kristabelles

Best Weapons to Train your Aim???

I really hate to post this here but I guess since no one knows who I am anyway it doesn't matter LOL.

I've recently started playing again. I've played on and off sinceeee...2012. So you'd think I would be YEETYEET pro skillz.  The thing is I do have good strategies since I know the map so well but because I lack good aim I tend to just fail epicly. I don't even know if it's cause I'm putting pressure on myself to perform like max rank gold (cause I've played for so long) or if I just lack training/practice.

I know a lot of people suggest adjusting DPI and turning off certain settings, well I've done that and I do aim somewhat better with the new settings HOWEVER. It is not as good as I would like it to be. I want to be able to actually kill someone with an NTEC instead of poking them sporadically and just being out shot. 

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any guns I could FORCE myself to play with so I can better my accuracy? I really want to play mid-long range since I'm pretty decent with OCA/PMGs... 

Is this a dumb question? Should I just keep forcing myself to use NTEC and cry????

• Like 2

I would go for oca without mods / n tec without mods.

I'd personally use something like the OSCAR

accurate enough to remove a lot of the RNG in game and versatile enough that you aren't hating your gaming experience

if you really want to force yourself to aim better, any gun with a higher than average ttk will do

im not sure that's really the best way to go about improving your aim tho - something like kovaak would probably help far more, although i dont think apb is worth the effort

24 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

I would go for oca without mods / n tec without mods.

Thing is I do pretty good with SMGs it's anything else that I do terrible with. I've been trying ntec without mods but I think maybe I get too trigger happy? Idrk. 

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

accurate enough to remove a lot of the RNG in game and versatile enough that you aren't hating your gaming experience

Oh nice suggestion, I'll have to give it a try...I remember playing with it before and didn't like it but it's been sitting in my inventory dustying up... 

1 minute ago, 404 said:

if you really want to force yourself to aim better, any gun with a higher than average ttk will do

im not sure that's really the best way to go about improving your aim tho - something like kovaak would probably help far more, although i dont think apb is worth the effort

Higher than average ttk? Like what obir alig or something? 

The thing is I've spent so much time and MONEY (literally) into this game I should be good at it but I'm not. Although I thank you for the suggestion. Isn't there one that's free though?

Just now, Keijinnn said:

stabba 🥵

OOF. I put on Stabba yesterday to get my JKT mission done and I hated how long it took ._. It does have nice accuracy but being in Financial all the time with SMGs you get ripped before you can stun LOL 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kristabelles said:

OOF. I put on Stabba yesterday to get my JKT mission done and I hated how long it took ._. It does have nice accuracy but being in Financial all the time with SMGs you get ripped before you can stun LOL 

NO PAIN NO GAIN!!

I'm just joking, you should go for this suggestion ⬇️

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

• Like 1

Just now, kristabelles said:

Higher than average ttk? Like what obir alig or something? 

The thing is I've spent so much time and MONEY (literally) into this game I should be good at it but I'm not. Although I thank you for the suggestion. Isn't there one that's free though?

anything not meta essentially - misery, norsemen, shredder, oblivion, even the star would work 

removing the safety net of a faster ttk means you have to make every shot count and always be aware of your positioning

i don't know of any free aim trainers off the top of my head but there must be several out there, a quick google search would suffice

OSCAR is a good suggestion i think.

What helped me alot with aim in general is dragshooting any sniper rifle.

In APB it doesn't give u an advantage (anymore) like in other games but personally it helped a lot for my aim, also for all other weapons 

Edited by HighSociety

8 minutes ago, 404 said:

anything not meta essentially - misery, norsemen, shredder, oblivion, even the star would work 

removing the safety net of a faster ttk means you have to make every shot count and always be aware of your positioning

i don't know of any free aim trainers off the top of my head but there must be several out there, a quick google search would suffice

There was one that was free I THOUGHT that people kept suggesting but can't think of the name.

6 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

OSCAR is a good suggestion i think.

What helped me alot with aim in general is dragshooting any sniper rifle.

In APB it doesn't give u an advantage (anymore) like in other games but personally it helped a lot for my aim, also for all other weapons 

Dragshooting? What do you mean by this? 

Dont waste time to improve with guns arent  competitive also when mastered, because they will be always at best 1 or 2 step below them.

I suggest CSG, it's a gun need a good tracking and time because it has a tigheter spread , but when mastered it's a pain for everybody will meet you and give a lot satisfaction.

Mod: must FnMod_Weapon_Rifling3.png

Oscar too and it's similar in a certain way... but if you dont have a really good latency, give in, my weak opinion eh, for example I can't use well as before with the connection I have because I feel I am too slow to tracking and sending the burst bullets fast enough

Mod to use: must FnMod_Weapon_Rifling3.png+ FnMod_Weapon_MobilitySling.pngor FnMod_Weapon_MagazinePull2.png or FnMod_Weapon_Tagger.png

Oscar doesnt need Reflex sight 3

Edited by PingOVER9000

aiming.pro is a decent free alternative, Kovaak is definitely the best aim trainer at the moment though. It's discounted to 6 euro at the moment.

15 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Dont waste time to improve with guns arent  competitive also when mastered, because they will be always at best 1 or 2 step below them.

I suggest CSG, it's a gun need a good tracking and time because it has a tigheter spread , but when mastered it's a pain for everybody will meet you and give a lot satisfaction.

Mod: must FnMod_Weapon_Rifling3.png

Oscar too and it's similar in a certain way... but if you dont have a really good latency, give in, my weak opinion eh, for example I can't use well as before with the connection I have because I feel I am too slow to tracking and sending the burst bullets fast enough

Mod to use: must FnMod_Weapon_Rifling3.png+ FnMod_Weapon_MobilitySling.pngor FnMod_Weapon_MagazinePull2.png or FnMod_Weapon_Tagger.png

Oscar doesnt need Reflex sight 3

Oh I used to main shotgun too but I got pretty trash at it lately. I've been playing plain ol' oscar no mods and I can see how it would help with one's accuracy but it can be annoying...especially against full autos. 

14 minutes ago, Benguin said:

aiming.pro is a decent free alternative, Kovaak is definitely the best aim trainer at the moment though. It's discounted to 6 euro at the moment.

Oh thanks for the info. I looked up free ones and that one popped up but the one I saw had like ... bullseyes or something lol 

OCA for tracking.

N-tec/star for all around.

Carbine/Oscar for a mix of tracking/flicks.

Scout for flicks.

Obir/rfp for corner jiggle.

Tomymgun if you wanna mess with recoil control while aiming.

Play from your elbow, not your wrist. You'll get a better degree of movement and control and your wrist will thank you when you're 40.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, kristabelles said:

Dragshooting? What do you mean by this? 

u simply hover over ur target and fire when ur cross is straight on target.

start ~3m left of the target and drag ur cross over it.

ask google for "sniper dragshooting" and watch a vid 🙂

it really helped me to start with shooter games years ago

EDIT: some call it flickshooting too

Edited by HighSociety

2 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

u simply hover over ur target and fire when ur cross is straight on target.

start ~3m left of the target and drag ur cross over it.

ask google for "sniper dragshooting" and watch a vid 🙂

it really helped me to start with shooter games years ago

EDIT: some call it flickshooting too

Dragging and flicking are very different. Dragging really is more of a console aim assist technique where PC players should be flicking instead. 

Dragging will go over and past the target, using aim assist to pretty much do the work for you.

Flicking needs to land on the target directly, staying there, and requires more precision. 

11 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Dragging and flicking are very different. Dragging really is more of a console aim assist technique where PC players should be flicking instead. 

Dragging will go over and past the target, using aim assist to pretty much do the work for you.

Flicking needs to land on the target directly, staying there, and requires more precision. 

nah never played shooter on console but thousends of hours BFBC2, BF3, BF4, mostly sniper on PC and yea u drag past the target but no need to stay there with a sniper just click at the right moment 😉

so with bullet ballistics it works, click to point should even work better.

What makes the "drag" better than a "flick" imo > u go with a more smooth mouse movement

Edited by HighSociety

Carbine for learning to tapfire on target, OCA for tracking the target.

Force yourself to be a active aimer (always move, preaim corners) instead of a 'walk into my crosshair pls' type.

4 hours ago, kristabelles said:

Oh I used to main shotgun too but I got pretty trash at it lately. I've been playing plain ol' oscar no mods and I can see how it would help with one's accuracy but it can be annoying...especially against full autos. 

U have to move a little right/ left and meanwhile tracking your bullets spread...

What mainly make good the oscar it's not its time to kill, fire speed etc.... it's his mobility 

Any weapon which only way to hit anything is to pinpoint and you need to control fire on it is fair game.

JG, OCA, N-TEC, N-HVR, OBIR (great to train tracking honestly), Joker Carbine - I would suggest trying them all out.

JG will learn you corner-tapping

OCA will learn you keeping aim at target

N-TEC will learn you to control fire and aim

N-HVR will learn you to develop see/fire sense

OBIR will learn you tracking

Joker Carbine will learn you to control firetapping.

It depends on what kind of aim you want to practice. If you want to practice point and clicking then use sniper rifles, OBIR, OSCAR, pump shotguns. If you want to practice tracking - N-TEC, OCA, Carbine, PMG, FAR, Obeya CR762 are probably your best bets. There is a difference between the two types of aiming so you need to pick your weapons depending on which you want to work on.

Regardless, I wouldn't recommend relying on APB to improve your aim all that much. If you want to get good raw aim you'll need to move your attention towards an FPS aim trainer of some kind, for example Kovaak's 2.0: The Meta on Steam. Raw aim > game-specific aim.

QUAKE LIVE, for human aim bot aim.

start with OCA, then carbine.

Edited by Deadliest