Sign in to follow this  

Question about sitting duck?

Does it kill with two shots? for a person without Kevlar please reply if it still does kill in 2 shots it’s not going to get nerfed right? Im deciding on getting one. And also can you run around while hip firing it without any damage reduction?

Edited by Guest

It kills in two shots. One bullet does 550 health damage in effective range. It has no damage reduction while not fully aimed.

as said above the scout does 550 health damage and there’s no accuracy-based damage mechanic, so it will 2 shot almost all players from 0-90m

a player wearing kevlar 2 or kevlar 3 will require 3 shots

note that if the enemy is wearing ca3 (like almost everyone does), after the first shot and once the scout is ready to fire again you’ll have .8s (.9s with cj3) to land the second shot before they regen enough health to survive 

i think it’s very unlikely that the scout gets nerfed, despite being a pretty great gun it has significant drawbacks that leave it well balanced

39 minutes ago, VirginDiva said:

Does it kill with two shots? for a person without Kevlar please reply if it still does kill in 2 shots it’s not going to get nerfed right? Im deciding on getting one. And also can you run around while hip firing it without any damage reduction?

36 minutes ago, Pekausis_ said:

It kills in two shots. One bullet does 550 health damage in effective range. It has no damage reduction while not fully aimed.

Basically this^ but since the overdamage is minimal, you can very quickly go from 2stk to 3stk by waiting too long in between shots or buy missing your second shot.
Very very fun gun to use, especially paired with a .45 AP.

fun tip: the Duck is quite accurate when you simply crouch, this can be exploited (quick crouch and fire) in order to accurately land shots when you cant ADS.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, 404 said:

as said above the scout does 550 health damage and there’s no accuracy-based damage mechanic, so it will 2 shot almost all players from 0-90m

note that if the enemy is wearing ca3 (like almost everyone does), after the first shot and once the scout is ready to fire again you’ll have .8s (.9s with cj3) to land the second shot before they regen enough health to survive 

i think it’s very unlikely that the scout gets nerfed, despite being a pretty great gun it has significant drawbacks that leave it well balanced

CA3 The bane of the scout's existance So glad i'm done with using snipers forever.

The duck does work very well in a "stabba pig+perc" setup killing in 1 shot.

The duck can use cj3 while the reaper can't and it's effective against "flack jacket" users with their decade long regen time.

no damage reduction or anything, just sucks if u dont hit the followup shot immediately after the first shot, because everyone uses clotting. could be frustrating to use because of this.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:15 AM, 404 said:

I mean, that sounds right, but at the same time I swear i've fired 3 consecutive scout shots and killed someone 2 hits. and that's closer to 2.75-3s than .8...

12 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, that sounds right, but at the same time I swear i've fired 3 consecutive scout shots and killed someone 2 hits. and that's closer to 2.75-3s than .8...

its always possible i did the math wrong, or i used the wrong ca3 numbers

• scout shoots you - 450hp
  • after 1.6s ca3 kicks in and you get 60hp - 510hp
  • 1s passes, you get another 60hp, and you can survive another scout shot - 570hp

so basically you have 2.6s from the initial shot to tag an enemy again, but 1.75s (or 1.63s with cj3) is taken up by the bolt timer

Sign in to follow this