Delete884943468320878423

Less and less activity on forums

Personally believe in that the Corona situation which gave us a spike in population is now slowly becoming better for most people. (at least in Europe) so Citadel drops in players. For the activity on the forums, I used to not post for quite some time and found a lot of topics not to be relevant to read.

Dropping EAC was a choice they had to make which couldn't be done otherwise, else they would.

But I disagree in that people see 60%+ as a cheater while the real numbers are in the low 5-10%.

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

But I disagree in that people see 60%+ as a cheater while the real numbers are in the low 5-10%.

Yeah probably 10% could be right. So you guys do have the numbers, so why don't you ban them? Wasn't it that LO can afford to ban them? So why don't they.

Also, 10% of the playerbase that does not stay in social district is a LOT. How much % stay in social? 30 to 40%? Lets do some numbers... Let's pretend there's a flat number of players playing, like 40 players each district. Lets say Jericho. Usually there are 3 districts with players, including the social. So 1/3 of the playerbase doesn't count. (35% roughly). 3 districts would be 120 players online. Minus 35% is 78 players.

Now... 10% of 120 (because we are talking about the entire playerbase's 10% of course) is 12. So we have 12 hackers, but 12 out of 78 is actually almost 16%. 

Now extrapolate that to bigger numbers and you will get more hackers and less players playing (more in social). 

Then take into account that hackers get gold status easily so they rank up very fast and are put against a smaller playerbase (silver and gold players). How much % of the playerbase are silver and gold players? Well now that 16% could be 50% because they are being put against a smaller playerbase, not the entirety of it, thats why the numbers don't add up by just looking at them like you are looking at them. Thats why you get a hacker on each mission, because you are put against the same small pool of players over and over and over, and in that small pool the hackers grow because they ALL end up there while player numbers stay the same.

Edited by Musul Man

2 hours ago, Musul Man said:

Yeah probably 10% could be right. So you guys do have the numbers, so why don't you ban them? Wasn't it that LO can afford to ban them? So why don't they.

Also, 10% of the playerbase that does not stay in social district is a LOT. How much % stay in social? 30 to 40%? Lets do some numbers... Let's pretend there's a flat number of players playing, like 40 players each district. Lets say Jericho. Usually there are 3 districts with players, including the social. So 1/3 of the playerbase doesn't count. (35% roughly). 3 districts would be 120 players online. Minus 35% is 78 players.

Now... 10% of 120 (because we are talking about the entire playerbase's 10% of course) is 12. So we have 12 hackers, but 12 out of 78 is actually almost 16%. 

Now extrapolate that to bigger numbers and you will get more hackers and less players playing (more in social). 

Then take into account that hackers get gold status easily so they rank up very fast and are put against a smaller playerbase (silver and gold players). How much % of the playerbase are silver and gold players? Well now that 16% could be 50% because they are being put against a smaller playerbase, not the entirety of it, thats why the numbers don't add up by just looking at them like you are looking at them. Thats why you get a hacker on each mission, because you are put against the same small pool of players over and over and over, and in that small pool the hackers grow because they ALL end up there while player numbers stay the same.

Disclaimer: those numbers are pure speculation from my part. I don't know how far that works on their end or what they see or know. This is what is my estimation or speculation entirely.

Well unlike a subreddit you can't just post stuff like mems, clips and other random stuff like that related to the game. You have to try to come up with something discussion worthy. And if a Moderator decides it doesn't fit the general discussions section no one will see it, effectively doomin the post. That's why imo we should completely move over to the subreddit format and abandon the traditional forums since it's simply a much inferior format for a community discussions place. 

• Like 2

Certainly player population is a major reason, but I also think the greater transparency brought by LO has given people less to speculate and complain about. Add to that having forum mods not allowing the drama  that went on with the old forums and well... you get to where we are now.

11 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

It's a YMMV situation. Whether or not you come across them has so many variables involved that it's possible that each individual person can have wildly different experiences.

Personally, I've seen a 100% increase in users of third-party cheating programs (aimbot, wall/radarhack, firing macro, etc type stuff). However, that percentage is also misleading.

When the game was under EAC, I would encounter maybe one or two suspect players in a given month (which in many cases resolved with additional matches against them to be just APB's quirks being APB's quirks), but never anyone that was outright blatant.

However, now under BE, I encounter multiple suspect players every day (again, many times this is resolved after a few matches though. BE server/client performance issues are likely to blame here). There's also players that are now completely blatant, and while there's only a few of them they are very active every day.

An increase of zero to one is still a 100% increase, but without context it sounds a lot worse than it is. That being said, this continues to show how worthless BE is and how good EAC was... EAC completely removed the cheating problem on this game even when EAC was only working at half efficacy... Little Orbit made the wrong decision to drop EAC, even if they were paying more than they probably should've been having to pay. A cheat-free game is worth more than whatever cheaper price they're getting with BE, if they actually care about the game's health and future.

• Like 1

Population is dropping day by day, don't be surprised forums are dying too.

Too many people, with too many half-baked opinions demanding their ideal version of the game become the real thing has led us to where we are rn; modern APB is not as fun as old APB, consumables, and such, are part of that imo, but that's a different story.

Same problem, people who want attention sucking up hard to the CM's over the years (Tiggs is the worst example of this by far) resulting in a stale, boring, and highly moderated game.

Surpise that a lot of the old players left, I hung around for a while, idk why, old times sake probably.

Truth is, 2010-12 APB isn't coming back, and I think a lot of the older players know this too.

Why stay around?

Besides, given that BattlEye is back to kicking for progammes that you don't even have, or use, just because it can, means it's impossible to play anymore anyway.

Edited by Intake

On 7/20/2020 at 6:32 PM, ViolaDeWynter said:

I miss Tiggs. Since she left, forums are just boring. Back then everything was better anyways.

I miss Tiggs too.  She had firesales and really tried to kick the cheaters.  Some of the best times in APB were FF announcements and that FF flames forum. LO bought the game and just had no idea and simply listened to the toxic-cheater core about how not to intervene and what hacked anticheat to use and why to unban and allow unbans to keep their oftentimes stolen or ripped off legendaries... it was this toxic-cheater core who inherited their dream vision of APB... and thus killed what was left of the playing playerbase who always needed fairness and protection from mass predation. BTW I was "summoned" by forum mods that the name I had on this forum for some 7 years was not appropriate... so I made a new forum name, vastly more appropriate. LO's priorities are ridiculous at this point.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DedGaem said:

I miss Tiggs too.  She had firesales and really tried to kick the cheaters.  Some of the best times in APB were FF announcements and that FF flames forum. LO bought the game and just had no idea and simply listened to the toxic-cheater core about how not to intervene and what hacked anticheat to use and why to unban and allow unbans to keep their oftentimes stolen or ripped off legendaries... it was this toxic-cheater core who inherited their dream vision of APB... and thus killed what was left of the playing playerbase who always needed fairness and protection from mass predation. BTW I was "summoned" by forum mods that the name I had on this forum for some 7 years was not appropriate... so I made a new forum name, vastly more appropriate. LO's priorities are ridiculous at this point.

I hope your response is as sarcastic as the person's you quoted.

Also, the vid thumbnail you have as your pfp is for APB, not APB: Reloaded.

Edited by CookiePuss

Quality instead of quantity. I remember coming here couple of times in a year or two and most times the forums were spammed to death by toxic people. So not much to be missed to be honest.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, GhosT said:

There's not much to talk about, and the forums dropped quite a bit in popularity when the various discord servers arrived.

Also, the playerbase keeps dropping so there's that.

I agree with the discord being a big part.   Honestly I was never much for the forums.  Generally used it to catch up what was going on with the game.  I only recently joined the unofficial discord.  Just from being on it for a week I can say it is fairly active.  I even gleamed information I hadn't know about and quickly at that.   I don't see a lot of voice chatting but the text chats are going.  I mean for quick chats or responses it is really nice.  I already have discord up anyway and just switch servers when I need.  As for the population I have been watching the server tracker online.  Honestly it hurts my soul seeing it so low.  I am grateful though to LO they given game a 2nd 2nd chance and i'll take it.

maybe because people left or gave up discussing the same thing over and over again lmao

game has not changed at all in the last forever years and a lot of people just gave up

checking in here and there to see if that magickal engine upgrade is out yet

• Thanks 2

I'm sure people are still around forums somehow, but just pass by and go away from time to time. As said here before, there's not much to discuss lately.

I'm one of those... i just come here to check the Engine Upgrade thread, and i go away right after i finish reading it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

Add horses in game and i will post every day for defend them.

but that would be horrible. Imagine ur horse being shot by osmaw… poor animal getting abused.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:48 PM, CookiePuss said:

I hope your response is as sarcastic as the person's you quoted.

Also, the vid thumbnail you have as your pfp is for APB, not APB: Reloaded.

Does it matter?  I mean no matter how you slice it, cry about it, cheerlead LO or trash G1 or Tiggs... APB RELOADED is still a dead fkin game. Watch the vid... RTW APB becomes RELOADED under G1 by 12:20 of the video to which this thumbnail is taken.

Edited by DedGaem

59 minutes ago, DedGaem said:

Does it matter?

Well yeah...one went bankrupt, the other is still going.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:00 AM, CookiePuss said:

Well yeah...one went bankrupt, the other is still going.

Removed quote.    - Azukii

RTW went bankrupt. G1 had it and ran it fairly well for a few years and as it aged it really declined.  LO bought it in nosedive... and that nosedive continues unabated... why?  Well consider this simple fact... they restore threat segregation, but implement nothing at all to prevent the high silver/gold playerbase from WTFpwning the newbs and the lower skilled players.  End result?  More population loss.  It's still going, but hardly a shadow of it's former self... and there is no way back.  For one thing, the toxic trolls like you guys dominate what's left of the playerbase and forums... newsflash... your vision for this game is shit. Your attitudes are shit.  The way you treat lower-than-gold players is shit.  Tiggs hands down had a better vision than either of you.  LO is hard fkin fail, because they listened to people like you.

3 minutes ago, DedGaem said:

The way you treat lower-than-gold players is shit.  

You realize Cookypuss is silver right?

Some had a valid opinions but the community backlashes on those people no wonder they don't bother trying to give you there opinion. The only reason this game dies is because the small people that still play like how it is while the other 99% hate the shitty mechanics and how you can cheese to win.

If i have to compare new games to apb no wonder we get no new players this game sucks for 2020 standards.

Edited by Gateron
  • Thanks 1