Darkzero3802

Reporting System Rework

Has anyone ever been in a match with a hacker where you cant report them cause they arent online or in your district? When they leave or get off it bypasses the ability to report them and they can keep on ruining the game for others. LO should revamp the system to where if someone is online regardless of where they are they can be reported and someone can be reported up to 5min after logging off. This will make it so that bypassing the report system cant be done and more hackers will get reported and removed.

• Like 2

Even easier rework: Just revert the changes to /who and that'll fix the report issue right up too.

• Like 1

i have received that message when I reported people. but he stands in front of me

There are still people who think the /report command actually does anything. Incredible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There are still people who think the /report command actually does anything. Incredible.

It does though. It outputs a string of characters in to the chat box.

There are still people who think the /report command actually does nothing. Incredible.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

Today i encountered arround 5 suspicious players with one rank 30 playing with alig like MrEpicGoat going 20/1. I'm now at a point i want to uninstall the game.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 9:06 PM, jstatem said:

Today i encountered arround 5 suspicious players with one rank 30 playing with alig like MrEpicGoat going 20/1. I'm now at a point i want to uninstall the game.

Just report them ingame and maybe they'll get banned in a few months (give or take) so you won't have to face them again. Hang in there!

#sarcasm

On 7/7/2020 at 5:09 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Has anyone ever been in a match with a hacker where you cant report them cause they arent online or in your district? When they leave or get off it bypasses the ability to report them and they can keep on ruining the game for others. LO should revamp the system to where if someone is online regardless of where they are they can be reported and someone can be reported up to 5min after logging off. This will make it so that bypassing the report system cant be done and more hackers will get reported and removed.

For  weird things like this one, I have still suspect if  the reporting system has ever worked or not... 

Ah better u dont insist about this speech, here, I got a kinda of  reclaim about it XD

Edited by PingOVER9000

We really have no proof if it works or doesnt given that G1/LO doesnt give us any proof that actions are taken or that a report is acknowledged. Yes you get that nice little text saying it was sent but thats like the auto response feature of the old support ran by G1, it dont mean anything.

10 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

it dont mean anything.

You think LO is lying?

Why?

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You think LO is lying?

Why?

It shouldn't take them a year to notice that the same players are receiving reports daily for not showing up for missions, getting lower than 0 score with multiple team kills.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

It shouldn't take them a year to notice that the same players are receiving reports daily for not showing up for missions, getting lower than 0 score with multiple team kills.

MattScott has already gone on record that Little Orbit will do nothing about dethreaters until after the matchmaking and phasing updates (which are slated for after the engine upgrade, as they rely on functionality from it). In other words, get used to that because it isn't going anywhere for at least another year or two.

9 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Honestly I don't know what the deal is with dethreaters.

It's a massive problem, but I don't know what is or isn't done about it.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

MattScott has already gone on record that Little Orbit will do nothing about dethreaters

Where did he say this?

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Where did he say this?

In one of the many Q&A / livestreams he did when LO first picked the game up. His reasoning for making that decision was "dethreating is a symptom of the underlying issue [of impotent matchmaking due to segregation of an already small population]" and he'd "rather fix the underlying issue for long term health, than ban players that might reform". These are of course paraphrased, I'm not about to spend probably days of my time digging through old threads and/or video to find the exact reference.

You can agree or disagree with the decision, but it's the decision he's made and it's unlikely any of us can change his mind on it. For the record, I disagree with his decision. Dethreaters should 100% be held accountable to the ToS, and actioned accordingly (1st offense warning -> 2nd offense suspension -> 3rd offense permaban).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

In one of the many Q&A / livestreams he did when LO first picked the game up. His reasoning for making that decision was "dethreating is a symptom of the underlying issue [of impotent matchmaking due to segregation of an already small population]" and he'd "rather fix the underlying issue for long term health, than ban players that might reform". These are of course paraphrased, I'm not about to spend probably days of my time digging through old threads and/or video to find the exact reference.

You can agree or disagree with the decision, but it's the decision he's made and it's unlikely any of us can change his mind on it. For the record, I disagree with his decision. Dethreaters should 100% be held accountable to the ToS, and actioned accordingly (1st offense warning -> 2nd offense suspension -> 3rd offense permaban).

Its just that some people have been banned for dethreating.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, CookiePuss said:

You think LO is lying?

Why?

Cause its the same exact thing that G1 put into place. Cause you report someone and your still seeing them in game days, weeks and months later. While fine LO doesnt give any ban names at the very least there can be a GM on that can whisper you about your report. This at least shows they are looking into it and in a timely manor. They dont need to share results of what happened.

21 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

^ wut he said

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

But not nearly enough to curb this trend. If it was we wouldnt still be discussing a dethreating problem.

Edited by Darkzero3802

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Cause its the same exact thing that G1 put into place.

Its not though?

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

They weren't banned for dethreating, they were banned for something else and dethreating was just lumped on as an afterthought. How do I know this? Because of simple logic. If they were banned for dethreating, then roughly 25% of the current Jericho playerbase would also be getting banned.

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

They weren't banned for dethreating, they were banned for something else and dethreating was just lumped on as an afterthought. How do I know this? Because of simple logic. If they were banned for dethreating, then roughly 25% of the current Jericho playerbase would also be getting banned.

To put this in perspective:

I see people speeding so they're not ticketing/taking licenses for speeding ...

They could probably take more actions against dethreaters more quickly, but then it comes to the question of is the needed work worth the effort for its results

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:09 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

I've had this issue with dethreaters and those with like nazi symbols or other such verbal things. Wish it was fixed.

23 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I've had this issue with dethreaters and those with like nazi symbols or other such verbal things. Wish it was fixed.

If only we got LO to do something about this stuff. Maby then it would be fixed.

nobody cheats in apb, they just use programs for play better :3 

No need to punish de-threaters if you just put a lock on missions once you turn gold in a bronze district. Pressing K will be disabled, until you join a silver or gold district.

• Like 1