Omega101

LO if you have not tried to fix the cheater epidemic, why do you believe the new engine will bring back players?

I came back for the Beta test, which I had no trouble with as I created a character in the beta instead of trying to import one. So I jumped into APB after and since have tried 3 more times  and in every match there was a minimum of 1 cheat with as high as the entire enemy team being from one of the old un-banned cheat clans.

In every match some one was walling or bottling. You would see the enemy grab the heavy item and run/jump carry the item faster than you chase them and have them track you through buildings.  Then they would  bobfire bot or fasthandswap bot so fast that it turned their single shot weapons into automatics.

The point is, players left because of the massive cheaters, not because of the graphics in the game. 

Making the game look better will never bring people back into a cheat riddled game ask combat arms, they tried to do the same thing you are. That game died because they tried everything except getting rid of the cheaters.

And here is the funny part, ALL LO has to do is  add a broadcast to the game  "Notice: Players  all of the cheat types can be banned, which includes Bots, Exploits, hate speech or imagery, not just hacks when reported" 

That alone would stop half of the cheaters because right now most of the cheaters beleave that only hackers are banned.  A broadcast every half hour will be enough because when you ask any of the cheats they will respond with "I am not hacking"   The problem is that it is true, the guy wearing the Nazi shirt driving the nazi mobile calling everyone in dist ******ews using bots like there is a clearance sale is not hacking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

have you ever thought they are just legitimately better than you?

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

> Complains game is being ruined by "cheater epidemic".

> Provides """solution""" to reduce non-cheating abusive players.

??? Profit?

Most people left because other competitive games don't have as many issues. Popular APB streamers play at 800x600 res, some even lower, just to get the game to not stutter so bad.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

ur bad

• Like 1

A warning would do nothing against cheating. Every player that uses any kind of hack or cheat is aware that they will be punished severely if they get caught and they are willing to take that risk and suffer the consequences. Regarding any hate speech and harassment it should be obvious that it is unacceptable and will be punished severely as well. This is what the Terms of Service (ToS) and the End User License Agreement (EULA) are for. Sure, some players might be unfamiliar with common rules across most online video games or they might "forget" in the heat of the moment, but that does not invalidate the rules or make you immune to them. 

There is definitely an influx of cheaters since the switch back to Battleye, that is undeniable. Battleye is simply an inferior anti-cheat compared to EAC but it really isn't as bad as you've described it, not yet at least.

1 hour ago, Omega101 said:

In every match some one was walling or bottling. You would see the enemy grab the heavy item and run/jump carry the item faster than you chase them and have them track you through buildings.  Then they would  bobfire bot or fasthandswap bot so fast that it turned their single shot weapons into automatics.

First, you need evidence to back up your claims of players "walling" or "botting". Any player can say anything and they do that, in most cases very uneducated players of lower skill level who are just suffering the poor matchmaking of the game, being matched up against high skill players who mop the floor with them. That is one of the most common sights in APB.

Being able to jump-carry medium items is not a cheat, hack or any type of bot. It is an "exploit" of the game mechanics which you can do easily with just a mouse and keyboard, you do not need any type of software, cheat, hack, macro or bot to achieve and as such it is not bannable. Also, they cannot "carry the item faster than you can chase them" because the exploit only allows you to move the item at sprint speed, which you are already moving at while you sprint normally (and chasing after them). You cannot do this with heavy items anymore, you could do that many years ago but the best you can do now is pick it up and drop it so you skip just a little bit of space but you cannot efficiently do it in mid-air anymore.

I wonder what you mean with "track you through buildings". First, if anyone is wallhacking and they are looking at you through a wall, you likely wouldn't know about that unless you can see their position and you can tell that they are moving towards you, pre-nading you or pre-firing you without having any solid knowledge about your position repeatedly (keep an eye out for Spotter, Tagger mod users and Firework Launcher users). Someone could be wallhacking and you would never know if they are experienced in the field. And if you just mean that players are shooting at you through walls, where they cannot deal damage to you, that doesn't help them in any way so I'm not sure what you're on about here.

I do not understand what "bobfire bot" and "fasthandswap bot" mean. You cannot alter any weapon stats/values as they are server sided, even if you installed any type of cheat or macro, so you cannot make them fire any faster than you could with clicking it. Granted, that kind of clicking would require high mechanical skill, those players are usually just more experienced with those weapons. This isn't to say that there aren't players who triggerbot and macro said weapons, but they aren't as many as you claim there are. You can make a weapon such as the Joker SR15 Carbine fire really fast once you get used to the timing between shots in order to maximize firerate, especially with Cooling Jacket on it. This goes for every semi-auto weapon and even burst weapons such as the OBIR or OSCAR.

Regardless, you mentioned that you came back for the Beta but you did not mention how long your break from APB has been. Perhaps you are just rusty after a long while of being away from the game and you need to re-learn some aspects?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Broadcast: Please stop cheating

Cheater: No

Wow, we stopped cheaters. Good job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They have certainly tried and had good results. It's only getting worse because we had to go back to BE. Which is unfortunate.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Omega101 said:

That alone would stop half of the cheaters because right now most of the cheaters beleave that only hackers are banned. 

What sort of drugs are you taking in order to believe that? Cos they must be good and I want some.

Most people who cheat know full well that it's against the rules and they can be banned for it, if caught. They just don't think they'll get caught.

I don't know chief, I haven't played much in the weeks after BE but I've only seen a handful of cheaters (mostly the day BE was introduced)

I think people are in general very quick to cry wolf in this community, and its mostly edge lord that want to make it look like they are cheating or just good players with game knowledge.

In games like this, that's been alive for 10 years, you have A LOT of players that are miles above average and it just makes them look like hackers to almost any normal player

Edited by Boxo

2 hours ago, Boxo said:

I don't know chief, I haven't played much in the weeks after BE but I've only seen a handful of cheaters (mostly the day BE was introduced)

Yeah I agree with that.

The first few days of BattlEye was awful with cheaters in almost every mission, as well as the toxicity being at an all time high.

Who would have thought that the people crying about non-existent cheaters on the daily install cheats once they can get their hands on them. Surprise surprise.

I guess Little Orbit deployed changes to BattlEye at some point, because I have yet to see a single cheater since then.

Right now I honestly don't see a difference between EAC and BE. You could have swapped them out and I wouldn't have noticed.

11 hours ago, Deadliest said:

^ This.

The community is small enough that people should be aware of this by now.

It's extremely obvious to see when a new player is using cheats, especially now that spotter has been nerfed.

12 hours ago, Omega101 said:

I came back for the Beta test, which I had no trouble with as I created a character in the beta instead of trying to import one. So I jumped into APB after and since have tried 3 more times  and in every match there was a minimum of 1 cheat with as high as the entire enemy team being from one of the old un-banned cheat clans.

The point is, players left because of the massive cheaters, not because of the graphics in the game. 

Making the game look better will never bring people back into a cheat riddled game ask combat arms, they tried to do the same thing you are. That game died because they tried everything except getting rid of the cheaters.

And here is the funny part, ALL LO has to do is  add a broadcast to the game  "Notice: Players  all of the cheat types can be banned, which includes Bots, Exploits, hate speech or imagery, not just hacks when reported" 

That alone would stop half of the cheaters because right now most of the cheaters beleave that only hackers are banned.  A broadcast every half hour will be enough because when you ask any of the cheats they will respond with "I am not hacking"   The problem is that it is true, the guy wearing the Nazi shirt driving the nazi mobile calling everyone in dist ******ews using bots like there is a clearance sale is not hacking.

Are you on drugs or? Reading your words, it's obvious that they were simply better than you, since Little Orbit came along, with both BE and EAC I've never found any Aimbotter or Wallhacker 🤔

14 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

ur bad

The funny thing is that this is what every cheater has said at some point.  What does being better than some one have to do with a cheater cheating?

Every cheater, banned or not yet banned, has said this. This is because they do not know or believe they are cheating. 

You see a player sit fire squat fire sit fire squat fire (rinse and repeat), does a supposed skill make a difference? They will tell you "ur bad"  which does not change the fact that they are cheating.

I have had cheaters even claim their bot's skill as their own.

You see a player grab a safe and fire,jump,grab,run,fire,jump,grab,run,(rinse and repeat) so that they are carrying the obj faster than you can chase them. They will also say "ur bad" because you were not able to stop them running down the road with the heavy item. Are they a better player? No they are cheating.

You are fighting a VIP and you see him ,with his teammates beside him, reacting to your movements thought several buildings. The snap on you and kill you the second you round a corner. Are they better players? No they are cheating.

You are chasing the enemy and get side swiped by a Grey they gray continues to hit you or block the objectives with their vehicle, is it because they are better players? No, it is because cheating.

I could go on but the point is that every cheater I have ever seen has always said "too ezy, ur bad, uninstall,etc...)  Unlike some one posted above, i don't  think that most cheaters are doing it to annoy players. I think they have gotten so use to cheating that they do not realize they are cheating even though the list of banable acts is listed in the eula.

15. Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, loopholes, design errors or problems in the game. Player acknowledges and agrees to report all problems, errors or bugs in the game to APB Reloaded as soon as they are found as their continued use can damage the enjoyment of the game for all its players. Those users caught cheating may suffer suspension from the APB Reloaded game, or manipulation of their character to remedy the game abuse. Please be considerate at all times of other members playing APB Reloaded. APB Reloaded will use diligent efforts to fix these types of issues in a timely manner, and will give all customers the benefit of the doubt when dealing with these problems.

16. Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software. (bot)

17. Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.

Remember that the GM's posted that not just  macros but anything that mimics a macro is a bot.

Next time you play actually watch the players on both sides. do they:

run with an item? (bot)

swap their weapon from hand to hand firing with each swap? (bot)

Are grouped with a cheater? (exploit)

Tracking the enemy through walls, always firing at the enemy as they come around a corner. (hack)

Kangaroo jump and place an item on top of an area you can not reach? (bot/glitch)

Team kill or even just weaken you by shooting you while you have OP? (exploit)

Edited by Omega101

17 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

What does being better than some one have to do with a cheater cheating?

generally a player that does not know the limits of what is possible ingame is a poor judge of what goes beyond those limits

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Flaws said:

I wonder what you mean with "track you through buildings". First, if anyone is wallhacking and they are looking at you through a wall, you likely wouldn't know about that unless you can see their position and you can tell that they are moving towards you, pre-nading you or pre-firing you without having any solid knowledge about your position repeatedly (keep an eye out for Spotter, Tagger mod users and Firework Launcher users).

That reminds me about the one game i had ages ago against a guy that was VIP, hiding behind a building, 2 entrances, he'd really react exactly to whatever entrance you'd about to take.. no spotter, no radar tower car, no teammate of him to tell him.. it was glorious. Most wallhaxers can't really hide that they have information they shouldn't have, but its hard to get evidence unless the walling guy is VIP and kinda dumb.

Maybe apb could need something like CSGO's overwatch program, serverside recording games and having em reviewed with review-wallhax, but then this game is likely to small to support something like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikiy said:

Maybe apb could need something like CSGO's overwatch program, serverside recording games and having em reviewed with review-wallhax, but then this game is likely to small to support something like that.

can't wait to get banned by someone like op who thinks swapping shoulders and crouch spamming is cheating

4 hours ago, Omega101 said:

run with an item? (bot) 

swap their weapon from hand to hand firing with each swap? (bot)

Are grouped with a cheater? (exploit)

Tracking the enemy through walls, always firing at the enemy as they come around a corner. (hack)

Kangaroo jump and place an item on top of an area you can not reach? (bot/glitch)

Team kill or even just weaken you by shooting you while you have OP? (exploit)

You run the same speed as an item juggler.

V spam switching is very easy and is done to BM you.

How do they know they are grouped with a cheater.

Can never know if someone really is cheating 100%

You can jump and grab the item yourself.

Can we get a system in this game where if the game suspects a cheater

The matchmaking will make a 7 vs 1

A nice troll is what cheaters need

• Like 1

I hate to say it but the reason people stopped playing APB is because its an old game that has had very little added to it over the years and was never that popular to begin with.

20 hours ago, Omega101 said:

Making the game look better will never bring people back

You miss the whole point of engine upgrade, how game looks is last (and least) point of it.

Do you research before whining

19 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Most people left because other competitive games don't have as many issues. Popular APB streamers play at 800x600 res, some even lower, just to get the game to not stutter so bad.

This one may come as a suprise but they play on such res not to improve game's performace, but because of norecoil bug and cuz on lower resolution it's easier to aim

wannabe esportsmans 

Edited by Nerima

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I hate to say it but the reason people stopped playing APB is because its an old game that has had very little added to it over the years and was never that popular to begin with.

Was on a convo about this same thing, despite cheating. We can all agree that there is just so much you can do on the same 2 maps for over 5 years.

Do.. do you seriously think they're upgrading the engine purely for graphics?

Just now, GhosT said:

Do.. do you seriously think they're upgrading the engine purely for graphics?

this one is extremely common misconception i'm waging war against from immemorial times