Wafflez

Suggestion: Disable the Ready Button for Gold Players in a Bronze District

On 6/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, TheAceNinja said:

Except that's literally how it works. If you do 50% or more you will still go up. That's why you can LOSE and still jump up threat.

Short answer yes.

Long answer no. 

Changes that occur within those 50% are based on a number of other factors outlined in Cookie's post plus whatever other modifications G1 did over the years. Though these are likely just some graphical front end adjustments and how the system relates to APB rather than any sweeping changes.

Just give us:

Platinum
Gold 1
Gold 2
Gold 3
Silver 1

Silver 2
Silver 3
Bronze 1
Bronze 2
Bronze 3
Trainee

Or just hide threat entirely and make all districts open conflict.

• Like 1

So many times wanted to join this forum in order to promote auto-kick for gold players in bronze dist.. Guess just going to support this one. But still, locking their possibility to join missions will not prevent them from chat, nor will stop them from ramming cars of all those new players who are just starting to learn how to play. Auto-kick is a more profitable solution. We need to lure new players in game and not to make them quit only cuz 1 "pro" player is afraid to go in gold/silver dist and spending all his time harassing those who still have no clue how to jump over the fence or to open doors.

as a gold, i want to go to the bronze area to talk to and help out lower rank and newer players. i dont think i should be able to fight there. god no. but i like giving away things to new players and such. so i want access to that district but in a list seperate from people who can actually do missions that way im not taking up slots.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, LUST said:

Turn every district into open conflict while they gather data to better the system.

This is so simple!! Just have everyone join a random server by their liking and only match people together who are close to each other's invisible skill rating. But then, on the other hand, the District pop limit has to get increased to increase the chances of finding people close to others invisible skill rating. Otherwise, it might be harder to even find matches at all. But that can be tweaked to a better matchmaking for sure. I would also like to see Districts with a pop limitation of 100 (50/50) or maybe 90 (45/45) again. But cannot expect that at this point. Maybe in the very near future. Keep it up LO! :)

8 hours ago, Hyenard said:

as a gold, i want to go to the bronze area to talk to and help out lower rank and newer players. i dont think i should be able to fight there. god no. but i like giving away things to new players and such. so i want access to that district but in a list seperate from people who can actually do missions that way im not taking up slots.

Rare example of a decent player. 😉 You know, people like you should be added by this game into some kind of in-game staff team and be able to enter all possible districts without possibility to join missions. For now there are too much of new players who are in need of information and help in there. Yet golds are joining only to make easy kills on such players without giving a dmn about how it will affect game's population.

• Like 1

Open conflict with no threat level seems really risky, as that opens up newbies to getting crushed more so now than ever. And they need all the help they can get atm, no new players = no growth, no growth = dead game. I feel going open conflict from what i can understand would be a terrible mistake as it cuts off the majority of growth. The reason games like counter strike can be hardcore is cause it has a good match making system that allows the game to have complex mechanic by matching people of similar skill. This game has nothing of the sort. A gold player is generally leagues above silvers or bronze.

What i feel needs to be done is add in one or two more tiers, gold plat and then like diamond yes they could use work in naming. To further stop people from wanting to dethreat, end up giving people benefits or extra stuff for playing in their correct division. Like gold get 50% more money than silver. Plat gets 50% more than gold, diamond gets 100% more than plat. That way there is a benefit or a reason, you want to play in those divisions. And as a new player you have an incentive, you want to get to those levels so you can make more money.

Of course this system needs a larger player base to work. But i feel the player base will come if they advertise it, and the newbies aren't getting crushed so hard. No newbie once to go up against some level 255 gold tier god that has been playing since the games inception. It can't be much fun for the level 255 to crush noobs all day long and never be tested. We need more tiers to better judge a players skill level, going from silver to gold is too much a difference, 3 tiers is nowhere near enough. Unfortunately the really good players will end up suffering if you go that route. But even then there's the towers and shipyard there's also open conflict, and the aforementioned extra money for being in that division and in a plat or diamond level lobby. So it will make up for the slower queues, so i really don't think they would suffer that much...

Edited by Verixonsen

3 hours ago, Darth_Whatever said:

Rare example of a decent player. 😉 You know, people like you should be added by this game into some kind of in-game staff team and be able to enter all possible districts without possibility to join missions. For now there are too much of new players who are in need of information and help in there. Yet golds are joining only to make easy kills on such players without giving a dmn about how it will affect game's population.

thank you for the compliments, sadly i dont think i made it into that GM program though i was really hoping. its cool though. i can still do my thing and hopefully whoever does become a GM can help make the game better for those who need it

On 6/11/2018 at 6:44 PM, Gizzly said:

Locking districts to 1 threath has been done in the past and It almost killed the game.

The reason why the gold districts are empty nowadays are because of the stigma caused by threat locking only the gold districts, so it felt like a punishment to become a gold and then be locked away in a district when it didn't apply to anyone else. Open Conflict didn't exist back then either, so hard locking threat levels today would be a completely different matter, especially if it applied to everyone and not just golds. Besides, it would force dethreaters to work alot harder to be able to enter the bronze district.

Once in the actual districts, there shouldn't be the hidden MMR trying to affect the matchups, and only focus on even number of players instead. 40 vs 40 is too small of a number to provide good matchmaking if there's further restrictions applied beyond the threat restriction. Variation is better than forcing the same teams to fight each others over and over, if the current system would even acknowledge people as viable opponents.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:47 PM, LUST said:

Turn every district into open conflict while they gather data to better the system.

This is probably the easiest and quickest change they could make to vastly improve the current situation, until they have time to develop a replacement system. Only tweak needed is to make the system attempt getting 4 vs 4 matches (none of that 1 vs 1 without being able to call backup, or 1 vs 4 scenarios).

There were no threat restrictions to districts in RTW or early G1 and it seemed to work out alot better than how it is now, aswell as it seems to functioning well for consoles.

15 hours ago, Hyenard said:

It's an admirable sentiment, but your stance on this is quite unique, and would be better applied as a GM volunteer (similar to SPCM was in the past).

Another big issues with all of this is something I touched upon earlier with the MMR and threat level distribution. The current system isn't evenly divided and updating based on the active playerbase, so a low threat green, or a high gold will have a fraction of the possible matchups as a silver player would. I don't have an up to date view of the district distributions, but as far as I know there didn't use to be enough players to fill the green districts, and it would be better to remove that threat level and make them bronze instead, and then divide threats based on equal amount of possible matchups.

The game needs less segregation, not more of it.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, xDeVel said:

or just not allow silvers and golds in bronze servers 🙄

Nope... Dude/Dudette. Some players goes to Bronze districts because they want to play with a more slowed pace than the players on the Silver. Not every silver is able to keep up with the Rhytm of the Goldies.