Javanick

Will Our Weapons That Were Scammed From Us Be Returned?

A question that have been on my mind for awhile is......will it be possible to get back our weapons that were scammed from us?

If so I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Little Orbit

• Thanks 1

Gonna guess no since trading weapons has always been a "do at your own risk" type deal. 

Not sure what LO's stance on this is.

Maybe try support if you want actual answers, no one on the forums knows these answers.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

That would end in like 5000 tickets with people who have been scammed...

Support has always accepted tickets for scamming. And for most players at least once even returned their weapons, they just werent required to.

G1 has had a "1 chance" system where they give your legendaries back ONLY the first time.

Roll back. You get scammed request a trade roll back (the scammers usually delete their characters anyway)

Sorry to drop by and be a buzz killer, but i really hope not!

If you were hacked by someone invading your account and selling off your things, that would be alright to get your items back; but giving items back to people that went full blown greedy on deals like "hey, im trading my AAEPD for a FFA Bullshark" and got 100% scammed would certainly flood the support system with lots of dubious tickets.

I know LO is doing a great job and all, but one thing must be said: They can't hold the entire world on their arms. They must choose wisely what and what not to do.

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 2

Just wait for LO to come up with a much more safer method of trading, simply wait.

I don't think scammed persons should get their weapons/items back, it's their own fault in the first place.

It's common sense to not trust random strangers, especially not on the internet.

And if you get your stuff back, you'll never learn.

• Like 4

Also LO should properly trace and remove all scammed weapons from scammers and strip their new accounts of everything they have traded.

There is an infamous scammer on Citadel who stole at least 5 weapons *from G1's/LO's paying clients* (some of them quit as the result) - he just moved the weapons from throw-away scamming accounts to his main, then passed it further to newly unbanned cheater account. Then he traded a bit and now have full collection of legendary weapons. AFAIK there are multiple tickets against the guy and his accounts yet LO did nothing concrete so far, except for banning throw-away accounts. If anything this is an invitation to do the same for the rest of the player base.

I dont think OP is asking what LO "should" do but rather what they "will" do which again, none of us know.

You made a valid trade. You traded your legendary for a valuable life lesson - seems A-OK.

7 hours ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

Just wait for LO to come up with a much more safer method of trading, simply wait.

LO knows how secure trading can result in gold bots and other detrimental issues, so they may decide to never implement a trade system in APB.

When I was scammed once before, I never got my legendary back. It may have been because I had another one of those legendaries and it didn't matter that I lost one, but still.

8 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

LO knows how secure trading can result in gold bots and other detrimental issues, so they may decide to never implement a trade system in APB.

We already have a secure trade option, it costs 20% of the transaction price though. 🙂

Don't. Encouraging trade is encouraging chinese money bots and black market sell of items for real money outside the game.

At least record trades the classic "Trade then delete my character after moving guns" is pretty obvious And their main keeps the guns.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:12 PM, Javanick said:

A question that have been on my mind for awhile is......will it be possible to get back our weapons that were scammed from us?

If so I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Little Orbit

i don't think its gonna happen but you my friend is a victim of a broken system 
joker boxes should have never been implemented in the first place without a proper trading system.

i do believe LO can one day create like a system that both players can see the placed items before make the trade.

The previous crew that manage this game was only reaching out to players pocket and they didn't care much about the cons on trading legendary items.

I dont know why you didint send support ticket at same time when you were scammed.... at G1 times they were sending back scammed items if you answer those questions:

53utdd.png

I think LO will send you same questions if you send support ticket....

Btw... its only 1 time event ... you wont be getting your item back if you get scammed again.

11h6kwk.png

On 6/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, Poperon said:

Sorry to drop by and be a buzz killer, but i really hope not!

If you were hacked by someone invading your account and selling off your things, that would be alright to get your items back; but giving items back to people that went full blown greedy on deals like "hey, im trading my AAEPD for a FFA Bullshark" and got 100% scammed would certainly flood the support system with lots of dubious tickets.

I know LO is doing a great job and all, but one thing must be said: They can't hold the entire world on their arms. They must choose wisely what and what not to do.

LO needs to implement a fair and safe in-game trading system like other games have so we don't have ridiculous rip-offs... and players poor enough who can't afford the rip-off taxes charged by the in-game market which is why they risk getting scammed in the first place. Punishing players who were victims of a rip-off and allowing the thieves to get away with the goods is even more stupid than 5000 dubious tickets... But yes you're right, because fake tickets would potentially become just another scam. :classic_unsure:

LO should make a trade system like in Warframe. 

2 players trading (with Tax on each item to go for the system)

Placing items and clicking 'Trade' if everything is ok, if 1 of players changing something in trade (after you've seen the items he placed and you press 'Trade') the trade cancels.

I've been trading in Warframe for about 2 years and the trading system there, is just WOW. Secured trade for 2 years, never got scammed or anything.

Yes, it won't solve the problem of the IRL money trades (some scams as well), but still it's easier and safer than using MM in here. 

the middle man thing increased scams.

Lol

I hope support will not reimburse anyone for making trades that are not supported by the game or game mechanics.