Sakebee

Calling the 6/27 Beta

Posted (edited)

chill it will probably be fixed in 1 month or 2.and if they only had room for a number of players that is completely understandable if that is the case it is a BETA  ppl. but you should not have called it a open beta you know your hardware if it is capable of open beta.now I dont know what the problem was saw a lot of speculation. but you should have been more transparent if there is a player cap in the open BETA.people with bad internet may have spent 6/8 hours downloading the client and again 2 hours trying to get in its bound to get people angry.

Edited by StraaZi
  • Like 1

Honestly, it was something highly expected and also predictable, the fact that a disaster would happen.

* Personally, I was joking with my friends about something like this was very likely *.

Now, in my opinion LO should have made clear the fact that many people could not enter * if they organize it on X day * and they should have raffled the acces, to be able to enter, thus avoiding a server overload.

9 minutes ago, 7GX said:

Honestly, it was something highly expected and also predictable, the fact that a disaster would happen.

* Personally, I was joking with my friends about something like this was very likely *.

Now, in my opinion LO should have made clear the fact that many people could not enter * if they organize it on X day * and they should have raffled the acces, to be able to enter, thus avoiding a server overload.

We are a very small community and out of the entire community only afew of us were trying to get in. Theres no reason why the server shouldnt have been able to handle the load. If it cant handle a small % of people how will it handle the whole community?

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

only afew of us were trying to get in

Why do you just say things?
You have no idea how many tried to play.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

We are a very small community and out of the entire community only afew of us were trying to get in. Theres no reason why the server shouldnt have been able to handle the load. If it cant handle a small % of people how will it handle the whole community?

Only this man    MattScott    knows.

┬────┬ ¯\_(ツ)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Why do you just say things?
You have no idea how many tried to play

Duh because he knows everyone personally involved with the beta. He has the numbers to back it up... Jeez. (Sarcasm) 

Sucks that you had hiccups today. Next time will hopefully be an improvement. Just gotta keep going along and getting it done piece by piece

Edited by Valkyrja-

Posted (edited)

Yup, that's totally true * After 6 years, people won't miss it *. And I don't usually see APB Streamers to compare the average online, but I think about 650 people from Kempington, 140 Exi .., and more were people who could not enter and enjoy the Beta. * The same, also people interested in the game * (ㆆ_ㆆ)

Edited by 7GX

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There were quite a few people interested to come back and try it on the Steam post alone...It's not just the people who play APB everyday

In this thread : Beta testers shocked the beta ran into issues

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWalke said:

I want my 2 hours of wasted lifetime back. I´m disappointed af. 

Good for you that you played this game only for 2 hours...  🙂

dang good thing I didn't stay up for it since it'll be like 2-3am my timezone, would've been mad if I stayed up and didn't even get to play it.

lets hope the next beta works better and lasts longer so I don't have to stay up for it.

1hr 20 mins of trying to get in. I had hope for this Beta. 

I had to go do IRL stuff and I was looking forward to coming back to the forums to people actually talking well about it. Talking about how great it ran or how fun it was or how excited people are for the future of APB. Now, I'm just like whatever.

Time to ride the wave my dudes 😎 see you all on the flip side.

not really sure why anyone is angry about this, not only is this exactly the kind of thing a beta/stress test is for but it’s pretty common sense that major undertakings (especially in apb) always have issues at startup

it’s easy to say “tHey sHoUld hAve eXpecTed iNcrEasEd wOrkLoaDs”, but estimations and real world numbers are rarely the same in these situations 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You all bitched and moaned for them to release the beta regardless of the development's state. You got exactly what you asked for, and have literally no right to complain. You were warned, you chose to ignore those warnings, and now you're all throwing tantrums like children. What a disgrace you all are.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You all bitched and moaned for them to release the beta regardless of the development's state. You got exactly what you asked for, and have literally no right to complain. You were warned, you chose to ignore those warnings, and now you're all throwing tantrums like children. What a disgrace you all are.

Well, the APB community is mostly made out of toxic people, that also use some sort of hack or aiding software to play. So them complaining means nothing, but LO listens which is a mistake. Thats mistake 1.

Mistake 2 is that I don't think LO is ready to develop a game of this magnitude. I said it once before, now I say it again and with good reason. They have one too many problems fixing the game as if they don't fully understand anything about it. But also they don't look at the obvious problems that could occurr just like preparing to get a lot of people swarming online when a beta releases, more people than currently the base game has. You can't go in there using a closed beta version used by 10 people when there is 5000 people trying to log in. Triple A companies had this problem too, I remember it happening in a couple of games, but those guys at least prepared for lets say 50k people logging in which was double the current playerbase, while they got lets say triple that amount instead, it was difficult to have foreseen such thing because of the higher numbers, but here in APB you have a small playerbase even if 5k people log in... and your servers can't handle that? This game is doomed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Especially when people demand for compensation.. Like wtf? You have been warned that this is gonna be a shitfest. I'm frustrated as well that i wasted 2h for nothing, but i was expecting this.

Edited by Venda

For the love of god, spin up multiple copies of each district next time and lock it to only existing players

You might even hold off on bring users characters over for now, just give everyone generic characters, 

9 hours ago, Mitne said:

I'm so sorry Matt, I warned you...

If you guys don't feel ready, don't cave in to mongloids demanding beta out.

Well, damage has been done. Too bad this might have future damage though with some not aware of APB situation.

It's not like this singular beta (long-time coming or not) is going to have any long-standing effect on the game. If APB were that fragile, it would've completely collapsed years ago.

4 hours ago, Catgorl said:

In this thread : Beta testers shocked the beta ran into issues

This was an alpha test at most.  Its an insult to call this unfinished pile of crap Beta.
Beta is something close to be released in full. 

365a7325-ddee-4b0c-9c84-7d4c96b4338c-gif

Posted (edited)

Well the cost of this mishap is of course player population decrease, well done !! (Alot of frustrated people)

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

Thanks to all of you who tried.

If it weren't for you, i haven't had that fine night of well sleeping.

3 hours ago, 404 said:

not really sure why anyone is angry about this, not only is this exactly the kind of thing a beta/stress test is for but it’s pretty common sense that major undertakings (especially in apb) always have issues at startup

it’s easy to say “tHey sHoUld hAve eXpecTed iNcrEasEd wOrkLoaDs”, but estimations and real world numbers are rarely the same in these situations 

This

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

^This too, cant agree more. Yall are some crybaby patootie mf 

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

we were told in advance that this was a beta test and nothing more ,and to expect problems and WE are the ones who pushed to do this test , and the whole time Matt Scott mentioned he had concerns.  chill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hypothesis said:

This was an alpha test at most.  Its an insult to call this unfinished pile of crap Beta.

chief there's more obvious ways to say "I have no idea wtf I am talking about"

I mean just look at my gameplay suggestions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hypothesis said:

365a7325-ddee-4b0c-9c84-7d4c96b4338c-gif

I guess you don't play many games. And I can assure you there are games with 10 times bigger budget that have every patchday looking like this beta and it goes on for weeks before somebody wakes up with a fix.

• Like 2