Omega101

LO if you have not tried to fix the cheater epidemic, why do you believe the new engine will bring back players?

17 minutes ago, Nerima said:

You miss the whole point of engine upgrade, how game looks is last (and least) point of it.

Do you research before whining

This one may come as a suprise but they play on such res not to improve game's performace, but because of norecoil bug and cuz on lower resolution it's easier to aim

wannabe esportsmans 

Recoil is the same. Your camera rotates the same degrees.

4 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Recoil is the same. Your camera rotates the same degrees.

It's not.

And how your camera rotates has nothing to do with aim convenience

Just now, Nerima said:

It's not.

And how your camera rotates has nothing to do with aim convenience

recoil is exactly the same, it just seems like its lower

9 minutes ago, 404 said:

recoil is exactly the same, it just seems like its lower

the pattern is the same, resolution won't change it, that's true

but how it feels is drastically differend

The actual aiming recoil is the same. The 'shake/motion' is pixel based.

okay bois @SquirrelFace@404  never expected to be disputed on such case, but here we go then

apb reloaded resolution 101

Recoil consist of two things: vertical/horizontal range and shaking.

As my lovely biscuit mentioned, shaking is pixel based, and this is a huge deal for all kind of weapons, from for example rough 45ap (which recoil and shaking kick hard) to machine guns 

This is the reason why many guns feel way smoother on low reasolution than on normal fullhd.

But okay, this is minor advantage, recoil is the same, case closed huh?

9ABwfy2X9Tk.jpg

But then aspect ratio kicks in.

No one plays on lowres because they have 4:3 monitor in 2020, or with black stripes on the sides, right?

Graphically, this is how the exact same pattern look on different resoultion

ZHH-Cu0GSIg.jpg

if you bring it into a more visual form, this is what we get

d4Z2BTrJX1o.jpg

Basically, it's 25% reduced vertical range, distance on which you have to move your mouse to compensate recoil it is quarter shorter. For game like apb it's huge advantage.

About aiming convenience, it's even easier to explain, It's just goddamn easier to track the hitbox if it's wider, angles has nothing to do with it

sCInWJVDh-I.jpg

So basicaaly, in-game recoil range stays the same, but on your screen it's lower and you moving your mouse less

more than that, our apb esports community derived the formula of perfect resolution for every gun in the game (yes, different resolution suit differend weapons better)

and i'm not even kidding.

Edited by Nerima
  • Like 3

*cries in 4k resolution with maximum screen movement when firing*

You sprayed a wall, then changed resolution. All that proves is you know how to change your in game resolution.

When you said it reduces recoil I thought you meant there's an oddity that causes the recoil to rotate your camera less at low resolutions. What you're showing here is the equivalent of playing with a larger monitor or sitting closer to your screen. Recoil is not reduced.

25 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

*cries in 4k resolution with maximum screen movement when firing*

Slaps muzzle break on tommy gun

47 minutes ago, Nerima said:

okay bois @SquirrelFace@404  never expected to be disputed on such case, but here we go then

i’m not really sure what there is to dispute - recoil is not affected by resolution, your perception of it is 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

When you said it reduces recoil I thought you meant there's an oddity that causes the recoil to rotate your camera less at low resolutions.

There is. Again, recoil shaking is pixels based (which is stupid) and you get way more control on shaking guns like, for example, s1-na manic. And also there is "oddity" on recoil range itself but it's not something I can easily and graphically show. I could record videos of me controling hard kicking guns on low and hight resolution, but it would not look objective.

16 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

What you're showing here is the equivalent of playing with a larger monitor or sitting closer to your screen. Recoil is not reduced.

It's not. Again, distance on which you have to move your mouse to compensate recoil it is quarter shorter. We're not talking bout different screens or monitor position, we talking about the exact same monitor, but different recoil range. This actually makes a difference when you controling a gun.

This weird action consists of many details, I just mentioned the ones which are obvious and easy to show. 

As I said, in-game recoill kinda stays the same, but your perception of it does not.

Playing on lowres is just easier, that's it.

7 minutes ago, 404 said:

i’m not really sure what there is to dispute - recoil is not affected by resolution, your perception of it is 

Same thing?

My point was that playing on low resolution is easier, thought you guys doubt it

Edited by Nerima
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Flaws said:

to jump-carry medium items is not a cheat, hack or any type of bot. It is an "exploit" of the game mechanics which you can do easily with just a mouse and keyboard, you do not need any type of software, cheat, hack, macro or bot to achieve and as such it is not bannable. Also, they cannot "carry the item faster than you can chase them" because the exploit only allows you to move the item at sprint speed, which you are already moving at while you sprint normally (and chasing after them). You cannot do this with heavy items anymore, you could do that many years ago but the best you can do now is pick it up and drop it so you skip just a little bit of space but you cannot efficiently do it in mid-air anymore.

i mean exploits ARE bannable as well, you say "only allows you to move at sprint speed" but that's still bypassing the base speed of 3 m/s for medium items ensuring the enemies can NEVER catch up if you're ahead of them without using fragile (still a lost cause)/epiphrene/vehicle. Heavy's were fixed, but you can still "somewhat" move them like... 2m/s instead of 1 which isn't actually a problem. lol

But yeah screaming cheats during the beta test? Really?

1 hour ago, Nerima said:

apb reloaded resolution 101

So basicaaly, in-game recoil range stays the same, but on your screen it's lower and you moving your mouse less

more than that, our apb esports community derived the formula of perfect resolution for every gun in the game (yes, different resolution suit differend weapons better)

and i'm not even kidding.

esports community? what nonsense is that tho?

Honestly though, that must explain why all the toxic kids always run potato graphics with crap resolution on high end gaming computers. looks like another dumb thing that needs fixed 🤮

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i mean exploits ARE bannable as well, you say "only allows you to move at sprint speed" but that's still bypassing the base speed of 3 m/s for medium items ensuring the enemies can NEVER catch up if you're ahead of them without using fragile (still a lost cause)/epiphrene/vehicle. Heavy's were fixed, but you can still "somewhat" move them like... 2m/s instead of 1 which isn't actually a problem. lol

That is a mechanical exploit which many other popular games have to some extent and you cannot get banned for it, especially if the devs are unwilling to fix it.

If anything, moving at sprint speed with medium items should be a part of the game. Who in their right mind would carry around a briefcase the way they do in APB when they are being shot at? Anyone would just hug it for example and make a run for it. 

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

esports community? what nonsense is that tho?

it's sarcasm. but different res for different guns is not tho.

that must explain why all the toxic kids always run potato graphics with crap resolution on high end gaming computers

yep. potato graphics also makes it easier, without particles, fog, and all other distracting details.

looks like another dumb thing that needs fixed

actually, 1280x720 is lowest res on new engine, so no more ntek gods

5 hours ago, Nerima said:

No one plays on lowres because they have 4:3 monitor in 2020, or with black stripes on the sides, right?

Actually Im playing with them in order to maintain normal aspect ratio/play without everything expanding to screen sides/enough fps to play without huge lags.

4 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Actually Im playing with them in order to maintain normal aspect ratio/play without everything expanding to screen sides/enough fps to play without huge lags.

what's your pc specs?

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

That is a mechanical exploit which many other popular games have to some extent and you cannot get banned for it, especially if the devs are unwilling to fix it.

If anything, moving at sprint speed with medium items should be a part of the game. Who in their right mind would carry around a briefcase the way they do in APB when they are being shot at? Anyone would just hug it for example and make a run for it. 

G1 already allowed it when they changed how heavy items worked but left mediums.

Plus, what even is emergent gameplay/mechanics.

1 hour ago, Nerima said:

what's your pc specs?

It is decent daily laptop Lenovo Thinkpad e580 with i5 8250U, UHD620, 8GB. 

Runs APB with stable 20-35 fps 

3 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

It is daily laptop 

Runs APB with stable 20-35 fps 

accept my condolences🌹

2 hours ago, Nerima said:

accept my condolences🌹

Huh. You don't know struggle of most.

Hence why wait for EU.

Edited by Mitne

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

G1 already allowed it when they changed how heavy items worked but left mediums.

Plus, what even is emergent gameplay/mechanics.

borus whines about jump carrying items being an exploit but i bet he jump kicks doors all the time lol

On 7/11/2020 at 5:09 AM, Omega101 said:

I came back for the Beta test, which I had no trouble with as I created a character in the beta instead of trying to import one. So I jumped into APB after and since have tried 3 more times  and in every match there was a minimum of 1 cheat with as high as the entire enemy team being from one of the old un-banned cheat clans.

In every match some one was walling or bottling. You would see the enemy grab the heavy item and run/jump carry the item faster than you chase them and have them track you through buildings.  Then they would  bobfire bot or fasthandswap bot so fast that it turned their single shot weapons into automatics.

The point is, players left because of the massive cheaters, not because of the graphics in the game. 

Making the game look better will never bring people back into a cheat riddled game ask combat arms, they tried to do the same thing you are. That game died because they tried everything except getting rid of the cheaters.

And here is the funny part, ALL LO has to do is  add a broadcast to the game  "Notice: Players  all of the cheat types can be banned, which includes Bots, Exploits, hate speech or imagery, not just hacks when reported" 

That alone would stop half of the cheaters because right now most of the cheaters beleave that only hackers are banned.  A broadcast every half hour will be enough because when you ask any of the cheats they will respond with "I am not hacking"   The problem is that it is true, the guy wearing the Nazi shirt driving the nazi mobile calling everyone in dist ******ews using bots like there is a clearance sale is not hacking.

hi,

maybe you are not playing enough APB:Reloaded.

1 hour ago, 404 said:

borus whines about jump carrying items being an exploit but i bet he jump kicks doors all the time lol

Dang, you right. Got him there.

3 hours ago, Mitne said:

Huh. You don't know struggle of most.

Hence why wait for EU.

True, kinda waiting not for EU but for actual new content. 
Also already planning to buy desktop pc, one that will run APB in 60fps 99% of the time, priced around 400€.

12 hours ago, Nerima said:

stuff, lots of it

Yeeeeep. It isn't just about trying to get better performance. There is a competitive advantage to doing things like that which is why they are so popular.

I personally just don't care about anything but it looking good and performing well. But, I get why all kinds of crazy tricks are done when they yield such easy benefits. Most I do is admittedly play around with some things I probably shouldn't, but I don't dip below 100fps (rare exception or two) and average 132fps+ according to AMD performance monitoring. With no notable stuttering to speak of. All while looking like I'm playing on all maxed out settings.

So, yeah. I get why everyone tweaks crap. Kinda just part of APB if you want to get the most you can out of it. Even if some of the things people do you technically aren't allowed to. In my case it's just to get the damn thing to not stutter, seemingly drop frames, and not generally perform badly on high end hardware. Others are doing it to make guns not handle so freaking weirdly, have things stand out better while making the game also not run like garbage, and other such things. Like what you mentioned. Which I'm not a fan of.. but I get it.

To keep on topic: cheaters suck. APB has a few sadly. LO seems to be trying their best to find an anticheat that can do what they need without some crazy drawbacks/problems. About all you can ask really.