C2, and the PMG over the Whisper.

And if you say those are too easy, I'm going to ask how long you've been Gold 10.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

I totally forgot about Carbine. For semi-auto I already took OSCAR, but after playing for a while I realised that tracking is my thing (I like JG a lot, all that mouse movement to aim to the target). 
Criminal faction here, so suggestion for tracking type weapon would be nice

For tracking, the Raptor-series are nice practice.

Their accuracy with Hunting Sight 3 is reliable to about ~40 meters. 7 shots to kill, but their ttk is 0.75 seconds (as fast as starter STAR, a bit behind N-tec and PMG).

Missing only 1 shot however.. ups the ttk to 0.875 seconds, which is slower than the OSCAR that you are already familiar with (OSCAR kills in 0.825 seconds at perfect execution).

With the Raptor-series, your tracking WILL be rewarded if on point & winning battles with it despite it being 0.05 seconds slower than average signifies that your tracking and engagements were on-point, but also punishes less-than-perfect tracking quite noticeably. They are a good place to start.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

For tracking, the Raptor-series are nice practice.

Their accuracy with Hunting Sight 3 is reliable to about ~40 meters. 7 shots to kill, but their ttk is 0.75 seconds (as fast as starter STAR, a bit behind N-tec and PMG).

Missing only 1 shot however.. ups the ttk to 0.875 seconds, which is slower than the OSCAR that you are already familiar with (OSCAR kills in 0.825 seconds at perfect execution).

With the Raptor-series, your tracking WILL be rewarded if on point & winning battles with it despite it being 0.05 seconds slower than average signifies that your tracking and engagements were on-point, but also punishes less-than-perfect tracking quite noticeably. They are a good place to start.

Alright, I m pretty sure I will try it. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Best choice would be the Manic over the C2, and the PMG over the Whisper.

And if you say those are too easy, I'm going to ask how long you've been Gold 10.

Forever 

• Like 1

Entente sucks, that's all you need to know.

The other two guns are really good.

If you have high latency, go for whisper. If you have low latency, get PMG.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 7:59 AM, wHisHi said:

VAS C2 Entente

VAS C2 Trouble Maker

OCA-626 'Whisper' PR1

The C2 no mods / base model is pretty good at CQC but sucks to further beyond that range.
Trouble Maker can be used effectively beyond this range and do well on CQC.

Whisper is about the same as the trouble maker's field of effectiveness but shoots much quicker.

All 3 guns are pretty good but have their own strength and weaknesses, it's up to you to fully utilize or understand how the weapon is suppose to be used.

If you have to pick from those three, probably the Whisper though I'm seeing that the Trouble Maker is making a return in recent months.

Still nothing stops the reign of JG and PMG.

What is CQC?

Whata about the Maniac?

What sort of weapon is this, more like a C2 or a PMG?

Hard to tell ... it depends on player, some ppl. can use one gun better than others ... You should test them by yourself and decide.

p.s. weapon balance can change over time and your investment can go wrong fast.

Sign in to follow this