Sign in to follow this  
RedEYEvan

can we use https://reshade.me or banned

Any form of shader is against the TOS and if found to be using one you will be banned. The new engine is soon so just wait.

• Like 1

its a god thing to assume that anything offsite used on apb files will get you banned

its also a good thing to assume tampering with apb files will get you banned

• Like 1

Battleye blocks the current version of ReShade. You won't get banned, but APB will not start.

10 minutes ago, Valkyrja- said:

Wrong? Unless he changed his stance couldn't find anything else about it. 

Didn't Matt Scott say that shaders were allowed until the EU? Here is the QA from 2018. 

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

🙂

no? have you read what you've just posted?

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Valkyrja- said:

Wrong? Unless he changed his stance couldn't find anything else about it. 

Didn't Matt Scott say that shaders were allowed until the EU? Here is the QA from 2018. 

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

🙂

What you quoted says it isn't allowed.

Edited by Genobee
  • Thanks 1

ReShade was always allowed (whitelisted), untill now - with battleye coming back to APB, it now blocks the startup. It won't get you banned or anything, it just won't work.

I really hope LO will take a look at it again and re-enable ReShade.

I want my color correction and sharpness filter back... 😕

4 hours ago, Genobee said:

What you quoted says it isn't allowed.

Ooooof I totally missed the to say part. I guess this happens when you haven't slept at all because of resetting my sleep time for work. 

😂😂😂😂

My bad

Made a mistake I totally only read what I wanted to see lmfao. 

Edited by Valkyrja-

Sign in to follow this