MattScott

Anti-cheat / APB Update Status

Can we get some kind of word on if its okay to use ultimate crosshair in overwolf?

I know of countless players who use it in *every* game, its no more game changing or invasive as a little icon poping up when someones talking. And lets be honest vivox has been a fail since day one.

16 hours ago, RodriguesPTF said:

Actualy you are wrong. This is what he said:

"

Hi there,

We are going to work on this for many reasons.. size, colorblindness, etc.

It's just a question of time and other higher priorities right now.

Thanks,
Matt

"

Boderland Shaders actually makes the game more enjoable 🙂

Then put in a request to get it legitimately added to the game. You know it's not allowed unofficially.

On 6/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, Fubukigata said:

Finally a CEO with more than 30 iq, seriously thank you @MattScott

How about implenting a CRISP staff to apply sanctions about trash talking and hackusating ? It's been toxic over 8 years :x

"quoting the whole thing"

Great Idea, mentioning that 🙂 I was wondering what happened to that plan, or initiative. Thank you @Fubukigata , for reminding the new staff about this. This community needs CRISP!!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, Glubbable said:

Like your cross hair turning red for a brief second when someone stands behind the corner of a closed door.

these are just little perks we can all enjoy now and then.. no need to have these removed 😎

The crosshair should be changed to white, to deter color bots aka triggerbots, that search for a specific value of red. Usually these type of people play with bloom off and their brightness set a certain way, so that the color bot can be more accurate. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Songbearer said:

While I agree that most of these "mechanics" are useful and very important for high level play and indeed I use them myself, the problem is that a lot of these systems come from broken or unintentional interactions in the engine. These are tricks that you can only really pick up from seeing other players abuse them rather than a system that has been designed from the ground up to be used that way, and as such new players are going to be completely lost and confused when people use these things against you. It's just not explained, and if it was an intended mechanic it really should have a proper system for it. Jumpkicking could be replaced with a "safe" opening animation that keeps your character off to the side (but is slower) and so on.

Some arcane mechanics in a game is a good thing, like trick jumps in a map or dodge jumping in Unreal or circle and strafe jumping in Quake. It's just something else to learn and get better at besides just pointing and clicking. Fortunately, the ones in APB are mostly easy to figure out conceptually just by seeing them in action once or twice and then it's just a matter of practice.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:36 PM, Nite said:

The Real-est dev post I have ever seen since maybe 2015.

Since ever to me, never seen such clear attitude with words that are literally facts.

+REP To you Matt Scott!

On 6/11/2018 at 10:36 PM, Nite said:

The Real-est dev post I have ever seen since maybe 2015.

Since ever to me, never seen such clear attitude with words that are literally facts.

+REP To you Matt Scott!

Having the new anti cheat is great, but I think if you wait too much longer, you will lose the momentum in reviving this game. New players have come in droves, and are starting to leave because "nothing is new" in terms of cheaters. Also by announcing that no bans have taken place, you have basically told the hacking community that was partially afraid to use hacks for the first few days, that its ok to go on using them because you have not taken action against them yet. Of course this could have been your intention all along to expedite the data you need to tune FF and BE but... A lot of us that have come back under the new promise of a revived game are starting to doubt the changes and people are already leaving again.

3 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Having the new anti cheat is great, but I think if you wait too much longer, you will lose the momentum in reviving this game. New players have come in droves, and are starting to leave because "nothing is new" in terms of cheaters. Also by announcing that no bans have taken place, you have basically told the hacking community that was partially afraid to use hacks for the first few days, that its ok to go on using them because you have not taken action against them yet. Of course this could have been your intention all along to expedite the data you need to tune FF and BE but... A lot of us that have come back under the new promise of a revived game are starting to doubt the changes and people are already leaving again.

How can they be new players but also be aware of the same old same old? If they are new and think everyone is cheating then they need to get better. 

I do not think Little Orbit is allowing people to cheat. BE has been around less than a week. Let them collect some data so we can avoid the false bans that killed the game under G1. 

How come the other players have to be cheating? Is it a possibility they aren’t cheating and just better? Before Little Orbit purchased APB the forums were full of “get BattlEye, get a client side anti cheat.” They did just that and we still have threads claiming there are a bunch of cheaters. 

People will never be satisfied and it will never end. 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 9:32 PM, MattScott said:

We took a very conservative approach this weekend. We didn't want a scenario where BE started mass autobanning players for incorrect reasons. We never want to have to mass unban again for some anti-cheat problem. Instead we chose to record and analyze the data, and then we will be processing players accordingly. Moving forward we are also adding extra detections one at a time till we feel the system is running smoothly. 

Anti-cheat will never be perfect.

Having said that, there are some amazing players in the game who have spent years to master very difficult skills. They know the guns and their various parameters. They know the maps and where people tend to go. They know how to use APB's 3rd person camera to attack behind them which can look like a snap. My point is that to the average FPS player, these players can look like cheating. But APB is not an FPS. We need to make sure we don't punish good players.

Waw, this is the most beautiful thing i ever heard from you. A lot of people call me hacker because i do some tricks like throw a nade behind me without turn, and cancel animation shotgun for shot faster etc etc.. Feels so good to see someone take care about players who got some experience in the game and don't ban them without reason, you're going in a good way to ban people manually in my opinion it's the best way to don't make mistakes. 

3 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

How can they be new players but also be aware of the same old same old? If they are new and think everyone is cheating then they need to get better. 

I do not think Little Orbit is allowing people to cheat. BE has been around less than a week. Let them collect some data so we can avoid the false bans that killed the game under G1. 

How come the other players have to be cheating? Is it a possibility they aren’t cheating and just better? Before Little Orbit purchased APB the forums were full of “get BattlEye, get a client side anti cheat.” They did just that and we still have threads claiming there are a bunch of cheaters. 

New is a relative term to how the population has been over the last few years. I suppose I should have said players are starting to come back in droves since people like you cant actually talk about a subject without attempting to discredit someone or try to make them look dumb to set up your own point.

And I never said EVERYONE is cheating, I just said there are a ton of them and they stopped briefly for a few days, then started back up again. Also un-banning all the cheating accounts. AKA trash accounts just gave them MORE accounts to jump back into to throw out. But I understand the reasoning behind the mass un-ban.

And for the record, I was one of the first if not THE first person to make the argument that it takes at least a week for them to use cheater data to tune both FF and BE but apparently you decided to champion my own topic for me.

My entire point here was simple to appeal to LO and ask them not to wait too long. I never specified any kind of time frame, I simply implied to make it as quick as possible before too many people leave again.

Finally, yes there are a "few" players that are better than me. I have always been in top 10-15% of this game and will remain in that spot until I can no longer play or until the game goes offline. I also have experience with cheats, game mechanics, scripting, programming, and several other areas that allow me to have a particularly good idea of when someone is actually good or cheating.

As a matter of fact, even G1 stated at one time that if they banned everyone that was cheating they would lose 80% of their player base over night, that is why they did the second chance, and the come clean deals a few years back. So its not just an opinion, its backed by actual events that have occurred over the years.

Oh yes, and last but not least, to add insult to injury, there is also a thing known as a reputation, so it is entirely possible for someone to come to this game completely fresh, never having played it before and know about the reputation it has of being completely over run with cheaters. So yeah...

Edited by Dreadarm

On 6/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, Fubukigata said:

Finally a CEO with more than 30 iq, seriously thank you @MattScott

How about implenting a CRISP staff to apply sanctions about trash talking and hackusating ? It's been toxic over 8 years :x

"quoting the whole thing"

How about you realize when some of the pedestrian dialogues are more offensive than most of the crap you will encounter from players and even the vending machines drop f bombs constantly that you may be in a mature game and go care bear on a game that cares back 😄

Edited by Percocet

4 hours ago, Dreadarm said:

Finally, yes there are a "few" players that are better than me. I have always been in top 10-15% of this game and will remain in that spot until I can no longer play or until the game goes offline. I also have experience with cheats, game mechanics, scripting, programming, and several other areas that allow me to have a particularly good idea of when someone is actually good or cheating.

As a matter of fact, even G1 stated at one time that if they banned everyone that was cheating they would lose 80% of their player base over night, that is why they did the second chance, and the come clean deals a few years back. So its not just an opinion, its backed by actual events that have occurred over the years.

I was never trying to discredit you. I was asking for clarification.

How do you calculate your statistics? Seems like many people in the gaming community are an expert on statistics and spotting cheaters. When did G1 say they would lose 80% of their player base? You think all those silvers and bronzes in the bronze district are cheating? I've played this game for a pretty long time and I haven't encountered cheaters at the same rate you claim. I wonder why?

Slow and steady guys, wait up for the anti-cheat to fully collect data and set itself, meanwhile keep playing it will worth it eventually I think >.<

While I lend my thanks to LO for inserting battleye into the mix. I can't help but shake my head at the fact that i'm still encountering blatants and togglers alike.. Feels moot.

Just now, Percocet said:

How about you realize when some of the pedestrian dialogues are more offensive than most of the crap you will encounter from players and even the vending machines drop f bombs constantly that you may be in a mature game and go care bear on a game that cares back 😄

Matt Scott wants the game to PG-13, and I don't know how that's going to be possible...

14 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

you really think the false bans killed the old game? surely not.

5 hours ago, KillerDragn said:

While I lend my thanks to LO for inserting battleye into the mix. I can't help but shake my head at the fact that i'm still encountering blatants and togglers alike.. Feels moot.

The next step is to get a hack det program that will detect these bots on game startup and block them from being able to start the game. Add in gm oversight on dist to kick said botters and ud see very few of em.

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

you really think the false bans killed the old game? surely not.

Yeah. The reign of Tiggs really helped the game by banning the population because they sold shirts, criticized Tiggs, said they were 12, and played summit on stream. 

Coincidence the population has almost tripled on NA? Coincidence people are coming back to play with their friends who were banned? 

The management of the old team killed the game while you celebrated those bans. Wake up and face the fact how duped you were. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Yeah. The reign of Tiggs really helped the game by banning the population because they sold shirts, criticized Tiggs, said they were 12, and played summit on stream. 

Coincidence the population has almost tripled on NA? Coincidence people are coming back to play with their friends who were banned? 

The management of the old team killed the game while you celebrated those bans. Wake up and face the fact how duped you were. 

the majorit yof peopel i know left because of cheaters. People come bakc with the hope cheaters get banned properly. because thats basically the only thing that actualyl changed. Poeple started coming back before the unbans.

and your tripled is to doubt, if you look at steams tatistics you see an increasement, yet it already starts decreasing again because nothing really big changed.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Yes power hungry staff was a big downer but the bigger things that killed the game were

1. Hackers and G1s high hacker tolerance

2. Game bugs and flaws that were abused by the community

3. High threats spitting all over anybody lower then them cause they have god complexes

4. High threats and high ranks dethreating to stomp over newbies and then call them bad cause they dont want to face ppl of similar skill.

5. Lack of new content like new maps and missions.

3 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

the majorit yof peopel i know left because of cheaters. People come bakc with the hope cheaters get banned properly. because thats basically the only thing that actualyl changed. Poeple started coming back before the unbans.

and your tripled is to doubt, if you look at steams tatistics you see an increasement, yet it already starts decreasing again because nothing really big changed.

Seriosuly get better if you think everyone is cheating. I hope players leave who think everyone is cheating rather than convincing Tiggs to ban legit players. Why would any half decent player want to invest money knowing the CM perma bans for ridiculous reasons? I know I played a lot less after losing friends due to unfair bans. 

Doubt the numbers all want. It doesn’t surprise me. I actually play on NA. The population was 200-250 on a good day. We are at 700+ now despite what stream charts say. We went from 1 silver district to 3-4 sometimes even 5. Many of my old friends have returned full time and have spent money. 

Keep doubting all you want and keep your narrow perspective. It’s just funny in my 8 years of playing this game I never thought cheaters was an issue. I played a game against a streamer last night and watched the reply and he was convinced my team was cheating and using trigger bots. 

It is that insecure attitude that kills the game. People quick to think their shortcomings are not the issue and blame others.