Todesklinge

Why is APB so an unfair game?

I am very frustrated about APB and its game play.

I like the game very much, but its become more and more unbalanced.

Have rent the "Corsair" Shotgun and... i can not do kills, but i like the gun.

There are so many enemys with Sniper + Oca Nano, they can defeat me in the half of the time i need to kill they (i have Kevlar 3 = +30% HP), i dont unstand this unlogic.

For an Example's:

Oca Nano is a full automatic secondary sniper pistole.

I have the Bloody Mary and i am lose every 1:1 in close combat. I was thinking the Bloody Mary do more damage at close range, but its wrong.

That means, Bloody Mary and some other Pistoles like the ATC 44 "Last Stand" (i like this too), are total useless compared to Oca Nano.

NTec 5 and 7 "Ursus", they are total unbalanced assault rifles with big damage, accuracy for every distance and situation.

There are sooooo much Players with NTec 7 "Ursus" and they are dominate the gameplay in every match, this is horrible!

Clotting Agent 3, this is the only green character Modification that have NO Downsides in the game. Its overpowered in every situation.

I am playing with Kevlar 3 over years (because i have a low aiming speed, so i am forced in every game to compensate this with more HP, to have a chance).

But with Kevlar 3 i dont become more HP, Enemys can hit me better (because i am slower), i need longer time to reach mission objects and i cant not reach "special jumping places", because i am to slow in running/jumping-range. Non Kevlar 3 user can evade income enemy vehicles easy, but i can not... so i am getting killed much times without to have a chance to evade. CA3 have max speed and easy gameplay.

Heavy Weapons doubles me down as regular.

Have tested Fragile and Flakjacket too and they are absolute bad and useless.

Also why is Clotting Agent 3 so total broken OP?

Over 99% of all Players in APB uses CA3, why there is no balance patch, like +10% take extra damage for an compensation.

My skill is higher then average, but thats all, so why i am forced to play against pro gamers, i can not beat them?

I see many other players they are get frustrated too if they (or we as team) have an impossible to defeating, enemy team.

Why there are so much weapons ins the game, but most of them are dont get used, because some weapons (like Ntec 7 "Ursus") can replace much in one?

What is the difference, betweend an PRO GAMER and an CHEATER?

This is the most question in the game, i do many reports but i cant see any results.

How can YOU see if an enemy is an cheater or just an very skilled gamer?

I know the Engine Upgrades comes and after this we are getting rebalancing... maybe, but how to rebalance this game if some weapons and combinations are Godlike and "weaker" guns have no chance to get taken by players?

• Like 3

The only unfair aspect of the game I see are the mods.

The max rank of any mod should be rank 80.  The rank 195 mods are game changers and it is not fair that newer players can't really access them easily.  You can rent them but unless you are willing to spend a lot of real money on Joker Tickets, most new players aren't going to be able to farm enough tickets from contacts each week to keep more than a couple active.

• Like 9

All mentioned called a Meta, they use it, cuz it if not op, but certainly help (and don't require much IQ to use lmao). Yes, much guns need buff, but some of them are total shit (like Harbinger/Norseman), some is playable (like Misery/Oblivion)

I'm personally use Oblivion, it's very helpful with PIG, but still deserves a little buff.

Edited by Nagletz

no one?... ok I'll do it...

another quality todesklinge thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dear god.

Okay, let me try.

• Corsair? It's a very mediocre gun that only works out well if you can properly aim. It has a drop-off at 30m where it quickly becomes a 5STK so keep that in mind.

• Sniper + OCA Nano? What year is it?

It is among one of the worst secondaries, and the UL-3 series (including Bloody Mary) can easily outgun the nano when you know what you're doing with it. You can't just full auto your whole mag, you gotta do long bursts (~8 shots) and regain accuracy.

• The ACT 44 is a viable mid range secondary, one of the best secondaries around right now.

• N-TEC 5 and N-TEC 7 are argueable. Never really seen much of a problem with the 7. 5 seems to be more or less in a good spot right now but could use some fine tuning in my opinion.

• Clotting Agent 3 has the downside that you're <100hp for a long time unless you stay out of a fight for a longer time. It's fine.

• You're the only one to blame if you still refuse to unequip Kevlar 3. It does not help your slower aiming skills, if anything it does the opposite.

The rest of your issues with it are merely downsides it has. Kevlar 3 is in a bad place and needs changes but theres more important things right now.

• Heavy weapons slow you down? Well they're supposed to. Switch to your sidearm to run faster.

• Fragile is rather useless, yes.

• Flak Jacket has its use but removes one of your grenades, which are very much needed in APB.

• CA3 is not broken. People always use CA2 and 3 depending on their playstyles/ranges.

Why? Because the only alternatives aren't good enough. They need a buff.

• Your balance suggestions are, once again, extremely out of place. +10% damage for CA users?

You said you want the HVR to deal 550 damage so your Kevlar would tank two shots, and even less damage for the scout.

Let that sink in.

• You get matched with "pro gamers" because the population is incredibly slow and matchmaking simply can't exist now. It doesn't help that you cripple yourself with Kevlar.

• There are "so much weapons ins the game" because APB is about customization and having options. Unfortunately the balance is all over the place, and metas will always be a thing. You can't make every single gun as good as others, because then you'd have a call of duty where every single gun feels the same and the game becomes boring.

• There's quite a difference between pro gamers and cheaters. You can be both at once too, surprised_pikachu.png.

Your reports do nothing because you don't get any feedback, and most of the people you report are probably not cheating.

• You can't tell if someones cheating by simply looking or specating them, especially not in APB where there are MANY ways to tell peoples positions.

A wallhack or radar is never detectable if the cheater knows what hes doing.

Oh and ehmagherd concurrsions OP!!!

Yea. Another quality Todesklinge thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are making it unfair for yourself, you are putting yourself in a disadvantage and you are ignorant, don't even bother to actually learn the game or improve. But if you enjoy playing with that setup that's on you and the game does get frustrating at times every player who played this game has experience so you ain't the only one.

Your skill level is higher than an average bronze, you choose weapons that are bad a corsair and a bloodymarry? try using other weapons that you are good at, not because you like it and use clotting agent 3. These are some easy weapons that you can try NTEC, MANIC, ATAC, NHVR, OBEYA, OCA or PMG, and maybe car detonator with percs.

You say you had poor aim, why not try improving your aim first? not just compensating with KEVLAR 3. try experimenting with mouse sensitivity & dpi. 

if you have a poor computer try upgrading. 

If you don't know I have no hope for you, playing apb over the years and you still don't know what you doing wrong mind boggles me. good luck ~

Edited by Deadliest

5 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Clotting Agent 3, this is the only green character Modification that have NO Downsides in the game. Its overpowered in every situation.

It's a hot take but I have to agree here. The downsides to Clotting Agent are minuscule compared to the benefits. People claim it isn't unbalanced but the vast majority of high ranked players use it. Just go in any silver or fight club district and say "Clotting Agent is broken" and check to see who tells you it isn't. Like clockwork, 90% of them are using it. People will shit on you for saying it but it's just because they don't want their crutch taken away.

To anyone who disagrees:

If it's not broken then why is it so overused? Surely if it were balanced then we'd see a lot more people choosing not to use it so they don't have to deal with the drawbacks of it.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

I used to use CA 3 but since have switched to 2 and have been enjoying it more so that 3 so between 2 and 3 is preference. Any thing lower and you're most likely at a disadvantage when fighting someone who does have CA. I would like to see CA 2 be the norm (since it is a balance of 50% faster regen but 50% longer to fully regen) and thus removing the mod entirely. But that's my opinion.

Players with NTec 7 "Ursus" and they are dominate the gameplay in every match, this is horrible!

Definitely not true. The ursus is no longer the big bad gun it used to be, It sucks up close and at range but dominates in the middle.

Oca Nano is a full automatic secondary sniper pistol

Oca Nano used to be a no skill weapon, but has evolved to be what it's supposed to be, a side arm. So trying to kill someone at their full health is just not gonna cut it with this specific side arm. I myself am more of a Nunavut person or golden ACT. 

Have rent the "Corsair" Shotgun and... i can not do kills, but i like the gun

I recently rented the corsair, its......okay.... its supposed to be a slug shotgun but the range really needs to be buffed imo not too much range that it out does snipers

but say enough that its a three shot at further than it's current range. Otherwise fun gun

I am playing with Kevlar 3 over years (because i have a low aiming speed, so i am forced in every game to compensate this with more HP, to have a chance).

Kevlar is a bit odd, I love using it in tandem with an LMG for the juggernaut load out (more of a meme and a fun time than something that actually works well) Kev 3 is bad because like u said it makes you slow, and in apb being the one to get shot less will aid u in the victory, meaning you can't really tank damage in this game and staying on the move will be what keeps you alive longer. (IMO)

This is the most question in the game, i do many reports but i cant see any results.

Ive asked myself this many times as well, because u see pros sprint jump with medium obj and that is what is called an exploit, so in that sense they are using an exploit to give them an advantage over players like myself that don't yet know how to do that maneuver. So technically they are cheating. Plus picking out cheaters is hard in this game but you can for sure pick out who the try hards are in a game that is as old as APB is. 

We got such threads weekly...

...But this one is from veteran? Oh my.

10 hours ago, 404 said:

i give up

There is still HOPE dont give up !! 🙂 (pro gamer)

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

Another issue are the players they do crouch/standup shoting in fast rotation.

They take cover and hit you, but you can not shot back because the enemy is every time in cover again.

Place mission objects on bad positions etc.

Clotting Agent 3 is the most used green mod in the game.

I can tell you straight forward - I know this game and its mechanics too much, but I simply su*k at aiming. IMO learn aiming better and you won’t have any problems with whatever oposition you face.

I have created an very good and balanced rework for all green modifications on the suggestion forum, but no one from the dev team take an view on it.

This gives the game more ways to choose and not to use CA3 only.

5 hours ago, n0vaxp2 said:

It's a hot take but I have to agree here. The downsides to Clotting Agent are minuscule compared to the benefits. People claim it isn't unbalanced but the vast majority of high ranked players use it. Just go in any silver or fight club district and say "Clotting Agent is broken" and check to see who tells you it isn't. Like clockwork, 90% of them are using it. People will shit on you for saying it but it's just because they don't want their crutch taken away.

To anyone who disagrees:

If it's not broken then why is it so overused? Surely if it were balanced then we'd see a lot more people choosing not to use it so they don't have to deal with the drawbacks of it.

It's overused because the other green mods are absolute garbage, with flack jacket being an exception as it can sometimes be good. Clotting Agent is fine on its own, just buff/rework the other mods.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, Todesklinge said:

But with Kevlar 3 i dont become more HP, Enemys can hit me better (because i am slower), i need longer time to reach mission objects and i cant not reach "special jumping places", because i am to slow in running/jumping-range. Non Kevlar 3 user can evade income enemy vehicles easy, but i can not... so i am getting killed much times without to have a chance to evade. CA3 have max speed and easy gameplay.

Over 99% of all Players in APB uses CA3, why there is no balance patch, like +10% take extra damage for an compensation.

todesklinge, never change

kevlar 3 needs to buffed to 10x the hp so you can score kills, we get it

how many forum threads did we get about this now?

did we really need them?

On 7/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, Todesklinge said:

I have created an very good and balanced rework for all green modifications on the suggestion forum, but no one from the dev team take an view on it.

This gives the game more ways to choose and not to use CA3 only.

very balanced indeed. surely. that's why it only gets positive replies.

edit: lmao looking at it again, flak jacket +1 grenade/-40  EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE taken or -1/-80

lol. what in the world. how were you not hired yet? LO and G1 are/were missing out on serious talent.

Edited by neophobia

13 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

I am very frustrated about APB and its game play.

I like the game very much, but its become more and more unbalanced.

Have rent the "Corsair" Shotgun and... i can not do kills, but i like the gun.

There are so many enemys with Sniper + Oca Nano, they can defeat me in the half of the time i need to kill they (i have Kevlar 3 = +30% HP), i dont unstand this unlogic.

For an Example's:

Oca Nano is a full automatic secondary sniper pistole.

I have the Bloody Mary and i am lose every 1:1 in close combat. I was thinking the Bloody Mary do more damage at close range, but its wrong.

That means, Bloody Mary and some other Pistoles like the ATC 44 "Last Stand" (i like this too), are total useless compared to Oca Nano.

NTec 5 and 7 "Ursus", they are total unbalanced assault rifles with big damage, accuracy for every distance and situation.

There are sooooo much Players with NTec 7 "Ursus" and they are dominate the gameplay in every match, this is horrible!

My skill is higher then average, but thats all, so why i am forced to play against pro gamers, i can not beat them?

I see many other players they are get frustrated too if they (or we as team) have an impossible to defeating, enemy team.

Why there are so much weapons ins the game, but most of them are dont get used, because some weapons (like Ntec 7 "Ursus") can replace much in one?

I know the Engine Upgrades comes and after this we are getting rebalancing... maybe, but how to rebalance this game if some weapons and combinations are Godlike and "weaker" guns have no chance to get taken by players?

Crippled gamers unite. Also this grammar gave me pneumonia. 

13 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

My skill is higher then average

i somehow dont believe this

• Like 2

Todesklinge + kevlar = ❤️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, n0vaxp2 said:

To anyone who disagrees:

If it's not broken then why is it so overused?

Because the alternatives are shit.

It's not that CA is broken, it's that the other options are garbage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This. Fragile got a direct nerf the moment G1 unnecessarily nerfed sprintshooting. Flak jacket effectively had the same problem with the low yield nerf.

Meanwhile kevlar is just all round bad and I abandon every mission where I see a teammate using it. Having that bit of extra health doesn't make up for being slower than an 90 year old on a zimmer frame.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

But if the mods are supposed to be like sidegrades (i.e. the benefits and downsides of the mod equal out) then not using a green mod at all should be just as viable as using one, right? Yet that's not what we see in game. Buffing the other green mods to be as competitive as Clotting Agent would arguably be even worse because then there's absolutely no reason to not use a green mod, further screwing over new players. These mods should provide a change in play style, not be an overall upgrade.

I talk about this alot with my friend.... they need to just make having no green mod as if you have clotting agent 3 and remove the clotting agent line.

change kevlar so that its like having clotting 1 and 2 or no clotting the higher you go. so kevlar 1 would be clotting 2, kevlar 2 would be clotting 1 and kevlar 3 would be no clotting.... then remove the movement penalty.

leave fragile and flak unchanged.

the biggest grind in apb is reaching level 40 as a brand new player so that you can finally equip clotting agent 3.

1 hour ago, n0vaxp2 said:

But if the mods are supposed to be like sidegrades

mods are supposed to be trade-offs
just like Hunting Sight ruins hipfire accuracy, CA3 takes longer to reach full health

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

mods are supposed to be trade-offs
just like Hunting Sight ruins hipfire accuracy, CA3 takes longer to reach full health

cooky that's a sidegrade