HighSociety

About threat segregation... again.

About threat segregation... again.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How should LO treat the threat?

• keep everything like it is
    • remove threat segregation (so we can play whatever district we want to)
    • remove threat segregation + remove visible threat (second + stop ppl crying about gold, silver, bronce... whatever)

14 hours ago, Flaws said:

~Snip~

So what u basically saying is that it's better for the Game that people aren't able to play at all than playing against too easy or too hard enemies? 

-full districts

-spamming join

-waterfront not available for golds

Meh...

dunno man...

EDIT: Just talking about NOW not talking about after EUpgrade

Edited by HighSociety

Servers open to anyone, matchmaking based on a person's rank.

• Like 2

After 3.5 final release population will jump at least 2-3 times so gold and green districts gonna start filling again and matchmaking gonna improve by itself(kinda)The last threat/matchmaking system G1 made is not so bad..the biggest problem right now is the small pool of players so everybody play on silver and bronze districts(4 threat lvl players play on 2 threat districts)

This not gonna work.Im max rank but silver.I know many players which are bronzes and below.So this cant be..

Idk how gonna work the new matchmaking in details(actually i kinda know from qna but still not sure)but theres many things that can be done with the current all depends on high population.If we have atleast 2k players per server(servers i mean EU and NA)i think best solution is to lock all players to theyr threat districts and make another mixed threat district where everybody are free to join.Thats only gonna work if the game have a lot of players dou

Edited by TheMessiah

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

So what u basically saying is that it's better for the Game that people aren't able to play at all than playing against too easy or too hard enemies? 

-full districts

-spamming join

-waterfront not available for golds

Meh...

dunno man...

EDIT: Just talking about NOW not talking about after EUpgrade

I don't think they plan to touch anything prior to the engine upgrade anyway. 

8 hours ago, Kast2 said:

Rank is not an indicator of skill.

• Thanks 1

I hate when people say "that match was the best the matchmaking could do" I would rather wait 10 more minutes for a match that is fair rather than on my team I get 2 silvers and my opp being 3 times better than mine combined.

3 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

I would rather wait until a group of players having equal skill logs in to the game, joins my district, and readys up at the same time.

Im not sure at all why you think just 10 minutes would help.
It could be hours, or matchmaking can just give you the best it has.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

just a time i picked, im saying id rather have the matchmaking look through what players are available, then pick out the ones that are as close to me as possible. Regardless if they are in a mission, and if they are in a mission ill wait for that opp. 

Thinking of the saying "good things come to those who wait"

Edited by R3ACT3M

1 minute ago, R3ACT3M said:

I hate when people say "that match was the best the matchmaking could do" I would rather wait 10 more minutes for a match that is fair rather than on my team I get 2 silvers and my opp being 3 times better than mine combined.

in theory yes, but once you're at a high enough threat or if your group has the wrong combination of elos that 10 minutes turns into 20, or 30, or possibly longer

even 10 minutes in between missions can drag you down to like 2 mission per hour - apb hasn't really been pick-up-and-play friendly for a long time, but i think that's excessive

17 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I already wait for like 10 mins a mission..........

16 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

id rather have the matchmaking look through what players are available, then pick out the ones that are as close to me as possible. Regardless if they are in a mission, and if they are in a mission ill wait for that opp.

*if that opp exists at all

In the end I just want opp. I'd prefer if it made both teams the same size, but getting uneven opp is better than no opp.

2 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

In the end I just want opp. I'd prefer if it made both teams the same size, but getting uneven opp is better than no opp.

even if it makes the game un fun? you sir are stronger willed than I

I hate getting people who are worst than me and better than me...

I like fair fights where both sides are neck at neck for the win. 

Not matches where I get slaughtered or I do the slaughtering 

But of course that's in a perfect world and im sure no game can do that 100% of the time

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, HighSociety said:

I got a clear stance on that.

We have to remove the threat segregation! From the beginning it was a fail to introduce it.

As an addition we should remove the visibility of threat to stop ppl crying about it.

In my opinion, in the medium and long term, it will bring more players to APB.

Everyone saying we have already tried:

NO... we didn't cuz EU servers were hosted in NA and many ppl just didn't play because of high ping.

I guess we have already tried it... and it have made happy neither casual players nor competitive players.

At the end what mainly make the difference between each players are just two:

1) Experience/ Game hours (in pvp servers not in Marina, hrs count's time there shall be disabled or make one aside in future.. )

2) connection/ ping, Fiber vs Cable/dsl players ... better connections= faster react and perform better overall ( of course I dont count "someone" with self vpn/ auto-lag their connection 😂)

The second one is kinda almost out of LO's management  and the first one may be "bypassed" creating new accounts, but normally the detrathers are people with weak connections or pc, or both.

Your way will not resolve the problem, LO shall find a way to keep  new players out from older ones until they have reached a certain game hrs and rank (at around 200 hrs u start to understand the game mechanics, around 400/ 500 hrs you have got how to make or defend from "some exploit and maps tricks" )  and the same time, make casual and competitive players play in different servers

Of course APb shall enchant a little bit more its competitive servers and players with better  faster rewards than casual (it may be a 10/ 20 % more jk tickets, money or some few things unique like a random free trial weapons of 3 days?, clan wars ? etc).

I guess LO with JK introduction has already made a experiment and preparative in this direction for keeping its player base and gain more players in future, but need more contenents and especially in regular time.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:21 AM, R3ACT3M said:

even if it makes the game un fun? you sir are stronger willed than I

I hate getting people who are worst than me and better than me...

I like fair fights where both sides are neck at neck for the win. 

Not matches where I get slaughtered or I do the slaughtering 

But of course that's in a perfect world and im sure no game can do that 100% of the time

There is a point where the matchmaking takes so long that you just wanna play. Sometimes I'll sit in district and never get a game.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

There is a point where the matchmaking takes so long that you just wanna play. Sometimes I'll sit in district and never get a game.

i remember a while back I was playing and no matter which district I chose i could not get into a game.

So is it annoying? or a blessing in disguise?

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

i remember a while back I was playing and no matter which district I chose i could not get into a game.

So is it annoying? or a blessing in disguise?

i can't remember this happen back than when there was no threath segregation at all 🤔

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 1

I think there should be threat segregation but only for actual new players (bronze or lower threat and less than 50 hours maybe?) so they get a taste of the game. I have no idea how you would implement that and if these districts would have enough population though. Also the game should kind of tell new players how the whole threat segregated districts work so they know where they should be playing.

I feel like a lot of newcomers have a very hard time in APB

• Like 1

Dont care what they do afterwards, but just remove the damn threat segregation already. Wake up and check your total population. In what normal head diving population further is a good idea, huh? Jeeeeeesus... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatro said:

I think there should be threat segregation but only for actual new players (bronze or lower threat and less than 50 hours maybe?) so they get a taste of the game. I have no idea how you would implement that and if these districts would have enough population though. Also the game should kind of tell new players how the whole threat segregated districts work so they know where they should be playing.

I feel like a lot of newcomers have a very hard time in APB

There used to be a training district that you could join, but you had to be under a certain rank. Don't know why they ditched it.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:59 AM, SquirrelFace said:

There used to be a training district that you could join, but you had to be under a certain rank. Don't know why they ditched it.

It was ditched because it was never populated, so players couldn't complete the original tutorial that utilized it. Oh, the nostalgia... you actually had to level your tier 0 contact back then (Wilson LeBoyce for enforcers, Double B for criminals) by completing that tutorial. Nowadays, these contacts are instantly maxed out the moment a new character enters a district.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It was ditched because it was never populated, so players couldn't complete the original tutorial that utilized it.

there was no need for population to complete the tutorial, it was ditched because new players got stuck there once the tutorial was “finished” since they didn’t know how to switch districts, and eventually they just quit because the game looks empty and dead

also i suspect another factor was people abusing the training districts to ramraid/mug with no consequences

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It was ditched because it was never populated, so players couldn't complete the original tutorial that utilized it. Oh, the nostalgia... you actually had to level your tier 0 contact back then (Wilson LeBoyce for enforcers, Double B for criminals) by completing that tutorial. Nowadays, these contacts are instantly maxed out the moment a new character enters a district.

The old tutorial didn't put you in to player missions anyway. It put you in to solo missions that were enough to level the contacts.