Wafflez

Suggestion: Disable the Ready Button for Gold Players in a Bronze District

I made this thread on the old forums (RIP) but I figure it's time for it again with the new management.

If you are gold you already cannot load into a bronze district so I propose if you turn gold while in that district that the ready button stops working. I think this would be an excellent way to discourage dethreating and shouldn't even be a hard charge to make.

Love,

Wafflez

• Like 7

sure why not

edit: oh yeah wrong forum section

Edited by BXNNXD

Might be better just to auto kick or something.

Otherwise you just have players in district who cant play?

• Like 2

The point is that it will inconvenience people who dethreat to stomp bronzies and let's be real, those people deserve  to be inconvenienced.

It would probably help with player retention and it would make it easier for LO to ID people who intentionally dethreat to do it, then they could enforce that part of the ToS.

Edited by Wafflez

this is probably one of the better suggestions I have seen since I think it would take more to kick people when they turn gold.

Maybe add a check that players can't "Ready Up" if they are more than 1 threat level above the district.

May cause issues when grouped though.

Golds already aren't allowed, you can't load into a bronze server with gold threat. The golds that are in them dethreat to silver then join.

Even with people coming back I don't think the game has the population to support total threat lock. There were more people playing last time they tried it and if you were gold action district was unplayable outside prime time.

Just now, xDeVel said:

or just not allow silvers and golds in bronze servers 🙄

Locking districts to 1 threath has been done in the past and It almost killed the game.

Personally think this is one of the best sugestions for dealing with dethreathers. A tempoary solution that would work till we get a rework to the threath system.

Turn every district into open conflict while they gather data to better the system.

• Like 13

Good suggestions by all of you 🙂

Maybe not kick low lvl people tho since their threats will jump alot. 

Or maybe update the threat system or make it like lusto said. 

32 minutes ago, LUST said:

Turn every district into open conflict while they gather data to better the system.

Isn't that what they did on the consoles ? Never heard anyone complain about it so I guess that could be a good thing in the short run.

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Might be better just to auto kick or something.

Otherwise you just have players in district who cant play?

While kicking players is a bit rough (even though I agree they have nothing to do there), how about slashing the multiplier ?  Like dividing it by 10 or something (e.g.: Gold enf in bronze would only have a 0.2x multiplier at Prestige 5), that would at least prevent them from grinding their levels in bronze. I think I remember this being something a few years back ....

2 hours ago, RubyGee said:

Isn't that what they did on the consoles ? Never heard anyone complain about it so I guess that could be a good thing in the short run.

While kicking players is a bit rough (even though I agree they have nothing to do there), how about slashing the multiplier ?  Like dividing it by 10 or something (e.g.: Gold enf in bronze would only have a 0.2x multiplier at Prestige 5), that would at least prevent them from grinding their levels in bronze. I think I remember this being something a few years back ....

I believe that's exactly how consoles have the districts.

Back when they had the segregated districts, and people were dethreating, they opened them and had the reduced multiplier for rewards. Even that didn't work. imo, make threat harder to gain or lose. Make it more constant, and it'll be harder to dethreat, reducing the incentive.

50 minutes ago, LUST said:

Love this idea. This is what it's like on Console I believe. No threat or even player rank symbols, just crim vs enf. Pretty sweet imo. There are still hidden rankings but it really doesnt matter all that much.

Would be really neat to see how this sort of thing would do on PC

Edited by Kino
Rewording

Suggestion I have made in another topic. Just do not allow golds to ready up in bronze district. Thats it, what you can do in district if you cant do a single mission? 

Edited by wHisHi

The open conflict thing is a good idea as well, hiding threat would probably increase the general niceness level of the entire game.

50 minutes ago, LUST said:

sounds good at first but don't complain when you get 6 good enemies while you being alone with some bronzes

Similar to Dirty Bombs matchmaking.

Make the MMR/Ranks hidden during the mission, and only after the missions has ended it reveals player rankings.

Cuts out the bullshoot mid match and people getting angry and griefing etc

57 minutes ago, LUST said:

^^^^^^^^

Auto kick the Goldie's once they hit gold rank. 

Seen too many people rage quit because of this issue.

Can't wait till they fix this.

41 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Suggestion I have made in another topic. Just do not allow golds to ready up in bronze district. Thats it, what you can do in district if you cant do a single mission? 

Fill up space and not leave thus preventing people who belong there from joining

1 hour ago, Wafflez said:

The point is that it will inconvenience people who dethreat to stomp bronzies and let's be real, those people deserve  to be inconvenienced.

Man, with all these threads and people crying, you'd think 90% of apb  is just people dethreating to play in Bronze when it's just simply not true.

You're bronze or extremely low silver for a reason. That reason being that you as an individual player are BAD. You aren't skilled enough to get out of bronze or extremely low silver. It has nothing to do with someone dethreating. 

A "gold" player who can lose threat in just a few games isn't Gold. Any ACTUAL gold would have to dethreat constantly for a few days or even longer. 

You're simply getting beat by someone who is better then YOU. Not in the sense of your threat, but In the sense of YOUR personal skill.

Any threads about this whiny garbage need to be autolocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been gold since gold was a thing.

Considering you're the first person to try to deflect in here I can guess what district I can find you in.

2 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Man, with all these threads and people crying, you'd think 90% of apb  is just people dethreating to play in Bronze when it's just simply not true.

You're bronze or extremely low silver for a reason. That reason being that you as an individual player are BAD. You aren't skilled enough to get out of bronze or extremely low silver. It has nothing to do with someone dethreating. 

A "gold" player who can lose threat in just a few games isn't Gold. Any ACTUAL gold would have to dethreat constantly for a few days or even longer. 

You're simply getting beat by someone who is better then YOU. Not in the sense of your threat, but In the sense of YOUR personal skill.

Any threads about this whiny garbage need to be autolocked.

Wow... might as well throw away threat then. You'll lose cause you're worse right? Threat doesn't matter. A gold-painted silver is CLEARLY not a different skill level than a bronze, the bronze is just bad and needs to git gud, gud enough to stand their own against people with months or years of experience over them.

Sigh.........

Edited by ScarecrowXIII
  • Thanks 1

I want segretations to end. Let all the players band together in one district.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUST said:

Unironically absolutely this. If the matchmaking system is broken to the point they have to revamp it, don't leave players to suffer while a solution is being formed - especially with the positive momentum the game has at the moment.

• Like 2