MattScott

Anti-cheat / APB Update Status

On 6/14/2018 at 7:29 AM, LaQuandra said:

Yeah. The reign of Tiggs really helped the game by banning the population because they sold shirts, criticized Tiggs, said they were 12, and played summit on stream. 

Coincidence the population has almost tripled on NA? Coincidence people are coming back to play with their friends who were banned? 

The management of the old team killed the game while you celebrated those bans. Wake up and face the fact how duped you were. 

HAHA I was one of the people who got banned for selling shirts... *sigh*. Good times, good times.

Edited by Dreadarm

26 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

HAHA I was one of the people who got banned for selling shirts... *sigh*. Good times, good times.

And yet ppl had the audacity to defend tiggs after that and state she was doing a good job. Those ppl were either kissing patootie or were under rocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, BXNNXD said:

still can’t get used to this

Sounds like you are getting a little sick of it? Hue hue hue

On 6/12/2018 at 3:31 AM, gothroach said:

There's a lot of situational and environmental clues in APB that can help put you in the right direction if you pay attention.  Everything you mentioned plus stuff like noticing when pedestrians start running, watching for boxes and crap that people kick around corners while peeking, listening for the environmental sounds (dogs barking in some areas for instance) that are on a trigger, the radar, and a myriad of other stuff I can't think of right now.  Oh, and luck.

The spawn system and map design is also fairly simplistic, so figuring out where enemies can spawn is fairly trivial.

In case of map design, this is a good thing, mind you. But for spawns it's kind of a drawback.

15 hours ago, Dreadarm said:

What kind of shirt?

Game is dead, only thing alive is people arguing on forums 24/7

Eksdeee

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stingr said:

Game is dead, only thing alive is people arguing on forums 24/7

Eksdeee

If they lower Armas prices, rollback the fubared threat segregation and reimplement RTW threat-scoring-matchmaking, set BE to actually ban shenanigans (temp bans are my preference given the dubious nature of the population and the risk of false bans), perform the engine upgrade, and add new content: contacts, cloths, maps, clan v clan wars, and a Battle Royale district.... this game will not only come to life.... APB'r the Second Coming will be sweet beyond words and no doubt a huge commercial success for the awesome team at Little Orbit.
giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

If they lower Armas prices, rollback the fubared threat segregation and reimplement RTW threat-scoring-matchmaking, set BE to actually ban shenanigans (temp bans are my preference given the dubious nature of the population and the risk of false bans), perform the engine upgrade, and add new content: contacts, cloths, maps, clan v clan wars, and a Battle Royale district.... this game will not only come to life.... APB'r the Second Coming will be sweet beyond words and no doubt a huge commercial success for the awesome team at Little Orbit.
giphy.gif

it’s like alonzo is still here with us in spirit

19 hours ago, Hey! said:

Mostly agree, aside from the Battle Royale, the game style is being done to death by Paladins, Fortnite, PUBG, and soon Call of Duty. We don't need another battle royale game, what we need is lag fixes, the engine upgrade, proper events, contests, etc etc etc; content. Armas also needs to be completely reworked in terms of pricing, in addition to adding vehicle kits for the preexisting vehicles that have been ignored, like the pickup trucks.

• Like 1

Tiggs was a glorified fax machine copy pasting patch notes and picked favorites. I hope having "canned from two games cm position" on her resume locks her out of the industry permanently. A pure toxic force to animals and players alike.

Edited by Percocet

5 hours ago, Eerie said:

Mostly agree, aside from the Battle Royale, the game style is being done to death by Paladins, Fortnite, PUBG, and soon Call of Duty. We don't need another battle royale game...

I didn't say transform the already successful game that APB is, but like we have a Baylan Fight Club District, a Battle Royal ruleset and separate map as part of our already existing Fight Club is just another little goodie, and I don't think would be too hard to implement.  Besides, when a District isn't popular, no one plays in it... consider G1's horribly thought out Open Conflict Districts... they've always been empty. Anyways, LO could always do a email poll to players to see if there was enough interest in a Fight Club Battle Royal District before committing resources to such an idea.
Also, a Battle Royal style map or random generated maps could also be used for clan v clan wars.

23 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s like alonzo is still here with us in spirit

Alonzo is a chick?  Ya don't say.