Omega101

LO if you have not tried to fix the cheater epidemic, why do you believe the new engine will bring back players?

7 hours ago, Cr0 said:

There are two (½) large camps worth addressing who are both wrong, right now. They are...

Camp A) "It's overrun with cheaters, absolutely everywhere!"

Camp B) "There are almost no cheaters at all!"

Both absolutely wrong.

Then there are people who say that because they only banned x % for cheating the last time or whenever, that's supposed to be an indicator of how few cheaters there are. Does one even need to explain why no conclusions should be drawn from that?
For example: I remember a certain (public ) cheat provider with lots of users who never got detected between 2013 and mid 2019 (FF, duh). Since they weren't getting detected, lots of people used them. If you'd find out how many they were and add those to the statistics back in those days, the number of cheaters in that period of time would increase by a really large percentage. Much of the stuff people use now will not get detected (by BE).

It's not completely overrun with cheaters.

There are not hardly any cheaters either.

There's a notable amount of cheaters now because there's no server side statistics collection with BE, and then I'm not talking about just the obvious ones who anyone and their grandma can spot. That's the issue  you could encounter with Camp B. They some times believe in myths of borderline super powers and super human "game sense" gotten from spending enough time in the game, like there is no roof for increase of abilities and they go by who someone is instead of what they are doing.
So then you get told to feel free to send in videos with proof of cheaters. You'll have to summon the time, energy and motivation to put something together for one lousy cheater,  who they wont ban so it's not worth it.

The only anti cheat good enough is one that is both server and client side.

the cheaters are being tryhards again and only using wallhack, atleast on stream

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

the cheaters are being tryhards again and only using wallhack, atleast on stream

Almost true. There's at least 2 streamers who use a bit more then just a wallhack and if you figure out the 'aim angle' they're using and know what to look for then you know exactly what I'm talking about. There are a few cheats that are more private (not for sale) and have more sophisticated options then the 'regular' cheats. The current AC won't even detect the regular cheats atm so detecting private ones are not going to happen either.

And still ppl wonder why the game is running on low pop....

On 7/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, ReaperTheButcher said:

They cant detect a hardware based software macro.

This has been going on for a long time and the funny thing is people starting to discover this, mainly though out bloody mice and all the other regular hardware. But there's one piece of hardware you hear nothing about (at least in public forums) that can be (and is) used to cheat in a lot of games, eventho AC developers know this and somehow fail to block it. People even speculate that it has something to do with filing lawsuits since this hardware wasn't designed for cheating purposes but can be used for it. Ftr, I can't confirm the speculations tho but it does make sense.

Edited by Spy

as I see it people are still waiting for this upgrade right. its the only thing that has made people saty so long and Im one of them.if people do not see that max rank cheats are banned and closet cheaters are banned and we all know who you are. then this game will need new players fast if you want the game to survive and they will not stay long if it looks like this.i will probably put apb in the trash if nothing is done within 6/8 months after the update comes out. many I have talked to feel the same way I really hope you get a grip on this game.why do you think I have been playing since 2011. reality is that no one stays long now so why should people stay if nothing changes and you may lose 200+ of the player base.Im so tired of cheaters that I spend my time selling cars instead of playing the game i have spent so much time in and love just because adult babies cant play normally.

Edited by StraaZi
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, CookiePuss said:

afaik any type of hackusation or trying to get other players to report based on your hackusation is considered harassment and isn't allowed

Understandably so. Best recommendation is to just /report and move on. Only other thing is recording it happening, and subsequently submitting a ticket to support. Those are about the only sure fire ways.

Seeing in district chat "x person hack report" is extremely annoying.

5 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Understandably so. Best recommendation is to just /report and move on. Only other thing is recording it happening, and subsequently submitting a ticket to support. Those are about the only sure fire ways.

Seeing in district chat "x person hack report" is extremely annoying.

Team watch and report Sergsininia please.

Game gone trought 3rd or 4th anticheat already.

It's not supposed to be a question. They Are trying

On 7/31/2020 at 1:28 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Team watch and report Sergsininia please.

lmao, I haven't played that character in ages...

maybe I should again.

I do believe that the cheat script days are over in this game. It's more down to who is closer to the servers and who have a better internet connection and performance. Most times I had crap internet and the server is far away from my location so by the time I see something others who are closer they own me and who are even further away from me see who knows what...

For example the EU servers use to be in Germany and whoever was there or in that region owned me big time, not because of skill but because they saw things first and could react first hand. For example if I started shooting at them chances are they were already on my and landed the strike first even tho on my screen I was the first who emptied full mags in one of them.

Most times I empty full mags onto a player and he doesn't die, while he kills me in less then a second, chances are he is closer to the servers and can land kills before I do any damage on him.

The worst internet connection I've seen in France, there are locations with 15 year old type connections and those people shouldn't really play online games at all but they are masocistic enough to do so... 

Next common connection issues I see from Russian players. Some of them are so far away I don't know how is that even logical for them to even try to play on other regions then theirs.

I got these common rages how I should do this or that but people fail to realize no matter what online game we talk about everyone sees different things since the game loads differently for everyone. The latest rage I've seen was from a russian player, I pretty much carried his patootie the whole mission and he told me how that I don't helped him and left him to die. He was pretty much lagging like crazy and he didn't even see me even tho I was next to him the whole time covering his back. Even the scoreboard proven my point with most kills and activities. Even tho I also died just as easily because I can't play 1 vs 6, most times I am happy if I can survive 1 vs 3 being rushed.

The net code in games are still primitive and long as companies dont do any technical leap as in actually get updates on what is possible with the current tech instead of just milking the very same crap over and over again till the cashcow dies and then they just move on to the next cashcow instead of going forward with the actual possibilities we will get these crap experiences and most people will settle for less because they are ignorant enough to learn the difference and actually speak with their wallets.

On other hand there are simply players who do exploits and win like the lacking moral and idiotic ignorant cowards that they are. One of the reason why new players quit. So you can call that cheating too. But script wise I think you can't do it without actually being way too obvious and getting banned.