MattScott

Anti-cheat / APB Update Status

11 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yes power hungry staff was a big downer but the bigger things that killed the game were

1. Hackers and G1s high hacker tolerance

2. Game bugs and flaws that were abused by the community

3. High threats spitting all over anybody lower then them cause they have god complexes

4. High threats and high ranks dethreating to stomp over newbies and then call them bad cause they dont want to face ppl of similar skill.

5. Lack of new content like new maps and missions.

If you truly think that then the game is dead. You’re not going to get a new action district map and new missions. It isn’t going to happen. 

All games have have bugs and people will abuse them. However there are no huge game breaking bugs that a team can exploit and guarneteee victory each time. There are only a select few and most of the community isn’t aware of them. 

How can you say G1 has a high tolerance for cheaters when they banned so many people? Why do you think they put on name and shame? They did it for Lily’s of the world. Even though they banned anyone with any type of skill people were still convinced everyone was cheating. The Lily’s of the world would be satisfied if they are the only player left on the server because it would vindicate their belief of “so many cheaters.” 

I don’t mean to sound rude but if you think cheaters are the big issue in APB you’re simply not good enough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

If you truly think that then the game is dead. You’re not going to get a new action district map and new missions. It isn’t going to happen. 

dude 4 is hella true come to bronze and see for yourself

On 6/13/2018 at 4:42 AM, Kivron said:

Great Idea, mentioning that 🙂 I was wondering what happened to that plan, or initiative. Thank you @Fubukigata , for reminding the new staff about this. This community needs CRISP!!!

So the contacts and joker ammo machines will get banned?

Sorry. Game is 18+. Sorry if a few curse words offend you.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

So the contacts and joker ammo machines will get banned?

Sorry. Game is 18+. Sorry if a few curse words offend you.

it's PG13

1 hour ago, NopeTooFast said:

dude 4 is hella true come to bronze and see for yourself

I introduced some new players to APB a little over a month ago. I played with them in the bronze server on a newly created account. I saw a lot of bronzes and silvers. Play the game long enough and you should be able to compete against most players. It takes time. There is no innate advantage one player holds over another. Takes a backbone and some patience like everything in life.  

2 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I introduced some new players to APB a little over a month ago. I played with them in the bronze server on a newly created account. I saw a lot of bronzes and silvers. Play the game long enough and you should be able to compete against most players. It takes time. There is no innate advantage one player holds over another. Takes a backbone and some patience like everything in life.  

>little over a month

try now

it's just filled with dethreaters in both factions

It's nice to see this game is finally getting the TLC it needs. As soon as I get me a Laptop to use out here on the road as a trucker I'll get back to playing. Until then I'll just keep an eye out on what you guys are doing. It'll be nice to get back in game here eventually.

6 minutes ago, demonoid said:

As soon as I get me a Laptop to use out here on the road as a trucker I'll get back to playing.

What kind of trucker? I hope you're not a dump trucker otherwise coming back to APB is gonna do bad things to you.

Nah, I'm doing long haul flatbed in the lower 48 states. May do Canada too if I decide to get my passport.

I haul primarily glass in a specialized fleet, but also general comodities like lumber, steel, pipes, ECT..

Edited by demonoid
Spelling/grammar fix

6 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

All games have have bugs and people will abuse them. However there are no huge game breaking bugs that a team can exploit and guarneteee victory each time. There are only a select few and most of the community isn’t aware of them. 

How can you say G1 has a high tolerance for cheaters when they banned so many people? Why do you think they put on name and shame? They did it for Lily’s of the world. Even though they banned anyone with any type of skill people were still convinced everyone was cheating. The Lily’s of the world would be satisfied if they are the only player left on the server because it would vindicate their belief of “so many cheaters.” 

I don’t mean to sound rude but if you think cheaters are the big issue in APB you’re simply not good enough. 

Bugs dont needs to be this huge thing, jump dashing with a briefcase is the perfect example. Ppl do that so they can move it faster yet newbies dont know how to do it and its abusing a bug to get an advantage on the other team. You might not think its that big but its actually quite big. And no the games not dead plz lrn to read as I was stating bigger issues as to why the game pop gut as low as it did. And there are quite afew cheaters, some are blatant and others hid it but if you have an eye u can tell.

2 hours ago, NopeTooFast said:

>little over a month

try now

it's just filled with dethreaters in both factions

People having been saying that for years. It isn't a new phenomena.  I am not saying there aren't people dethreating and such, but there does come a time when there are silvers and bronzes who have been playing the game long enough that they should be matched against people of all skill levels. How many hours of game time does an APB player need until they are considered a veteran? When I played in the bronze districts for a few days with my new friends we had legit matches most of the time. Sure we had the occasional rank 255 silvers with Volcanoes and whatever else, but you suck it up and you play, win or lose. 

Sooner or later you have to point the finger at yourself and accept that either you need to get better or accept the fact that others are going to be better than you. Your skill will never increase if you're playing bad competition all day. 

It's just hard to take these threads and comments seriously when you hear "everyone is cheating." "everyone is dethreating" "everyone is using a trigbot," etc. 

What makes me so unique in my 6000 hours that I don't encounter these issues on a daily basis yet others do? 

10 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

People having been saying that for years. It isn't a new phenomena.  I am not saying there aren't people dethreating and such, but there does come a time when there are silvers and bronzes who have been playing the game long enough that they should be matched against people of all skill levels. How many hours of game time does an APB player need until they are considered a veteran? When I played in the bronze districts for a few days with my new friends we had legit matches most of the time. Sure we had the occasional rank 255 silvers with Volcanoes and whatever else, but you suck it up and you play, win or lose. 

Sooner or later you have to point the finger at yourself and accept that either you need to get better or accept the fact that others are going to be better than you. Your skill will never increase if you're playing bad competition all day. 

It's just hard to take these threads and comments seriously when you hear "everyone is cheating." "everyone is dethreating" "everyone is using a trigbot," etc. 

What makes me so unique in my 6000 hours that I don't encounter these issues on a daily basis yet others do? 

pXZGnXx.png

39 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I don't really hackusate much. I don't think the cheater problem is as big as others would make you believe.

But, as far as dealing with the daily dethreaters, yeah, some are those floaters, but then there are those 255's that clearly have NO reason to be in Bronze. Yet they are there... Daily.

Ask any of the Silvers that play on Bronze, and we can list these people. Tryharding with OSMAW, HVR, NTecs, True Ogres, 4x4's, and Yukons. Going to the perfect camping spots, or running with items. Gotta win at all costs.... Against R50 and lower Bronze players.

I don't expect to win every match. Hell, I've watched MacieJay and KingGeorge lose matches.

But I don't rig the system to get put up against the easiest opposition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, demonoid said:

Nah, I'm doing long haul flatbed in the lower 48 states. May do Canada too if I decide to get my passport.

I haul primarily glass in a specialized fleet, but also general comodities like lumber, steel, pipes, ECT..

dont apb and drive

21 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

Seriosuly get better if you think everyone is cheating. I hope players leave who think everyone is cheating rather than convincing Tiggs to ban legit players. Why would any half decent player want to invest money knowing the CM perma bans for ridiculous reasons? I know I played a lot less after losing friends due to unfair bans. 

Doubt the numbers all want. It doesn’t surprise me. I actually play on NA. The population was 200-250 on a good day. We are at 700+ now despite what stream charts say. We went from 1 silver district to 3-4 sometimes even 5. Many of my old friends have returned full time and have spent money. 

Keep doubting all you want and keep your narrow perspective. It’s just funny in my 8 years of playing this game I never thought cheaters was an issue. I played a game against a streamer last night and watched the reply and he was convinced my team was cheating and using trigger bots. 

It is that insecure attitude that kills the game. People quick to think their shortcomings are not the issue and blame others. 

wher edid I said anything about thinkign everoyne cheats? you see and read things ebyond whats there, fact is most epople stopped palying because of cheaters. Also do you believe the majority of banned people were falesly banned? cheaters definately have been an issues and that ahs nothign to do with an "insecure attitude" maybe your little NA is a bit different, I need to admit playing on Joker felt better than obeya, but ther eit was an serious issue. Also, perma ban for reidiclous reseaons? strange no one I know ever was banned, ther emight be stupid reasons for soem, but surely these peopelmstill triggered someone by more or less bad behavior. I never was banned in any game ever so there is surely a personal attitude towards Mods, CM's GM's and oher players having it's involvement.

you plainly ignore the issues the game has and thats exactly what brought the game in the bad state it is today.

Edited by LilyV3

Thank you so much for this! i hope to see more of the updates soon! and hope battleeye can be fine tuned for this game

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

wher edid I said anything about thinkign everoyne cheats? you see and read things ebyond whats there, fact is most epople stopped palying because of cheaters. Also do you believe the majority of banned people were falesly banned? cheaters definately have been an issues and that ahs nothign to do with an "insecure attitude" maybe your little NA is a bit different, I need to admit playing on Joker felt better than obeya, but ther eit was an serious issue. Also, perma ban for reidiclous reseaons? strange no one I know ever was banned, ther emight be stupid reasons for soem, but surely these peopelmstill triggered someone by more or less bad behavior. I never was banned in any game ever so there is surely a personal attitude towards Mods, CM's GM's and oher players having it's involvement.

you plainly ignore the issues the game has and thats exactly what brought the game in the bad state it is today.

I am am not a developer therefore I cannot ignore the issues that brought the game to it’s state. The biggest issue is lack of content and server performance. Last night a few people I know stopped playing because the lag was annoying. We didn’t face any cheaters in the 5+ missions we played. 

I am glad you admit some might be banned for “stupid reasons.” Seems like a good way to kill your playerbase. Tiggs needed grow up and not be triggered because someone said they were 12 or made a shirt for Epic Goat. And yes I think many were falsely flagged and lost their accounts unfairly.  I think that is pretty significant considering many then quit the game, stopped spending money, and wouldn’t recommend it to other people. That matters. 

Again, I can only speak for myself but never have I played APB for a long play session and encountered unique cheaters consistenctly. Either I am lucky as the other poster suggested or it is overblown by the player population. 

If I have been that lucky for 6000 hours I am booking a trip to Vegas this summer. Honestly though, take emotion out of your feelings about the game and you will have a different perspective. 

2 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I am am not a developer therefore I cannot ignore the issues that brought the game to it’s state. The biggest issue is lack of content and server performance. Last night a few people I know stopped playing because the lag was annoying. We didn’t face any cheaters in the 5+ missions we played. 

I am glad you admit some might be banned for “stupid reasons.” Seems like a good way to kill your playerbase. Tiggs needed grow up and not be triggered because someone said they were 12 or made a shirt for Epic Goat. And yes I think many were falsely flagged and lost their accounts unfairly.  I think that is pretty significant considering many then quit the game, stopped spending money, and wouldn’t recommend it to other people. That matters. 

Again, I can only speak for myself but never have I played APB for a long play session and encountered unique cheaters consistenctly. Either I am lucky as the other poster suggested or it is overblown by the player population. 

If I have been that lucky for 6000 hours I am booking a trip to Vegas this summer. Honestly though, take emotion out of your feelings about the game and you will have a different perspective. 

let's try to calculate this reasonably

my other theory is timezones and regular times that people come on

the times that i usually go onto apb are also likely the same times that a dethreaters decide to come on and sealclub

the times that you go on and do this, they might not be on, at work or asleep, w/e

and other iterations of this

try playing apb at irregular times and see what you get

28 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

let's try to calculate this reasonably

my other theory is timezones and regular times that people come on

the times that i usually go onto apb are also likely the same times that a dethreaters decide to come on and sealclub

the times that you go on and do this, they might not be on, at work or asleep, w/e

and other iterations of this

try playing apb at irregular times and see what you get

I have 6000 hours. I’ve played on all servers. I’ve played at noon, 3PM, 7PM, 3AM. You name the time and I have played. 

Again, I am not saying that dethreaters don’t ruin the experience for some players, but I am not going to buy into the fact that the bronze district is full of them. 

You never answered my question. At how many hours can we take off the APB training wheels for players? Sooner or later everyone just needs to play the game without being entitled to a safe space. Not saying this is you, but if you have like 1000 hours and you’re crying about dethreaters, they aren’t the issue. 

Edited by LaQuandra

16 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

I don't really hackusate much. I don't think the cheater problem is as big as others would make you believe.

But, as far as dealing with the daily dethreaters, yeah, some are those floaters, but then there are those 255's that clearly have NO reason to be in Bronze. Yet they are there... Daily.

Ask any of the Silvers that play on Bronze, and we can list these people. Tryharding with OSMAW, HVR, NTecs, True Ogres, 4x4's, and Yukons. Going to the perfect camping spots, or running with items. Gotta win at all costs.... Against R50 and lower Bronze players.

I don't expect to win every match. Hell, I've watched MacieJay and KingGeorge lose matches.

But I don't rig the system to get put up against the easiest opposition.

I completely agree, ppl dethreating just to roll over new players still learning just to feel good arent in the role model player category. Hell they should be hated by the community and flamed till they have to leave just to stop hearing what ppl have to say. Play fairly and play against similarly skilled players and take ur lumps like a man. Ull have good matches and ull have bad ones its how a game goes normally. The only max ranks that should be allowed in a bronze dist r those that r there to help teach newbies and wont try hard.

1 hour ago, LaQuandra said:

I have 6000 hours. I’ve played on all servers. I’ve played at noon, 3PM, 7PM, 3AM. You name the time and I have played. 

Again, I am not saying that dethreaters don’t ruin the experience for some players, but I am not going to buy into the fact that the bronze district is full of them. 

You never answered my question. At how many hours can we take off the APB training wheels for players? Sooner or later everyone just needs to play the game without being entitled to a safe space. Not saying this is you, but if you have like 1000 hours and you’re crying about dethreaters, they aren’t the issue. 

So 6k hrs yet you still cant figure out that 75% of a bronze dist population is dethreaters and or rerolls? Tell me, what are you smoking? Ive been in the bronze servers and you see more high lvls or max ranks then low lvl new players. And bronze isnt a safe place just an fyi. Guess what there r higher ranks that r actually legitly silver and they play in the bronze dist cuz thats where ppl similarly skilled r normally supposed to be cause all the gold max ranks r in silver dist. The only true safe haven is a green dist and those r normally dead so with that being said, no real safe haven exists.

Edited by Darkzero3802

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I completely agree, ppl dethreating just to roll over new players still learning just to feel good arent in the role model player category. Hell they should be hated by the community and flamed till they have to leave just to stop hearing what ppl have to say. Play fairly and play against similarly skilled players and take ur lumps like a man. Ull have good matches and ull have bad ones its how a game goes normally. The only max ranks that should be allowed in a bronze dist r those that r there to help teach newbies and wont try hard.

So 6k hrs yet you still cant figure out that 75% of a bronze dist population is dethreaters and or rerolls? Tell me, what are you smoking? Ive been in the bronze servers and you see more high lvls or max ranks then low lvl new players. And bronze isnt a safe place just an fyi. Guess what there r higher ranks that r actually legitly silver and they play in the bronze dist cuz thats where ppl similarly skilled r normally supposed to be cause all the gold max ranks r in silver dist. The only true safe haven is a green dist and those r normally dead so with that being said, no real safe haven exists.

I don’t play in bronze districts. If 75% of the bronze district is dethreaters then there aren’t that many new players to begin with so what is the issue? 

New players will either tough it out and get better or they will continue to be bad and quit regardless. 

Nobody still has answered how long a player needs before the training wheels should be taken off. Like everyone else, I was once new to the game. I had to learn it. I had to take my lumps. Heaven forbid I learned from my mistakes and got better. I should be the norm, not the exception. 

Too much entitlement

If you lose consistently and you’re not having fun find a new game or a new hobby rather than expecting people to change for you. Seems like some people want to stay in bronze district forever and not improve. 

6 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

I don’t play in bronze districts. If 75% of the bronze district is dethreaters then there aren’t that many new players to begin with so what is the issue? 

New players will either tough it out and get better or they will continue to be bad and quit regardless. 

Nobody still has answered how long a player needs before the training wheels should be taken off. Like everyone else, I was once new to the game. I had to learn it. I had to take my lumps. Heaven forbid I learned from my mistakes and got better. I should be the norm, not the exception. 

Too much entitlement

If you lose consistently and you’re not having fun find a new game or a new hobby rather than expecting people to change for you. Seems like some people want to stay in bronze district forever and not improve. 

That number isn't accurate, at the moment. We've gotten a lot of influx, thanks to the press about LO getting APB.

But, during the dark days of G1 (before I got suspended), yeah, that number was up there, and if you check the charts, the population tanked.

That's the issue. That's what we want to avoid. When you start a game, and got 0-20 over... And over... And over... And over... And over... Constantly... You aren't going to stick around in that game. Hell, I quit Siege for a while, because I kept dying in the first minute. Then I watched the Pro League, and then, it just started clicking how to play.

With APB, there is no way to get it all to click early on. The map is expansive, and missions are nearly constantly different, unlike Siege. It's over whelming, when you try to think about it through the eyes of a new player.

And that's where the community is at fault. They fail the community by not wanting to help out the community. LO could do massive changes, but it's on us vets to keep people around.