StormZ

Is it worth buying Jokertickets instead of a weapon from armas?

Since there is a 1% chance for each 500 Jokertickets to get a legendary, is it worth buying Jokertickets instead of a gun I'd like to have from armas? And has anybody here even received a legendary from buying Jokertickets?
I am thinking about getting the Obeya Hoplite which would be 10k Jokertickets = 2000G1C, with a 4% chance for a legendary, but buying it with 35% from armas would only be like 1300G1C and also account bound.

Do the account bound; you'll thank me later when you're a degenerate like myself and have 7 alts.

Gambling is stupid.

• Like 3

If you have the money, I'd always advise to go down the G1C route and buy account bound guns. The Joker Ticket system for character bound guns is mostly meant for Free-2-Players who don't want to spend a dime on the game. If you want a legendary then sure, buy JT but keep in mind that you can still buy legendaries from the auction house (marketplace in social) for APB$ which you will get anyway through playing. If you aren't desperate for any of the legendaries, it might be better to keep your money for JT in your wallet or just buy other stuff from Armas. Generally speaking, legendaries aren't that great to begin with save for the Ursus or something.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StormZ said:

I am thinking about getting the Obeya Hoplite which would be 10k Jokertickets = 2000G1C, with a 4% chance for a legendary, but buying it with 35% from armas would only be like 1300G1C and also account bound.

G1C is the best route, as you will get it account bound. Don't forget you also get JMBs as a reward for spending X amount of G1C too.

You're better off specifically targeting a legendary you're actually interested in than leaving it to fate, as there are a fair number of legendaries which are not particularly interesting or fun to use.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

1% for every 500 JT bought? So 20% chance for 10k JT bought? And how that works, do I have this increased chance for every legendary or only for one?

1 hour ago, StormZ said:

Obeya Hoplite

Didn't know you could get armas guns via joker tickets. Go with G1c. Armas guns are sold by character and by account, the later is slightly higher priced but well worth it. All of the Armas guns i have are account bound. 

So all of my characters have the weapon/s. I have 4 Max ranks and a new reroll. I normally would say to invest in the open slots. But if you plan to reroll, grab a pre slotted version, so as a low rank you dont have to grind out cash to buy sites and other mods. 

Now if you want to go the joker route, get a Huntress rifle for your one character, This one shoots fast and is accurate, room for one mod, and the kill damage is almost as good as a sniper, and the mobility is high. you can run with it. 

26 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

do I have this increased chance for every legendary or only for one?

VERY GOOD question. We know the 5% would goto the weapon you spend the jt's on. 

Where is that 1% applied?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Didn't know you could get armas guns via joker tickets. Go with G1c. Armas guns are sold by character and by account, the later is slightly higher priced but well worth it. All of the Armas guns i have are account bound. 

So all of my characters have the weapon/s. I have 4 Max ranks and a new reroll. I normally would say to invest in the open slots. But if you plan to reroll, grab a pre slotted version, so as a low rank you dont have to grind out cash to buy sites and other mods. 

Now if you want to go the joker route, get a Huntress rifle for your one character, This one shoots fast and is accurate, room for one mod, and the kill damage is almost as good as a sniper, and the mobility is high. you can run with it. 

VERY GOOD question. We know the 5% would goto the weapon you spend the jt's on. 

what????

• Like 1

In theory, spending G1C worth of 50k Jokertickets should give 1 Legendary. But I am still waiting for people to actually say "guys, guys I got a legendary from buying jt".

And btw I have another question: What's generally better? ISSR-A or B? People keep saying the B (Dog Ear) is better, but in the few hours I was able to play them both, I performed better with ISSR-A.

7 minutes ago, StormZ said:

In theory, spending G1C worth of 50k Jokertickets should give 1 Legendary. But I am still waiting for people to actually say "guys, guys I got a legendary from buying jt".

And btw I have another question: What's generally better? ISSR-A or B? People keep saying the B (Dog Ear) is better, but in the few hours I was able to play them both, I performed better with ISSR-A.

the issr-a is essentially the same as the issr-b, with three major differences

1. the issr-a has a ttk of .84s vs the issr-b's ttk of .9s
  2. the issr-a has an effective range of 50m vs the issr-b's 83m
  3. the issr-a is automatic and the issr-b is semi-auto

in practice the issr-b basically does everything the issr-a does, but with more range

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wHisHi said:

1% for every 500 JT bought? So 20% chance for 10k JT bought? And how that works, do I have this increased chance for every legendary or only for one?

That's not how that works. It's a single 1% roll for every 500 JT purchased. So if you buy the 500 JT bundle, you get a single 1% roll. If you buy the 2,500 JT bundle, you get five rolls at 1% each roll (2,500 = 5 bundles of 500 JT). The wording in the initial announcement was terrible (and AFAIK none of the staff clarified despite constant request by the community), but the wording on ARMAS is unmistakable.

14 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

It literally tells you on the JT bundle pages on ARMAS.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Thats wrong, you dont have 20% chance with 10k JT. 4x2500 JT.

You have 4x5% chance with 10k JT, thats a BIG difference!

Every 2500 JT, you have 5% chance, it DO NOT stack!

Edited by Todesklinge

"Each bundle of 500 Joker Tickets will also have a 1% chance to grant you a tradeable weapon"

that means you cant just add up the probability. 10k tickets = 20x500tickets = 20x1% chance ... thats not 20% -  its a little less ... its only 18,2% chance to get a weapon

if you decide to buy 100x500tickets (100x1%) that doesnt mean you have a100% chance to get a weapon. the probability in that case is far less ... its only 63.4% chance to get a weapon

see : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli_process

thats why so many people fall for lootboxes because they are calculating their chances wrong

Merged.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, StormZ said:

In theory, spending G1C worth of 50k Jokertickets should give 1 Legendary.

no thats completly wrong - in theory its only 63.4% chance to get a weapon with 50k Jokertickets.

thats exactly the problem that people just add up the probability.  just to show you how wrong you are : even if you would buy 300 (!!) x 500 joker tickets .... the chance to get a weapon would only be around 95% .....

• Like 1

I sometimes invest in this game, but never invest in jocker boxes lol. as they prove to be more or less a fool proof.

Just get one wep with credit card if ure in a hurry, but if ure not, jocker tickets are more easily to get nowdays, cuz of the corona promo, so u will get 10000 in about 3 weeks, like i get them,

if u play the daily quests in the normal districts., i never play anything besides normal districts, and i get 10000 per almost a month, lately i haven't been very active, but it doesn't matter, just make sure u get the right wep before u waste them lol, cuz u might regret it, like i did last time.

Get the... S1-NA "Manic" JT3 best wep if u learn how to master it, and i'm a noob regardless how much i advance. As for the rest, go for the ATAC 2 slots.

The Manic won't work in first experiences, but if u learn it, it will please u right, the ATAC will work fine even without much training, as it has a steady aim, and just cuz they troll u when u use it, proves that its a good ep in general. Telling u this, cuz i'm a hopeless noob that has a bad hand skill, and always looked for alternatives in my sad experience.

I advice you IR3 as the main buff, it can work with others too, it depends how universal u want it.

Or u can isten to the guys under me, they know better :)))

Actually i did invest in jocker boxes when i used my friend credit card at one point(i never use mine, cuz im a troll), and trust me... it was a very big disappointment, as even today i have the garbage that they gave me based on the filter named "popularity", and prolly never gonna use any of it again.

Most of the boxes drop green temporarily garbage that i will never use, i used a few for testing before buying them with real money, but other than that, its basically a idiotic investment if u ask me, and the leak of actuall longer lease was a very big problem back then, as i failed to actually consider what i really enjoy based on fucking 30 min's lease, scummy deal.

So far all my noob investments are laying in my inventory and never being used, go figure.

Takes time and information to make sure ure not investing in useless garbage, yet i did cuz i didn't have anyone informing me about it, and the only way i used to actually make smart investments, were through forums, which is why i evolved, and never did the same mistake twice, problem, is it never gets too official the post, so the noobs will suffer from it all the time no matter what they update them new weapons with so to speak of course.

In the end who cares, its all about money, and corporations will never care about customer discomfort, as usual

Still... i believe i speak based on experience. But nowdays experience = ZERO sadly, even if its been proven otherwise countless times.

BURP!!

then again who cares.

Edited by Vnight
because you asked

5 minutes ago, Vnight said:

but never invest in jocker boxes lol.

correct.

better save the money and invest it in a good math book. 😀

• Like 1

I never had stochastics, but I now know I am wrong. Maybe in the next semester

8 hours ago, OneManMafia said:

no thats completly wrong - in theory its only 63.4% chance to get a weapon with 50k Jokertickets.

thats exactly the problem that people just add up the probability.  just to show you how wrong you are : even if you would buy 300 (!!) x 500 joker tickets .... the chance to get a weapon would only be around 95% 

Thats wrong!

If you have 50k JT you have 20x5% chance, not 63% or whatever!

After 19x5% you have (20x5%) 100% chance to get it.

Its a big difference.

i did simple math the day that happened here's how it currently is:

-If you are premium and want to buy a permanent character bound gun buy it on armas
     -If you are not premium, it doesn't matter where you buy it as long as it's not a preset gun.
     -If you're buying a preset gun , buy it in JT

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, Todesklinge said:

Thats wrong!

If you have 50k JT you have 20x5% chance, not 63% or whatever!

After 19x5% you have (20x5%) 100% chance to get it.

Its a big difference.

please stop spreading false information. the description for each bundle claerly states "Each bundle of 500 Joker Tickets will also have a 1% chance to grant you a tradeable weapon"  ...that means :

63.4% chance to get a weapon with 50k Jokertickets. (see : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli_process)

"After 19x5% you have (20x5%) 100% chance to get it." thats complete nonsense ....

1. its not 20x5% - its 100x1% ... thats a difference

2. even if it would be 5% : the probability to get a weapon with 20x5% is 64.1% and not 100% ...

Merged.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:16 AM, Hexerin said:

That's not how that works. It's a single 1% roll for every 500 JT purchased. So if you buy the 500 JT bundle, you get a single 1% roll. If you buy the 2,500 JT bundle, you get five rolls at 1% each roll (2,500 = 5 bundles of 500 JT). The wording in the initial announcement was terrible (and AFAIK none of the staff clarified despite constant request by the community), but the wording on ARMAS is unmistakable.

It literally tells you on the JT bundle pages on ARMAS.

^ thats the correct.

Edited by OneManMafia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can only rent each Weapon for 2500 JT and this is 5% chance.

You can rent this 20 times to become 100% the weapon!

This is was i told is 100% correct. I told this multiple times and this is how the mechanic works!

3 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

This is was i told is 100% correct. I told this multiple times and this is how the mechanic works!

Regurgitating the same information we already have doesn't do anything.

Either sauce or shut up.

21 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=126&productId=6405

it clearly says : 1% per 500  ... i dont understand why you are trying so hard to mislead people ....

1 hour ago, OneManMafia said:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=126&productId=6405

it clearly says : 1% per 500  ... i dont understand why you are trying so hard to mislead people ....

What he said down below is regarding Legendaries, not normal weapons from armas or the JT store.

1 hour ago, Todesklinge said:

This is for legendaries.

On topic, I've once bought 2x 25000 JT, one time I got nothing. And the second purchase gave me 3 medusa's.

I can stand behind Ketog's post:

You can do fine with acc guns and in most cases they out rank most jmb guns (the ones from ann) becuase there 1-2 slots and have a prefix mod. aswell as most of them have been nefed itno the floor due to them being broken or there just not worth your time like EOL series and haz and firework gun becuase you can just buy that perma without spending a shit ton of tickets. (talking about flare gun from wild. 

11 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

Do you think LO steps off there high horse dev/gm accounts to play with us as normal

Yes, I do.

17 hours ago, Vnight said:

I sometimes invest in this game, but never invest in jocker boxes lol. as they prove to be more or less a fool proof.

Actually i did invest in jocker boxes when i used my friend credit card at one point(i never use mine, cuz im a troll), and trust me... it was a very big disappointment, as even today i have the garbage that they gave me based on the filter named "popularity", and prolly never gonna use any of it again.

Most of the boxes drop green temporarily garbage that i will never use, i used a few for testing before buying them with real money, but other than that, its basically a idiotic investment if u ask me, and the leak of actuall longer lease was a very big problem back then, as i failed to actually consider what i really enjoy based on fucking 30 min's lease, scummy deal.

So far all my noob investments are laying in my inventory and never being used, go figure.

In the end who cares, its all about money, and corporations will never care about customer discomfort, as usual

Still... i believe i speak based on experience. But nowdays experience = ZERO sadly, even if its been proven otherwise countless times.

Have you been paying attention to what's been going on lately?  Joker boxes are gone now.  Forever.  LO removed them and replaced it with a much better system.