Tenginima

Drastic Buff Change Suggestion for Norsemen, specifically ODIN

Aight as the title says, I was thinking a lot about the Norsemen and what could be done with them, and one of the ideas that came to mind, which i'm not sure if it would break the guns or not, is still something I would like to share.

So I will break it up in 3 buff suggestions, each heavier then the other one, to see what would fit. 

First change is simple, a damage buff to make it a 9 STK gun instead of a 10 STK. Personally I don't think this fixes the issue with the Norsemen but I do believe a damage buff would do wonders with them.

Second and this is the more significant one, how about we make the inherent weapon mods of all the Norsemen (the runes I can't recall their name) in the weapon stats themselves, rather then being mods. So for instance, the ODIN would have all the different Norsemen mods, but it would be part of the gun itself while also being a 3 slot weapon. 

Yes that means that you can put CJ3 on the accuracy buff, Magpull on the Mag reload buff and so on.

Third buff change, 1 less STK + the previous change, meaning a 9stk 3slot Norsemen series. 

I would like to see this tried, it would def keep the Norsemen's identity and unique shtick but also (hopefully) make them somewhat competitive.

Personally I don't think this would make them OP, as even with let's say the accuracy buff mod and CJ3, CJ3 would still have its effect, just a bit mitigated and so on, cause currently the problem with the norsemen is that it takes too long for them to get going, and they are by far the worst primary in the game, a fun gun, but a terrible gun.

i think i'd rather see the norsemen get a massive hipfire accuracy buff and a slight rof buff to bring them somewhere around .75s ttk, but stay 10stk

no real idea what to do with the mods and wacky mechanics, tbh the norsemen seem like they were intended to be legendaries but even g1 thought another joker box might have been a little much

It's 11 stk in live as of right now, not 10.

reducing it's current bloom so you can actually use CJ would be nice.

Maybe a little faster fire rate, making its ttk more competitive, doing this would also speeding up it's 'buff' effects.

It doesn't need drastic changes, a minor buff would be fine, be it to the fire rate or damage or even a bigger mag so it can actually make use of it's mods besides the last half of the mag only utilizing it.

43 minutes ago, Tenginima said:

Eh maybe, i'd still wanna try tho, dont you think a .75 ttk would be to high?

i'd like to see it be a more accurate smg with a large magazine but higher ttk/stk rather than another knockoff oca rng-fest

something like the nano is to the fbw, except for primary weapons

39 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

It's 11 stk in live as of right now, not 10.

reducing it's current bloom so you can actually use CJ would be nice.

Maybe a little faster fire rate, making its ttk more competitive, doing this would also speeding up it's 'buff' effects.

It doesn't need drastic changes, a minor buff would be fine, be it to the fire rate or damage or even a bigger mag so it can actually make use of it's mods besides the last half of the mag only utilizing it.

Ah thought it was 10 stk my bad, wouldn't they still be vastly underpowered against OCA's but specifically PMG's and Manics tho? Even with such a buff?

9 minutes ago, 404 said:

i'd like to see it be a more accurate smg with a large magazine but higher ttk/stk rather than another knockoff oca rng-fest

something like the nano is to the fbw, except for primary weapons

I mean I kinda of agree, but due to the current meta, even with that change they would still probably be very bad against other SMG's, also why isn't ODIN as standalone weapon? I still wanna buy it lol

19 minutes ago, Tenginima said:

I mean I kinda of agree, but due to the current meta, even with that change they would still probably be very bad against other SMG's, also why isn't ODIN as standalone weapon? I still wanna buy it lol

every smg sucks compared to the pmg, but i consider the pmg to be out of balance

i imagine the buffed norsemen guns slotting in as longer ranged capable smgs like the curse or the c2, except where those guns are limited by the requirement to tap/burst fire the norsemen can make use of the large mag and accuracy to consistently ballpark a (slightly higher) min ttk

32 minutes ago, 404 said:

every smg sucks compared to the pmg, but i consider the pmg to be out of balance

i imagine the buffed norsemen guns slotting in as longer ranged capable smgs like the curse or the c2, except where those guns are limited by the requirement to tap/burst fire the norsemen can make use of the large mag and accuracy to consistently ballpark a (slightly higher) min ttk

Sure its a good idea, tho Curse currently is more consistent then the PMG and OCA, altough its ttk is slighlty to high to be quite the machine that the PMG is (atleast in missions)

However Curse is hilariously looked down upon, it is by far one of the strongest SMG's in the game for consistent damage over time, and one of the few guns in the game where you can put CJ3 on it without ruining it, and actually benefiting from it.

I Agree ! 

I got the one with the big mag, even in cq it suks now, its like throwing sand at them, pebble by pebble. 🏜️

But if you fix it, how people can dethreat legally? 😅

42 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

But if you fix it, how people can dethreat legally? 😅

iTs nOt dEtHrEaTiNg iF i gO sNr oNlY i JuSt LiKe tHe gUn

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

iTs nOt dEtHrEaTiNg iF i gO sNr oNlY i JuSt LiKe tHe gUn

Wait a moment...

You mean I spent a fortune for it and I could get away with just SNR?

4 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Wait a moment...

You mean I spent a fortune for it and I could get away with just SNR?

100 bucks gets you on the dethreater whitelist tho, what a value 

:^)

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii