Sakebee

Battleye Summary

Hey everyone,

We have seen a lot of discussion surrounding our move from EAC to Battleye. There still seems to be some confusion and misinformation circulating, so we thought it would be helpful for everyone to have a single post where they could get all the relevant details to date.

Our move away from EAC was not because we lack commitment to addressing cheating in APB. It was an unfortunate but necessary change that arose when we couldn’t come to an amended agreement with Epic Games. You can read the full details here.

Our initial transition to Battleye was a little bumpy as we tuned our systems. Some of this turbulence was expected and some was exacerbated by a bug in the first week that didn’t screen for some cheats we already had on our radar. This has caused some players to conclude that cheat detection under Battleye is inherently worse, but we have continued to make great strides since then. The team over at Battleye has been working closely with us to help fine-tune their systems, and we have recently reached a level where we are confident enough to scale back our manual review requirements. Of course, cheat detection is an ongoing process, and we continue to iterate and improve upon the systems we have in place, but our detection is already much better than it was when we first switched over.

For those of you who are still concerned about cheating in APB, we encourage you to do the following: If you see someone who you think is cheating in game, please don’t confront them. Sometimes you might be facing a player who is very skilled, and even if you are certain, an environment where we constantly accuse each other isn’t what we want to foster here at APB. Instead, please submit a ticket to support with as much information as you can. This will allow our team to manually review the case and take action if appropriate. The more examples we can get of questionable accounts, the better we can calibrate our systems to catch what we need to catch.

Finally, with the switch to Battleye, some players have had issues getting APB to start. If you are getting kicked, we recommend you check out our FAQ. We will continue to update that thread with common issues and solutions as they come our way.

Thanks guys,

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

14 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Instead, please submit a ticket to support with as much information as you can.

Can't that be substituted with ingame /report system? Which one is more efficient?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Instead, please submit a ticket to support with as much information as you can.

no mention of the /report system

the conspiracy continues brothers, stay vigilant 

no5eg24.png

• Like 4

Don't hackusate, report.
I like it.

1 minute ago, Helix Reloaded said:

is this confirmation that /report does nothing?

70025334-macro-closeup-eye-pyramid-on-ba

3 minutes ago, 404 said:

no mention of the /report system

the conspiracy continues brothers, stay vigilant 

no5eg24.png

Look what you did.

you know why I can't trust support taking care of cheaters anymore?

I've been shown a video of someone 100% cheating (it was full aimlock from the cheaters perspective), and said cheater has been roaming EU asylum for like 5 month now, with video proof being sent to support 2 month ago. yet he's still not banned.

I don't wanna hate on LO, I think they've done some really good changes for apb so far, and have more good changes coming for us... but this is really disappointing.

• Like 4

The /report function also works. We do get all of those. The post explicitly calls out the support portal because it is much easier to attach video or other evidence which can help with our investigations.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

47 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

you know why I can't trust support taking care of cheaters anymore?

I've been shown a video of someone 100% cheating (it was full aimlock from the cheaters perspective), and said cheater has been roaming EU asylum for like 5 month now, with video proof being sent to support 2 month ago. yet he's still not banned.

I don't wanna hate on LO, I think they've done some really good changes for apb so far, and have more good changes coming for us... but this is really disappointing.

or maybe they came to the conclusion that the player wasn't cheating?

sometimes I wish ban data could be public again, just so people can see how often they accuse legit players of cheating... but I guess it wouldn't really matter, because most people hackusate to cope with how hard they're getting owned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, claude said:

sometimes I wish ban data could be public again, just so people can see how often they accuse legit players of cheating... but I guess it wouldn't really matter, because most people hackusate to cope with how hard they're getting owned.

pretty much, it would just instantly turn into "orbit why haven't you banned this obviously blatant cheater yet?"

not good for anyone

Just now, 404 said:

pretty much, it would just instantly turn into "orbit why haven't you banned this obviously blatant cheater yet?"

not good for anyone

yep, fucking sucks bro.

Comedy, when the transition was made and we cleaely pointed out there were more cheater than before, we got trolled, downvoted and accused of hackusating now we learn the system was half buged again, ohhh what wonder.

Edited by Pwnimon
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, claude said:

or maybe they came to the conclusion that the player wasn't cheating?

there is 0 doubt. I'll DM you the clip (not allowed to post it publicly AFAIK).

please come back and tell me what you think about it afterwards 😛

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Look what you did.

I smiff something worse incoming after what I see these last days...

a05.gif

Anyway Lo keep it on, I guess everybody know you work hard but some doubts are legit, if you may want to show us some prove about the report system is really working, nobody will have any objections

Edited by PingOVER9000

Sakebee telling you shitters that they aren't hacking, you just suck. 

Lmao.

46 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Sakebee telling you shitters that they aren't hacking, you just suck. 

Lmao.

And we can’t have any doubts about BE, period.

How about permanently shutting down the US-West servers? With how buggy the hitreg is you would think there's an infinite HP hack for APB. Why the hell am I getting hitmarkers if my shots are not actually hitting?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Sometimes you might be facing a player who is very skilled, and even if you are certain, an environment where we constantly accuse each other isn’t what we want to foster here at APB.

jesus christ this might be the first time it's ever been addressed from the official side, and so well said.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

How about permanently shutting down the US-West servers? With how buggy the hitreg is you would think there's an infinite HP hack for APB. Why the hell am I getting hitmarkers if my shots are not actually hitting?

I am curious what is happening when you play WEST. Could you maybe post some clips?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I am curious what is happening when you play WEST. Could you maybe post some clips?

I've tried recording but I get a ton of input lag. I did make a post in the bug report sub forum. My ping in game varies, but pinging the server IP directly it shows it's consistent and stable. I don't have issues on US-East and EU servers, despite having similar ping (90+ ms) on EU.

Another game, PUBG, has routing issues to their Dallas, Texas servers for many users who live on the east coast of the US. Maybe it's related. Haven't tried a VPN to reroute my connection.

Edited by SquirrelFace

59 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

I've tried recording but I get a ton of input lag. I did make a post in the bug report sub forum. My ping in game varies, but pinging the server IP directly it shows it's consistent and stable. I don't have issues on US-East and EU servers, despite having similar ping (90+ ms) on EU.

Another game, PUBG, has routing issues to their Dallas, Texas servers for many users who live on the east coast of the US. Maybe it's related. Haven't tried a VPN to reroute my connection.

Very interesting. Im near Chicago but I hate playing West. I always assumed it was the extra ping but maybe its more than that.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, Sakebee said:

If you see someone who you think is cheating in game, please don’t confront them. Sometimes you might be facing a player who is very skilled, and even if you are certain, an environment where we constantly accuse each other isn’t what we want to foster here at APB.

^

This...

Hackusation doesn't help at all.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 1:30 AM, Sakebee said:

For those of you who are still concerned about cheating in APB, we encourage you to do the following: If you see someone who you think is cheating in game, please don’t confront them. Sometimes you might be facing a player who is very skilled, and even if you are certain, an environment where we constantly accuse each other isn’t what we want to foster here at APB. Instead, please submit a ticket to support with as much information as you can. This will allow our team to manually review the case and take action if appropriate. The more examples we can get of questionable accounts, the better we can calibrate our systems to catch what we need to catch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you ever considered becoming a comedian instead of doing this forum job? open your eyes fella, reports do nothing cause you guys haven't even banned people who were speedhacking and cheating on stream.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cheater said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you ever considered becoming a comedian instead of doing this forum job? open your eyes fella, reports do nothing cause you guys haven't even banned people who were speedhacking and cheating on stream.

thank you for your input mr. cheater

when  you  balance out the reports , its evident that LO priorities banning griefers, violation of terms of service with  names/symbols . Yet the closets wont even get checked  , this includes custom configs for apb reloaded which eliminates grenade effects, custom environmental edits I am not gonna mention details of it since its not my job to find  exploits , all they need to do a quick inevitable scan of all the files with line by line  to find the edits and ban'em. Yet this is excused and misused by so called "skilled players", you are definitely editing further than what advance APB Launcher provides and seems like its a good  closet spot for these cheaters. As Long as they exist , none of the reports matter and you are not getting rid of cheaters.

Jokes aside, i wonder which drugs some gold guys using when playing...feels like they are superhumans.