Sign in to follow this  
MotoroIa

Config Text Color?

An explanation on how and where to edit text colors? Such as killfeed of my teammates or opponents. Or where it says "killed by", "killed". 

Yes I know this is file modifications, but custom configs are allowed and there are colorblind players who need easier to read text. Worst case you break the kill feed and can't see your teammates.

- Create a new folder in the localization folder. Rename it "GER"

- Copy the file "HUDMessages.INT" from the INT folder and paste it in the "GER" folder.

- Rename the file to "HUDMessages.GER"

- Create a shortcut to APB.exe. Edit the shortcut and add "-language=1031" to the end of the target path.

- Use this shortcut to launch APB for now on.

In the HUDMessages file, the kill messages start at line 109, and I think end at 118. I would use Notepad++ or another advanced text editor to make it easier to replace the text.

For this example, I changed line 109. I replaced <col:Action_Enemy> with <col:StageText>

Old:
HUDMessages_AM_CombatKillOpp_DisplayText=<col:Action_Enemy><KillerCharacterName></col> <col:Action_Enemy_Assist><KillerAssistName></col><WeaponIcon> <col:Action_Team><KilledCharacterName></col>

New:
HUDMessages_AM_CombatKillOpp_DisplayText=<col:StageText><KillerCharacterName></col> <col:Action_Enemy_Assist><KillerAssistName></col><WeaponIcon> <col:Action_Team><KilledCharacterName></col>

WiLdWep.png

If you wanted the text to be blue, you would replace it with <col:Blue>

If you wanted the pink color that the valentines day text uses, you would use <col:Valentine_Pink>

You can also use RGB values by replacing it with <Color:R=1 G=1 B=1>. You can enter values from 0 to 1. 0 being no color, 1 being full color.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Download my config and take a look at the localization folder. Its available on my twitch stream link in my signature. You can open up the files individually and edit everything using my config as a base and as a reference.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this