Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

Why did we drop EAC?

Hey Team,

if possible, could you make another statement on what exactly happened with EAC? I've seen from different angles of the community that many people interpreted the message in different ways, which just leaves a lot of confusion.

If legally possible, I think an elaboration of what exactly happened would be appreciated by many people.

Kind Regards

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Seemed pretty explanatory to me.

It was actually a rather confusing statement many people interpreted in different ways. I for one thought that it was EAC that was dropping APB but then other credible sources have said otherwise. I would also like another post that makes it clear for everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flaws said:

It was actually a rather confusing statement many people interpreted in different ways. I for one thought that it was EAC that was dropping APB but then other credible sources have said otherwise. I would also like another post that makes it clear for everyone.

" So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. "

????????

• Like 5

from Matt's post :

basically LO wanted to get the server side stuff they couldn't get with BE, so they went for EAC and agreed to pay more to have the server side stuff

then they couldn't get it (the server side) to work properly after many tries and the head dev at EAC said they didn't wanna put more time and money into trying to find a solution to make that part work

so since they were paying for client + server side, LO tried to negociate a price reduction since only the client side was working, which EAC people refused

so in the end LO and kamu decided to mutually end the contract

tbh if i was paying for something i'd only get half of, i'd just ask my money back

idk what's so hard to understand

Edited by heelruby
typos
  • Like 5

didn’t seem all that complicated to me

orbit was paying for a service they were not recieving and they couldn’t get the service or a lower payment, so bye bye eac

personally i think we should have stuck with eac anyway, the higher monetary cost seems worth it compared to battleye

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 404 said:

personally i think we should have stuck with eac anyway, the higher monetary cost seems worth it compared to battleye

Definitely should've stuck with EAC at all costs because this switch back to BE could very easily mean the actual fatal end of the game. We can't have a second FFbans era. That would finish the game off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

" So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. "

This. This. This.

4 hours ago, heelruby said:

tbh if i was paying for something i'd only get half of, i'd just ask my money back

This. This. This.

And why do people continue to believe that this is the end of all logic in the world.

Clearly LO are focused on anti-cheat. Do you really think that they would willingly leave BattlEye outdated, or refuse to look for alternatives if the need should arise?

Right now things are good, and if that changes LO will react - just like they did when they decided to go for EAC. If all hell breaks lose they now have a legitimate (but expensive) solution to the problem. This is a good situation to be in.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Definitely should've stuck with EAC at all costs because this switch back to BE could very easily mean the actual fatal end of the game. We can't have a second FFbans era. That would finish the game off.

Looks like you're the only ones getting the cheaters. Ever since they put the BE or EAC on, I haven't found anyone. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

imagine thinking LO getting scammed by epic for a half working eac is going to save apb

what's logic even ?

EAC aint worth a pattootie.  I realize the mechanics of a different game is different.

War thunder has the full EZ version. n It dont stop them. So many hacks there, and if i want to report, the report system does not have an option for Cheating. I have to click Other' n write a story. So the other catagories are TK's, AFK, Abuse, ect. I got bumped out a mission for talking smack about hacks in chat...

All it took was 10 complaints n it was automatic kick. So you could be quiet n still get kicked if the enemy gets their team to report. 

I know, I know you think maybe im just bad, OK I'm not talkin a bronze in gold on a bad day, whining n crying.

Im talking blatant, No question in my mind that cheat hacks are being used. FFs Yesterday i saw a Fire-place go speeding by bout 10ft high, n I asked in chat about it, n they told me to stop being negative. 

So they have the same idea of toxicity, if we dont talk about it, it must not happen.

My Book grows long here n i dont want to Ramble.  EAC aint worth Achit n its a good thing LO aint paying top dollar for a POS that does nothing

4 hours ago, heelruby said:

imagine thinking LO getting scammed by epic for a half working eac is going to save apb

what's logic even ?

The half working EAC that delivered the best results of all anti-cheats that have ever graced APB in their full versions? The half-working anti-cheat that was one of the very few things that made the game tolerable? Thats the logic. EAC even in just it's client side was more powerful than all the others in their full capacity and that is a well known fact.

4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

-removed-

I am pretty confident that I can tell who cheats and who doesn't the best out of anyone in this thread. I just have the experience and knowledge for it.

But if you don't want to listen to me, you can read the tons of comments from other players on the forums in the different threads discussing the issue, stating that they've also felt an increase in cheaters since BE. Kind of a thoughtless comment from you there.

Edited by Flight
Removing off-topic reply
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Flaws said:

lol, speed hack is already back, the game is dead move on., get a better anti cheat or get the shovels.

people in here saying eac half assed l 0 l. Welcome, welcome to apb you sweet summer children.

Edited by Percocet

1 minute ago, Percocet said:

lol, speed hack is already back, the game is dead move on., get a better anti cheat or get the shovels.

I don't know whether you are serious or not, but regardless, speed hack is a sort of lag switch in APB and no anti-cheat could efficiently stop it to my knowledge. It had to be dealt with manually.

8 hours ago, Flaws said:

That era already started.

Last night was barely people playing and a Friday nights used to be the max 😄

More and more complaints about false bans every day.

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

????????

dont throw your logic into this , ffs let them think it was some other reason, its the main reason people dont read

2 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

dont throw your logic into this , ffs let them think it was some other reason, its the main reason people dont read

Sorry. I forgot reading is hard for the majority of the population.

It's quite self explanatory,

So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise

Client side EAC was doing more wonderful things for this piece of shit game than all the other antycheats combined, for me it was priceless time I enjoyed the game with EAC onboard. But if it's too expensive for LO then we can't do anything.

Not enough money but with out EAC we are back to skinny edgelords closeting again for months or perhaps more then a year to get banned. But now they don't even closet anymore just have full aimbot. I can't post a link since cheaters are protected on this forum.

I know that Lidl orbit knows there is a cheating pandemic but they don't care about the main game and people that play they let it self manage and focus fully on the Engine upgrade and hope it is gonna be successful.  

2 hours ago, Resine said:

if it's too expensive for LO then we can't do anything.

It wasn't too expensive, EAC wanted full price for partial service.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Resine said:

It's quite self explanatory,

Client side EAC was doing more wonderful things for this piece of shit game than all the other antycheats combined, for me it was priceless time I enjoyed the game with EAC onboard. But if it's too expensive for LO then we can't do anything.

It's just been mismanaged and neglected.

There's a lot of shit games out there, but this isn't one of them.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It wasn't too expensive, EAC wanted full price for partial service.

Obviously Matt Scott didn't go karen enough and complain to Tim Sweeney.

Sign in to follow this