Akito

a small problem

So I've recently started to play the game actively again (mostly because I got roped in from those sweet sexy Matt streams and the news of the Engine Upgrade™)

one question I wanna ask is why I've been getting dc'ed every 15-20 minutes after I log in? I've freshly installed APB (new PC btw), I've disabled the steam overaly (Ive heard this can cause problems sometimes) and Ive also made sure that my connection is okay, so my question is... what am I doing wrong? I honestly dont know what the problem is and I cant get a full match in without getting logged out.

really kills my mood when I try to play and any help would be appreciated, Ive been trying to fix this for like a week now and still no results. Anyone else experiencing this? or is it just me?

pls halp 😞

Edited by Akito
typo

I have had a problem like this for years also. The game kicks me out after being logged on to my character for exactly 30 minutes. Sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it happens 5 times a day. Ive never known what causes it but it hasnt happened for a while now.

25 minutes ago, Raichu said:

I have had a problem like this for years also. The game kicks me out after being logged on to my character for exactly 30 minutes. Sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it happens 5 times a day. Ive never known what causes it but it hasnt happened for a while now.

this is scarily accurate to my own situation, I would be like 15-20 minutes into a match and BOOM, instant disconnect. I've re-installed the game about 7 times this week along and still no fix, and as Ive said above Ive tested my connection (even reset it a few times) along with cleaning out junk from my system (even though its new lol I just wanted to make sure Im covering my basis), ive heard ppl also encounter this problem if they have steam overlay enabled but Ive already disabled steam while playing the game overall (my original account is bound to gamersfirst so i dont really need steam)

I have no idea how to fix this lol

Edited by Akito
typo

Double check to see if Windows is allowed to disable / shut down any sort of Ethernet / WiFi driver on your PC. You can do this by going into your Device Manager, navigating to "Network Adapters" and expanding the list. Find whatever driver it might use (if you are unsure just turn it off for all of them) and right click it and select properties. Navigate to the section called "Power Management" and turn off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

f28919b67941d39ae7fce71b148af707.png

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

Double check to see if Windows is allowed to disable / shut down any sort of Ethernet / WiFi driver on your PC. You can do this by going into your Device Manager, navigating to "Network Adapters" and expanding the list. Find whatever driver it might use (if you are unsure just turn it off for all of them) and right click it and select properties. Navigate to the section called "Power Management" and turn off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

thanks for the suggestion, will do. I'll report back here if the problem still persists. If it does I might just wait for the engine to come lol

5 hours ago, Akito said:

I've disabled the steam overaly

i do not know about your personal disconnecting however my steam overlay has existed since the ancient times so i can purchase through steam and has not disconnected me

hope you can solve this good luck

• Thanks 1

Man, it's a blast from the past. These threads were always amusing to see back when Battleye was last implemented as well.

could also be your router changing your ip if you have a dynamic ip (but usually they do this once a day and late at night so it doesn't bother you too much). if i play at night, each time at 1 am i'll get kicked because my ip changed

8 minutes ago, heelruby said:

could also be your router changing your ip if you have a dynamic ip (but usually they do this once a day and late at night so it doesn't bother you too much). if i play at night, each time at 1 am i'll get kicked because my ip changed

ehhhhh, no normal dhcp server would do that. unless your network is fucked

Just now, Boxo said:

ehhhhh, no normal dhcp server would do that. unless your network is fucked

who knows, maybe their router got an update and it fucked the dynamic ip change scheduling idk

i know mine updates itself from time to time

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the PC Bugs and Tech Issues section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

On 7/5/2020 at 3:37 AM, Frosi said:

thanks for the help 🙂

turns out we had a power outage near my area recently and my router has been wonky ever since, the problem was more persistent with APB (I have no idea why) but happy to say that a reset helped solve the problem entirely.