Sign in to follow this  
PingOVER9000

WTFAST, Battleping , killping... question?

Hi guys,

Tried to check in search, but I didnt find the answers I was looking for about.

I have some question about these VPN programs for online gaming and in theory shall be reduce the ping or should  make it more stable, after I changed house and after some times  unfortunately it seem I cant have a better operator's connection available in my location where I live (it's not excatly so bad, my ping drop from 50 to 100 ms, I can play decently but of course I feel me too slow to react or play against some players (those told me have a fixed ping around 5/ 25 ms 🤣 ... ) than in past when I have the fiber connection.

So my questions:

- Someone (from EU) actually use or used any of them for playing APB  in Citadel servers? Have you see any improvment using them and of about how much less ms than before ?

- Normally from what I read who use it are people with very high latency for playing game overseas, and they see a improvement of their latency than before, but when servers are kinda closer, they didnt get any benefit, is it true?

- Which one do u advice or tried for playing APB?

Thanks in advance, bye

It's a really hit or miss with these services, sometimes your route or ping is better, sometimes it's worse. Nobody can predict what your route or path will be to the server that's entirely decided by the systems.

Try it out if there is a trial period, but I highly doubt it.

Note: saw your signature. I approve.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
  • Like 1

I say you must live up to your name!

Neither your direct-connection nor WTFast will help you achieve a 'PingOVER9000'..

You must use the most bandwidth-restricted, free VPN or even a SOCKS proxy out there. Make sure it is at the end of the world as well. Brazil could be an honorable mention.

Best of luck~

#EmbraceTheMeme

usually those services won't offer better routes than your ISP can, unless your isp has an underdeveloped architecture, which his quite common in eastern Europe.

I'd say don't bother, but who knows, for some people it works and it's worth it, those cases are just, quite rare.

• Thanks 1

just move in next door to the servers :^)

2 hours ago, 404 said:

just move in next door to the servers :^)

🥺

3 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I say you must live up to your name!

Neither your direct-connection nor WTFast will help you achieve a 'PingOVER9000'..

You must use the most bandwidth-restricted, free VPN or even a SOCKS proxy out there. Make sure it is at the end of the world as well. Brazil could be an honorable mention.

Best of luck~

#EmbraceTheMeme

ehm.... ok?..........  🥺 😭

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

usually those services won't offer better routes than your ISP can, unless your isp has an underdeveloped architecture, which his quite common in eastern Europe.

I'd say don't bother, but who knows, for some people it works and it's worth it, those cases are just, quite rare.

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

It's a really hit or miss with these services, sometimes your route or ping is better, sometimes it's worse. Nobody can predict what your route or path will be to the server that's entirely decided by the systems.

Try it out if there is a trial period, but I highly doubt it.

I have kinda your same thoughts, so I guess I have just to give a try and see it how it will go there.... anyway thank you both for your advice.

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Note: saw your signature. I approve.

Thanks you kyouki.

I have some doubts LO will do something soon about it (probabily never, someone it's also against this idea and I/ we will ever know why XD) , but I take the occasion for telling LO is  making a good affair having you as Spct, still thanks for the perfomance matter's tips, you are giving a lot of help to the community.

Here it may be close, Bye

VPN are use to fix routing problems, If you believe your isp is having routing problems while connect to server try using vpn and test the connection they offer free trial.

Edited by Deadliest

exitlag VPN is a good choice...

try it

it reduced my west latency a lot.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

exitlag VPN is a good choice...

try it

it reduced my west latency a lot.

Thank you @Uhtdred, I will give a try too

Sign in to follow this