Todesklinge

Why is APB so an unfair game?

32 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

There was a team deathmatch mode I had played, but I didn't play gta for pvp so I sucked at it. So in regards to gameplay APB is different than GTA which is a good thing

It would be like two gas stations right next to each other, except one sells diesel so both stations are relevant 

Yeah, I played the same, but it would like... Switch playlists or something. One moment I'm doing really well in TDM and then the next minute we're driving tanks on top of skyscrapers, lol.

I hated it, tbh.

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Yeah, I played the same, but it would like... Switch playlists or something. One moment I'm doing really well in TDM and then the next minute we're driving tanks on top of skyscrapers, lol.

I hated it, tbh.

Yea clearly APB is the superior game sarcasm

On 7/18/2020 at 3:40 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

'ruined'

Still the most OP thing in the game. Okay.

Yes it is, they should have reduced the damage only, this damage/accuracy scaling system just doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, xHenryman90x said:

Yes it is, they should have reduced the damage only, this damage/accuracy scaling system just doesn't make sense.

Oh no I agree. The accuracy system was a joke.

But it's still stupid strong as fuck. 850 damage is pants on head retorted.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Yea clearly APB is the superior game sarcasm

Ya, cause that's what I said... zoomer

The Forum is full of topics like ... "cheater here and cheater there" ...

The most problems is there is no difference between a pro gamer and a cheater, they are 1:1 the same. That means they are killing the fun of the opponent team.

So the first and most important step to rescue the playerbase generals is, to play softer in the game!

No more 100% power, play smarter also -> 75% of your skill.

Give your enemys more chances in the missions and maybe let them win, if you can see they are weaker.

It makes no sense if good players abusing the game mechanic (by dont play on Gold Server) to fight against weaker players (in Silver/Bronze Server), the problem of dethreating.

If new (or old and weak like me) players becomes frustrated, they are not motivated to play the game further. By stomping the enemy team (you 10 kills, enemy 0-1 kills) you will kill APB the same way like a cheater this do.

So play smarter, give the enemy enough chances, have more fun and help new players! I can read the chat in the districts and it is full of toxicity against other players.

Make community events etc. and stop exploiting game mechanics, this dont helps APB to grow.

If the new engine upgrade is live and no one is left... you know.

4 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Ya, cause that's what I said... zoomer

it was a joke joke

5 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

The most problems is there is no difference between a pro gamer and a cheater, they are 1:1 the same.

please stop

7 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

The Forum is full of topics like ... "cheater here and cheater there" ...

The most problems is there is no difference between a pro gamer and a cheater, they are 1:1 the same. That means they are killing the fun of the opponent team.

So the first and most important step to rescue the playerbase generals is, to play softer in the game!

No more 100% power, play smarter also -> 75% of your skill.

Give your enemys more chances in the missions and maybe let them win, if you can see they are weaker.

It makes no sense if good players abusing the game mechanic (by dont play on Gold Server) to fight against weaker players (in Silver/Bronze Server), the problem of dethreating.

If new (or old and weak like me) players becomes frustrated, they are not motivated to play the game further. By stomping the enemy team (you 10 kills, enemy 0-1 kills) you will kill APB the same way like a cheater this do.

So play smarter, give the enemy enough chances, have more fun and help new players! I can read the chat in the districts and it is full of toxicity against other players.

Make community events etc. and stop exploiting game mechanics, this dont helps APB to grow.

If the new engine upgrade is live and no one is left... you know.

No.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I hate having too, sometimes i dont have to try

On 7/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

FnMod_Character_Fragile.png

Description

+14% sprint speed

+14% run speed

-14% health 

- 15/20 % accuracy loss 

Please stop. This suggestion is actually awful. You shouldn't have any sort of accuracy gain or loss from a mod that impacts the character...

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Please stop. This suggestion is actually awful. You shouldn't have any sort of accuracy gain or loss from a mod that impacts the character...

Makes it even worse than fragile is now.

15 hours ago, RespectThis said:

I am not certainly a game developer but if u may look/ played at  other fps games where there are classes or several characters choice,  generally you may see there are some speeder character but with lower health, they may have better accuracy/ precision than a more tanky classes, that's because I guess they have to make count each bullet they fire for arriving closer possible to the ideal ttk and cause of course, they havent the luxury than a tanky class to miss so much shots.

I dont retain it so awful, as I told before certainly it need a (heavy) painstaking work... so better tell not so functional with that loose team  is balancing the weapons in game 

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Makes it even worse than fragile is now.

Not really, if anything the contrary, a character with fragile with that accuracy boost may use weapons better than one without,  so consequently using better weapons arent exactly meta, so a better widepool weapons choices.

Imagine of having a Obeya with CJ2/3 + Heavy barrel 2 (buff from Fragile without drawbacks)... I guess we'll have something very close to the old Obeya  before the nerf

- Shaw with Muzzle break (red mode) + Heavy barrel 2 (buff from Fragile without drawbacks) kinda of behemoth gun until 70m ... Trouble maker with fragile.. ehm pass 🥺 XD

As I told Applying just like that fragile isnt functional, but also too just increase the speed in general here we have to be cautious otherwise it means to return as years ago where u may shoot while spiriting and bi-shot anyone with fragile+ shotgun/ scout..

Edited by PingOVER9000
grammar errors :3

6 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Not really, if anything the contrary, a character with fragile with that accuracy boost may use weapons better than one without,  so consequently using better weapons are exactly meta, so a better widepool weapons choices.

Whoops I read that as it makes your accuracy worse.

Still shit cause you lose health.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

The Formula is:

Speed + Damage - Armor/Health

This can have negative numbers!

Example:

+10% Speed +10% Damage - 20% Armor/Health

Thats hiw Triagon works.

6 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

The Formula is:

Example:

Thats hiw Triagon works.

ok first off that's not a triangle, because increased damage partially removes the downside of decreased health

any mod that increases damage is horrible for balance because it means everything in the game essentially needs 2 versions - one that works with "standard" damage and one that works with increased damage

then increased damage becomes mandatory, because why would you ever voluntarily do less damage?

12 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

The Formula is:

Example:

Thats hiw Triagon works.

I think I just unlearned my decades worth of mathematics teaching.

This is the balancing forumla in nearly every game.

If you have more Armor/Health you do lesser damage (typical tank role).

If you do more damage, you have lesser Armor/Health (typical damage dealer).

Its the same on weapons, more damage = lesser fire rate etc.

But lesser movement speed, like from Kevlar is more negative then do lesser damage, because movement speed = evasion.

Dear god, mod or blob pls, anybody make it stop, i am bleeding out of every hole of my body.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:09 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

I am not certainly a game developer but if u may look/ played at  other fps games where there are classes or several characters choice,  generally you may see there are some speeder character but with lower health, they may have better accuracy/ precision than a more tanky classes, that's because I guess they have to make count each bullet they fire for arriving closer possible to the ideal ttk and cause of course, they havent the luxury than a tanky class to miss so much shots.

I dont retain it so awful, as I told before certainly it need a (heavy) painstaking work... so better tell not so functional with that loose team  is balancing the weapons in game 

Well the problem with this idea is that APB has never been a class based shooter. Which is why changes to things like accuracy for things like fragile would be a terrible idea. The core game mechanics for APB are in place already. Its an arcade shooter. Which is why I will never understand the dislike for so many of the retro like aspects of it that people keep wanting removed. Jumpshots for example. Anyway mods in APB are there to slightly tweak character stats or weapon functionality. Hence the one pro and one con that all mods present you with. When you start to turn it into a class based shooter you start to create a larger divide between whats good and bad. As it stands now every mod in APB is player preference because they are all pretty evened out and allow for players to pick them based on their preference. The moment you start adding increased accuracy or bonus damage onto mods you start creating very meta mods. Which doing so will only hurt APB's freedom of mod choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Well the problem with this idea is that APB has never been a class based shooter. Which is why changes to things like accuracy for things like fragile would be a terrible idea. The core game mechanics for APB are in place already. Its an arcade shooter. Which is why I will never understand the dislike for so many of the retro like aspects of it that people keep wanting removed. Jumpshots for example. Anyway mods in APB are there to slightly tweak character stats or weapon functionality. Hence the one pro and one con that all mods present you with. When you start to turn it into a class based shooter you start to create a larger divide between whats good and bad. As it stands now every mod in APB is player preference because they are all pretty evened out and allow for players to pick them based on their preference. The moment you start adding increased accuracy or bonus damage onto mods you start creating very meta mods. Which doing so will only hurt APB's freedom of mod choice. 

Kinda agreed into thick lines with your thoughts.

So what is your suggestion for making fragile a competitive mod, reminding you in past fragile was op, especially in close ranges and ages ago with the possibility to shoot while sprinting ?

I would like to hear it 😶.

7 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

This is the balancing forumla in nearly every game.

If you have more Armor/Health you do lesser damage (typical tank role).

If you do more damage, you have lesser Armor/Health (typical damage dealer).

Its the same on weapons, more damage = lesser fire rate etc.

But lesser movement speed, like from Kevlar is more negative then do lesser damage, because movement speed = evasion.

Kevlar is enough tanky and good if you think it as a  situational mod, and do its figure in cqc locations/ maps ( and with certain weapons) .

At best if LO will decide to make a rebalance, maybe eh, maybe.. The buff I would like to see/  give a try for making it more versatile may be a -25 or 50% recharge time to use consumables (but before nerf a little more the shield durability XD)

Edited by PingOVER9000

4 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Kinda agreed into thick lines with your thoughts.

So what is your suggestion for making fragile a competitive mod, reminding you in past fragile was op, especially in close ranges and ages ago with the possibility to shoot while sprinting ?

I would like to hear it 😶.

I still think it is a competitive mod. As I said mods don't need to drastically stand out. Its a playstyle choice. Nothing about fragile has changed. Its the shift in weapon usage and nerfs/buffs that would be effecting it more. With the meta right now being more pmgs and shotguns its harder to live with fragile due to sacrificing a percent of your health pool. Where as before it was more mid range combat so you weren't always facing predominantly cqc weapons. Which is probably why it seems worse now than it may have been in the past. But ya, I don't think its in need of any buff. You're gambling your health for the extra movement speed. For flanking objectives faster or being quicker in combat. Just the risk of lowering your own health pool.

7 hours ago, RespectThis said:

I still think it is a competitive mod. As I said mods don't need to drastically stand out. Its a playstyle choice. Nothing about fragile has changed. Its the shift in weapon usage and nerfs/buffs that would be effecting it more. With the meta right now being more pmgs and shotguns its harder to live with fragile due to sacrificing a percent of your health pool. Where as before it was more mid range combat so you weren't always facing predominantly cqc weapons. Which is probably why it seems worse now than it may have been in the past. But ya, I don't think its in need of any buff. You're gambling your health for the extra movement speed. For flanking objectives faster or being quicker in combat. Just the risk of lowering your own health pool.

Tested yesterday:

I tried to make 10 matchs with fragile one time, other 10 ones with fragile (+ healing spray), both with premade team.

With fragile a die a lot of more times (a little more of  + 1/3 deaths than with CA3),  unfortunately not just shotguns (pmg or other cqc weapons users didnt give a lot of trouble strangely ) but also explosive weapons (OPGL/ Osnaw etc),  nades, some scout users gave me really a bad time XD.

missions with 6/8+ players I feel it harder than with CA3, but I noted I perfomed a lot better in mission 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3  than with CA3.

CA3 seem still superior, but probabily I need to change something about playstyle, after some thoughts and behaviour change It's not so bad playing with fragile, 

Self note: PIG+ Fragile is freaking awesome XD

You are become immortal with Clotting Agent 3, thats why the mod is the most used in the game, it is overpowered.

56 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Tested yesterday:

I tried to make 10 matchs with fragile one time, other 10 ones with fragile (+ healing spray), both with premade team.

With fragile a die a lot of more times (a little more of  + 1/3 deaths than with CA3),  unfortunately not just shotguns (pmg or other cqc weapons users didnt give a lot of trouble strangely ) but also explosive weapons (OPGL/ Osnaw etc),  nades, some scout users gave me really a bad time XD.

missions with 6/8+ players I feel it harder than with CA3, but I noted I perfomed a lot better in mission 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3  than with CA3.

CA3 seem still superior, but probabily I need to change something about playstyle, after some thoughts and behaviour change It's not so bad playing with fragile, 

Self note: PIG+ Fragile is freaking awesome XD

Try not to confuse something being harder to use with being underpowered. It is harder because you are lowering your own health therefore making it easier to kill you. Being able to take one less bullet makes all the difference in APB. That's why you have to adapt around that. Its like using Flak Jacket. Sure you can take more nade damage but it also means you have slower recovery time so you're more vulnerable to being killed due to your decreased recover time compared to CA2/3. Ya larger matches will make it much harder due to the number of people who can hit you at a time. 

52 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

You are become immortal with Clotting Agent 3, thats why the mod is the most used in the game, it is overpowered.

Not even close to immortal. Its the most used because its strong against longer ranged engagements/chip damage. Also because people don't want to damper their movement speed or decrease their overall health pool. You do realize that CA actually does have a downside. CA3 your health regen starts very quickly but the amount you heal is very minimal. Its not very good against extremely hard hitting weapons. Just because its picked more doesn't make it overpowered in the slightest.