ShiNxz

Pixelated customization

Hey, seems like when i customize my clothes/car the graphics is very pixelated, unlike in youtube videos.. 

I tried to change the graphics but it seems like its doesnt have any impact on that..

what can i do?

(sorry for my english ><)

Try the advanced launcher. There is an option called "primitives" or something. Max it out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShiNxz said:

what can i do?

Dowload APB Advanced Laucnher and adjust these 2 settings.

o77SA9rKjdU.jpg

The higher you set them (to the right) - the better symbols will look on clothes and cars

5 hours ago, Gusvato3080 said:

Try the advanced launcher. There is an option called "primitives" or something. Max it out

This is not the solution, "Primitive textures" seems to control either nothing or nothing.

Edited by Nerima
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, Nerima said:

o77SA9rKjdU.jpg

The higher you set them (to the right) - the better symbols will look on clothes and cars

This is not the solution, "Primitive textures" seems to control either nothing or nothing.

its better than the ingame graphics settings? i mean, it sound wierd..

Merged.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, Nerima said:

o77SA9rKjdU.jpg

well still pixelated on the max char and vehicle texture..

Maybe you can try repairing the game files using the normal launcher and then apply the settings again? Also, save the settings every time after using the normal launcher to update the game and launch the game with the advanced launcher.

Edited by ColorBauss

symbol pixelation varies widely depending on the material the symbol is projected on, the location the symbol is projected, the complexity of the symbol, the complexity of your character, the size of the symbol, any scaling up or down of its size, and probably some other stuff i'm forgetting at the moment

on clothing there's almost always some level of pixelation up close, and vehicles are notorious for having awful quality projections

there are a few things you can do that have a minimal effect like using gradients to soften straight lines and wrapping a vehicle with symbols before beginning customization, but if your gfx are as high as you can get them then the best you can hope for is to design around the worst areas

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShiNxz said:

Hey, seems like when i customize my clothes/car the graphics is very pixelated, unlike in youtube videos.. 

I tried to change the graphics but it seems like its doesnt have any impact on that..

what can i do?

(sorry for my english ><)

Are you on a 32bit or 64bit OS? IIRC I believe the 32bit OS made things pretty jagged when it came to customization... Its been so long tho.

3 hours ago, Nerima said:

o77SA9rKjdU.jpg

No sliders in the advanced launcher will ever increase quality, the names are misleading. If you increase the value to over 1024 it only means that larger textures won't be scaled down, but the actual textures are already only 1024, so increasing the value does nothing.

1 minute ago, Addex said:

Are you on a 32bit or 64bit OS? IIRC I believe the 32bit OS made things pretty jagged when it came to customization... Its been so long tho.

The architecture of the OS has no impact on the game since the game is 32 bit. And even then it has no impact on symbol projection. The main factors are as 404 has already said. In addition to that, when adding a lot of accessories, parts of the character texture will scale down, so it's a careful balancing act between picking accessories, clothing and design to work with the limitations of the game.

3 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

The architecture of the OS has no impact on the game since the game is 32 bit. And even then it has no impact on symbol projection. The main factors are as 404 has already said. In addition to that, when adding a lot of accessories, parts of the character texture will scale down, so it's a careful balancing act between picking accessories, clothing and design to work with the limitations of the game.

Hmm Idk I could be way wrong and way off.... This was fixed for me by upgrading my pc and going to a 64bit OS / More RAM . Everything before hand was choppy and looked super compressed, Almost a blur effect to anything that had decals. 

- Machines with a 32-bit OS (i.e. Windows XP 32bit, Windows Vista 32bit, Windows 7 32bit and Windows 8 32bit). We have applied further constraints to keep game memory usage under 2GB, we do this by limiting the in-game texture quality. The reason we want to keep it under 2GB is that 32bit OS' do not allow applications to use more than 2GB at any time, otherwise the application will crash.

- Machines with a 64bit OS (i.e. Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 64bit, [Windows XP 64bit is not supported]) that ALSO have 2GB or less of total RAM. These machines have the same constraints applied as 32bit OS', the in-game texture quality will be limited to avoid using more than 2GB of RAM to avoid swapping RAM to disk, which will decrease game performance.

http://old.apbdb.com/track/330448/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/846959876025026354/

Edited by Addex

13 hours ago, Nerima said:

Primitive textures do control symbol transparency/quality. Recommend setting this to 1024 as well.

18 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Primitive textures do control symbol transparency/quality. Recommend setting this to 1024 as well.

yes but as far as i know it's not connected with how symbols look on cars/characters

is there any way you can just show us a picture

1 minute ago, Nerima said:

yes but as far as i know it's not connected with how symbols look on cars/characters

Set it to 16x16 lodbias 4 and equip camo pants. The quality will be reduced.