Sign in to follow this  
yJung

start balancing again?

I know all changes to the game are currently on a halt to focus purely on the release of the engine upgrade. But i think it would be better, if we could see a little more balance at least on the guns again. My take away from the Open Beta was, that the engine upgrade isn't coming any soon (I don't expect it any sooner than next year). This being said, I understand that the EU has the most priority, but for me it's frustrating to know, that the current meta won't change for months.

Suggestions on which guns would need a balance (improvements or other suggestions are very welcomed):

PMG: The current strongest SMG in the game, way too strong in all areas. OCA was the choice to counter the PMG, but as the OCA was nerfed, PMG is unchallenged. It's range makes it even scarier. Reduce the effective range (+ some detailed adjustments from the veterans, which doesn't make it non-usable, but remains a challenge to an OCA as example).

QS JG-Snub: I don't want to step on the foot of the JG-Snubbers here, but it's a broken thing to be able to do. The quick switch from JG to the secondary is way too fast, faster than it should be possible. Keep the mechanic of the QS, idc, but the TTK time of this shouldn't be really this fast. Make the equip time slightly longer.

N-TEC 5/ 'Ursus': The reason of N-TEC's nerf was, that it was too versatile. The jump-shooting was nerfed and it's accuracy while doing it, which is fine, but one mistake was made. In my view, the N-TEC 5 needs only one adjustment - reduce the bloom. The bloom of it, has become ridiculously high and fast, which makes it in close range unusable. In my experience, I couldn't even hit a shot (in non-marksman mode) at an enemy, who was merely 3 meters away (yes, maybe I just suck, but I think many players experienced it too).

'Ursus' is probably the easiest mid-long range gun in the game, way too much damage and accuracy, even though you don't have to control it. Even if it would be a 6 STK (which isn't a suggestion), it would be still very strong. (I would leave the adjustments to the vets).

Norsemen: I don't have any of them, so I can't really suggest something, I don't know anything about. But I saw a couple of threads from people, who want to make them more viable.

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

On 7/20/2020 at 7:12 PM, yJung said:

In my view, the N-TEC 5 needs only one adjustment - reduce the bloom. 

I couldn't even hit a shot (in non-marksman mode) at an enemy,

Well there's your problem

There are many scenarios, where you have to quickly change weapons and have an enemy really close to you, at this range it is normally wiser to shoot him in non-marksman mode, as it is hard to track the enemy (especially for low sens players), or you dont even have time to right click and then shoot. Nevertheless, a gun shouldn't be completely useless, if you aren't shooting it in marksman, it should have at least some accuracy, which is impossible, if the bloom makes the N-TEC shoot just in all directions except  where you are aiming at. So I really can't see, how your contribution is useful. 

N-Tec is perfectly fine as it is, and should be completely inaccurate when hipfired. I was a bit disappointed to see its jump-shooting accuracy nerfed, but other than that, if it was changed to be any more accurate in any aim mode it would be too much.

Not everything should be possible with every weapon, that's just the nature of the game.

I have to disagree. I see no sense in having the N-Tec be completely inaccurate when hipfired, if there is the Obeya CR762, which has nearly perfect accuracy in marksman mode and hipfire. Even if compared to other AR's, like STAR and the FAR, the N-Tec right now has miserable hipfire accuracy. Yes, the STAR and FAR compensate it with slightly reduced effective range, but it doesn't justify giving the N-Tec absolutely no accuracy when hipfired.

I have to disagree. In a pinch you can still crouch and hipfire with good accuracy, and my previous statement stands. Not every weapon should be able to do everything.

Pro tip: The trick is to not hipfire with ntec. Just aim xugB3Ym.png

Edited by ColorBauss