MattScott

Anti-cheat / APB Update Status

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

Bro my ignorelist is full and i aint wanna buy an extender

Clan - WASP INC

You're making me happy, Matt.

So, since the anti-cheat its in stand by, when will be the ban wave (if it took too much time kids will start blatant again)

I agree there are too much toggling.

There are some trash players that cant stand getting rekt and just start triggerbotting with shotguns. its really obvious because the way they fire: instant reflex, never miss, it seems like when your character cross their crosshair they fire no matter what.

I had a few teammates firing me when using my asylum skin (when they turned to me) but i am not sure if playful or accidental.

Edited by Excalibur!

19 hours ago, BlakeEclipse said:

He has already said no Repeatedly on other posts and even on the QnA Stream.

Actualy you are wrong. This is what he said:

"

Hi there,

We are going to work on this for many reasons.. size, colorblindness, etc.

It's just a question of time and other higher priorities right now.

Thanks,
Matt

"

16 hours ago, Westford said:

Matt,

Very much appreciate the detailed updates that your team has been providing,
and the progress your team has made.
It shows ...

The fact that you had in other posts, articulated Little Orbits immediate objectives;

• ·         Performance
  • ·         Anti-Cheat
  • ·         Matchmaking

Has been a confirmation for many in the playerbase, that your team is committed to;

• ·         Player Retention
  • ·         Fair & Competitive gaming experience
  • ·         Future Content

Just to add a thought;

There have been many questions posted related to;

• ·         Macros (either software AutoIt/ AutoHotkey or hardware mouse/keyboard)
  • ·         Overlay Crosshairs
  • ·         Boderland Shaders (3 different versions I believe)
  • ·         Different Shaders
  • ·         Modifiying certain .ini files

External changes (outside of the delivered product),
to provide, a different experience, other than 3rd party Voice COMM software.

As of now, the “Advanced Launcher” is the only non-APB service/product that has been approved
by your team.

You have made it clear, that there are some “features” that LO would like to incorporate
into the APB game, so as ALL, have access (And we are all on the same Playing Field),
without the use of any 3rd party products or services to enhance our gaming experience.

I look forward to the future changes in the coming year.

Regards

Boderland Shaders actually makes the game more enjoable 🙂

30 minutes ago, RodriguesPTF said:

Actualy you are wrong. This is what he said:

"

Hi there,

We are going to work on this for many reasons.. size, colorblindness, etc.

It's just a question of time and other higher priorities right now.

Thanks,
Matt

"

Boderland Shaders actually makes the game more enjoable 🙂

Wat. That had nothing to do with the shaders. This is the actual quote

"

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

Edited by BlakeEclipse

3 hours ago, El-Neko said:

You should really clean out that ignore list then... Since lets be honest here most of those people you have is gone or inactive at this point.

3 hours ago, sijws said:

b-b-but what if one of them came back and he had to see a single toxic message from one of them? He would have to log off the computer for the rest of the week, he'd be so upset

lmfao... nah i can clean it, they prob removed me form friendslist and forgot me by now lmfao...

7 hours ago, Spy said:

@MattScott, what you say is true but also keep in mind when you're analyzing the data that 2 major cheat providing websites already have a cheat up and running (last weekend) with a BE bypass and I've also seen private footage of 1 private cheat already. Experienced cheaters also know how to play the camera, have map knowledge and not to mention the environment. It's not the first time that data is analyzed based on cheaters wityhout the AC knowing this (hello FF). This manipulates the threshold in a negative way and is hardly reducing the expert closet cheaters and that puts us back to square one.

Any word on the GM Volunteer Program progress? Moving to second gear would be nice and would definitely help in catching those pesky closets.

volunteer GMs won’t have ban powers, and they likely shouldn’t have any input on bans (for cheating) imo

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

20 hours ago, Glubbable said:

Like your cross hair turning red for a brief second when someone stands behind the corner of a closed door.

or seeing red names briefly when you go past windows at certain angles...

i think the point was probably more about spotter/vip/firework launcher

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

volunteer GMs won’t have ban powers, and they likely shouldn’t have any input on bans (for cheating) imo

Yeah afaik, GMs will only be able to report suspicious players directly to LO staff. But it is LO staff who will be determining bans.

Edited by CookiePuss

@MattScott Will ban's be broadcast Ingame In the district chat "FairFight : Banned "420dopefishislegitmlg (Cheatadel)"

Also Any plan to dig up unused/Unreleased Content (basically alot of the stuff on APBDB)

6 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

@MattScott Will ban's be broadcast Ingame In the district chat "FairFight : Banned "420dopefishislegitmlg (Cheatadel)"

Also Any plan to dig up unused/Unreleased Content (basically alot of the stuff on APBDB)

As LO said many times they won't broadcast bans Ingame anymore because is a lost anyway. i agree with this decision because at the end this thing made the community more worse and strange in these years.

For the 2nd question at the moment nothing can't be added until the new engine (3.5 and 4.0) because of the code is all completely mess and confusionary.

Example: If they add a new car into armas is possible that somethign completely different will be broken/glitched/bugged, like i don't know.. an outfit or a skin, this happens because of the bad and very old code of the gam.

Still after what i've said i hope they will atleast check into unreleased/unused contents are alredy in APB.

P.S.: This is what i think, just don't make it like a problem, please.

15 hours ago, shaggybertiny said:

I have had problems playing.
having about 15 minutes of games, the screen freezes and after a minimum error mark of approximately fatal.
I have asked several friends and something similar happens to them, but not so often.
I was thinking that it could be my PC, but I play other more demanding games and I play them with all normality

this has been doing after the patch

Espero y puedes ayudarme : 3

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

I said catch cheaters, not ban cheaters 😜

5 hours ago, BlakeEclipse said:

Wat. That had nothing to do with the shaders. This is the actual quote

"

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

Tought you were taling about crosshairs. I am sorry.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:47 PM, koenyboy500 said:

But to survive in APB Reloaded is to know these rules. No doubt in my mind that everyone here knows these things and uses them to their advantage. I just pointed out the wierd things of APB R, but by now these rules are also the things that define APB R for what it is now.     And I wouldn't want to see (most of) these things deleted.

While I agree that most of these "mechanics" are useful and very important for high level play and indeed I use them myself, the problem is that a lot of these systems come from broken or unintentional interactions in the engine. These are tricks that you can only really pick up from seeing other players abuse them rather than a system that has been designed from the ground up to be used that way, and as such new players are going to be completely lost and confused when people use these things against you. It's just not explained, and if it was an intended mechanic it really should have a proper system for it. Jumpkicking could be replaced with a "safe" opening animation that keeps your character off to the side (but is slower) and so on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

While I agree that most of these "mechanics" are useful and very important for high level play and indeed I use them myself, the problem is that a lot of these systems come from broken or unintentional interactions in the engine. These are tricks that you can only really pick up from seeing other players abuse them rather than a system that has been designed from the ground up to be used that way, and as such new players are going to be completely lost and confused when people use these things against you. It's just not explained, and if it was an intended mechanic it really should have a proper system for it. Jumpkicking could be replaced with a "safe" opening animation that keeps your character off to the side (but is slower) and so on.

I totally agree with you and I think it should be.... "modified" or implemented in some kind of mini-tutorial district where it can teach these tricks (propably not cause that would be a tough amount of work).

But even tough these "mechanics" are, as you rightfully say, player-based and non-intended. They do give APB the reason why APB is APB, and I return to this game for many reasons alongside the "mechanics" (altough I'm not sure how the community would react to modifications to these).

Edited by koenyboy500
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, keksz90 said:

Okay, so...

Sorry guys for my ignorance, but am I still allowed to use shaders? Like removing muzzleflash/blood/bullet impacts? I got my pack from Dopefish's stream but am afraid to login with using it, just in case I'd get banned. 😕

ok so, shaders... Altering Shaders should be a no no, because transparent shaders are a thing and it can be used to "wall hack"

I and many others delete the intro videos/loading screen videos for faster load times with SSD.

Is this a bannable modification?

1 hour ago, Songbearer said:

Exactly.

Jump kicking, medium item move "exploit", and various other things....

1 hour ago, Garemie said:

I and many others delete the intro videos/loading screen videos for faster load times with SSD.

Is this a bannable modification?

pretty sure this is something the advanced launcher does, and so its okay

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

pretty sure this is something the advanced launcher does, and so its okay

I believe they called advanced launcher NOT okay.

I had been using adv. launcher to achieve this for years now but I did it manually last week.

1 minute ago, Garemie said:

I believe they called advanced launcher NOT okay.

I had been using adv. launcher to achieve this for years now but I did it manually last week.

advanced launcher has been officially approved