R3ACT3M

Dat wonderful respawn system

I hear so much talk about match making and such but not to much about the respawn system

While it has it's ups and downs it can be rewarding or so punishing especially for new players.

Ever play a game and get repeatedly killed and every time you get killed the spawns get pushed further and further back. Or have a game where multiple times in a game you had the ability to spawn right behind the enemy.

After playing the dynamic event while some people are very upset at getting shot in the back there's no more of that having to wait to get back in, you just get back in after a death this makes dying exceptionally less punishing. Part of APB's game-play is to surprise the enemy get behind them have a couple of your buddies keep them distracted while you and another guy try and get them at different angle. But if the game keeps making you spawn as if this was WW1 behind the trenches whats the point of the system at all? It's kind of like how a lot of the "cross the street" buttons are. They are there, but they don't actually do anything but keep you patient because humans are used to pushing buttons and getting what they want.

Bit of a rant, but I would like to see some input on this, (or point to a similar thread if this has done multiple times)

Happy Hunting

wait, the basis of your rant is the respawn system implementing in the dynamic event, which is essentially a free-for-all deathmatch? it's designed to be fast paced, you're not suppose to be tactical in the dynamic event. play your games, get your kills, die a couple times, and get your joker tickets.

it's just a mode for a quick 15-20 mins of APB if you don't want to commit to playing missions. the respawn system is fine the way it is for the fight club/dynamic event/etc.

i haven't kept up with apb but it's definitely considered an improvement than the OLD system, where you could REALLY pinpoint their spawns, and constantly push those spawns back further and further.

35 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

wait, the basis of your rant is the respawn system implementing in the dynamic event, which is essentially a free-for-all deathmatch? it's designed to be fast paced, you're not suppose to be tactical in the dynamic event. play your games, get your kills, die a couple times, and get your joker tickets.

it's just a mode for a quick 15-20 mins of APB if you don't want to commit to playing missions. the respawn system is fine the way it is for the fight club/dynamic event/etc.

i haven't kept up with apb but it's definitely considered an improvement than the OLD system, where you could REALLY pinpoint their spawns, and constantly push those spawns back further and further.

maybe a better question would be, would it be better if fight club didn't have a select spawn system?

but i was more seeing if there was any talk to improving the respawn systen

49 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

maybe a better question would be, would it be better if fight club didn't have a select spawn system?

but i was more seeing if there was any talk to improving the respawn systen

there's a lot of things in line from their priorities of how soon they should get addressed. a lot of things are waiting for the engine update to hit so they can hopefully have a cleaner foundation to work off on. while it's nice to brainstorm, changes, these threads come and go by the thousands.

also, no respawn system would mean that the game wouldn't even attempt to place you near where your mission was? that sounds awful. 

Try doing a mission in the shipping area of Waterfront. 

1. After killing the enemy we rushed in our vegas to the point. At that time 3 enemies were already on the objective.

2. We killed all of them and started ramming the containers open. Meanwhile, I could see the enemies spawn in line of sight and instantly killed us with HVR/NTEC.

3. While we respawned, we kept respawning all the way outside the shipping area, the enemies kept spawning straight next to the point.

4. It ended up in a killfest with absolutely no way to get a car to pick up the heavy items as the enemy just continued to spawn in line of sight, or behind corners super close by.

These missions need to die in a pile of fire 🤣

• Like 1

the spawn system breaks down when there's not enough map space to have an equal area 360 degrees around the objective(s) - the worse the imbalance the more the system breaks, up until you're right at the edge of the map and opposing teams can end up spawning essentially on top of each other

the spawn system also doesn't take the actual map into account (buildings, waterways, bridges, etc), which can lead to some pretty subpar spawn options

these are my two biggest issues, and i don't think there's an easy fix for either one tbh

I dislike fixed spawns so much, they fuck me pretty much always either way. They either don't detect me and block spawn or they spawn me among enemies ready for me.

I would prefer to choose my spawns more freely.

I play a huge variety of games (not that im good at all of them) but battlefield is my favorite, so I may be biased when I say that, what if there was a system in APB where you could capture respawn points.

Have it be like, wait 10 seconds to spawn where you want (or some other time), or spawn immediately for a random spawn. 

Hell, why not give APB a conquest gamemode while your at it 😆

And im sure once this engine can be released more of these kinds of issues will start being looked at. I just wanted to bring it to some kind of attention as it seems other topics are more important.