Todesklinge

Why is APB so an unfair game?

everyone is saying Fragile is useless, I personally love to use it 😄

On 7/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, Todesklinge said:

bla bla

Other people answered you and I am more and less especially with Ghost (except about Bloody Mary, that weapon is decent if u are playing difensively/ using covers or using as finisher with certain primary, otherwise it's kinda garbage for the slow bloom recovery..)

Kevlar 3 is may be helpful in close ranges, but out of it make you too vulnerable in open fields, so here of course the reason why u retain snipers and ntec overpowered in your opinion, surely you are just a free kill every time out from a cover.

QUESTION: How much fps and especially latency do u have while playing APB?

I guess mainly your problem are in this question above (and your recent playstyle), no possible after years you may have problem against "pro" only for using crap load out, the main matters are certainly others (the only thing may give a problem after you have played apb for a while are awesome TEAMS, single are all beatable, ""exploite users"" not include of course ).

About Fps, advanced launcher and lower resolations (for ex 1440x900 until 800x 600)  may give you better fps' perfomance and also I feel it like lower resolation made me easier to aim.

About latency eh... if you want to play competitive you need a good latency, better latency = faster reactions, here not a lot to beat around the bush if you cant have better.

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

14 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

I have created an very good and balanced rework for all green modifications on the suggestion forum, but no one from the dev team take an view on it.

This gives the game more ways to choose and not to use CA3 only.

"very good and balanced rework"

I'm speechless. These are just spewed out ideas without any thought behind them.

All the changes you suggested make mods absolutely useless (see Clotting Agent) or overpowered (see Fragile, Kevlar, Flak Jacket).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I'm speechless. These are just spewed out ideas without any thought behind them.

All the changes you suggested make mods absolutely useless (see Clotting Agent) or overpowered (see Fragile, Kevlar, Flak Jacket).

Again agreed..

mods are supposed to be trade-offs
just like Hunting Sight ruins hipfire accuracy, CA3 takes longer to reach full health

Yep but also make weapons such as Scout (especially) and Ursus (in some case) etc... the need one extra shot if not fired soon enough.

Edited by PingOVER9000

9 hours ago, n0vaxp2 said:

But if the mods are supposed to be like sidegrades (i.e. the benefits and downsides of the mod equal out) then not using a green mod at all should be just as viable as using one, right? Yet that's not what we see in game. Buffing the other green mods to be as competitive as Clotting Agent would arguably be even worse because then there's absolutely no reason to not use a green mod, further screwing over new players. These mods should provide a change in play style, not be an overall upgrade.

Because that's impossible to achieve more or less, asymmetric game design is a lot harder than symmetrical game design. If you have mods that are supposed to have up and down sides, no matter how you twist and turn it, there will always be a "better" alternative. This is why CA3 is the strongest compared to other green mods, cause it fits in APB's game mechanics way better than anything else currently.

And to be fair, they should just make CA3 the default green mod at this point, basically giving the CA3 stat modifiers as the default values. 

I have heard people say that if you do this then things like flack jacket will be OP cause you get the reduced explosion damage modifier + the health regen of CA3, tho this is not how it would work in practice, as all they would have to do is make it so that flack jacket adds the same health modifying values as the current no green mod setup, aka default health regen.

So it would work exactly the same as it does now as if you made the change.

Also APB should be balanced around CA3, not the other way around, as the game becomes way too sluggish without it. 

Also they should just remove Kevlar at this point, I don't see how they could buff it without making it either OP or just even more niche. Currently it's just an annoyance, it handicaps its user, and annoys enemy players, as you aren't really harder to kill, just slightly slower, which means that at MOST you save yourself 1 death from player 1, but you're now 85 and is gonna get killed anyway. So at most, kev3 gives the user like, 1 "free" kill in very very specific situations lol.

Edited by Tenginima

10 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Other people answered you and I am more and less especially with Ghost (except about Bloody Mary, that weapon is decent if u are playing difensively/ using covers or using as finisher with certain primary, otherwise it's kinda garbage for the slow bloom recovery..)

Kevlar 3 is may be helpful in close ranges, but out of it make you too vulnerable in open fields, so here of course the reason why u retain snipers and ntec overpowered in your opinion, surely you are just a free kill every time out from a cover.

QUESTION: How much fps and especially latency do u have while playing APB?

I guess mainly your problem are in this question above (and your recent playstyle), no possible after years you may have problem against "pro" only for using crap load out, the main matters are certainly others (the only thing may give a problem after you have played apb for a while are awesome TEAMS, single are all beatable, ""exploite users"" not include of course ).

About Fps, advanced launcher and lower resolations (for ex 1440x900 until 800x 600)  may give you better fps' perfomance and also I feel it like lower resolation made me easier to aim.

About latency eh... if you want to play competitive you need a good latency, better latency = faster reactions, here not a lot to beat around the bush if you cant have better.

Bye

It is not a computer problem. I am playing in 4k with 100 fps. The enemys make sprint shoting and i cant hit them. They are sprint shoting from left to right and reverse.

10 hours ago, GhosT said:

Every suggestion is an concepr that need to be tested. And my suggestion is perfecr for the game to give much alternative game play.

Actually we have only one option (CA3) and nothing other, thats limit and cut down the game play on APB.

It makes no sense if you have over 100 weapons but you are forcing the players to use just the same 5 of 100.

Same for green mods. There is only CA3 and thats all. Why also adding character mods to the game if every player is forced ro uae CA3, because there is no alternative choose?

With my Suggestions, every Player can find a green mod that suits the own play style better.

We actually dont have sneaky game play... why not? The only way to get to mission onject is to spawn grenades... only grenades.

Balancing is the way to have much alternative options of game play!

When fragile 🏃 entered  in game i tough : "finally, i can speed a bit!".

Totally wrong.

Not only the speed increase was ridiculous, but the health reduction was so bad that a player have to stay hold and covered before any move decision , waiting for dont become an instant kill free.

Kv3 is the only antilag latency protection for the 60/50 fps legit player.

When I read the weapon stats I have the sensation that there is another time unit in USA, cause the average official ttk is 0.7/0.6 but I can assure that the legit player with medium fps setting never go under 1 / 1.5 full second with assault or any weapon. Also with 100% hit landing.

1 hour ago, Todesklinge said:

It is not a computer problem. I am playing in 4k with 100 fps. The enemys make sprint shoting and i cant hit them. They are sprint shoting from left to right and reverse.

That's a problem with your aim then.

31 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's a problem with your aim then.

You mean every one need a 100% accuracy rate to have a chance in this game?

Do you thinking every player can do this?

Do you read the forum about Topics like "... cheaters..." ?

Or you just ignore that?

Steam reviews are full of this.

Edited by Todesklinge
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Or you just ignore that?

You're getting outstrafed and your aim can't keep up. Pretty simple answer.

• Thanks 1

Or you just ignore that?

I can't imagine how boring the game would be if it was made easy enough that any potato can consistently hit every shot.

No, not every player can aim perfectly. If you honestly struggle tracking players in APB, maybe shooters aren't the games you should play.

Steam reviews are full of negative entries because it's "pay2win", which has only been that way for a couple months the last decade, and people crying about cheaters when it's actually just a better player most of the time.

Man, I love these "I want the game to fit my play-style and ONLY my play-style" threads. Not one of these kind of OPs ever think about how to make the game better for everyone, but only for one's self.

10 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

9 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Or you just ignore that?

Reading above, Seem like you have some ISP connection matter or just not excatly a game connection.

Making a example, I play with 120 fps but after I change house from a fiber connection of 1gb with 8/35 ms  to a barely adsl of 7mb with 60/100 ms, I meet your same problem (not against all but a good part ).

For ex. I was a very aggresive player and main Oscar and quite decent with it, now for me using it become quite a RNG fest (or a lot kills or just a lot assists XD), switch to secondary 6/7 perfect shots with fbw was easy, while now I changed playstyle and playing a little more difensivily give me better result than playing as before.

It's not they are cheating, it's just the server register and receive/ sent data, their connection make them faster, their bullets fire little faster, their movements is little faster and they see u react slower, then APB servers we know are kinda meh, so there the reasons of a lot people every week come in forum blaiming about crap hitreg, ghostshots etc...

Ok surely we have cheaters and aimbot, every game have them, but you will find weird thinking all people are better than you are cheaters, reason are of couse others.

Competitive talking this game it's easy to play compared to other fps, TTK are longer, hitboxes are kinda big, no need godlike aim for get some satisfaction.

11 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

When fragile 🏃 entered  in game i tough : "finally, i can speed a bit!".

Totally wrong.

Not only the speed increase was ridiculous, but the health reduction was so bad that a player have to stay hold and covered before any move decision , waiting for dont become an instant kill free.

Kv3 is the only antilag latency protection for the 60/50 fps legit player.

When I read the weapon stats I have the sensation that there is another time unit in USA, cause the average official ttk is 0.7/0.6 but I can assure that the legit player with medium fps setting never go under 1 / 1.5 full second with assault or any weapon. Also with 100% hit landing.

Fragile need some love certainly, but not the ones proposed from @Todesklinge in game suggestion.

In some fps games there are characters you may choose, for ex. I remind of a old fps one where you may choose between several characters where one character was like more thanky with more health/ regeneration and another less thanky with average health but a little speeder and suffer less from weapon spread/ recoil.

Maybe adding the bonus of HB1FnMod_Weapon_HeavyBarrel1.png or HB2 FnMod_Weapon_HeavyBarrel2.png without its malus, it may become a effective choice (or OP with some weapons? XD, probabily will need to spend quite a time for testing a change some value. )

FnMod_Character_Fragile.png

Description

+14% sprint speed

+14% run speed

-14% health 

- 15/20 % accuracy loss 

On 7/15/2020 at 11:24 PM, Todesklinge said:

There are so many enemys with Sniper + Oca Nano,

Heavy HVR/PSR are ruined since the last nerf, also most players choose FBW instead of Nano, because FBW is better overall, Nano is better choice with LTL though.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Todesklinge said:

Clotting Agent 3, this is the only green character Modification that have NO Downsides in the game. Its overpowered in every situation.

I too enjoy getting 1-tapped by an HVR after my screen is clear and I think I'm gucci to keep pushing. 😉

@Todesklinge I have no idea who you are (I'm assuming EU) than from the forum, but holy smokes... You're completely delusional and it's kinda creepy.

Edited by EvaPooh

27 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Heavy HVR/PSR are ruined since the last nerf,

ruined is a strong word

hvr gameplay definitely feels annoyingly clunky but 850 damage makes up for a lot

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Heavy HVR/PSR are ruined since the last nerf, 

'ruined'

Still the most OP thing in the game. Okay.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:40 AM, Todesklinge said:

100 fps is not good enough to track players well especially with all the frame drops. 

I have chated with some beginners in APB and they told me, the game play and mechanics are unfair in the game and they have quit the game.

But APB need more players to survive, not lesser.

If the engine upgrades comes... the grafics becomes better, yes. But the old unbalanced problems exist further.

Thats why i have created a topic about to make APB new in Unreal Engine 4->5 to remove the problems of the game balance.

It is more simple and easy to create a new game in Unreal Engine 4, most of the parts are allready in the game (UE 3.0).

I am talking about Hitboxes, Resistances, Damage System, stamina system etc.

Maybe on 2021/2022 there is GTA 6 coming and that means with multiplayer too (like in GTA 5 Online), where whould be APB at this time?

APB need to be better than GTA 6 to surivive!

• Like 1

I started very frustrated too, it was one of the most challenging thing ever experienced... which made it so addictive with time lol... now no matter how much i suck at it, the fact that i'm now fully developed keeps me here to enjoy the most of the times sad gameplay, and experimenting with new weapons, this game keeps giving recently, and that;s besides what keeps me loving it.

I mean there is no game that will keep u playing after you realized its pointless...  trust me, its the only game i ever invested in lol, cuz i love it way too much.

Previous games were meh... i can't find something that can represent me in my avatar as well, i just love that my avatar looks like i would love to look... it has so much personal attachments detail that i was never able to leave it for good... was hoping so many time to get banned permanently, as they had severe policy, but it didn't happen, cuz i trolled at most, but never cheated.

Then again it depends on your basic tastes, this game is certainly for a specific taste that new generation will hardly enjoy.

According to experience that is... this game will never appeal to the most, but to the few sadly.

There were points i thought this game is pure demonic for some reason.... but its just a game, that was made with a llot of money, and that it has a big potential to be addictive no matter what.

It all depends on what u generally enjoy playing, and trust me... i never play any common games at all, cuz they mostly are somehow expired in concept, especially cuz they copy each other the most, and there is no point in playing any of it, unless u are a cheap tasted player.

Then again listen to others, i have a very bad reputation here, so i might be wrong in my opinion.

I still get very frustrated, but i try to control it by disabling chat so that i don't deal with other trolls... the main reason i became a troll myself.

I would like to thank the mods for doing their jobs right.

Thank you guys, and srry for whatever... you have been WAY too patient with me... and if u ban me in the future, i will never hold a grudge, i always deserved to be permanently banned, i just keep dodging bullets through years cuz of low population i guess...

Edited by Vnight

Thats why i have created a topic about to make APB new in Unreal Engine 4->5 to remove the problems of the game balance.

It is more simple and easy to create a new game in Unreal Engine 4, most of the parts are allready in the game (UE 3.0).

I am talking about Hitboxes, Resistances, Damage System, stamina system etc.

Maybe on 2021/2022 there is GTA 6 coming and that means with multiplayer too (like in GTA 5 Online), where whould be APB at this time?

your grasp of reality is tenuous at best

3 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Better or be good and different than GTA 6, what APB definitely has over GTA 5 is character customization and that is part of what makes it great. Another thing I think APB does better than GTA is PVP, GTA 5 is definitely more of a coop-pve game than pvp (not to say it doesn't have its pvp modes.

But APB probably wont reach a level of triple A, comparing APB to other titles it definitely sits at indie level.

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

Better or be good and different than GTA 6, what APB definitely has over GTA 5 is character customization and that is part of what makes it great. Another thing I think APB does better than GTA is PVP, GTA 5 is definitely more of a coop-pve game than pvp (not to say it doesn't have its pvp modes.

But APB probably wont reach a level of triple A, comparing APB to other titles it definitely sits at indie level.

The PvP in GTA 5 was and still is stupid and confusing. There's no game mode where you just run around on foot and shoot each other. At least, that I could find.

This was when it first came out, so idk if it's better now.

Edited by EvaPooh

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

The PvP in GTA 5 was and still is stupid and confusing. There's no game mode where you just run around on foot and shoot each other. At least, that I could find.

There was a team deathmatch mode I had played, but I didn't play gta for pvp so I sucked at it. So in regards to gameplay APB is different than GTA which is a good thing

It would be like two gas stations right next to each other, except one sells diesel so both stations are relevant