Sakebee

Calling the 6/27 Beta

It happens you can't get angry at the LO when you wanted to try the beta (I did as well). It's a beta things going wrong is bound to happen if you weren't prepared for it than you only have yourself to blame after all this is part of the test and they can get the data and be more prepared for it next time will it be flawless next no it's beta, but they will have a better understanding of the situation. Thank you devs for trying to let us play this beta I look forward to the next time.

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

You really have know idea.

Seriously, there is no cure for you my friend.

Either you understand Application Testing or you don't.

Not everyone does, give yourself a break.

giphy.gif

Oh, and by the way, Performance Testing is not the same as Stress Testing, is not the same as Unit Testing is not the same as System Testing.

oh I do , but in fact I am done accepting bs  reasoning , not gonna swallow it anymore. Yes both are different , but this was not a stress test, if it was they have done a worst job in history of stress testing not anticipating the pop count max limit from current APB. And never in the announcement it was said "stress test". But we can make bs for every failure .
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475d68f9aae00079f216

Not disappointed neither surprised. But I hope a new open test sooner. And if the problem is the stress of many players at same time, try do it in the middle of the week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

oh I do , but in fact I am done accepting bs  reasoning , not gonna swallow it anymore. Yes both are different , but this was not a stress test, if it was they have done a worst job in history of stress testing not anticipating the pop count max limit from current APB. And never in the announcement it was said "stress test". But we can make bs for every failure .

Well, you seem to know what you're talking about, so I will have to stop here.

I will add one small suggestion.

The next time LO has a Beta test, you might want to sit that one out.

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

Keep working guys, keep working...

I wasn't spamming into servers all this time, regardless to say I forgot to download the client lol 😂(Also made some nice symbol for daily apb dose 🙂 )

Dont see any reason people being angry, they have been warned ffs...

• Like 1

Well that was disappointing, didn't even get to play. Not being able to even get passed the character screen for the whole duration. 

(edit)

Oh I'm sorry, I cant express my feelings toward the beta test. With out offending someone. Got it.

Edited by RandomCatface

I crashed every time after getting "Connecting to world" for some reason, hope that'll get fixed for the next one

Edited by Zipen

Now I'm gonna say it.

You didn't liked this experince? Don't play beta again.

That's for good of this who actually understand what the fuck beta means, for good of LO and for good of your own nerves.

And with that we should end this damn thread because in my opinion it's pointless finding hole in whole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Westford said:

Well, you seem to know what you're talking about, so I will have to stop here.

I will add one small suggestion.

The next time LO has a Beta test, you might want to sit that one out.

giphy.gif

Yes of course. You seems to be still biting on the "stress test "  but today's failure seems like it sliced the remaining pop who had hope on EU expectation to half or even less. I was not expecting much to begin with. The fact that they decided to copy current database to the beta was a  huge step and expected to fail from there itself (Usually that is the last step).At least LO can count you in the remaining pop cause I am officially done. By the time they release a decent EU , the Unreal Engine will be Outdated so that it will be essential for another EU.
tenor.gif

thank you for this test, i got in with being patient, checked some stuff and my cars, found a bug, appreciated the nice new graphics and went off to play the normal game

dont let these smart people talk you down LO

good work on this one and i hope next time everything works as intended and we can test more!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the effort! I hope you managed to receive lots of data that helps improve the servers and client. 

Perhaps a queue would work for next time. I hope based on this attempt, it's visible how many players the servers can take allowing a queue to regulate it. 

The clan and I were waiting and trying to join, but still had a good evening playing the original game. 

Good luck on the next attempt and keep your heads up! 

Edited by Infinito

1 minute ago, Hypothesis said:

Yes of course. You seems to be still biting on the "stress test "  but today's failure seems like it sliced the remaining pop who had hope on EU expectation to half or even less. I was not expecting much to begin with. The fact that they decided to copy current database to the beta was a  huge step and expected to fail from there itself (Usually that is the last step).At least LO can count you in the remaining pop cause I am officially done. By the time they release a decent EU , the Unreal Engine will be Outdated so that it will be essential for another EU.

You seems to be still biting on the "stress test "  

Not at all.

I'm not pushing Stress test or anything specific, you are.

You see today's test as a failure.

You were disappointed, maybe even angry.

I get it.

Get over it.

And do not set yourself up for disappointment in the future.

Wait for the live release of the Engine Upgrade.

You will be much happier.

Cheers

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Golderlight123 said:

Rip APB 2010-2020 -  2020 will be the end of apb as we know it, from here on out i don't think it will recover fully you see a decline in N.A you see Australian players that wanting to play but can't due to it being so laggy - i know covid19 was the last straw for APB but i do hope i'm wrong. I've played this game since real time worlds - it had it's ups and down new owners 1 that couldn't be bothered to update or patch the game and promised the engine would be here - 2013 came nothing 2015 came still nothing - Little orbit brought APB reloaded - 2018 - started patching the game it got more players, covid19 came, APB reloaded got more players to the point where we were seeing 1000+ population on Eu per day, i felt that this game was on the up and didn't want this game to die - as the covid19 lock down were easing you started to see a decline in APB reloaded players - from 1000+ to just under 400 population, it's when i say it won't recover because you start seeing a pattern and it's a ugly pattern at that. as i said before i do hope this game fully recovers from the terror the blight and the curse maybe one day just one day APB reloaded will shine once again, like it did back in real time worlds days. but for now 2020 is the finale straw - this is the year that makes APB reloaded make or break. sorry for the long story but just my thoughts 

what you mean? Aussies are the reason why we HAVE TO play west every single day. They still play the game.

PD:

I don't think any NA player could join districts..

am i wrong?

Edited by Uhtdred

10 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

what you mean? Aussies are the reason why we HAVE TO play west every single day. They still play the game.

PD:

am i wrong?

The people who i talk to are Australian they would love to play APB again but it's too laggy for them  they normally get around 250 ping which is unplayable - i used to play with them, but for those Australians that do play still get around 200+ ping  it's the love of the game, i respect them for it because i wouldn't come on and play with 200+ ping it would annoy the crap out of me lol, and if Australia got a  server - they would be flocking to APB reloaded. Mat scott is really missing out on a big chance here - i know covid19 is a issue but i do hope he gives what they want

Maybe LO could have made their lives a lil'bit easier if it was called an alpha or pre-alpha run?

I mean it was kinda foreseeable that a not negligible amount of people would be disappointed in their expectations even with Matt saying to hold ones expectations.

Sadly that's just not how it works out ever. People read beta test and run with it... there is no reasoning. Gotta spoonfeed every little thing or it will be misused.

It was clearly communicated that it might be to soon. It was a gesture in good faith for the community that had been waiting on progress for years.

Hahaha you all got trolled! +1 for LO 👍.

Asylum is for mindless bots and social for useless tools... pretty much nothing to play the beta for.

2 hours ago, Russinho said:

When we had the streamers beta Matt said the new engine was coming within WEEKS not MONTHS, he will always repeat the same thing. its clear for me that apb will not get an engine update, we didint even seen the districts yet

For now, settle for this: 🤏😉--😉👌

Edited by 7GX

30 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Maybe LO could have made their lives a lil'bit easier if it was called an alpha or pre-alpha run?

I mean it was kinda foreseeable that a not negligible amount of people would be disappointed in their expectations even with Matt saying to hold ones expectations.

Sadly that's just not how it works out ever. People read beta test and run with it... there is no reasoning. Gotta spoonfeed every little thing or it will be misused.

It was clearly communicated that it might be to soon. It was a gesture in good faith for the community that had been waiting on progress for years.

It's one thing to hold your expectations, and it's another you don't get a chance to get disappointed. 

Can't say I'm looking forward another beta but it's almost amusing that people try to defend LO for not doing their homework.

aGj2ZdZ_460s.jpg

• Like 1

Even though I played Beta's before... I kinda wanted to try this with my friends and have some fun. 
Shame that the servers couldn't handle all these players. Better luck next time ^^

LO, Matt, when the next Beta test happens and you feel that you're just not ready to deliver a positive experience - postpone it for a later date. 

I'm sure 90% of users on this forum have no idea what it takes to mantain and troubleshoot a server, especially under heavy load, but they'll be happy to let you know they are disappointed for not being able to play. 

I hope this test helped you gather information you needed and I'll be sure to hop into next Beta when it happens.

#supportLO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

PD:

am i wrong?

is there really that many Australians? I assume there's like maybe 5 active playing atm or it could be the Koreans and the Asia players starting west. 

1 hour ago, Golderlight123 said:

The people who i talk to are Australian they would love to play APB again but it's too laggy for them  they normally get around 250 ping which is unplayable - i used to play with them, but for those Australians that do play still get around 200+ ping  it's the love of the game, i respect them for it because i wouldn't come on and play with 200+ ping it would annoy the crap out of me lol, and if Australia got a  server - they would be flocking to APB reloaded. Mat scott is really missing out on a big chance here - i know covid19 is a issue but i do hope he gives what they want

Australians get 220-250 on NA east and 160-190ms on NA west, if from perth you may be able to get 220ms on EU servers. 

Though if there was an Australian server again, which happen around the end of 2014 it will eventually die again, unless there's like at least 150+ population of Australian players active, I would like an Australian server but my guess it's gonna be less than 20. Though the last time AUS server was around average 20/20 in district including Asia players, old players came back play for a while to test low latency and good Australian players ended up stomping all the players due to unbalance matchmaking and low population. That's why its not going to work well. 

there's only 4% chance those Australian players who started playing APB when it was in Australia still play today or actually continue to progress throughout the years.  

Edited by Deadliest

Whats concerning is that this was only a small % of the already small playerbase the game has left and the server couldnt handle it. I hope this is a one off as this new engine being deployed without issue determines wether APB will survive or not.