Karlovy

Drop FPS

Hi guys I need help,

When I play 100 fps some moments the game I go down to 70 quickly and freeze the game for a few milliseconds and then return to 100 fps

This is my configuration

i5-6500 3.20Ghz

AMD Readon r9 390 - 8gb

8Gb RAM

1TB - HDD

Windows 10 pro

Thank you!

Edited by Karlovy

Hey Karlovy!

Sorry you're dealing with this issue, it's never fun 😞

Matt Scott posted a thread that might shine some light on your issue

Try these values in BaseEngine.ini: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config)

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120
GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=16

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = the time it takes on how long to start cleaning some memory. 60 is default, don't make it to big or it will crash or stutter for 1 long minute.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb = How much memory APB can use, match this with your system memory.

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

Etc.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
  • Like 1

Il 6/12/2018 alle 12:36, KyoukiDotExe ha dichiarato:

Valutazione di valori in BaseEngine.ini: (C: \ Programmi (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ APB Reloaded \ Engine \ Config)

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = il tempo impiegato per quanto tempo. 60 è il valore predefinito, non renderlo troppo grande o si bloccherà o scoppierà per 1 minuto lungo.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb = Quanta memoria APB può usare, abbinala alla memoria del tuo sistema.

RAM di sistema da 4 GB = 2,

RAM del sistema da 8 GB = 4,

RAM di sistema da 16 GB = 8,

RAM del sistema da 32 GB = 16,

Eccetera.

Potrebbe esserci un problema con l'Hard Disk perché viene sempre avviato al 100%?

1.  253RTlh.png

( Green border after performing disk defragmentation)

Il 6/11/2018 alle 23:54, CANINE ha dichiarato:

Ehi, Karlovy!

Scusa se hai un problema con questo, non è mai divertente <font style=😞">

Matt Scott ha pubblicato una discussione che potrebbe far luce sul tuo problema

Purtroppo è un problema che ho da molto tempo.

Edited by Karlovy

On 6/12/2018 at 12:36 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Try these values in BaseEngine.ini: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config)

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = the time it takes on how long to start cleaning some memory. 60 is default, don't make it to big or it will crash or stutter for 1 long minute.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb = How much memory APB can use, match this with your system memory.

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

Etc.

Thank you very much ❤️ I suffered the same problem than Karlovy since 2015. And now I don't have fps drops every minute, they didn't dissapear completely but I can tolerate it and enjoy the game finally!

On 6/12/2018 at 11:48 PM, Karlovy said:

Potrebbe esserci un problema con l'Hard Disk perché viene sempre avviato al 100%?

1.  253RTlh.png

( Green border after performing disk defragmentation)

Purtroppo è un problema che ho da molto tempo.

I am sorry, but what do you mean?

22 hours ago, Sinista said:

Thank you very much ❤️ I suffered the same problem than Karlovy since 2015. And now I don't have fps drops every minute, they didn't dissapear completely but I can tolerate it and enjoy the game finally!

You're very welcome! Glad it helped.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:36 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

Etc.

Everytime you run APB the launcher will overwrite the file and replace it to the default option.

2 hours ago, wayofthinking said:

Everytime you run APB the launcher will overwrite the file and replace it to the default option.

yes, for most of the file changes you need to run the game from the APB program file in the binaries folder so it will skip the check from the launcher

Edited by Kevkof

2 hours ago, wayofthinking said:

I would advice you to read the post of Kevkof's:

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

yes, for most of the file changes you need to run the game from the APBprogram file in the binaries folder so it will skip the check from the launcher

It's located here (per default from Steam):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APB (dot) exe

Edited by KyoukiDotExe

Unfortunately I have not solved, someone would know how to help me? Is it normal for you to line even with the minimum quality?

It's normal. It's unavoidable without disabling the garbage collection system. APB has a ton of memory leaks.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:36 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

Etc.

hi :D i found is *TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects* my problem i changed to 120 and my fps drop after 2 min for few milliseconds then i changed to 180 that means my fps drop after 3 min :D should i just change it to 6000 for example? or i can disable it?

Edited by sidd432

9 hours ago, sidd432 said:

hi :D i found is *TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects* my problem i changed to 120 and my fps drop after 2 min for few milliseconds then i changed to 180 that means my fps drop after 3 min :D should i just change it to 6000 for example? or i can disable it?

Sadly, you can not disable it entirely. I would not recommend going over 120, the drawbacks are simply not worth it.