MattScott

Dev Update for July 2020

41 minutes ago, dodgeone said:

Even after FE ended you still did not get it why? you deserve it.

can you explain ? then explain why pvp and pve shoundnt be on same server? i wasnt the best pvper myself but it was damn exciting goin into pvp zones or flagging when i WANTED and thats the key word here, pvp is not forced on you and if you needed mats in pvp zones they were earnt not given .i seen lots of new players leave and it was mostly around lvl 15/20 when they had to do the hard yards and learn instead of being given everything......

• Thanks 1

"Risk vs reward" is you cause, most people left FE because they had a choice, go in to pvp zones for resources or leave the game, you can see the results. 

If you don't understand why "risk vs reward" is your problem? then there is nothing to discuss.

When pvp becomes "ransom oriented" any game is doomed to fail.

It is really simple, not enough players to support a game? dev team disperses looking for other income.

Edited by dodgeone

You were forced to go into PVP zones for certain mats. That sucked big time. I don't like PVP. I never have and forcing players to do it is just plain stupid. If you want players to enjoy the game then you don't force them to do stuff they don't want to do. It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dodgeone said:

"Risk vs reward" is you cause, most people left FE because they had a choice, go in to pvp zones for resources or leave the game, you can see the results. 

If you don't understand why "risk vs reward" is your problem? then there is nothing to discuss.

It is really simple, not enough players to support a game? dev team disperses looking for other income.

im calling bs on that ,im interested were you 2 f2p or were you subbed? dwight when did you start playing was it in 2018 if so there was hardly anyone in pvp around that time

Edited by cyasoon

I played in both Betas and never left. I was logged in when they shut the game off.

9 hours ago, cyasoon said:

?

"you 2 should stay playing minecraft"

Why did you delete your comment ? Are you unable to give a normal rebuttal without having to resort to insulting the other players ? All because we don't like to play the same way you do ? How very fascist of you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

"you 2 should stay playing minecraft"

Why did you delete your comment ? Are you unable to give a normal rebuttal without having to resort to insulting the other players ? All because we don't like to play the same way you do ? How very fascist of you.

but thats excacty what your saying ,because you dont like the way we play ,which btw is how the game came out . so i repeat you 2 (if your not same person) should stay playing minecraft 

9 hours ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

I played in both Betas and never left. I was logged in when they shut the game off.

so you knew that there was pvp ? 

6 hours ago, cyasoon said:

but thats excacty what your saying ,because you dont like the way we play ,which btw is how the game came out . so i repeat you 2 (if your not same person) should stay playing minecraft 

I never criticized the way people played, not at all, so how is that the same ? I  said that I don't like the way PVP was a requirement, I didn't say anything derogatory about the game or resort to mocking other players like you did, and then quickly deleting your comment.

Merged.

I did a lot of group PVP because I was in a clan and I went into PVP areas because I was a crafter and needed the mats, if there were players already there I couldn't go get the mats, that's what I don't like about it, plus if your faction didn't have the town you couldn't even buy the mats. Plus some mats required your faction to take the merchants to a higher tier. It got old really fast, flipping a town, repeating missions to raise the tier and then 2 hours later another faction flips it back, or they came to the town when you were trying to flip it and you had to run away.

1 hour ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

I did a lot of group PVP because I was in a clan and I went into PVP areas because I was a crafter and needed the mats, if there were players already there I couldn't go get the mats, that's what I don't like about it, plus if your faction didn't have the town you couldn't even buy the mats. Plus some mats required your faction to take the merchants to a higher tier. It got old really fast, flipping a town, repeating missions to raise the tier and then 2 hours later another faction flips it back, or they came to the town when you were trying to flip it and you had to run away.

ever thought that while you went in with group pvp ,that it might have been me that was killed getting mats?

I can not express how much I miss playing this game. Please, PLEASE, bring it back to me as soon as you think it is good enough! Thank you so much!

On 10/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, dodgeone said:

im-calling-bullshit-bullshit-detector.gi

• Like 1

PVP is only a small part of why the game failed. They did a bunch of very stupid things that pissed people off and they showed time and again how little they cared about the players. The lying didn't help matters either. Fallen Earth had such massive potential but a combination of incompetence and apathy destroyed it. Stuff would fail and they wouldn't fix it, like vehicle weapons. The special events, like for holidays, were usually crap. How many times did we start fighting the Grunch only to have him disappear in the middle of the fight ? That is only one example.

11 hours ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

PVP is only a small part of why the game failed. They did a bunch of very stupid things that pissed people off and they showed time and again how little they cared about the players. The lying didn't help matters either. Fallen Earth had such massive potential but a combination of incompetence and apathy destroyed it. Stuff would fail and they wouldn't fix it, like vehicle weapons. The special events, like for holidays, were usually crap. How many times did we start fighting the Grunch only to have him disappear in the middle of the fight ? That is only one example.

So you have a problem given people a choice to PVE and or PVP? The PVE is what brought me to the game.

22 minutes ago, slerk said:

So you have a problem given people a choice to PVE and or PVP? The PVE is what brought me to the game.

That's what you got from all that I wrote ? I said the exact OPPOSITE. i did group pvp because I was in a clan and had to back them up., I would rarely fight, I went after their healer or I was a healer myself.  I almost never did pvp unless I had to. If I saw someone approaching I ran. I soloed the vast majority of the time.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, DwightPfeiffer said:

PvP shouldn't be even mentioned for the reason why the game died in the first place lmao, this was never the case, but you are right on some other stuff you mentioned tho. 

Just look at how bad the servers were(got worse after LO), How much new content we got from G1(close to none), unfixed bugs, glitches that allowed you to dupe stuff etc, broken areas/locations in the map, People being blindly perma banned by GMs for stupid reasons, Infestation of Hackers, cheaters and exploiters and the list goes on. conclusion, FE died just after 2014, cuz simply G1 was a failure, period.

God knows how long many have been saying this already, G1 never really cared about the FE community or the game except for their pockets.

Edited by Viscera

PVE only had basic materials in PVE areas and are forced to PVP to get higher end materials or buying from market which prices were controlled by PVP, this was a major reason why PVE players left, then all other reasons were just a domino affect, not enough players to support developer team? no updates period, if you want to blame someone? blame people who caused this domino affect.

34 minutes ago, dodgeone said:

PVE only had basic materials in PVE areas and are forced to PVP to get higher end materials or buying from market which prices were controlled by PVP, this was a major reason why PVE players left, then all other reasons were just a domino affect, not enough players to support developer team? no updates period, if you want to blame someone? blame people who caused this domino affect.

Hahaha,  keep dreaming. Name atleast 10 valuable higher end materials that you could farm or scavenge in PvP areas, which you couldn't get in PVE? You won't know none, cuz all you do is bitching about stuff you haven't even figured out yourself.  So you went from "RiskVsReward" to "domino effect", it doesn't take a genius to see that you are full of bs ma dude.

1 hour ago, Viscera said:

Hahaha,  keep dreaming. Name atleast 10 valuable higher end materials that you could farm or scavenge in PvP areas, which you couldn't get in PVE? You won't know none, cuz all you do is bitching about stuff you haven't even figured out yourself.  So you went from "RiskVsReward" to "domino effect", it doesn't take a genius to see that you are full of bs ma dude.

Another sad little boy playing troll...pathetic...

@Viscera 

"risk vs reward" leads to domino affect, if you can't understand this simple thing then I am sorry for you.

This is a good example why FE should stay berried indefinite.

Unless developer team want to deal with criticism, bugs, exploits, pvp vs pve drama, etc at their own expense, because you will never have enough support to maintain people who will fix all this. 

1 hour ago, wastelanderer said:

@Viscera 

"risk vs reward" leads to domino affect, if you can't understand this simple thing then I am sorry for you.

This is a good example why FE should stay berried indefinite.

Unless developer team want to deal with criticism, bugs, exploits, pvp vs pve drama🤡, etc at their own expense, because you will never have enough support to maintain people who will fix all this. 

b3633da6b934a5f344fd9de0f15d84fe.png

de388021395f78cb9202f93425e88ecb.png

I leave this gem here for our audience 😉 

5 hours ago, wastelanderer said:

@Viscera.

Actually, you don't have posts where I predicted FE fall.

every man and his dog could predict that was gunna happen ,stop whinging about pvp zones and mats there seems to be enough of you on here doin just to start a damn clan to get those items .heres a hint instead of running when you see someone coming at stand ya ground how the hell do know what they are about unless ya do .if they kill ya so %^^&^& what earn some damn respect at least .this is a fact i have no reason to lie, i was in a pvp zone lvls above where i should have been 3 came in saw my lvl asked wtf i was doin there at my lvl i told them they laughed and left me alone .try it some time if they had killed so what

In case your not following Matt on Twitter FYI

Matthew Scott

@mattpscott

Despite all it's flaws, I miss @FallenEarth. Taken offline 2 years today.

Actually he posted this Yesterday Thursday, not today as in Friday

Matts twitter

Edited by Stymer
twitter tweet did not work properly
  • Thanks 2

On 10/15/2021 at 5:02 PM, Stymer said:

In case your not following Matt on Twitter FYI

Matthew Scott

@mattpscott

Despite all it's flaws, I miss @FallenEarth. Taken offline 2 years today.

Actually he posted this Yesterday Thursday, not today as in Friday

Matts twitter

i miss it to in all it's janky "cars will stick to the floor unless forced" mechanics and the fact it had the most amount of armor customization i have ever seen in a game

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:53 AM, dodgeone said:

At the end of the game you could net everything for GT suits in Outpost. Dome was actually faster than Bloodsports and PVP (unless trading kills) for end-game weapons.

Most materials were mid-range in terms of "best in slot" buffs or otherwise. That being said, yes harvesters/farms helped considerably and you could easily ghost-harvest or simply not place a farm in a PVP zone. Hell you could place harvesters/farms in TC just outside of the PVP zone and safely harvest.

"PVE" players left because of F2P nerf, node changes (which made no sense), lack of FINISHED CONTENT, the fact time was invested into Dome as "PVE content" which was a 2 player instance, and I could probably go on for another 20 paragraphs but we'll stop there as it will derail and be toxic as hell.

• Thanks 1