StormZ

Is it worth buying Jokertickets instead of a weapon from armas?

9 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Thats wrong!

If you have 50k JT you have 20x5% chance, not 63% or whatever!

After 19x5% you have (20x5%) 100% chance to get it.

Its a big difference.

btw : now i understand why we both disagree ... you are talking about a completly different system ....

the OP started the thread with "Since there is a 1% chance for each 500 Jokertickets to get a legendary," and i thought we both were talking about that ...

so my calculations are correct - but you are also right.  it is just two different topics.

• Thanks 1

I'm so glad the bernoulli process was brought up here. The apb playerbase isn't that dumb after all

Okay, let me step in here to clear up some of this.

When purchasing Joker Tickets from ARMAS, you have a 1% chance per 500 JTs purchased to be granted an random legendary from the entire legendary pool. To know what all is included in that pool, head over to Anne in Social and see what she is selling. Those are the guns that you have a 1% chance to get. If you purchase a bundle of 5000 JT, you are granted 10x1% chance rolls. This is not 1x10% chance roll.

When renting legendaries from Anne, each rental costs 2500 JT for 7 days. As part of that purchase you are given 1, 5% chance to gain that specific legendary. That is for every purchase, the % chance does not stack over time. It is a 5% chance on every purchase. Currently, if you spend 50k JTs (20 purchases) on a specific legendary without getting the permanent legendary, we increase the drop rate of the next purchase to 100%. This means that if RNG is not on your side, you are spending, at most, 52.5k JTs (50k to proc the 100% chance, 2500 for the next purchase) for a permanent, tradeable legendary. 

I hope this information clears up any confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Yes but half no Because what if you need a account life time weapons Also the Armas seen Perfect i like the Armas better then the Joker Tickets 

31 minutes ago, Selali said:

you are spending, at most, 52.5k JTs

That fucks with my OCD so. damn. much.

Ok i was thinking we are talk about to buy JT from Armas to buy legendarys by renting from Anne.

If i buy the 25.000 JT Package from the Armas i have a chance of 50% to get every weapon as permanent?

i know that this 1% is applied to each 500JT bought so if you buy 25.000 you will have 250x 1% chance to get legendaries that 1 % is 1 % per 1x so it will roll 250 times and check if you win anything (i got 2 legendaries buying 25k)

and about Legendaries its not that easy to explain each 7 day purchase is a 5% chance but in this time its add to each other as i understand
1st buy - 5% chance
2nd buy - 10% chance and so on
so going on a roll chance you should be able to get legendaries from 40% of chance almost all the time (unless its broken and it will roll against you)

Edited by TheSxW

Buy JT or weapon from armas .... Some one still spends money on this game ? 

giphy.gif

I mean srsly .. did ya seen prices ? $25 for 1 char. life time weapon. 

No offence ,but for $25 ussaly you get full DLC. 

Grind this Sh*t ... unless u feel like you want to support sinking ship. 

On 7/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, Todesklinge said:

If i buy the 25.000 JT Package from the Armas i have a chance of 50% to get every weapon as permanent?

no - that is the problem that people dont understand how probability works :

25.000 jt means you get 50 x 1% ... and that IS NOT 50% ! .... the chances to get a weapon with 50 x 1% is 39,5% ...

if you buy 50 x 500jt your chances to get a legendary is 39,5%

On 7/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, TheSxW said:

i know that this 1% is applied to each 500JT bought so if you buy 25.000 you will have 250x 1% chance to get legendaries that 1 % is 1 % per 1x so it will roll 250 times and check if you win anything (i got 2 legendaries buying 25k)

25.000 divided by 500 is 50 (and not 250) ....

if you buy 50 x 500jt (25k) your chances to get a legendary is 39,5%

Merged.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, TheSxW said:

and about Legendaries its not that easy to explain each 7 day purchase is a 5% chance but in this time its add to each other as i understand
1st buy - 5% chance

no .. thats not how it works ... please read what Selali wrote .. he already explained it in this thread

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Ok i was thinking we are talk about to buy JT from Armas to buy legendarys by renting from Anne.

Do you even read?

2 hours ago, TheSxW said:

1st buy - 5% chance
so going on a roll chance you should be able to get legendaries from 40% of chance almost all the time (unless its broken and it will roll against you)

No every time you buy a legendary for 7 days for 2500 JT you have a 5% chance to get one perm.

Nothing stacks.

If you fill the bar it'll give you the weapon 100%.

3 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

$25 for 1 char. life time weapon.

Honestly if you cannot afford $25 for APB, you might wanna get off the PC and get a job.

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Honestly if you cannot afford $25 for APB, you might wanna get off the PC and get a job.

thats why people like you will always stay poor and have to work at least 40 years / 8hours a day .... you just cant handle money.

its not about what you can afford. i can afford to to pay 25$ for a glass of coca cola - but i would be stupid if i would do that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneManMafia said:

thats why people like you will always stay poor and have to work at least 40 years / 8hours a day .... you just cant handle money.

its not about what you can afford. i can afford to to pay 25$ for a glass of coca cola - but i would be stupid if i would do that.

If you can't afford $25, I think you might be poor.

1 hour ago, OneManMafia said:

imagine having disposable income lmao

1 hour ago, 404 said:

imagine having disposable income lmao

thats the difference between you and me : i only need to work 11 more years - then i have saved enough money so that i dont need to work anymore because then i have enough passiv income.

but therefor i dont own things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon".

you spend your "disposable income" for things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon" - i save it.

Edited by OneManMafia

44 minutes ago, OneManMafia said:

~snip~

Guess I must be super poor having spent thousands on APB.

for me I have 5 characters.  I purchased all my weapons account wide.  I would have purchased all my clothes and vehicles account wide if there was an option but instead I piece it on my non 2 mains.

If you only care about playing one faction or only having your favorite weapons on one character it may not hold enough value for you to buy account wide or off Armas.

Edited by illgot

4 hours ago, OneManMafia said:

thats the difference between you and me : i only need to work 11 more years - then i have saved enough money so that i dont need to work anymore because then i have enough passiv income.

but therefor i dont own things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon".you spend your "disposable income" for things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon" - i save it.

You could die tomorrow due to some freak accident, and then all that saving would be rendered irrelevant. You would have lived a very dull, boring, and sad life.

Meanwhile, those of us not afraid to spend our money get to live life in the day to day moment, without fear of regret.

Enrich your life.

3 hours ago, illgot said:

for me I have 5 characters.  I purchased all my weapons account wide.  I would have purchased all my clothes and vehicles account wide if there was an option but instead I piece it on my non 2 mains.

If you only care about playing one faction or only having your favorite weapons on one character it may not hold enough value for you to buy account wide or off Armas.

and you can always upgrade to account bound at a later date

5 hours ago, OneManMafia said:

but therefor i dont own things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon".

you spend your "disposable income" for things like a "$25 one char life time apb weapon" - i save it.

that sounds hella sad ngl, but i guess it depends on your career

i kind of enjoy my job so i have no issues working normal hours and having a normal life for another 30 years before i retire 

12 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

No every time you buy a legendary for 7 days for 2500 JT you have a 5% chance to get one perm.

Nothing stacks.

If you fill the bar it'll give you the weapon 100%.

thanks it was kinda confusing at the beginning good to know that ;)

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

and you can always upgrade to account bound at a later date

that's something new to me, can you do this with vehicles/clothing?

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You could die tomorrow due to some freak accident, and then all that saving would be rendered irrelevant. You would have lived a very dull, boring, and sad life.

Meanwhile, those of us not afraid to spend our money get to live life in the day to day moment, without fear of regret.

Enrich your life.

Exactly this.

This is why I spend all my money now and then will kill myself at 40. 

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I have job tho income is terrible ... even so i still can afford $25 for ingame item. Tho what i wanted to say is that 25$ for a 1 ingame item from dead game with 300-400 pop. is pretty sour deal.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Guess I must be super poor having spent thousands on APB.

I envy you .... looks like you earn money too easy so you can spend so much for one game. 

~If i would have thousands free money waiting to be wasted ... i still wont spend it on APB or any game, better buy something cool in real life.

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

i understand what you are trying to say but i dont live a dull, boring, and sad life.

let me give you an example : lets say we both want to watch netflix for 10$/month. you would just buy a subscription and enjoy the tv shows. i do it the other way around. i would first save enough money and invest it and wait until it generates me the 10$ per month (or 120$/year) ... and then i have netflix my entire life "for free" (i dont have to work for it anymore) ...

i started with that when i was around 20.  i wanted to join a gym. it was 20$ a month. i waited 3 years before i joined - saved the money and invested it and when i had enough passiv income that generated me 240$/year i then joined the gym. i can now go to the gym my entire life "for free" .... of course the price for the gym increases over time but so does my passiv income ... i did that with nearly everthing in my life - i only buy things (for my personal enjoyment) when the money comes from passiv income. there are of course things that i have to buy no matter where the money comes from .. food for example ...

in one way you are right : for example my friends had a smartphone years before i had one. but now i have one and "i dont need to pay for it" (i dont have to work for the money) anymore.

the big advantage is : take the covid 19 crises for example ... a lot of people struggle - i dont. if i lose my job or whatever ... i can still enjoy the things i like (netflix,gym,...) because i dont need to work/pay for it anymore.

for me my personal freedom is more important than having things like a smartphone or virtual items in a video game ... if everything works out l can retire in 11 years ...

but you have a valid point : if i die tomorrow in a car accident then it was a bad decision to save so much money