Sakebee

Calling the 6/27 Beta

people gotta realise that the server that they host the beta server on isnt the same as our live servers... its like some small local server (i think?) 

they couldve did this more properly though... like setup a date for everyone who is interested in testing/playing the beta to transfer their characters... then set a play date after that date so that the character transfering doesnt interfere with the playing/logging in to the servers.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PepeHands said:

I guess you don't play many games. And I can assure you there are games with 10 times bigger budget that have every patchday looking like this beta and it goes on for weeks before somebody wakes up with a fix.

ok new territory. Except DayZ SA, point out some examples with a beta being this awful ?  I do play many games which has less budget than APB and some which had 10 -100 times bigger budget than APB lol .  Most of those games have at least 200% of Apb player base. So comparing them is like  comparing an elephant and a peanut. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

chief there's more obvious ways to say "I have no idea wtf I am talking about"

I mean just look at my gameplay suggestions

I do though but It is nice that we have smart guys like you who are  still waiting for "a soon to be Outdated EU". 
giphy.gif

Edited by Hypothesis
  • Dislike 4

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

ok new territory. Except DayZ SA, point out some examples with a beta being this awful ?  I do play many games which has less budget than APB and some which had 10 -100 times bigger budget than APB lol .  Most of those games have at least 200% of Apb player base. So comparing them is like  comparing an elephant and a peanut.

You compare game which go from ground up to APB. With situation LO found itself in - with game on terribly outdated engine, in need of porting to newer version (which is what EU is all about) to even fucking carry on updates to it without making player computer run like shit because game is in 32-bit architecture rn.

And beta being awful? Sure, take a look at any game labelled "early access". That's beta with price tag.

23 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

I do though but It is nice that we have smart guys like you who are  still waiting for "a soon to be Outdated EU". 

This "soon to be outdated EU" will be a 100 notches better than current one on 32-bit architecture which got problematic update procedure and constant instabilities because hardware of most people nowadays isn't as ancient as software of this game.

Gotta love opinion of weekend silvers. Btw. maybe read "Tracking the Engine Update" thread for once before making some of your arguments?

I send you guys toward it again like I did before beta.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I'm struggling to understand why some of you are so mad and salty.

It's a beta test, not a release, Nobody could have ever known it would backfire like it did without testing it beforehand, which obviously required you guys trying to log in.

I can assure you, it's gonna be fun when the login issue is fixed.

Except the doors. Those are the exact opposite of fun right now.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mitne said:

You compare game which go from ground up to APB. With situation LO found itself in - with game on terribly outdated engine, in need of porting to newer version (which is what EU is all about) to even fucking carry on updates to it without making player computer run like shit because game is in 32-bit architecture rn.

And beta being awful? Sure, take a look at any game labelled "early access". That's beta with price tag.

This "soon to be outdated EU" will be a 100 notches better than current one on 32-bit architecture which got problematic update procedure and constant instabilities because hardware of most people nowadays isn't as ancient as software of this game.

Gotta love opinion of weekend silvers. Btw. maybe read "Tracking the Engine Update" thread for once before making some of your arguments?

I send you guys toward it again like I did before beta.

Again who are you calling silvers LOL , is that suppose to be an insult or is it so that , you representing that you are that part of toxicity that seems to think broken threat recognition defines something ? As long as we do not address the toxic attitude of players like you ,looking down on  threats , this game is not gonna magically grab new players. "Tracking the Engine Update"is good to read but yet to experience to see if it fits with the notes LOL .  So do you prefer reading notes of EU development  or actually experiencing it first hand basis? 64-bit transition is necessary but  that wont cover the new EU becoming outdated as 3.5 version is gonna be primitive soon enough, for the time being it will be a upscale to  the current dead engine but its  not gonna be enough very soon . "Early Access" mostly are Alpha/pre-Alpha. 
BleakObedientBoilweevil-size_restricted.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

Im  a bit dissapointed that i couldnt log in and check it out myself, but hey it's a beta test.
Live version still works fine so i dont understand what everyone is crying about.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

Again who are you calling silvers LOL , is that suppose to be an insult or is it so that , you representing that you are that part of toxicity that seems to think broken threat recognition defines something ?

Yes. It's so easy to become gold that being silver in that context usually means you are dethreater fuzzy bunny.

As long as we do not address the toxic attitude of players like you ,looking down on  threats , this game is not gonna magically grab new players.

See because I adressed dethreaters problem many times before unlike you who instead do that over beta of new engine and vent out your anger because for 2 hours you weren't able to login.

News flash: We all weren't.

Good try playing victim tho. - you are toxic one in this whole argument, here few examples from your past entries within this thread alone:

"Tracking the Engine Update"is good to read but yet to experience to see if it fits with the notes LOL.

You didn't because it wasn't ready. Argument I rose before, which you all shit on and pressured Matt to release it.

So do you prefer reading notes of EU development  or actually experiencing it first hand basis?

Experiencing it first hand. Don't think I wasn't trying to join beta as well. I know about 2 hours struggle - but what you presented with your posts here is childish.

64-bit transition is necessary but  that wont cover the new EU becoming outdated as 3.5 version is gonna be primitive soon enough, for the time being it will be a upscale to  the current dead engine but its  not gonna be enough very soon .

As of current it would be enough to sate most of this playerbase and especially LO. 3.5 to 4 porting is way easier than from dead 3 to 3.5.

It's only chance to APB we got so unless you won't bring some good alternative on table, I will discard your constant "engine gonna be soon outdated" argument.

Better than EU 3 we got now.

"Early Access" mostly are Alpha/pre-Alpha. 

Either way they are equally not ready for mass-selling. Yet they are sold.

Btw. use enters to make what you write more readable.

And stop going with war on the world because you losing it.

Edited by Mitne
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

wait wait wait I thought CPus were shrinking in nm size, not becoming 128bit 😳

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

2nd part of the Kempington apb stream was fine.No stutters like in the beginning,overall smooth experience and he logs almost from the 1st time(idk if this have to do with SPCT)He was runnin at 90 fps and i notice /pop sometimes was givin 130 people.So i guess wasnt failed test(o dou i wasnt able to log)I hope they move to finan/waterf testing now..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

For what I'm reading here, beta tests should remain closed for a selected amount of players, but this time they could open applications for it to everyone who wants to participate and once they have the list they'll have some time to prepare stuff for those who will participate. idk, something like that...

How much bored you must be, to wait 2+ hours trying to log in BUGGED Beta test, and then rage on the forum about it? You been warned its going to be shitty. I wouldnt be surprised if LO stopped being so transparent from now on.

I wanted to test it too but the hell with it.

So many have went in with these weird expectations. The constant hammering of how this will not be that holy grail and it needs to happen to understand more issues, not this full release. I'll use some assumptions about Alphas and Betas. Alpha is a game being brought from ground up that is in really experimental stages. The game's gameplay mechanics aren't fully realized in this state and is so bare-bone, you'd call it a demo. Beta is when there is some basics for it to be a game (Start/Execute/Stop). Both are these labels for it to be a testing ground. You're not there to stay and actually progress, but to run in to these issues that the Devs didn't see coming.

So many say the beta crashed and burned, but that's how it's supposed to go. The issue is how negatively everyone's saying it like it's supposed to be the actual release. Didn't get to play, but at least I helped crash the beta so hard that the Devs can prepare better. They learned more about which areas to prepare for, even if they did say there's some issues activity right before the testing date.

• Like 5

A beta test is when a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out before it reaches its production stage.

If a company advertises an open beta test to its client base, and a majority of those people cant access the product, that IS A CRASH AND BURN.

You are supposed to be able to predict and accommodate your audience sample size before running a beta test.

I'm not looking to crucify anyone over it and I'm not saying no good came from the test, but lets all just all live in reality and stop pretending this was a brilliant success. Most of the player base had their time wasted and were left with a bad taste in their mouths. I wouldn't call that a success.

• Dislike 2

57 minutes ago, Kylegrey2 said:

If a company advertises an open beta test to its client base, and a majority of those people cant access the product, that IS A CRASH AND BURN.

Is it ?

Or did LO have all of the appropriate monitoring tools in place to capture issues, anomalies and crashes ?

If they did , good for them,

This influx of players definitely tested this new system.

YEAH...   mission accomplished.

They already said that this Test uncovered "critical issues".

YEAH ...  mission accomplished.

Was the expectations of those that participated in this "Test" , thought that this was "Play" time ?

Well that would be unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Kylegrey2 said:

You are supposed to be able to predict and accommodate your audience sample size before running a beta test.

Predictions into an unknown, is just that.

Unknown...

But they knew what the population might be with this beta ...

Yes, based off of a UE 3.0 (32bit server & 32bit client) with custom code that has been replaced to work with the 64bit env and UE 3.5.

1 hour ago, Kylegrey2 said:

I'm not looking to crucify anyone over it and I'm not saying no good came from the test, but lets all just all live in reality and stop pretending this was a brilliant success. Most of the player base had their time wasted and were left with a bad taste in their mouths. I wouldn't call that a success.

I disagree that nothing good came from this test.

They found critical issues during this test.

YEAH ...  mission accomplished.

Yes,, yes , many player wanted to "play" , and were very disappointed.

Some, even angry ...

But testing the functionality of District play time has to first pass the other Application layers.

Login

World Server

..and then we play and report "those" bugs.

I am curious,., when we do get to Test District play time, and there will be bugs,

will we see the same level of outrage... ?

I have no predictions ,,

• Like 2

Player experiences varied greatly, even once they were able to log in.

Data was gathered, and no doubt lessons are being learned.

This is how testing goes: we break it, they fix it, we break it again, they fix it again, over and over until nothing breaks it.

The next test will explore other problems I'm sure. Please don't look at the beta as just being about playing the new engine early, there are reasons it isn't live.

This is your chance to help us break it some more.

This is testing and thank you all for your help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'll be ready for the next one, Didn't make past the master server last time.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Player experiences varied greatly, even once they were able to log in.

Data was gathered, and no doubt lessons are being learned.

This is how testing goes: we break it, they fix it, we break it again, they fix it again, over and over until nothing breaks it.

The next test will explore other problems I'm sure. Please don't look at the beta as just being about playing the new engine early, there are reasons it isn't live.

This is your chance to help us break it some more.

This is testing and thank you all for your help.

Ok np now give us SPCT skin 😄

Edited by Nagletz

Why the beta still didnt started after 3 of the date that u developers said?

I really wanna try out the new beta, but i cant login. 
I tried login in with my email and password, aswell as my char name and password, and neither works. Am i not being the smartest of people or is this common?

9 hours ago, Madarapt said:

Why the beta still didnt started after 3 of the date that u developers said?

This was intended to be a short timespan where the beta was publicly available, it was not intended to be available after the mentioned timeframe.

~@mayii

On 6/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Mitne said:

Yes. It's so easy to become gold that being silver in that context usually means you are dethreater fuzzy bunny.

See because I adressed dethreaters problem many times before unlike you who instead do that over beta of new engine and vent out your anger because for 2 hours you weren't able to login.

News flash: We all weren't.

Good try playing victim tho. - you are toxic one in this whole argument, here few examples from your past entries within this thread alone:

You didn't because it wasn't ready. Argument I rose before, which you all shit on and pressured Matt to release it.

Experiencing it first hand. Don't think I wasn't trying to join beta as well. I know about 2 hours struggle - but what you presented with your posts here is childish.

As of current it would be enough to sate most of this playerbase and especially LO. 3.5 to 4 porting is way easier than from dead 3 to 3.5.

It's only chance to APB we got so unless you won't bring some good alternative on table, I will discard your constant "engine gonna be soon outdated" argument.

Better than EU 3 we got now.

Either way they are equally not ready for mass-selling. Yet they are sold.

Btw. use enters to make what you write more readable.

And stop going with war on the world because you losing it.

I never pressured but thank you for adding me in that category. 
      I was showing my criticism to the rushed beta as clearly it was unfinished, yes It was meant to be harsh, sorry I hate polish talks when it comes to garbage presentation.
              "Porting to 3.5 to 4 is gonna be easier" just  a theory at the moment , based on history its gonna be like this EU.

I do have alternative suggestions but based on current LO budget , I doubt they can even do that.

Addition to my 2nd point , if LO thinks its gonna grab enough revenue for the next engine transition from this EU , it is definitely a wrong prediction.
                                  New players (majority) never gonna stick for long time  as matchmaking is broken , all I heard/ read was players will be matched with players with same or similar latency.
                                        Better than EU V3 is the only Pro with this EU in a  core perspective , there are other factors in Pro but It do not seems relevant to the game mechanism.

Not even close to war with the world, just  tired of the end loop of EU that is not gonna bring any significant change to even present it to others. 

With this I am concluding my replies and APB Reloaded:

giphy.gif

• Dislike 1