a Pair of Socks

Weird Movement Bug??? How do I fix this :Y

Every time i've seen this it's been fixed by respawning.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Every time i've seen this it's been fixed by respawning.

I Suicided twice but keeps reappearing randomly..  Denkies for the response though! ❤️

Edited by a Pair of Socks

It's just a visual bug. Not as bad as the sliding bug with 120+ fps that stops your crosshair from fully closing.

• Like 1

Only time this bug appears for me is when im lagging or the server is acting up.

• Like 1

you can just restart apb, always fixes it for me

iirc you can trigger this by tapping A and D (or whatever your left and right movement keys are) too frequently within x time

This happens randomly and is usually fixed by switching districts.

If that doesn't help, a restart will fix the issue.

Though while it looks weird, it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

can you cite your sources

Why are people trying to turn this into an AMD vs Intel thread? And a poorly recommended one at that.

OP, do something weird and turn off any turbo clock features, see if the issue still comes up. Just a theory I have.

• Like 1

Just now, Guartorias said:

Why are people trying to turn this into an AMD vs Intel thread? And a poorly recommended one at that.

OP, do something weird and turn off any turbo clock features, see if the issue still comes up. Just a theory I have.

Ill try that 😄

4 hours ago, Guartorias said:

OP already told all of us he has that PC and he cared enough to tell us again.

PD: amd ryzen 7 3900x and amd ryzen 7 3950x > any INTEL cpu

Edited by Uhtdred

7 hours ago, Guartorias said:

It's not hardware related. I've had it occur on multiple PCs with different hardware configs. CPUs: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t, Intel X5690. GPUs: GTX 580, 970, and 1080. I also disable turbo and other performance limiting features.

• Like 1

when ever i get this bug

i start yelling BOOGALAOGAOGOAGOAGOGOGOLLOAGOALA while spazing out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guartorias said:

I think everyone has experienced this bug by now, and as far as I can tell, nobody really got behind the reason why it happens.

Doesn't have anything to do with systems, overclocking or other gaming programs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Nah, I posted my specs incase it was a hardware related issue, why dont you get off of your damn high horse and go back to 4chan my guy?

1 hour ago, VanilleKeks said:

This is a classic. Most easily fixed by dying (ingame dont ban me mods)

I suicided twice and it still didnt go away, I restarted my game and it stopped.   Although I do find that this happens more on EU so it has to be something to do with connection ( Im assuming ) 

8 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

when ever i get this bug

i start yelling BOOGALAOGAOGOAGOAGOGOGOLLOAGOALA while spazing out

I will try this next time ❤️

19 hours ago, qsn said:

simply don't move. /s

or try /unstick, if respawning doesn't work.

I didnt think of unsticking, Ill try that again ;o

On 7/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, GhosT said:

I mean, Im boomer brain so seeing my char spaz the hell out makes me distracted :^)

3 hours ago, Katryoshka said:

Nah, I posted my specs incase it was a hardware related issue, why dont you get off of your damn high horse and go back to 4chan my guy?

I suicided twice and it still didnt go away, I restarted my game and it stopped.   Although I do find that this happens more on EU so it has to be something to do with connection ( Im assuming ) 

I will try this next time ❤️

I didnt think of unsticking, Ill try that again ;o

I mean, Im boomer brain so seeing my char spaz the hell out makes me distracted :^)

i get the same issue at times too, i donno what casues it , and sometimes being killed ingame doesnt even fix it

Edited by ShaiShai

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the PC Bugs and Tech Issues section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

On 7/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, Uhtdred said:

PD: amd ryzen 7 3900x and amd ryzen 7 3950x > any INTEL cpu

Funny how a few years ago, everyone fanboy'd over Intel.

Ryzen isn't the ABSOLUTE BEST in every situation. Intel still has better IPC and can get higher clocks. Which is ALL APB cares about. APB hardly uses 2 cores iirc. That said, I doubt you would notice any meaningful difference between modern CPUs on APB.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:40 AM, SquirrelFace said:

It's not hardware related. I've had it occur on multiple PCs with different hardware configs. CPUs: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t, Intel X5690. GPUs: GTX 580, 970, and 1080. I also disable turbo and other performance limiting features.

Read down v

On 7/4/2020 at 7:12 AM, GhosT said:

I think everyone has experienced this bug by now, and as far as I can tell, nobody really got behind the reason why it happens.

Doesn't have anything to do with systems, overclocking or other gaming programs.

APB does weiiird stuff depending on clock speeds. Because modern CPUs basically auto-overclock if they're able to, I was curious if that was causing an issue. Last time I played APB was on an FX-8350, and with that CPU, it was possible to exploit the game's engine for noticeable and very real advantages. It was a trade-off though, having its own disadvantages as well.

7 hours ago, Guartorias said:

APB does weiiird stuff depending on clock speeds. Because modern CPUs basically auto-overclock if they're able to, I was curious if that was causing an issue. Last time I played APB was on an FX-8350, and with that CPU, it was possible to exploit the game's engine for noticeable and very real advantages. It was a trade-off though, having its own disadvantages as well.

I disable those features. I turn off Turbo, Speed step, C-States, and anything else power related. I also lock the GPU to it's maximum clock rate. I still get this visual bug a few times a session.